Fall TV Preview

How I Met Your Mother Preview: Barney and Robin Get Their 'Groove' On

Put on your dancing shoes! CBS’ How I Met Your Mother is showing off its moves once again during the Season 7 premiere, and we’ve got a video sneak peek.

In the first of two back-to-back episodes airing next Monday starting at 8/7c, Barney and Robin hit the dance floor at Punchy’s wedding. What leads the one-time lovers to perform a hot ‘n’ heavy number — have you seen the pictures?! — in front of everyone?

“It’s an argument about how Robin doesn’t realize what great chemistry [she and Barney] have,” reveals Cobie Smulders. “A song comes on at a wedding, and this huge dance number happens. It takes them both by surprise.”

HIMYM: Neil Patrick Harris, Cobie Smulders Preview Barney and Robin’s New Love Square

The moment might come as shock, but the fact that it’s — cue Barney voice — awesome is not. “Robin and Barney’s song-and-dance is out of this world,” raves co-star Jason Segel. “I had the pleasure of watching them film it. It’s extraordinary.”

Check out a preview below and then tell us what you think of Barney and Robin’s mad moves.

Comments (27)

• Damn, that is one infectious video.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – September 14, 2011 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t see the video here, but I could see it at Watch With Kristin… just saying :)

Comment by Michael Sacal – September 14, 2011 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That SO made my day.

Comment by krisq – September 14, 2011 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where’s the video?

Comment by sq – September 14, 2011 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Swarkles! They were very good – especially – Neil Patrick Harris.

Comment by Amy – September 14, 2011 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, NPH and CS did a fabulous job with that dance sequence! :-) They have fabulous chemistry together.

Comment by Wendy – September 14, 2011 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know that I’ve ever been more excited for a Monday to get here.

Comment by Sg. Grant – September 14, 2011 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Neil Patrick Harris ever decides to join “Dancing with the Stars,” they should just hand him the mirror ball at the start of the first show. He’d be unbeatable!

Comment by Kay – September 14, 2011 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

I think this is the video. For those who can’t watch the one above.

Comment by Amely – September 14, 2011 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If this show doesn’t have Barney marrying her but instead marrying some girl no one cares about, EPIC FAIl!

Comment by Katie – September 14, 2011 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Come on. You know Barney and Robin are getting married.

And Ted is going to meet Barney’s half sister Carly at the wedding, and he will end up with her.

So Aunt Robin and Uncle Barney really are aunt and uncle.

Comment by Sg. Grant – September 14, 2011 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If this happens, and I really hope it does, then the writers of this show would truly be awesome. I don’t care if it’s predictable. I’d rather they go this route than try to trick loyal viewers to come up with a big ending that makes no sense…ala Lost.

Comment by Ann – September 15, 2011 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • This theory of mine has gone from being out on a limb to looking more and more like a real possibility.

Comment by Sg. Grant – September 15, 2011 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I AGREE!!!!!

Comment by Heather – September 19, 2011 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love NPH but he is the gayest thing since GLEE.I love the cast but i hate this.They keep dragging this show out.I wish they would Man up and pick an end date so we can know there is an actual plan…

Comment by NickC – September 14, 2011 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah they already picked an end date. they announced it like a year ago. and for the record nph is nothing less than awesome.

Comment by murley – September 14, 2011 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well, it’s not officially an end date, but all signs seem to point to it. Two season pickup. Series going into “endgame” mode. It’s ending next year. Count on it.

Comment by John – September 14, 2011 10:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s awesome! :D Can’t wait to watch it in the episode on Monday. Barney and Robin are perfect together.

Comment by SK – September 15, 2011 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I must say; girl has legs!

Comment by Kaibosh – September 15, 2011 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is there anything Neil Patrick Harris can’t do? He’s got more talent than the Glee cast combined.

Comment by Cloudy Knight – September 15, 2011 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They belong to each other.. and Cobbie i want your legs!

Comment by July – September 15, 2011 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ever since the promo pics for this scene came out, I knew it was going to remind me of the Niles and Daphne tango scene and it didn’t disappoint. Awesome!

Comment by wooster182 – September 15, 2011 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You guys can view the three sneak peeks released for the first episode on my youtube channel. Click my name for the link.

Comment by Babar Suhail – September 16, 2011 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post