Fall TV Preview

First Look: The Middle Enrolls Chord Overstreet

Looks who’s back in the classroom!

Glee grad Chord Overstreet makes an appearance in an upcoming episode of ABC’s The Middle (premiering Wednesday, Sept. 21 at 8/7c) as Brick’s idealistic (and young!) new teacher. And based on this first look photo, Neil Flynn’s big bad dad, Mike, is none too happy with how things are going.

Exclusive: Chord Overstreet on Leaving Glee and What’s Next

Take a peek at the face-off between Overstreet and the Scrubs alum in the picture below, and check out the fireworks in action on The Middle‘s Sept. 28 installment, titled “Hecking Order.” Excited to see Overstreet back on your TV screen this fall? Sound off in the comments!

Comments (19)

• Yup. Definitely looks like Eric Daniels (Shaun Sipos) from Life UneXpected.

Comment by Michael – September 16, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • they are like dopplegangers lool

Comment by Sara – September 17, 2011 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now thats the kind of teachers we need to see more of! ;)

Comment by Abigail – September 16, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Putting this show on my DVR schedule right now…

Comment by Marcus – September 16, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this could be potentially interesting for the show, Brick having such a young male teacher. I wonder if he’ll be a recurring characterthis season in the way that Doris Roberts appeared twice (was it?) as one of Brick’s teacher. I could see Sue getting a crush on him.

Comment by topsyturvy – September 16, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • characterthis = character this

Brick’s teacher = Brick’s teachers

Comment by topsyturvy – September 16, 2011 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m sure he’d be willing to come back if asked but acting doesn’t seem to be a priority for him right now. He’s working on his album.

Comment by Captain – September 16, 2011 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He must be so excited to speak words that aren’t written by a group of people with the mentality of prepubescent girls.

Comment by Josh – September 16, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not familiar with Overstreet, but I can’t WAIT for the new season of The Middle — one of the best shows on tv right now.

Comment by blingedup.susan – September 16, 2011 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • trouty mouth and janitor. how can this not be a success

Comment by purt – September 16, 2011 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not trying to start anything here, but me thinks he upgraded. “The Middle” is a way better show than “Glee’s” been lately.

Comment by Adam L. – September 16, 2011 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not trying to battle with you but I’m just going to point out that a major role on a popular series is a bit better than a guest appearance with the option to return.

Comment by Captain – September 16, 2011 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think The Middle is a better show and Brick is the best character on television.

Comment by Yo – September 16, 2011 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh Sam, I’m missing you something fierce. I’m happy Chord’s moved on to hopefully bigger and better things, but Sam was almost the only good thing about Glee last season and now he’s gone. Stupid, stupid Glee.

Comment by Rigby – September 16, 2011 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait!! I haven’t watched the show before but I’ll tune in for Chord. I hope there is potential for more appearances this season.

Comment by Angel – September 16, 2011 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • same here. i have seen bits of the middle and it hasn’t totally grabbed me enough to really start watching it. i am really going to miss sam on glee so this seems like the perfect opportunity to finally check this show out.

Comment by murley – September 18, 2011 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boring and monotonous -that’s his mediocre acting method. He’s only here featured because of his looks.

Comment by Jouin – September 16, 2011 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And his looks aren’t all that great, either. He needs to fade into the oblivion he so richly deserves.

Comment by Miffy – September 16, 2011 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post