Ringer In Review: What Did You Think of Gellar's TV Return? Plus: What's Next!

Sarah Michelle Gellar, Nestor Carbonell and Kristoffer Polaha, among others, returned to our TVs on Tuesday night in The CW’s Ringer, after a summer of buzz surrounding their “double trouble” thriller. But now the big question: Did Ringer live up to the hype?

We want to know your thoughts on SMG’s new series — the one that is most definitely not Buffy. But before you make up your mind, TVLine has some scoop from the stars on what’s ahead on Ringer – and some of it might surprise you.

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Veronica Mars Alum Jason Dohring’s Ringer Role

“They’re going to slow things down after the pilot, which had so much going on,” says Mike Colter, who plays Bridget’s NA sponsor, Malcolm. “Things will be developed and answered at a new pace.”

Adds Nestor Carbonell, “Following the pilot, they’ve been able to get into more detail and you get to breathe — especially in the second episode. It’s sort of Hitchcockian, because it’s all about how we’re dealing with the very end of the pilot… and that body.”

Ringer, DWTS, NCIS: LA, New Girl or Biggest Loser: What Will You Watch Tuesdays at 9?

Another important note about what’s ahead: You will learn to love Polaha’s “other man,” Henry.

“He is redeemed in Episode 6,” the Life Unexpected alum promises. “When I signed on for this series, I knew it was going to be a slow burn — especially for Henry. Moving forward you get these glimpses of Henry and you wonder who he is and what he’s about, and then it starts to unfold and you realize just how significant he is in Siobhan’s life.”

“They have very smartly gone down every road for these characters,” Polaha adds enthusiastically. “There are a lot of flashbacks, and it’s juicy and good.”

One more scooplet: Did you happen to notice the birthdate when they showed a close-up of Siobhan’s driver’s license? That was no slap-dash prop. A big day is approaching for someone — or make that two someones. And series EP Eric Charmelo assures us that Siobhan’s birthday will be the focus of a fall episode.

Now, back to you: Was Ringer everything you’d hoped it would be? Will you keep tuning in? Take our poll below, and then hit the comments with the rest of your reactions.

Comments (152)

• There wasn’t a lot to hold me in the pilot. But there are some things there that might have me going back for a few more episodes. I’m glad she’s back on television, and this is something CW does need.

Comment by Esaul – September 13, 2011 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There wasn’t a lot to hold you in this pilot?!? What show were you watching? Twists and turns and SMG, what more could you want?? Plus SMG played two very different characters to perfection. But to each his own.

Comment by Rob – September 13, 2011 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sarah is amazing. I love her to pieces. But I expected more from it, especially in the pilot. I found a lot of it predictable. One twin is running from her life, something happens to the other, they switch places. And I figured that Siobhan was still alive too, though that was already a given with the show’s premise. And with Gemma’s husband, figured he was having the affair with Siobhan and that her husband ain’t all that perfect either. It just didn’t appeal to me as it should, like I wanted to. But I don’t watch much Monday nights, so I will give it a few more gos.

Comment by Esaul – September 13, 2011 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Today is Tuesday.

Comment by Saracen Riggins – September 13, 2011 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Oh. Right. I knew that. Let’s try that again and say I have nothing on Tuesdays. Which is what I meant. ^_^’

Comment by Esaul – September 13, 2011 07:19 PM PDT
        • I must agree. I like SMG a lot but the pilot was very predictable and there was little mystery. I didn’t quite expect Siobhan to be alive (but I wasn’t blown away like I was by the end of the Nikita pilot) but nothing about it really intrigued me. I’ll watch it next week and if I don’t care by then, I’m giving up.

Comment by Captain – September 13, 2011 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • What I realized long ago is that it’s basically impossible to jump into someones life.Even if you watched them for 5 years you’d be missing intimate details and knowledge.

Comment by shaun – September 13, 2011 09:16 PM PDT
        • Agreed. I did not have high hopes for it to begin with, but I found myself bored within the first 10-15 minutes. I did not end up watching the entire pilot, and have removed it from my dvr series record.

Comment by XK – September 14, 2011 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • it was just an ok pilot. a bit muddled and… overambitious? i think the critics overhyped it and that’s why some people are disappointed. I think the DP or whoever was responsible for the boat scene needs to go back to film school bc it was ridiculous. i think the show has potential, though, so i’m not going to poo poo it completely based on the pilot. given time to find it’s rhythm, i think it might prove to be quite enjoyable. great cast, interesting premise, i’m optimistic. we’ll see!

Comment by jj – September 14, 2011 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I’m with JJ, completely. This is how I felt about the pilot.
            It has flaws for sure, but the media has also over-hyped it so much much, they probably stuck out.
            I see potential in Ringer in spite of everything, though. As a fan of the cast and intrigued by the premise, I’m willing to give Ringer an allowance to find its footing. No need to be quick to judge. It could develop into a guilty-pleasure show.

Comment by Aiden – September 15, 2011 03:23 AM PDT
          • I thought the boat scene was deliberate — a nod to old film noir in which scenes like that always looked artificial and sound stage-y.

Comment by MichelleR – September 15, 2011 04:09 AM PDT
      • Wow, Hitler much? People are allowed their opinions, Rob. If you can’t accept that, kindly take yours and shove it where the sun don’t shine :) I”ve actually never been a fan of Gellar or her acting but I do like Polaha so will catch the pilot when I get the chance.

Comment by Ella – September 13, 2011 11:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Wow! Did you even read his comment. That was a little uncalled for calling him Hitler. Not once did he say the person was stupid or in anyway cut the person down. He even said at the end “but to each his own”. Which is saying everyone has thier own opinion. Now it looks like your the one judging someone for thier opinion.

Comment by Dave – September 14, 2011 05:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I have to agree ….. Hitler & Bin Laden should be never used in reference for someone who has an opinion you don’t agree with. Makes me sick even thinking of those monsters.

Comment by Scott – September 14, 2011 06:10 AM PDT
        • Yeah. I didn’t mind his opinion really. I love having these kind of well-thought out conversations too. Makes television more fun for me.

Comment by Esaul – September 14, 2011 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well how ironic that you’re comment actually applies to you more than the person you intended it for. He has his preference, you have your preference, as each and every one of us do. Let’s just share it with each other without calling each other mass murderers’ names, shall we?

Comment by Aiden – September 15, 2011 03:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m wit you, I’m totally hooked. I was holding my breath because I wasn’t entirely sure about the premise, especially since I’m an identical twin myself and know it would be very difficult to pop into my sister’s life, but I really liked this noir soapy sudser and can’t wait to see what happens next week.

Comment by Shellie – September 14, 2011 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Too many confusing/weird/unexplained things (is this Ringer or Unforgettable? Cause Bridget seems to know a LOT about Siobhan’s life, after just a short(ened) boat ride with her, after even 5 years being separated), and too much stuff to make the show catching, so to speak.
        So yeah, I have to agree with Esaul – for now, I’m not too excited about it, but I might give it a chance. And it doesn’t have much time, since I’m looking forward to New Girl and Unforgettable, plus the return of Glee, all next tuesday. Maybe next wednesday, since I only have moderate expectations for Free Agents, and nothing else on wednesdays.

Comment by Delirious – September 14, 2011 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, twists and turns that are surprising if you’ve never watched tv before in your life. The show needs to find something new to do with this idea or I’m going to be done with it in a few more eps.

Comment by KevyB – September 14, 2011 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have to agree. I can see why it wasn’t initially picked up by the other network. Not sure it has what it takes, but I usually don’t judge a show too harshly by its pilot, so I’ll give it another episode or two. We’ll see.

Comment by Gary – September 14, 2011 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the show minus the CW music blaring every five seconds

Comment by Lee – September 13, 2011 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree! The music was very distracting and out of place in many of the scenes.

Comment by Dana – September 14, 2011 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll give this an episode o two more, but it really didn’t … click … with me

Comment by Scott – September 13, 2011 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it sucked. She sucks too

Comment by aly – September 13, 2011 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you for such a thoughtful and articulate comment. You must have spent hours on it. Well done!

Comment by JC – September 13, 2011 10:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show and can’t wait for it to all unfold.

Comment by Erin Capuano – September 13, 2011 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Started of slow was a nervous that the casual/non Buffy fans would switch channels. Then the shocking reveals started dropping!! It ended on the perfect notes can’t wait next week

Comment by Kathryn – September 13, 2011 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There was just enough mystery in the pilot to keep me coming back for more. I’m looking forward to seeing how the characters will develop over the next few episodes. I’ll definitely watch long enough to see Jason Dohring’s return to television!

Comment by Noeladd – September 13, 2011 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I tuned in for SMG this week and I will be tuning out next week because the show was a mess. I understand SMG returning to TV is a big deal(heck, it’s the reason why I watched) but that was the only thing the show had going for it. Ringer was over-hyped.

Comment by Vanessa – September 13, 2011 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s funny to me that Colter says things are going to slow down after that busy pilot, because I was sitting there bored out of my mind, wondering when something was actually going to happen. Terrible pilot, but I’ll stick around to see if it picks up.

Comment by Alyson – September 13, 2011 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s exactly what I thought! There was nothing really exciting about it and stuff that could have been exciting (the murder, the suicide…) was really poorly done. If it’s going to be SLOWER than the pilot, I’m never watching.

Comment by Captain – September 13, 2011 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • my thoughts exactly!

Comment by ash – September 13, 2011 10:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here! Just about all of the “twists” were expected–the perfect rich girl’s life is not so perfect! She’s not actually dead (duh, no body)! The part about someone being out to kill Siobhan would’ve been a good twist if everything about the promos and hype didn’t make it obvious.

And SMG is much more capable than these two lifeless characters. One is a cold-shouldered bitch and one is boring and without personality.

Comment by Katie – September 14, 2011 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I felt like it was boring because all of the stuff the was happening was exposition, which is what a pilot episode is supposed to be. I am giving it a couple more weeks before I pass judgement. I didn’t like seeing SMG playing some kind of weak and whiny girl though.

Comment by Viv – September 14, 2011 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There was nothing on this first episode that really hooked me into the show. I cant recommend the show with enthusiasm yet. It was alright and I will continue watching. The ending of the episode was pretty good, tho. Those special effects… especially the ones used when they were on the boat. They were SYFY movie of the week bad. bad. bad. bad. Im dreading any future twin-scenes cuz i just cant get past the FX.

Comment by Paco – September 13, 2011 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the same thing – it’s 2011 – come on! Those FX STUNK!

Comment by BT – September 13, 2011 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the same thing about the boat effects. This is really bad, but is that standard for the CW network? I don’t know, but it did lower the quality of the show for me. It’s interesting, but I’ll watch next week to see if it brings more to the table.

Comment by tina – September 14, 2011 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank You! I was shocked that everyone was hailing the show as some kind of wonderful – but as much I might warm up to it eventually(and I will be tuning in next week to see where this is going) the visual effects during the boat segment were downright laughably bad! SMG is definitely not the greatest actress ever either (trying to be as nice as I can with that last comment).

Comment by davey – September 14, 2011 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree that she is not the best actress ever. Not that there is anything wrong with it, and there are tons of other bad ones out there. I just always feel like she is a little soap opera-ish and I am waiting for a dramatic pause and then somebody to segue into amnesia…or something equally “gasp-worthy” and ridiculous.

Comment by diana – September 14, 2011 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the same thing about the boat scene. SYFY Movie of the Week bad is really the perfect way to describe it.

Comment by E – September 14, 2011 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not bad! I missed SMG on Tuesday. There was a lot there to sink your teeth into, which was my concern, but glad to hear they are going to slow it down and take their time with it. Hopefully it will be awesome.

Comment by Danielle – September 13, 2011 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not the most spectacular episode, but with this cast I feel like that’s going to turn around. I think that it just needs a little more time to develop. Definitely has the potential to be addicting.

Comment by Mia – September 13, 2011 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you. Didn’t blow me out of the water or anything, but pilots never usually do. I have faith that it’ll pick up, though. I’m really curious as to how they’re going to play out these storylines.

Comment by E – September 14, 2011 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m definitely interested in watching more. I liked it.
    It was very film noir-ish and I like that so it has me intrigued, and I love SMG.

Comment by Wendy – September 13, 2011 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sad to say, most people don’t have enough taste to appreciate film noir. I thought it gave Ringer an incredible tone, and that last shot with her touching the mirrored wall was fantastic. I’m hoping more people start appreciating it for what it is.

Comment by Kayla – September 14, 2011 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. I noticed that they used a lot of mirrors in the episode. I thought it was interesting and different enough that I’ll definitely continue to tune in. SMG was great and Kristoffer Polaha is hot :). I think you have to give a show 2 or 3 episodes before you can really judge, anyway. Pilots are always rough. It’s not easy to set the right tone and grab everyone’s attention, while setting up the plot and introducing the characters.

Comment by Carrie – September 15, 2011 01:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly a little underwhelmed, but not so much so that I won’t give it a few more episodes. Especially for the arrival of Jason Dohring ;)

Comment by Saracen Riggins – September 13, 2011 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just butting in here to give you props on your “name.” Another FNL fan—YES! XD

Comment by A – September 13, 2011 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly my thoughts! lol Can’t wait for Jason!

All in all, this pilot kind of was all over the place for me… I understand they are setting things up for the next episodes, though. I will keep watching, and hope we get something more exciting and answers in the upcoming weeks.

Comment by Daphne – September 14, 2011 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why isn’t anybody just whelmed?

Comment by Why – September 14, 2011 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved it!

Comment by cat – September 13, 2011 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought it was neat. It will be interesting to see whether or not Bridget decides to fully embrace being Siobhan (i.e. manipulative and callous), because already two of the men in her life think she’s acting strangely by being too nice. I’m hooked and waiting for more. Great to have SMG back again.

Comment by Mark – September 13, 2011 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As a fan of her’s I was excited. It started slow and confusing, but picked up in the second half. I thought the sister died. Now I’m interested if the she’s trying to have her sister killed. The pregnancy was unexpected. I definitely enjoyed it and will be turning in next week.

Welcome back Sarah

Comment by Sarah – September 13, 2011 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved it, I will watch every week, yes it looked cheap and yes it was very confusing but I loved it, I think the acting is great and there are great twist.The CW has me suck in it.

Comment by fernando – September 13, 2011 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh give me a break why do you people even watch television then? what did you expect? yeah it was a bit slow and predictable on parts but overall imo it has lots of potential to improve plus you have all these fantastic actors. I liked it a lot and will give it a chance and hope it does well enough.

Comment by samantha – September 13, 2011 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved it I already have my DVR set for next week.

Comment by bina – September 13, 2011 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty interesting, mysterious. Enough hints and mysteries to keep me coming back for more.

Comment by Allie – September 13, 2011 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really enjoyed it. Lots of confusing stuff going but I am interested to see what happens next.

Comment by Jennifer – September 13, 2011 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish the trailers hadn’t given away so much of the episode and I believe that is why I feel a bit underwhelmed. That being said the cast is excellent and having SMG back is more than enough for me. I am anxious to see how the story develops and can’t wait for more!

Comment by Bradley – September 13, 2011 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, the trailers gave away so many of the plot points that I felt like I had already watched most of the episode. The only thing I didn’t know about was Siobhan’s pregnancy. I’m looking forward to the next episode because I haven’t seen any previews. I want to be surprised.

Comment by Carrie – September 15, 2011 01:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I didn’t see any trailers. Maybe that is why I liked it? I guess I need to make sure I avoid them going forward.

Comment by MAS – September 16, 2011 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Sarah Michelle Gellar too people. But come on. The pilot was not good. That’s not to say, it won’t get better. But the pilot was mediocre at best.

Comment by jordan – September 13, 2011 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I…liked it. It was the one show I was really looked forward to and I did enjoy it and will def. DVR it, but as of right now, I don’t know if it will bet the show that I’m looking forward to all week. Some of the graphics or whatever were so fake looking it was difficult to watch and take seriously. It def. had a dark feel..I don’t know if it needs to “slow down” as the actors are saying, because it felt kind of slow to me..lots of info but not enough in a a manner that kept me hooked the whole hour.

Comment by Tori – September 13, 2011 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The CW is already marketing the show as a new hit series. Loved it, but they are jumping the gun… It hasn’t even aired on the west coast.

Comment by Rolfe – September 13, 2011 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not a Buffy fan, but tuned in to see what it was all about since it seems like a show for actual adults and not teenagers (or whoever The CW thinks their audience is).

I thought it was ok. Like others, I found some of the “twists” too predictable. I knew Siobhan was going to do what she did. I also had a feeling that Siobhan was betraying her best friend, Gemma, and I put two and two together before Henry said anything.

About thirty minutes in, I knew Siobhan was still alive. I was just hoping that it wasn’t Bridget at the AA meeting towards the end, as I would’ve found it more compelling if both of them had switched places.

The ending didn’t “shock” me, it just left me in a sense of confusion which is totally different. However, it brought up a lot of questions. I will probably watch next week, but I’m not expecting any fast answers.

Comment by Andrew – September 13, 2011 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This should have been paired up with Nikita rather than 90210

Comment by Lee – September 13, 2011 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree!!

Comment by Marie – September 13, 2011 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • im intrigued by the mystery plot and while there are a lot of cliches out there in regards to assuming someone else’s identity i thought it was done well here. it wasn’t slap stick but rather quite natural and subdued. and based on the hype and the articles i’ve read on TVLine i expect this to further deapen the mysteries and intrigue. i will admit though that the special effects were pretty horrific. it was humorous to me. but SMG is so polarizing it was easy to get caught up in her performance.

Comment by couscous – September 13, 2011 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show could use some fine tuning. It has the elements needed to be pretty interesting, now they just need to pull it together and adjust some of the stylistic stuff. The greenscreening was distracting. It had a somewhat Hitchcockian style to it, sure, but it detracted from the plot that was unfolding, especially on the boat. It seemed like they went too far with the blurring because they weren’t sure about having both of them on screen at the same time, but it’s been done well on many other shows, so they should calm down and go at a more natural look.

I don’t know if I’d call it noir… visually, I don’t know that it was in that style. The plot may unfold in a noirish way, so we’ll see.

It will be interesting to see where they settle into with the show. The pilot showed the potential, which is its job. Now we have to get into a groove and really sell it. They have a great cast, so it’s all on the writers and the production crew.

Comment by Kyle Andrews – September 13, 2011 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was almost exactly what I expected. Good enough to keep me engaged though. Pilots’ are generally messy so I think it will get better. I liked the style & overall feel of the show. I’ll tune in for the next few weeks & see where it goes before I make any lasting judgments.

Comment by Kristin – September 13, 2011 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I voted for loved it, although my enthusiasm isn’t exactly love so far. It was enjoyable enough and I’m very interested in what happens next. I’ll stick with it for at least the first season because it’s very promising, despite rushing through so many events in the pilot. When the show slows down, we’ll get to really know these people and maybe they’ll have time for some punchy dialogue too.

As someone else mentioned, they really need to tone down the soundtrack, especially if it’s not a montage we’re seeing. Sarah Michelle Gellar’s great performance would have been so much more prominent if they didn’t feel the need to blare whatever pop hits they’re trying to sell.

Comment by TigerNightmare – September 13, 2011 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They aren’t pop hits. The CW uses mostly unknown, indie bands on their shows’ soundtracks.

Comment by Sivat – September 13, 2011 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked this show the first time when it was called The Lying Game

Comment by JAson – September 13, 2011 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha! I actually came here to write that same thing.

Comment by sm – September 14, 2011 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked it a lot! The show was very intriguing…very SOAPY, which I loved! It’s not up to Buffy’s quality so I can only give it a B+…but it left me excited to see the next episode, which any good pilot should do.

Comment by Sivat – September 13, 2011 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The trailers/promos gave it all away so the pilot was very slow. This was one of the few shows I had been looking forward to and especially SMG’s return. The FX were god awful – Buffy’s first season puts this show to shame. Can’t CW do better than that? I’m hoping it gets better. Too many story lines – Henry affair, Stripper murder, where is Bridget, Killer for Bridget, Sponsor possible love, Juliet and boarding school, Pregnancy, the order to kill Sibohan, Sibohan in Paris, Bridget posing as Sibohan….did I miss any?

Comment by Christy – September 13, 2011 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bridget somehow killed Siobhan’s son, which caused their estrangement in the first place. I’m thinking Siobhan isn’t as forgiving as she said she was.

Comment by TigerNightmare – September 13, 2011 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The pilot was slow? LOL, no. You say it was slow, then you say it had too many story lines. If it had too many stories, then it wasn’t slow. You just couldn’t keep up with what was going on.

Comment by Hannah – September 13, 2011 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually am a cautionary CW fan, I watch their shows according to how the pilots seem to be which is not the best way to find good shows, however that is my method. At 10:01 I was upset that the pilot did not live up to my standards, however throughout the next hour I realized how much just went on and how many cliff hangers there are. I am looking forward to the show, not because I loved it so much (ala special effects), but because for some reason it is pulling me in until I figure out exactly what is going on.

That is what i think Drama at it’s best is supposed to do, not be reliant on special effects yet the writing and concept which in retrospect were pretty interesting and complex.

Comment by CWtvWATCH – September 13, 2011 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved it! Could be my new fav show of the season!

Comment by Jared – September 13, 2011 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If this was a CBS or NBC show it would be cancelled before episode 5. they will do a full season run and not bring it back. SMG has oen more chance then back to the soaps.

Comment by ewj – September 13, 2011 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Since she’s had success in both prime time and films, I seriously doubt she’d have to resort to going back to soaps. They’ll all probably be cancelled soon, anyway. SMG is way too talented and it’s much too early to predict this show’s failure.

Comment by Carrie – September 15, 2011 01:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was quite intrigued by the pilot and I want to know more. It was nicely film-noirish. The men all seem pretty cool, except “Henry”. It was pretty different from the usual CW show, which is a bonus! I am definitely tuning in next week.

Comment by Kay – September 13, 2011 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVED it!!! Can’t wait til next week!!! Sarah is great in everything she does! Feels like home again!!! Excited for Tuesdays once again!!!

Comment by Rebecca – September 13, 2011 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The effects were terrible and there was way too much going on. You have to explain at least half of what’s going on to the audience. I’ll give it a few more episodes though. The acting wasn’t half bad though; SMG, who I really wasn’t a huge fan of, actually was pretty decent to me. Like her better as Siobhan though (not fake Siobhan, but the real one).
    I guarantee Siobhan is connected to the murderer that was on trial in the first place.
    BTW.. the agent is TOTALLY sexy. Let’s explore him more, shall we? Lol

Comment by Danielle H. – September 13, 2011 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really enjoyed this first episode; it wasn’t boring at all, and it was actually very easy to follow, as long as you catch on to which sister is which at the very beginning scenes.

Comment by uhyeahright – September 13, 2011 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • On the poll, wouldn’t F be “Epic Fail” and not just “Fail”? ;-)
    I gave it an A.

Comment by uhyeahright – September 13, 2011 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I understand what they mean by slowing down. It was so broken up at times that they just moved from scene to scene without a transition. I get it. Overall, I was a bit disappointed with the direction, especially the music direction. Most of these scenes had extreme potential to be suspenseful and dramatic but they played indie pop over them and that didn’t do anything to help. Some of the scenes were written so matter of factly it was weird and the direction decided that’s how it should have been played out.
    I’m glad *one* twist wasn’t ruined by the promos, and when that happened, I actually gasped (and I know that scene wasn’t directed differently so perhaps it’s the promos’ fault). Wasn’t this pilot produced on a CBS budget? What’s up with the special effects?
    Regardless, it intrigued me and I was entertained. The pilot got much better as it neared its end and I will be tuning in next week — for sure!

Comment by Michael – September 13, 2011 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the general consensus here is that most of us tuned in because we’re fans of SMG, and/or Buffy. I felt her performance was great AND she managed to make me believe she wasn’t Buffy. Now, that’s a difficult thing to do, and she succeeded! Agree, special effects were horrible, especially on the boat. If you can’t pull off a scene like that, just don’t do it. Will def keep watching and hope the writers get it right.

Comment by Libby – September 13, 2011 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was very disappointed in this show. Terrible production values, the scene on the boat looked like something from you tube. Bad acting all the way around except from the star. I will not be giving this show another try.

Comment by Terry – September 13, 2011 09:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome show! It blew me away, and I didn’t expect it to. This one is a total winner. LOVED IT SO MUCH.

Comment by Linda – September 13, 2011 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SMG rules! doesn’t matter if the pilot moved a little too fast and there were a couple weird plot holes, all in all SMG is *the reason* to watch!!! :) i’m going to be watching — no one interrupt me Tuesdays at 9!!!

Comment by smgfan – September 13, 2011 09:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought it was intriguing.

I am totally rooting for Bridgette and her “husband”. Ioan is a total hottie.

Can’t wait till Siohban finds out she is pregnant!!

Comment by Dee – September 13, 2011 10:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am also rooting for Andrew and Bridgette. I actually cannot wait for the next episode. Pilots are always rough around the edges and this one at least had intriguing stories.

Comment by Q – September 14, 2011 12:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Add me to the rooting for Andrew and Bridget club. I don’t want Henry to be redeemed. I would love to watch Andrew start to fall in love with his “wife” all over again. Plus, Ioan Gruffudd is sexy as hell, and he’s half the reason I watched in the first place. The other half being because of Sarah Michelle Gellar. Whatever happen to her changing her professional name to Prinze? I remember reading she did that after the birth of her daughter.

Comment by GatsbyDaisy – September 14, 2011 05:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m so happy they let Ioan keep his sexy accent. Instead of forcing him to Americanize it. This is one American girl who is a sucker for a man with an accent.

Comment by Zoey – September 14, 2011 05:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really enjoyed the pilot. I have to agree that the boat scene was absolutely awful. It’s like they didn’t even try. But SMG is just beyond amazing. I didn’t realize how much I missed her on TV until I watched this. I think they have so many places they can go now and I can’t wait to see where they take it in the coming weeks.

Comment by Shannon – September 13, 2011 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post