Emmys

Emmys 2011: We're Live-Blogging 'Em!

Get More: Awards, Emmys

Welcome to TVLine’s 2011 Emmys Live Blog — where we’ll cheer wildly with you when Vanessa Williams finally wins her Supporting Actress in a Comedy statuette for Ugly Betty (whoops! wrong year!) and gently dry your tears if Steve Carell ends the evening without a single Lead Actor in a Comedy trophy for his entire run on The Office (compared to Tony Shalhoub’s three for Monk).

In the midst of keeping one eye on the telecast (hosted by Glee‘s Jane Lynch) and one on my computer (to ensure I don’t commit any spelling offenses against the sensational J-u-li-a-n-n-a M-a-r-g-u-l-i-e-s), I’ll try to pull some of your best comments into our live stream. Just don’t take offense if your witty asides and bon mots don’t make the cut; I’m not a character on Alphas, just a mere mortal with speed-reading limitations. And with those housekeeping notes out of the way, let’s all dive into the CoverItLive module below, and at 8/7c, we’ll let the live-blogging commence!

Tags: ,

Comments (26)

• Ryan Seacrest is the very definition of insipid…

Comment by Buffy Freak – September 18, 2011 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • UGH…this opening number is beyond painful!

Comment by Buffy Freak – September 18, 2011 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the opening number was wonderfulane Lynch was THE BEST!

Comment by Debbie – September 19, 2011 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Julie Bowen!!!!

Comment by Buffy Freak – September 18, 2011 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Officially the most boring Emmy’s ever. Though I am curious to see how they are going to give Modern Family all the Drama awards as well.

Comment by Lily – September 18, 2011 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe the Emmy’s could hire the “Modern Family” writers next year. This show is a dud!

Comment by Adam – September 18, 2011 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. It was so boring.

Comment by Theresa – September 19, 2011 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the way the girls all just went up on stage, the nominees.
    I wish ALL the nominees got to do that!

Comment by martha in texas – September 18, 2011 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • rando question, and I hate to ask here but is anyone hearing weird ringing…it might just be my tv…

Comment by Bad Tv? – September 18, 2011 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No I heard it too…I kept thinking it was someone’s cell phone

Comment by Buffy Freak – September 18, 2011 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yup I hear it too.

Comment by Kirstin – September 18, 2011 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • oh thank god haha, at first I thought I was crazy and then I thought I was going to have to return another TV – thanks!!

Comment by Bad Tv? – September 18, 2011 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Weird sound! It was throughout the whole show, except when they went to commercial. It must have driven the audio crew, Director and Producers nuts!! How could a show of this stature not find this problem in less then ten minutes. Really surprising the Press hasn’t written about this or investigated it.

With that said, the whole show had strange vibe. Awful writing… Those jokes by the announcer were lame at best. The harmonic quintet was out of Lawrence Welk. The show was jinxed from the fade up…

Comment by James – September 19, 2011 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what was that? I didn’t get it

Comment by ladyashby – September 18, 2011 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Worst. Pre-show. Ever.

Comment by Amanda – September 18, 2011 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Either something’s broken or someone doesn’t like me. I’ll be quiet now.

Comment by TigerNightmare – September 18, 2011 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WORST SHOW EVER!!!! Who is writting these introductions made by the announcer? Terrible opening and Terrible host. Have a comedian as the host who can tell jokes that are funny. At the end of her jokes -nothing!!! Anything on TV is better than this!!!

Comment by ehollis – September 18, 2011 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m soooo glad Kyle Chandler won for FNL!!!! I just wish Connie Britton and the show had won! It was such a wonderful show! I will really miss it.

Comment by GMom – September 18, 2011 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who won best host of a variety series?!?!

Comment by GMom – September 18, 2011 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so sick of all the awards being put together by “type”…. split it up!

Comment by Paul – September 18, 2011 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Searching, searching, searching and I can’t for the love of me find out if Cat Deeley won the Emmy for hosting So You Think You Can Dance…PLEASE, SOMEBODY TELL ME…………..

Comment by ChrissieK – September 18, 2011 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She didn’t unfortunately — that went to Jeff Probst. That category was announced during the Creative Arts Emmys last week.

Comment by Niko – September 18, 2011 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Unfortunate is putting it mildly. She’s a terrific gal/host!

Comment by s. sisk – September 19, 2011 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The sound was awful. Kept hearing that ringing noise too. Show was boring. The variety host award should be given out during the show. The presenters joke attempts were painful.

Comment by Theresa – September 19, 2011 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Irrégulières! Il a été pendant toute la preuve, à part quand ils dirigés vers des entreprises. Il devrait avoir conduit le slot machine Avez-un comédien que l’hôte qui peut raconter des blagues qui sont drôles. A la fin de ses blagues

Comment by Ann Jiminez – November 22, 2011 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post