Emmys

Friday Night Lights Guys Cheer Show's Emmy Chances – Plus, Parenthood Scoop!

Will Friday Night Lights score its biggest underdog victory on Sunday night, and take home the Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series? Matt Lauria and Michael B. Jordan, who played Luke and Vince on the acclaimed drama series, would love nothing more than to see Team Dillon get its long-awaited and -deserved due.

In the video interviews below, conducted at TVLine’s Emmy weekend kickoff reception at Levi’s Haus, Jordan expounded how grabbing Emmy gold for the show or VIP nominees Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton would be icing on the cake for FNL. (Jordan also goes on to answer one of my burning questions coming out of last Tuesday’s Parenthood premiere, as well as tease Alex’s past wrongdoings.)

Lauria in turn shares his own hopes for FNL‘s Emmy night fate — if only because it means a wild party at series boss Jason Katims’ house and BMWs for everyone! (I think he was joking….)

Comments (7)

• Friday Night Lights was an awesome show the way it ended after five years but for Michael B. Jordan, he’s great on Parenthood. As for Matt Lauria, he’s kind of looks like his FNL co-star Zach Gilford but I couldn’t tell apart from their looks.

Comment by kevin – September 17, 2011 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will never ever get tired of hearing from this cast, following their careers, reading about their wonderful experiences making FNL and generally reliving the greatest TV experience of my life.
    I wish them all the best for the Emmys and can only hope that I will have the pleasure of their talent for many years to come.

Comment by Alex – September 17, 2011 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen! Cheers to the best TV show of all time!!

Comment by Jamie – September 17, 2011 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. The entire cast should be commended for the way they’ve performed and how gracious they’ve been becasue FNL ended too soon. I love Michael on Parenthood and loved Matt on Chicago Code. Best wishes to them all.

Comment by Kimm – September 18, 2011 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I never watched Friday Night Lights, but I think it’s my loss. I’ve been thinking of a show to catch up on online, and because of your post I’m going to check it out. If I can get the DVD, even better, but meanwhile I’m going to watch it and see why this show seems to be so great to so many.

Comment by ravie – September 18, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Keep an eye out at Target. I’ve had good luck picking up whole seasons for around ten dollars apiece.

Comment by Matt – September 18, 2011 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FNL WAS ROBBED LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Marisa – September 19, 2011 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post