First Look: The Middle Enrolls Chord Overstreet

Looks who’s back in the classroom!

Glee grad Chord Overstreet makes an appearance in an upcoming episode of ABC’s The Middle (premiering Wednesday, Sept. 21 at 8/7c) as Brick’s idealistic (and young!) new teacher. And based on this first look photo, Neil Flynn’s big bad dad, Mike, is none too happy with how things are going.

Exclusive: Chord Overstreet on Leaving Glee and What’s Next

Take a peek at the face-off between Overstreet and the Scrubs alum in the picture below, and check out the fireworks in action on The Middle‘s Sept. 28 installment, titled “Hecking Order.” Excited to see Overstreet back on your TV screen this fall? Sound off in the comments!

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Fall TV Preview, First Look, Previews

1. Michael says:

Yup. Definitely looks like Eric Daniels (Shaun Sipos) from Life UneXpected.

2. Abigail says:

Now thats the kind of teachers we need to see more of! ;)

3. Marcus says:

Putting this show on my DVR schedule right now…

4. topsyturvy says:

I think this could be potentially interesting for the show, Brick having such a young male teacher. I wonder if he’ll be a recurring characterthis season in the way that Doris Roberts appeared twice (was it?) as one of Brick’s teacher. I could see Sue getting a crush on him.

5. Josh says:

He must be so excited to speak words that aren’t written by a group of people with the mentality of prepubescent girls.

6. blingedup.susan says:

Not familiar with Overstreet, but I can’t WAIT for the new season of The Middle — one of the best shows on tv right now.

7. purt says:

trouty mouth and janitor. how can this not be a success

8. Adam L. says:

Not trying to start anything here, but me thinks he upgraded. “The Middle” is a way better show than “Glee’s” been lately.

• Captain says:

I’m not trying to battle with you but I’m just going to point out that a major role on a popular series is a bit better than a guest appearance with the option to return.

• Yo says:

I think The Middle is a better show and Brick is the best character on television.

9. Rigby says:

Oh Sam, I’m missing you something fierce. I’m happy Chord’s moved on to hopefully bigger and better things, but Sam was almost the only good thing about Glee last season and now he’s gone. Stupid, stupid Glee.

10. Angel says:

Can’t wait!! I haven’t watched the show before but I’ll tune in for Chord. I hope there is potential for more appearances this season.

• murley says:

same here. i have seen bits of the middle and it hasn’t totally grabbed me enough to really start watching it. i am really going to miss sam on glee so this seems like the perfect opportunity to finally check this show out.

11. Jouin says:

Boring and monotonous -that’s his mediocre acting method. He’s only here featured because of his looks.