Scoop: NBC Greenlights Cop Drama Starring Ethan Hawke and Vincent D’Onofrio

In what is sure to become one of this season’s highest-profile drama projects, Ethan Hawke and Vincent D’Onofrio are teaming with Law & Order: Criminal Intent writer-producer Chris Brancato on an hour-long cop drama for NBC.

Brancato conceived the project, titled Blue Tilt, and took it to Hawke and D’Onofrio who helped shape it. The show will star Hawke and D’Onofrio as two seasoned homicide detectives — one married and one divorced — as they solve cases while dealing with their wives/ex-wives and kids.

For more details on this story, head over to TVLine’s sister site Deadline.com.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: News

1. Liz says:

I will watch anything with Vincent D’Onofrio!

• Templar says:

Love Hawke, despise D’Onofrio. I’m out.

• jj says:

yay! just what we need. another cop drama! now all we need is another medical soapy drama and a legal drama and we will be soo set! who needs anything creative and new? who needs anything fun and interesting to watch? let’s depress ourselves more by focusing tv on death, crime, illness, and more death! everyone knows that that’s the only way to create drama on tv. everyone knows that people want variations onthe same things that they’ve been watching for years! kudos to NBC for their forward thinking development team!

• Pam says:

Hey guess what you moron:
          Life is full of the stuff you mentioned in your comments, so if you don’t like it, don’t watch it!! D’onofrio is just awesome as a police detective, and Law & Order CI was just over the top fantastic!! I personally think that this new cop drama with him and Ethan Hawke is going to be great, but that’s just my opinion……

• kirads09 says:

Same here!! Looking forward to this.

• Yo says:

Me, too. Long time fan.

• Carol says:

Huge D’Onofrio fan, too. Love him in whatever he does!

• PH says:

So will I!! Glad there’s other D’onofrio fans out there too!!

2. Amy says:

Whoa!!! This sounds great. I love Vincent…can’t wait to see it!!

3. dee123 says:

Can’t wait.

4. Karen says:

I’ll watch this for sure. I love Vincent and Ethan. Sounds like an intriguing combination.

5. Alicia says:

Sounds like it’s sure to be boss. D’Onofrio is/was one of TV’s best detectives as Bobby Goren, and Ethan Hawke made a good cop in Training Day (yet to see Brooklyn’s Finest). I would check out a show with the two of them.

6. Charlie Sheen says:

D’Onofrio is a beast, but i’m curious how will he manage doing full seasons of this show when he scaled back his Criminal Intent apperances cause he was getting tired! He’s not getting any younger but i still hope this show succeeds!!

7. Dean says:

D’Onofrio and Hawke are great but the premise for the show is rather dull. Cops solving cases while dealing with their personal lives? I think that’s been done quite a few times before.

8. greenlee says:

This is bare bones detail, too soon to jump to judgment on the plot.
    But Ethan Hawke and VdO working together on what sounds like a more character-driven procedural. It’ll be added to my (already large) list of what I watch.

9. sell says:

Amo VDO, mas o que eu amava em Bobby Goren por sua personalidade era que ele usava sua inteligência e jamais força bruta ou abuso policial. Ele era integro e incapaz de compactuar com o crime.Tenho medo que nesse novo personagem ele seja o oposto de Goren, pois pelo que sei,por ser um excelente ator, ele não repetiria um personagem.Odeio séries policiais que abusam da violência e foi justamente isso que me atraiu em Criminal Intent,mais inteligência, menos sanguinolência.

10. Michael Sacal says:

I’m sure it goes without saying that many would like Erbe play D’Onofrio’s wife or ex-wife, whatever the case may be for his character.

11. Spyder23 says:

What happened with Exit Strategy?

12. satirex says:

D’Onfrio is a great actor, but I don’t “like” him. And Ethan Hawke sucks. Plus the show sounds like the SOS they’ve been doing for decades. It doesn’t sound as if there’s anything interesting about it.

13. Judy says:

Can’t wait. Vincent D’Onofrio is without a doubt one of the finest, most talented actors alive. Bobby Goren is a legend and his movies speak volumes to the man’s incredible ability.

14. Kat says:

Love both of them and will definately tune in…only problem is Vincent will forever be Bobby Goran to me!!

15. Cloudy Knight says:

Strange that D’Onofrio would go right back to playing a cop. He’s a great actor, but wouldn’t he be looking for a new challenge? I know it’s a different character, I guess we’ll have to wait to see how different.

16. Kristin says:

I would watch Vincent D’Onofrio read the phone book. Love him.

17. shelly says:

i will be curious to see if d’onofrio can make the character fresh or if it will be gorem 2.0…really don’t care either way…i will watch

18. Cheryl Stovall says:

I’m so glad. I LOVE d’Onofrio. I really miss CI. Hope this program is half as good…..

19. CatzNip says:

D’Onofrio is the most inventive of actors when it comes to character portrayal. I’m sure he will make this character unique and interesting and totally unlike Bobby Goren. I’ll watch anything he is in.

20. mars says:

I don’t even care what this is about. Watching it for Vincent D’Onofrio for sure! Without Law and Order, LA, or Criminal intent, I need some more good cop drama!

21. Pennagirl says:

I love Vincent, but if he’s not playing Bobby Goren, I think this show might not make it because it is too soon after the demise of L&O:CI for fans to watch it. Especially if he’s not playing Bobby. Love Ethan Hawke too. HOPE THIS SHOW makes it.

22. celestialb says:

With Vincent D’Onofrio’s attention to detail and emotional draw to his audience and Ethan Hawke’s ability to relate to everyday realities with heart and soul this will be one to see. I love Vincent and will look forward to his adventure.

23. nelbel1222 says:

I will watch anything with Vincent in it. It was sad to see Criminal Intent end but as they say when one door closes another will open. I look forward to seeing the new show.

24. Jenn says:

I really hope they put this show on because I love Vincent D’Onofrio and I miss Criminal Intent.