Bones Scoop: Meet This Season's Big Bad!

Anyone up for some Big Bad Bones news?

Actor Andrew Leeds (Dirt, Nip/Tuck) has been cast as this season’s new recurring villain, TVLine has learned.

Bones Scoop: First Promo of Season 7 Finds Booth and Brennan [Spoiler Alert]!

As we first told you, the character, Christopher Pellant, is a “tech-savvy hacktivist” currently under house arrest for shutting down the DoD’s communications network, putting soldiers’ lives at risk. But even though an ankle monitor keeps him from leaving his home and despite the fact he’s got no Internet access, Pelant is somehow able to carry out a murder spree. Bottom line: He’s a crafty S.O.B.

Leeds is slated to surface in the show’s midseason finale in December.

Bones kicks off its new season on Nov. 3.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Fall TV Preview, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Ben Kabak says:

I cannot wait. LOVE him.

2. Misha says:

I hope this new villian gets Angela some tech genius action. I miss the computer geek side of her.

3. AngelMoon Girl says:

Hopefully onscreen he’s a little scarier than his picture suggests? Haha.
    I really want him to target Brennan. Protective!Booth is so YUM and imagine how much more intense it’ll be if Pelant’s putting Brennan AND the baby at risk.

4. Laura says:

The plots have gotten REALLY lame and boring.
    I have been a Bones fan since season 1. But the direction
    the show has taken no longer holds my or my husbands interest.
    He will not even bother watching it with me. He now calls it
    a soap opera.
    Also, pregnant because of grief sex…. this is the best the
    writers could do. I guess if you are over 17 years old…. Bones
    is not for you. It is a real shame. Watching the show for 6 years
    and this is the best they could create…..

• hru says:

I am well over 17 and enjoy the show very much, Why do you read the teaser and then make a negative comment? If you don’t care for the show move on to something you and your husband enjoy. Very simple solution.

• Angie says:

I do agree with you Laura about the “grief sex” I just thought bones would get pregnant by sheer love not grief. Well if she got pregnant by Seely. Other than that I’ll stick with Bones either way. I am a die-hard fan. Hopefully the pregnancy won’t screw up the story lines **sigh**
      Angie

• Templar says:

Ridiculous. How does a scientist , grief stricken or not, accidently get pregnant? She’s a big girl and self protection is automatic. Lame, lame, lame.

• Jason says:

Who ever said she wanted to use protection? Booth could have used protection as well. Season 4 Bones was willing to have a child with him but his brain tumor got in the way. I don’t see how it is any different just two years later.

5. kevin says:

Couldn’t catch up on BONES other than CASTLE. Hope Fox better end this show just in time to make room for its spin-off THE FINDER.

6. Tiffany-Liana says:

Who says the baby was conceived *that* night, maybe they were having sex from that night on? Besides, sex is sex whether it’s because of grief or not, the chances of producing a baby out of unprotected sex it pretty high. I enjoy the show because it’s fun, I don’t need Shakespeare I just need a murder mystery that will be solved in an hour. That’s what Bones has provided me with for the last six years, I can’t wait for season seven, grief baby or no grief baby.

7. Kate says:

I really don’t get why some people are so hung up on the “grief sex” thing. These are two people who have actually been in love with each other for years, even if they wouldn’t admit it, so to me it’s really unimportant how or why they ended up having sex. It would never just be about grief between them.

Also the people who are still bitter and hung up on Hannah, please get over it. Sometimes I have a feeling that these people have never had adult relationships because newsflash, in real life people have relationships and sleep with a lot of different people before they end up with the right person. It does not mean Booth stopped loving Bones, he was just trying to move on with his life because he thought there was no chance with her. This whole idea that Booth should have remained celibate while hopelessly pining for Brennan is beyond juvenile. This is not a fairy tale.

• Charlotte says:

Well said Kate! I can’t believe people can dismiss that heart-wrenching scene when Brennan finally, after all these years, gave into her feelings and asked him to hold her as anything other than beautiful and moving.

‘Grief sex’ is so patronising and dismissive – it was two grown ups, who love and adore each other reaching out to each other in their darkest hours.

I think it’s kind of beautiful that out of the sadness and heartache of Vincent’s death, something as wonderful and life-affirming as a baby has resulted.

• Joe says:

I agree Kate. The “grief sex” thing is really shallow. Brennan and
      Booth have been in love a very long time. Did people always get up
      to go do something else when Brennan and Booth were looking at each
      other like they wanted to jump into each others arms on the spot?
      If Brennan didn’t love Booth I don’t think she would have had sex
      with him, grief or no grief. I don’t know if people have noticed it,
      but Brennan does not do what she doesn’t want to do.

8. Sarah says:

I agree with Laura 100% on the grief sex the night a friend and
    co worker is murdered.
    Who in the real world could even think about having sex/making
    the same day of such a traumatic event. He waited 6 years and this
    is the way the writers developed the event.
    If anything…. Booth who has such high morals took advantage
    of Brennan. She wanted the comfort of being held….Booth should
    have just held her. Not screwing Brennan and getting her pregnant
    on such a sad occasion.
    The writers could have done this in a mature manner…..
    not is some adolescence High School manner.

• sdfsd says:

Here’s an idea: DON’T WATCH IT.

• Joe says:

Sarah, how do you know Brennan just wanted to be held? You gave the very reason Booth would NOT have taken advantage
      of Brennan….his high morals. He has loved her a long time, he
      is not going do anything that she didn’t want him to do. What you described is a little too close to rape and Booth would never do that.

9. Nan says:

I still don’t understand The bashing of Booth about Hannah – he DID not cheated on Brennan, She said NO when he asked for commitment so he tried to move on.

I in my opinion they were sleeping together from the night Vincent died, not necessary on that night 9maybe they decided to just be together on that night) We actually do not have a clear answer from any source regarding the Baby and as we know between HitH and tCitG few weeks passed so, plenty of nights to make a baby.

I am waiting for new season – just regret we won’t see everybody’s reaction to the B&B baby.

10. Lexi says:

In the books, Temperance Brennan has a daughter…
    Since the show is loosely based on the books, i think a pregnancy was inevitable.
    Booth being the most obvious choice as “Baby Daddy” lol

11. jackie euson says:

i dnt want to see booth leave period. they make a good team together as acters n in the story lines…. honestly, i believe he should stay put!!!! this show will not b the same without him….

12. Cool blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download
    it from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple adjustements would
    really make my blog shine. Please let me know where
    you got your design. Thank you