Emmys

Emmys 2011: And the Winners (According to TVLine Readers) Are...

Emmy Weekend is upon us, and TV addicts need not look further than TVLine for the full smorgasbord of coverage. We’ll have breaking news and interviews (courtesy of @MichaelAusiello, @MegMasters, @MattMitovich, and @VladaGelman), we’ll have a live-blog of Sunday’s ceremony (courtesy of yours truly), and of course a rundown of all the winners. But first, we’ve got the results of a series of polls we conducted over the last few weeks finding out who you’re rooting for in all the major categories. So get clicking and find out who would be taking home Emmy gold if TVLine readers ran the world!

1. Ingmar says:

Lol, I quite disagree with everything besides Jim Parsons. Julianne Marguilles needs to win. She acted the best. In all episodes. Point. Same for Archie Panjabie.

• jennrae says:

No way, Elisabeth Moss FTW!

• J says:

You disagree with everything except the one person who definitely shouldn’t win–the exceedingly annoying Jim Parsons on the overrated BBT over Steve Carell’s iconic character in his final season of Emmy eligibility? Lol indeed. You are an idiot.

2. isabel says:

I disagree with some of those, specially the outstanding Actress in a Drama category.
    Julianna Margulies FTW! She so deserves that Emmy.

3. JohnDoe says:

Game of Thrones FTW. I’d much rather see that win than the cumbersome and rather slow Boardwalk (or Boredwalk) Empire. FNL doesn’t stand a chance against either of these. Neither of those probably stand a chance against Mad Men either. Go Peter Dinklage though!

4. Kirstin says:

Hell to the no on Andre. Peter Dinklage was the most fun I had watching TV ALL year.

5. Josh says:

Oh, I am really going to enjoy the heartbreak when few of these people win.

6. Linda says:

If Parks & Recreation and Amy Poehler doesn’t take home the gold I’m gonna find all the emmy voters make them watch EVERY SINGLE episode of Parks, and they are gonna laugh their asses off, and then I’m gonna make them understand that Laura Linney and Edie Falco aren’t comedic actresses, they are actresses! That Parks & Recreation is the BEST comedy on TV, that Amy Poehler (happy bday, btw) is the awesomest of them all, the funniest of them all! She wrote Telethon and The Fight, for Gods sake! In the words of GOB “C’MON!” This is the year Parks & Recreation will win it all!

7. Jon says:

Who the hell voted for Hugh Laurie? And Outstanding Drama should go to Game of Thrones. And I agree, Julianne Margulies needs to win.

This is a pretty bad list.

• Renee says:

Who wouldn’t vote for hottie Hugh Laurie!!! In what ever catagory!

• maggie says:

30% of the voters picked Hugh Laurie. He’s overdue for an Emmy.

Just because you don’t agree with what the voters picked doesn’t mean it’s a “pretty bad list.”

• joe says:

I agree Game of Thrones has to get Drama.amazing show

• Lisa says:

Are you crazy? Hugh Laurie is today the best actor in drama!!!! He deserves Emmy a long time!!! At least, here, inteligent people can vote!!! Go, go, Laurie!!! We love your perfomance!!!

• Célia says:

Jon, você está totalmente equivocado!!! A sua opinião, como se pode ver, não é a da maioria! Sou brasileira e adoro o Hugh Laurie!!! Fala sério! Ele merece o prêmio há muito tempo. Não sei por que esses críticos incompetentes não lhe deram o prêmio ainda! Acho que é porque ele não é americano!
      Pelo menos aqui a gente pode dar a opinião.

• Lizie says:

Because you are the end-all-be-all of television critics? Why is it so difficult to fathom that what’s “ridiculous” is your ignorance and not the fact that some appreciate performances that you might not have?

8. Poppy says:

Yes, Julianna Margulies is a wonderful actress, but Connie Britton deserves the win for five years of outstanding work on FNL. Julianna can have it next year.

I personally feel that this year’s Emmy picks is a tough one. So many wonderful actors or amazing shows. Like they say, “it’s just an honor to be nominated.”

9. Taylor Geary says:

Too bad it’s not going to go this way at all. My guess is that maybe two of these predictions wind up coming true. There is no way Amy Poehler is going to win, mark my word. I want Laura Linney, but that might not happen either.

10. panos says:

I completely disagree with everything besides Jim Parsons and Margo Martindale….awful choices…I mean FNL beating GoT is ridiculous.

• Michael says:

• gracie says:

Michael – is it so hard to let others have their own opinion..do they need to follow like sheep? Panos doesn’t agree with you, so they have ignorance. You are the one who is ignorant.

11. Brando says:

Drama: Boardwalk Empire, Steve Buscemi, Kathy Bates, Andre Braugher & Kelly Mcdonald.

Comedy: Modern Family, Steve Carrell, Martha Plimpton, Jesse Tyler Ferguson & Sofia Vergara.

• Kate says:

I hope you’re right about JTF! I love him on Modern Family and think he gets overlooked since he isn’t playing the flamboyant partner.

12. Jon says:

The Daily Show is still great, and thankfully hasn’t softened over the years, but I think that the late late show with Craig Ferguson is the best night time talk show out there doing new and unique stuff, and deserves an emmy.

13. Yo Mama says:

Hugh Laurie? Really? Given the picks in this contest I’m surprised that Mariska Hargitay didn’t come out on top in this poll’s best actress category. Do none of y’all have cable?! Sorry, Hugh. You may be the Susan Lucci of the primetime Emmys, but this is going to be the year Jon Hamm takes for Mad Men.

• Alicia says:

Yeah, that’s pretty interesting… Kyle Chandler was killing the competition, and John Hamm was a distant second, yet somehow Hugh managed to “win” in the end.
      Well, as amazing as Hamm was in “The Suitcase,” Chandler has been perfect for 5 seasons on FNL so the Emmy should be his.

• Becca says:

Hugh Laurie su***. That´s all.

14. eviltwit says:

no John Noble from Fringe(or anyone else from Fringe for that matter)?!

15. EMILY says:

JULIANNA NEEDS TO WIN. comedy lead actress is still the most amazing category

16. Debaloo says:

The only pick I 100% disagree with is Chris Colfer from Glee for Outstanding supporting actor in a comedy. There was nothing funny about his performance. In fact, for most of the season his character was downright unlikeable. I would give that one to Ty Burrell. He is comedy gold on modern family.

• alyssa says:

I 100% agree with you. I could not stand Kurt this season on Glee. Every scene he was in he was either whining or crying; it’s gotten so old and pretty darn annoying.
      Ty Burrell, on the other hand, is the epitome of a scene stealer. He is one of the funniest men on TV and deserves to get recognized for it!

• airhead says:

exactly. I really don’t like Kurt, and he’s definitely not funny, so the idea that Chris Colfer could even be nominated in this category, let alone possibly win is ridiculous. Ty Burrell winning would be totally awesome.

17. Alex says:

Yay for all the FNL wins – and Margo Martindale, who’s brilliant – but the Hugh Laurie one just confuses me.
    He’s role on House is well past its prime. I get that many House fans, like myself, wish he’d won the Emmy already, but even the Emmys will have to admit that the show is a shadow of its former self.

• maggie says:

The show “House” may not be as good as it used to be, but Hugh Laurie is still brilliant in the role. One could argue that HL had it easy when he was given great scripts, and that it’s more challenging for him to be brilliant when he’s given crap to work with.

• Alex says:

It’s been really tough for me as a House and Hugh Laurie fan to witness the drastic decline of the show – and I agree that Laurie’s maintained an excellent performance throughout, but despite what many of us might believe, the voters do take the quality of the writing into consideration as well.
        I think House’s character development this season was not appreciated by most and that ultimately reflects on the actor as well.
        I really do wish he’d won 4 or 5 years ago – this is just another black mark on the Emmys shameful record of snubs.

• Luisa says:

Yes, I agree on you. I also think Hugh Laurie is still brilliant in the role!!!

18. Jesse says:

FNL is simple outstanding and was snubbed for 5 years. I’d like to see the show win, as well as Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton. This is the last chance. Such an understated, yet amazing show. The acting, writing, and directing were top notch.

19. Chiara says:

I wonder if the people that are saying that FNL doesn’t deserve to win have ever seen an episode of this wonderful show.

20. Sam says:

Hugh Laurie is way past his prime on House. I don’t care if he’s the greatest actor in the world: If the material he’s given sucks, he shouldn’t win. Amy Poehler is not as great a comedic actress as Tina Fey. However, she was given a better part this year, so she should win. Same goes for Connie vs. Julianna. Overall, I’d say Britton is the better actress. But her competitor really got a lot to work with this year.

• Dani says:

I’d have loved to have seen him win this a couple of years ago, but if he wins this year it’ll be more of an award for persistently turning up to the ceremony than anything else. Still a fabulous actor, but IMO both Hamm and Buscemi gave more nuanced performances this year.

• maggie says:

“If the material he’s given sucks, he shouldn’t win.”
      The award is for ACTING, not writing. Actors can give brilliant performances even if the script is crap, and can give bad performances even if the script is brilliant. You seem to be judging Laurie, Poehler, Fey, Britton & Margulies based on the writing of their respective shows, which isn’t fair to them as actors.

• Dani says:

I don’t think that ‘After Hours’ was the necessarily the best showcase for the range that Hugh Laurie is capable of. It was all at one level, i.e. fraught in comparison with the likes of Jon Hamm who submitted ‘The Suitcase’ which required him to be emotionally all over the place and remain convincing. Sadly it’s not particularly fair to the actors, but it also works both ways. A good, solid script just won’t get the plaudits it deserves if it’s poorly delivered.

21. Thomas says:

Can’t wait to see if Mad Men wins anything, particularly Weiner himself, because if he actually gives a speech, Kurt Sutter’s retaliatory rant will be epic. I’m laughing already.

• Alex says:

Ha! I love Kurt Sutter’s anti-Mad Men rants so much. He doesn’t hate the show itself, rather Matt Weiner’s over-inflated ego. I want FNL to win it all more than anything else, though it’ll be great if Mad Men wins just to hear what @Sutterink has to say about it.
      BTW – I love Mad Men too. And Sons of Anarchy. Hell, I love pretty much all the nominees (except Boardwalk Empire and Glee).

22. Lindy says:

I am so over Parsons and ‘The Big Bang Theory’ so I disagree. Steve Carell really needs some recognition for his amazing run on ‘The Office.’ He was consistently brilliant as the often cringe-worthy Michael Scott.

But I soooo agree about Amy Poehler. She is AMAZING in ‘Parks and Recreation’ (which is also AMAZING btw).

23. jason says:

not gonna happen

24. Dee says:

I’m so happy to see Hugh Laurie won. He deserves it. The show might not be what it once was, but he is still one of the best actors on television.

25. Betz88 says:

I’m for Hugh.
    Always was,
    Always will be …

26. DL says:

I thought Chris Colfer was great this season on Glee, but having watched every episode of both Glee and Modern Family this past year, I’d give the gold to Ty Burrell.

• alyssa says:

Thank you!! Ty Burrell is brilliant! One of the best comedic actors on TV right now.
      I can’t believe that there was no Modern Family love in these results. It is, in my opinion, one of the best shows on television!

27. Where's Kristen says:

Jane Lynch is great! So funny. But the Emmy belongs to Kristen Wiig. She is by far the most deserving of it.

28. asdasda says:

I hope Hugh Laurie win. He deserve it and even if sHouse is worse show then few years ago, Hugh is still great actor.
    And… I’d love to hear his acceptance speech :)
    finger crossed!

29. kidding says:

really? Kurt? BLAH!

30. Mike says:

Something tells me Cofer fans will be unhappy on Sunday

31. bazinga says:

only agree with Jim Parsons

32. Ray says:

Hugh Laurie FTW!!!

33. Ray says:

Hugh Laurie FTW!!!

34. wen says:

Hugh deserves to win since 2004, no surprise there.

35. bitchplease says:

Give Hugh Laurie an Academy award for his performance in ‘After Hours’.

36. chris says:

Chris Colfer? Seriously? I read enough.

37. Steve T says:

Sorry, but neither Jane Lynch nor Chris Colfer deserve to win this year. Not their fault but they were both given really crappy material to work with.

Yes to Jim Parsons, the only person on TV that makes me laugh outloud.

Hoping for a win for Peter Dinklage. He is fantastic on GofT. I am sorry that he wasn’t joined in the nominations by Emilia Clarke. She may be the best young actress out there.

38. JHarnes says:

Peter Dinklage deserves the win!

39. Andrea says:

Matt, I think you’re awesome, but I’ve never understood all of the hype and adoration for Friday Night Lights. Not that it was a bad show, but I don’t think it was the Second Coming, either.

JM and TGW all the way!

40. leo says:

disagree with almost all categories. these are the ones who should win (does not mean they are the ones who will win, unfortunately):

drama: the good wife
    comedy: modern family

actress in drama: Julianna Margulies
    actor in drama: Hugh Laurie
    supporting actress in drama: Michelle Forbes or Archie Panjabi
    supporting actor in drama: Alan Cumming

actress in comedy: Martha Plimpton
    actor in comedy: Jim Parsons
    supporting actress in comedy: Sofia Vergara or Julie Bowen
    supporting actor in comedy: Ed O’Neill or Ty Burrell

41. Stephen S. says:

My picks:

Drama Series: The Good Wife
    Comedy Series: Modern Family
    Lead actor Drama: Hugh Laurie (Timothy Olyphant being a VERY close second though)
    Lead actor Comedy: Steve Carell
    Lead Actress Drama: Juliana Margulies
    Lead Actress Comedy: Amy Poehler
    Supporting Actor Drama: Walton Goggins
    Supporting Actor Comedy: Ed O’Neil (Chris Colfer is a close second though)
    Supporting Actress Drama: Margo Martindale
    Supporting Actress Comedy: Julie Bowen

42. Cecilia says:

Hugh deserves to win since 2004, no surprise there.

Give Hugh Laurie an Academy award for his performance in ‘After Hours’.

I’m for Hugh.
    Always was,
    Always will be

43. Carla says:

I’m from Argentina! Here, we love Hugh Laurie! We think he deserves the Emmy award since 2004! We dond’t understand why he still not win.
    But we are so happy because here he won. That’s real popular vote! Sorry, my english is not good!

Hugh Laurie, we love you!!! Your performance is very fantastic!!!!

We hope Hugh Laurie win!!!

44. John G says:

Go Peter Dinklage! He’s the one I want to see win. GOT was definitely my favorite new show this year with The Walking Dead a close second.

45. Deysi says:

Come on Hugh ! … You’ll win the Emmy!

46. veronica bellotti says:

I watched Dowton Abbey for the first time last night,glad I did,its good it picked up some awards.

47. tummy tuck says:

In a business set-up where there is only the founder or
    partners, the CEO oversees the entire operation of the business organization.

Nose Huggies has a webpage that is highly professional especially with the medical experts that
    keep popping up on the screen right on the lower left section of the site.
    In second implantation method a shell is packed with saline and the shell is untainted and entrenched in breasts.
    Finally, you can be unhappy with the way that your surgery has
    turned out after healing; you may expect some results that
    are impossible due to your underlying structure, or your surgeon may not be able to complete the dramatic transformation
    you’re hoping for.

48. Royal says:

The phosphorus level blood test is performed to determine how much
    phosphorus is in a patient’s blood. Only supplement Magnesium if you are
    not getting enough through your diet. Well, Policosanol is a hypocholesterolemic (cholesterol-lowering) compound that actually interacts with LDL cholesterol (the bad cholesterol).

49. Luciana says:

Sad to say, there are the chemical components of synthetic vitamins have an impact on the long term.
    In general, most multivitamins consist increased vitamin C and B jointly with else healthy vitamins and minerals.
    I love this Mutli-Vitamin and I recommend it to all the people that want an impact type Mutli because I really only
    want to take one supplement.