ABC Family Renews Make It or Break It, Orders More Lying Game and Cancels ChloeGeorgia

In a surprise move, ABC Family is mounting another season of its gymnastics drama Make it or Break It. Additionally, the network has given a 12-episode back-order to one freshman series (The Lying Game), canceled two others (The Nine Lives of Chloe King and State of Georgia), and ordered three new pilots — including a new one-hour drama from Gilmore Girls creator Amy Sherman-Palladino.

“ABC Family expanded its schedule to present three nights of original programming this summer, and we saw our most successful on record, one that gave us our very own ‘triple-threat’ — Switched at Birth, The Secret Life of the American Teenager and Pretty Little Liars,” said ABC Family prez Michael Riley. “Joining this group of series will be another season of Make It or Break It, just in time to ignite Olympic fever, and a back-order of The Lying Game. Our momentum continues to grow, and I’m thrilled with the strength of our schedule which includes a great mix of returning favorites, breakout series and what are sure to be new hits.”

Meanwhile, here are descriptions of the three new pilots the network has ordered:

* Bunheads is a one-hour scripted drama from Amy Sherman-Palladino about Michelle, a Las Vegas showgirl, who impulsively marries a man and moves to his sleepy coastal town, and takes an uneasy role at her new mother-in-law’s dance school. “I spent 20 years of my life with my hair in a bun,” said AS-P. “I was supposed to be a dancer. My mother was a dancer. Her greatest heartbreak was when I got on Roseanne. So, while writing this will never equal playing ‘Rumpelteazer’ in a bus and truck tour of Cats, it does let me to tip my hat to a really special time in my life.”

* Intercept is a one-hour technology and action driven drama about a group of college students who get roped into solving crimes when one of them creates a high-tech communication device that intercepts conversations throughout the West Coast. Ray Wright (The Crazies, Case 39, Pulse) penned the script and will exec producer.

* Baby Daddy, a half hour comedy from executive producer Dan Berendsen (The Nine Lives of Chloe King), is about Ben who, in his 20s, becomes a surprise dad to a baby girl when she’s left on his doorstep by an ex-girlfriend. Ben decides to raise the baby with the help of his mother, his brother, his best buddy and his close female friend, who is harboring a secret crush on him.

1. Melrose says:

I’m so happy that MIOBI is returning. Love the show, love the characters and acting. Emily can return or not, she doesn’t make the show for me. The ensemble cast is probably better without her but I do miss her mom, Chloe. She was hilarious and brought a realness to the show.

Sad about Chloe being cancelled but I will live. It definitely started to get more intriguing towards the end so the 2nd season would have been better.

Yay for Switched at Birth returning. Great show and love how they’ve brought deafness front and center. My sister is deaf and they do an excellent job protraying their lifestyle.

I’m over PLL and Secret Life. PLL is like a a never-ending mystery that I wish would end and Secret Life is so unrealistic with the storylines. Sex can not be ALL that these kids think and talk about every episode. GET A LIFE!!!

2. Lylian Francis says:

OMG! Am so excited..I love MIOBI, one of d best shows have seen..pls I need Emily 2 come bac. Doesn’t matter if she had a baby or not. Aslong as she can still do gymnastics. Anyways am beging 2 like kelly parker.

3. Francesca says:

I really love Make it or Break it, I cant wait for the next season, hopefully they will air it in the UK not long after the US gets it. Also UK doesnt get that Chloe show, just another show we have missed out on.

4. Jamai says:

Thank God MIOBI is coming back!!! My whole family loves that show! I also love Secret Life, PLL, and TLG. I couldn’t get into Chloe or Georgia (even though I love Raven). Also, can’t wait for SAB to come back…it’s definitely more entertaining than the original movie!

5. Lindsey says:

I love MIOBI and I loved nine lives! Pretty much love everything on abc! Minus Georgia! BRING BACK NINE LIVES! Please!

6. Lydia says:

I wish Chloe King hadn’t been canceled. It had real potential and the finale was so FRUSTRATING! One more season to wrap things up would have been better. I loved MIOBI, but I was so sure that it was going to be cancelled that I got over it. I thought the season 2 finale was a really satisfying ending so I was okay with that. As much as I love MIOBI, I would have preferred tnlock stayed :( The problem with ratings/TV is that it never really gives a show a chance to get really good and build up a fan base. If you can’t attract enough viewers in the first two weeks you’re pretty much gone.

7. Payson says:

Love MIOBI!!! Payson is my fave she is really stong and we have the same name :)

8. Marcus says:

I love Make It or break it and I’m so excited to see what happens next . Chloe King and the Lying game didn’t grab me. I’m looking forward to Switched at Birth To

9. Linda says:

Baby Daddy = Raising Hope

10. Charne says:

Im glad make it or break it is coming back on i was addicted and also the lying game as well i was addicted but chole king did not get to me neither did state of georgia

11. Jenn says:

I’m glad MIOBI is back beside Switched At Birth its the only two shows I watch on ABC Fam. Secret life is a soap opera for kids and I never got into the rest.

12. Jennifer says:

I love make it or break it. I’m do glad it’s comming back on.

13. cody says:

chloe king was the best series i seen in a very long time and it was cancelled worst thing ever better thenother series they play bring it back had so much potential

14. sfountai says:

Im a former gymnast and absolutely love miobi but I feel like the writers jump around too much I’m glad that Emily is gone she never would have been given that many chanes in real life–so sad about kp I was really loving them actually being friends so annoyed with her mom–writers have beat that horse to death! They have to do something with Lauren–that wouldn’t happen in real life she would have had to go through a whole physical at tc–did I hear the announcer say series finale? I hope not!!!

15. Lajiah says:

this is out of nowhere but if you want to keep this company good ratings don’t cancel good shows it all started with Kyle XY that was one of your big mistakes now your just canceling shows left and right.

16. sandra says:

personally i tot PLL was kinda great… and i am going to miss nine lives,but TLG is cool too… i am a bit slow on updates but…its great.