Scoop: NBC Greenlights Cop Drama Starring Ethan Hawke and Vincent D’Onofrio

Get More: News

In what is sure to become one of this season’s highest-profile drama projects, Ethan Hawke and Vincent D’Onofrio are teaming with Law & Order: Criminal Intent writer-producer Chris Brancato on an hour-long cop drama for NBC.

Brancato conceived the project, titled Blue Tilt, and took it to Hawke and D’Onofrio who helped shape it. The show will star Hawke and D’Onofrio as two seasoned homicide detectives — one married and one divorced — as they solve cases while dealing with their wives/ex-wives and kids.

For more details on this story, head over to TVLine’s sister site Deadline.com.

Comments (37)

• I will watch anything with Vincent D’Onofrio!

Comment by Liz – September 14, 2011 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love Hawke, despise D’Onofrio. I’m out.

Comment by Templar – September 14, 2011 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yay! just what we need. another cop drama! now all we need is another medical soapy drama and a legal drama and we will be soo set! who needs anything creative and new? who needs anything fun and interesting to watch? let’s depress ourselves more by focusing tv on death, crime, illness, and more death! everyone knows that that’s the only way to create drama on tv. everyone knows that people want variations onthe same things that they’ve been watching for years! kudos to NBC for their forward thinking development team!

Comment by jj – September 15, 2011 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hey guess what you moron:
          Life is full of the stuff you mentioned in your comments, so if you don’t like it, don’t watch it!! D’onofrio is just awesome as a police detective, and Law & Order CI was just over the top fantastic!! I personally think that this new cop drama with him and Ethan Hawke is going to be great, but that’s just my opinion……

Comment by Pam – October 12, 2011 12:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here!! Looking forward to this.

Comment by kirads09 – September 15, 2011 04:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oops! This was in reply to Liz’s comment!

Comment by kirads09 – September 15, 2011 04:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me, too. Long time fan.

Comment by Yo – September 15, 2011 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Huge D’Onofrio fan, too. Love him in whatever he does!

Comment by Carol – September 19, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So will I!! Glad there’s other D’onofrio fans out there too!!

Comment by PH – October 12, 2011 12:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whoa!!! This sounds great. I love Vincent…can’t wait to see it!!

Comment by Amy – September 14, 2011 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait.

Comment by dee123 – September 14, 2011 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch this for sure. I love Vincent and Ethan. Sounds like an intriguing combination.

Comment by Karen – September 14, 2011 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like it’s sure to be boss. D’Onofrio is/was one of TV’s best detectives as Bobby Goren, and Ethan Hawke made a good cop in Training Day (yet to see Brooklyn’s Finest). I would check out a show with the two of them.

Comment by Alicia – September 14, 2011 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • D’Onofrio is a beast, but i’m curious how will he manage doing full seasons of this show when he scaled back his Criminal Intent apperances cause he was getting tired! He’s not getting any younger but i still hope this show succeeds!!

Comment by Charlie Sheen – September 14, 2011 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • D’Onofrio and Hawke are great but the premise for the show is rather dull. Cops solving cases while dealing with their personal lives? I think that’s been done quite a few times before.

Comment by Dean – September 14, 2011 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is bare bones detail, too soon to jump to judgment on the plot.
    But Ethan Hawke and VdO working together on what sounds like a more character-driven procedural. It’ll be added to my (already large) list of what I watch.

Comment by greenlee – September 14, 2011 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amo VDO, mas o que eu amava em Bobby Goren por sua personalidade era que ele usava sua inteligência e jamais força bruta ou abuso policial. Ele era integro e incapaz de compactuar com o crime.Tenho medo que nesse novo personagem ele seja o oposto de Goren, pois pelo que sei,por ser um excelente ator, ele não repetiria um personagem.Odeio séries policiais que abusam da violência e foi justamente isso que me atraiu em Criminal Intent,mais inteligência, menos sanguinolência.

Comment by sell – September 14, 2011 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sure it goes without saying that many would like Erbe play D’Onofrio’s wife or ex-wife, whatever the case may be for his character.

Comment by Michael Sacal – September 14, 2011 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the same thing.

Comment by Jax – September 15, 2011 04:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They might as well make this a spin off of Criminal Intent.

Comment by Michael Sacal – September 15, 2011 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh, I SSOO wish!!!! please, please, please, please please??!!!!

Comment by ef – September 15, 2011 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happened with Exit Strategy?

Comment by Spyder23 – September 15, 2011 02:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fox declined to pick it up.

Comment by Slacker101 – September 15, 2011 02:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • D’Onfrio is a great actor, but I don’t “like” him. And Ethan Hawke sucks. Plus the show sounds like the SOS they’ve been doing for decades. It doesn’t sound as if there’s anything interesting about it.

Comment by satirex – September 15, 2011 05:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait. Vincent D’Onofrio is without a doubt one of the finest, most talented actors alive. Bobby Goren is a legend and his movies speak volumes to the man’s incredible ability.

Comment by Judy – September 15, 2011 05:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love both of them and will definately tune in…only problem is Vincent will forever be Bobby Goran to me!!

Comment by Kat – September 15, 2011 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Strange that D’Onofrio would go right back to playing a cop. He’s a great actor, but wouldn’t he be looking for a new challenge? I know it’s a different character, I guess we’ll have to wait to see how different.

Comment by Cloudy Knight – September 15, 2011 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would watch Vincent D’Onofrio read the phone book. Love him.

Comment by Kristin – September 15, 2011 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kristin: That’s my line.

Comment by vikeau – September 15, 2011 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i will be curious to see if d’onofrio can make the character fresh or if it will be gorem 2.0…really don’t care either way…i will watch

Comment by shelly – September 15, 2011 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad. I LOVE d’Onofrio. I really miss CI. Hope this program is half as good…..

Comment by Cheryl Stovall – September 15, 2011 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • D’Onofrio is the most inventive of actors when it comes to character portrayal. I’m sure he will make this character unique and interesting and totally unlike Bobby Goren. I’ll watch anything he is in.

Comment by CatzNip – September 15, 2011 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t even care what this is about. Watching it for Vincent D’Onofrio for sure! Without Law and Order, LA, or Criminal intent, I need some more good cop drama!

Comment by mars – September 15, 2011 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Vincent, but if he’s not playing Bobby Goren, I think this show might not make it because it is too soon after the demise of L&O:CI for fans to watch it. Especially if he’s not playing Bobby. Love Ethan Hawke too. HOPE THIS SHOW makes it.

Comment by Pennagirl – September 16, 2011 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With Vincent D’Onofrio’s attention to detail and emotional draw to his audience and Ethan Hawke’s ability to relate to everyday realities with heart and soul this will be one to see. I love Vincent and will look forward to his adventure.

Comment by celestialb – September 18, 2011 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will watch anything with Vincent in it. It was sad to see Criminal Intent end but as they say when one door closes another will open. I look forward to seeing the new show.

Comment by nelbel1222 – September 20, 2011 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope they put this show on because I love Vincent D’Onofrio and I miss Criminal Intent.

Comment by Jenn – November 24, 2011 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post