Sarah Michelle Gellar returns to ABC’s almost-over All My Children on Wednesday, Sept. 21, and her mysterious role has finally been revealed. The Buffy vet will play a “delusional” patient at Pine Valley Hospital who thinks she’s Erica Kane’s daughter! How perfect is that for the original Kendall Hart? TV Guide Magazine has an exclusive first look photo at the Ringer star’s buzzy guest spot, and AOL TV has the actual video.
All My Children‘s run on ABC ends Friday, Sept. 23.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Charlie’s Angels vet Cheryl Ladd will appear in an October episode of CBS’ NCIS as a love interest for David McCallum’s Ducky, per EW.com. The ninth season of the crime drama debuts Sept. 20.
• It’s official: Jim Belushi is headed back to ABC. Per Deadline, the network has closed a deal with the According to Jim star to headline a multi-cam comedy about a co-dependent father and his teenage daughter.
• ABC is staying in business with Shonda Rhimes (Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice). The network has picked up a new legal drama from the primetime queen, which centers on a young defense attorney who starts his own firm after being fired from a high-powered position.
• Fox has purchased a dramedy pilot from Ugly Betty producer Silvio Horta and Jennifer Lopez about “three [Latino] sisters and their interlinked lives,” according to Deadline.
• Scrubs/Cougar Town creator Bill Lawrence has sold his second project of the development season, per Deadline. The single-cam father-son pilot has landed at Fox.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?