Exclusive First Look: NBC 'Reboots' Seinfeld, Sex and the City, Golden Girls, and Fresh Prince!

Get More: Reality TV

Hold your horses, and don’t start that furious online petition just yet: NBC hasn’t committed any kind of television sacrilege, but rather, has whipped up a little afternoon soufflé sure to bring smiles to the faces of classic sitcom fans. As part of its campaign to promote Season 3 of The Sing-Off, the network has recruited past contestants The Backbeats and other performers to reinvent the theme songs from Seinfeld, Sex and the City, The Golden Girls, and The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Check ‘em out below, along with a performance of “Raise Your Glass” by a mix of Season 3 vocalists. And to get alerted to my recaps of The Sing-Off, sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

Comments (31)

• I find it strange that all of the themes were from NBC shows except SATC.

Comment by Jelly – September 13, 2011 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HBO and NBC are both owned by Universal.

Comment by Kate – September 13, 2011 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No, HBO is owned by Warners.

Comment by Mike S – September 13, 2011 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • HBO (Home Box Office) has always been owned by Time-Warner

Comment by George Sheldon – September 16, 2011 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Probably because of copyright… or more to the point… promotion of shows originating from the same network/corporate parent as “Sing Off”

Comment by Jon – September 13, 2011 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why is that strange? Which network airs “The Sing-Off?” I would find it strange is they remixed theme songs from ABC or CBS series…

Comment by Johnny Dean – September 13, 2011 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sing Off is on NBC- All of the themes were NBC show except SATC. I thought it was strange that there was 1 Non-NBC Show.

Comment by Jelly – September 14, 2011 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t see them.

Comment by Michael Sacal – September 13, 2011 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sorry, but I love how you create the headline, and then tell people not to worry. Thanks for the LOL!

Comment by BRETT – September 13, 2011 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only show worse than this is DWTS, but I have to say, this is pretty awesome.

Comment by Justin – September 13, 2011 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I should have liked to have heard them do the FRASIER theme song. That was NBC, too.

Comment by Cass – September 13, 2011 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would have loved to see them do the Will & Grace theme. Also, NBC.

Comment by E – September 13, 2011 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just gonna file this under “Favorite Commercials”. Totally made me smile. :)

Comment by E – September 13, 2011 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whoever wrote the headline is an asshole.

That is all.

Move along.

Comment by David F. – September 13, 2011 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed… this has about as much to do with an actual “reboot” as the headline’s writer has to do with factual reporting. Way to get people’s attention with a total lie.

Comment by Jon – September 13, 2011 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sigh. Anyone have links that people outside of the US can watch these vids at?

Comment by Mellie – September 13, 2011 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the Sing-Off! It’s nice to see an A Capella singing competition. That is true talent.

Comment by Mikaylah – September 13, 2011 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know, I was looking forward to watching these vids, but once the advertisement started, I had to tune out.

Comment by SharonM – September 13, 2011 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • really

Comment by mike – September 13, 2011 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course the only black guy on stage is the one rapping The Fresh Prince theme…

Comment by Jess N – September 13, 2011 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait til this site decides to join the 21st century and offer HTML5 videos instead of flash!

Comment by b – September 13, 2011 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, that’s really lame.

Comment by Kalie – September 13, 2011 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just tell us the truth in the headline; I still would’ve clicked on it! I almost wanted to slap myself when they kept saying N B C at the end of each song and that stupid giggling afterwards. I’d say the best one they did was the last one — the ripoff of Raise Your Glass.

Comment by uhyeahright – September 13, 2011 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Of course they will say NBC at the end..it’s a promo spot. Just like the other ones they air on NBC but instead of just the chimes they just had the groups say NBC.

Comment by Dwayne – September 13, 2011 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow… Whoever wrote that headline is a total a$$hole. I thought this was supposed to be an entertainment news site? You could at least pretend to have some class and dignity instead of fabricating and exaggerating stories like you’re a spammer in people’s inbox. Grow up.

Comment by Jamie – September 13, 2011 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t Wait!! Love this show!

Comment by L – September 14, 2011 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know you deliberately wrote that headline to get people to freak out and click on it. Lame.

Comment by JaimeL – September 14, 2011 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When will this country specific blocking end already! Why don’t you want me to see this, NBC? Don’t you get that the internet and social media reaches a GLOBAL audience?

Comment by makesmemad – September 14, 2011 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so sick of that “Raise Your Glass” song.

But the SATC re-do was cool.

Comment by lala – September 14, 2011 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is anyone else irritated that the “N-B-C” chimes tune is wrong?

It’s supposed to go Sol-Mi-Do, not Do-Sol-Mi.

Comment by John – September 15, 2011 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good call; I knew something was wrong there, and that was part of the reason I didn’t like it.

Comment by uhyeahright – September 17, 2011 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post