Fall TV Preview

Bones Scoop: Meet This Season's Big Bad!

Anyone up for some Big Bad Bones news?

Actor Andrew Leeds (Dirt, Nip/Tuck) has been cast as this season’s new recurring villain, TVLine has learned.

Bones Scoop: First Promo of Season 7 Finds Booth and Brennan [Spoiler Alert]!

As we first told you, the character, Christopher Pellant, is a “tech-savvy hacktivist” currently under house arrest for shutting down the DoD’s communications network, putting soldiers’ lives at risk. But even though an ankle monitor keeps him from leaving his home and despite the fact he’s got no Internet access, Pelant is somehow able to carry out a murder spree. Bottom line: He’s a crafty S.O.B.

Leeds is slated to surface in the show’s midseason finale in December.

Bones kicks off its new season on Nov. 3.

Comments (27)

• I cannot wait. LOVE him.

Comment by Ben Kabak – September 13, 2011 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope this new villian gets Angela some tech genius action. I miss the computer geek side of her.

Comment by Misha – September 13, 2011 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully onscreen he’s a little scarier than his picture suggests? Haha.
    I really want him to target Brennan. Protective!Booth is so YUM and imagine how much more intense it’ll be if Pelant’s putting Brennan AND the baby at risk.

Comment by AngelMoon Girl – September 13, 2011 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This guy messed with the D.O.D. computer system. He’s going after much bigger fish than Temperance Brennan.

Comment by Lisa – September 13, 2011 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • itd be one more dead terrorist in the first episode he does this. protective booth is yummy, but also much scarier then any hacktivist.

Comment by TJCrinc – September 13, 2011 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The plots have gotten REALLY lame and boring.
    I have been a Bones fan since season 1. But the direction
    the show has taken no longer holds my or my husbands interest.
    He will not even bother watching it with me. He now calls it
    a soap opera.
    Also, pregnant because of grief sex…. this is the best the
    writers could do. I guess if you are over 17 years old…. Bones
    is not for you. It is a real shame. Watching the show for 6 years
    and this is the best they could create…..

Comment by Laura – September 13, 2011 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am well over 17 and enjoy the show very much, Why do you read the teaser and then make a negative comment? If you don’t care for the show move on to something you and your husband enjoy. Very simple solution.

Comment by hru – September 13, 2011 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Because I have an opinion on the show.

Comment by Laura – September 13, 2011 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Did you expect a fairytale ending to getting Booth and Brennan together? Get real, there has been so much more progression in season 6 than there has been for the last 5 seasons.

Comment by Jason – September 13, 2011 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Go back to reading “Twilight”.

Comment by Right.. – September 15, 2011 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I do agree with you Laura about the “grief sex” I just thought bones would get pregnant by sheer love not grief. Well if she got pregnant by Seely. Other than that I’ll stick with Bones either way. I am a die-hard fan. Hopefully the pregnancy won’t screw up the story lines **sigh**
      Angie

Comment by Angie – September 13, 2011 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ridiculous. How does a scientist , grief stricken or not, accidently get pregnant? She’s a big girl and self protection is automatic. Lame, lame, lame.

Comment by Templar – September 13, 2011 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Who ever said she wanted to use protection? Booth could have used protection as well. Season 4 Bones was willing to have a child with him but his brain tumor got in the way. I don’t see how it is any different just two years later.

Comment by Jason – September 13, 2011 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yes, but he rejected her in favor of Hanna, so that’s kind of entrapment.

Comment by Pippa – September 13, 2011 06:31 PM PDT
  • Couldn’t catch up on BONES other than CASTLE. Hope Fox better end this show just in time to make room for its spin-off THE FINDER.

Comment by kevin – September 13, 2011 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Check the schedule. There’s room for both shows.

Comment by czxc – September 15, 2011 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who says the baby was conceived *that* night, maybe they were having sex from that night on? Besides, sex is sex whether it’s because of grief or not, the chances of producing a baby out of unprotected sex it pretty high. I enjoy the show because it’s fun, I don’t need Shakespeare I just need a murder mystery that will be solved in an hour. That’s what Bones has provided me with for the last six years, I can’t wait for season seven, grief baby or no grief baby.

Comment by Tiffany-Liana – September 13, 2011 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really don’t get why some people are so hung up on the “grief sex” thing. These are two people who have actually been in love with each other for years, even if they wouldn’t admit it, so to me it’s really unimportant how or why they ended up having sex. It would never just be about grief between them.

Also the people who are still bitter and hung up on Hannah, please get over it. Sometimes I have a feeling that these people have never had adult relationships because newsflash, in real life people have relationships and sleep with a lot of different people before they end up with the right person. It does not mean Booth stopped loving Bones, he was just trying to move on with his life because he thought there was no chance with her. This whole idea that Booth should have remained celibate while hopelessly pining for Brennan is beyond juvenile. This is not a fairy tale.

Comment by Kate – September 13, 2011 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well said Kate! I can’t believe people can dismiss that heart-wrenching scene when Brennan finally, after all these years, gave into her feelings and asked him to hold her as anything other than beautiful and moving.

‘Grief sex’ is so patronising and dismissive – it was two grown ups, who love and adore each other reaching out to each other in their darkest hours.

I think it’s kind of beautiful that out of the sadness and heartache of Vincent’s death, something as wonderful and life-affirming as a baby has resulted.

Comment by Charlotte – September 14, 2011 01:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I like your answer Charlotte. The writers pushed two powerful buttons….death and sex/birth.

Comment by Joe – September 17, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree Kate. The “grief sex” thing is really shallow. Brennan and
      Booth have been in love a very long time. Did people always get up
      to go do something else when Brennan and Booth were looking at each
      other like they wanted to jump into each others arms on the spot?
      If Brennan didn’t love Booth I don’t think she would have had sex
      with him, grief or no grief. I don’t know if people have noticed it,
      but Brennan does not do what she doesn’t want to do.

Comment by Joe – September 17, 2011 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with Laura 100% on the grief sex the night a friend and
    co worker is murdered.
    Who in the real world could even think about having sex/making
    the same day of such a traumatic event. He waited 6 years and this
    is the way the writers developed the event.
    If anything…. Booth who has such high morals took advantage
    of Brennan. She wanted the comfort of being held….Booth should
    have just held her. Not screwing Brennan and getting her pregnant
    on such a sad occasion.
    The writers could have done this in a mature manner…..
    not is some adolescence High School manner.

Comment by Sarah – September 14, 2011 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Here’s an idea: DON’T WATCH IT.

Comment by sdfsd – September 15, 2011 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sarah, how do you know Brennan just wanted to be held? You gave the very reason Booth would NOT have taken advantage
      of Brennan….his high morals. He has loved her a long time, he
      is not going do anything that she didn’t want him to do. What you described is a little too close to rape and Booth would never do that.

Comment by Joe – September 17, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still don’t understand The bashing of Booth about Hannah – he DID not cheated on Brennan, She said NO when he asked for commitment so he tried to move on.

I in my opinion they were sleeping together from the night Vincent died, not necessary on that night 9maybe they decided to just be together on that night) We actually do not have a clear answer from any source regarding the Baby and as we know between HitH and tCitG few weeks passed so, plenty of nights to make a baby.

I am waiting for new season – just regret we won’t see everybody’s reaction to the B&B baby.

Comment by Nan – September 14, 2011 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In the books, Temperance Brennan has a daughter…
    Since the show is loosely based on the books, i think a pregnancy was inevitable.
    Booth being the most obvious choice as “Baby Daddy” lol

Comment by Lexi – September 15, 2011 04:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i dnt want to see booth leave period. they make a good team together as acters n in the story lines…. honestly, i believe he should stay put!!!! this show will not b the same without him….

Comment by jackie euson – September 16, 2011 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post