Fall TV Preview

New Vampire Diaries Poster Is Bloody Delicious

And the blood-drenched food theme continues….

The CW has released yet another (almost literally) sickeningly sexy new promo poster for The Vampire Diaries‘ third season (premiering Sept. 15) — only this one finds the series’ potential star-crossed lovers, Damon and Elena, in a culinary embrace of sorts.

New Vampire Diaries Promo: Who Wants Cake?

Hand in hand, Ian Somerhalder’s bad vamp-with-a-heart-of-gold and Nina Dobrev’s Katherine-esque leading lady tempt viewers with ample amounts of tainted fruit. And all the while, the blood-thirsty Stefan (played by Paul Wesley) and his current partner in crime, Klaus (Joseph Morgan), loom ominously in the background. But what does it all mean?

Vampire Diaries Hot Shots: Damon/Elena Party; Stefan/Klaus Terrorize; Tyler/Caroline Look Cute!

See for yourself below and let us know what you think of the group spread. (Click on image for an even larger version.)

1. brutus says:

Looks Fantastic! Cant wait for this show to come back and I hope there is more Elijah this season.

2. Lauren says:

Season three looks amazing. Damon/Elena and Stefan/Klaus. Nothing better. Well, Caroline/Tyler are awesome too.

3. CC says:

So sexy. I zeroed in immediately on Damon and Elena holding hands. WIN.

4. Lou says:

Elena, slowly step away from Damon. You need to reconect with your humanity, go back to Matt for a while.

5. Octavia345 says:

Stefan looks smoking! ven with bloody hands.

6. elle says:

Awesome photo! It looks like Klaus is controlling Stefan, using him as a spy. It would be interesting if they did something like that. Why, I have no idea, but Klaus looks so sneaky.
    Love Elena and Damon holding hands :)

7. Doug n says:

Why waste publicity and space on a show with a 2.0 rating? It’s ridiculous the mat of press you give this stupid show on a network nobody watches. How about some press on ome popular shows that will actually cause your readership to grow and that fans wa t?

• ankki says:

u kno waat watever ur name is u should be quiet cuuz this is an awesome shoow whyy r u even here in the first place?? u shouldnt go bs some other show wo watchin it anddd BTW A LOOOT OF PPL WATCH THIS SHOOW annnnnd this shoow has a buuunch of fanns annd as for the network its getting somewat better and is a little underappreciated sooooo take ur smack tlk somewhere else and go.

• Lauren says:

The Vampire Diaries is very popular, FYI. It’s CW’s #1 show. So how about you shut the hell up, because obviously you don’t know what you’re talking about.

• cc says:

Beats the reality-crap any day.

• Jenn says:

Are you kidding me??? This is far and away the best show on the CW (and almost any other channel). This show has everything you could want and more! The cast, yes they are beautiful but they are so much more than that. I have been waiting for this to come back since the finale aired.

If you don’t want to watch it or read about it then stop trolling on this site!

• Jenn says:

Oh and 1 more thing.. It’s not just the teenagers that watch this show. I’m 41 years old and my good friend (who hooked me on it) is 31! All of my co-workers are nuts over it!

Just had to throw that piece in there.

• Carrie says:

That’s a matter of opinion. I think “Supernatural” and “Nikita” are far better than “Vampire Diaries”.

• Guess says:

Almost everything is better than The Vampire Diaries these days, I keep this show on probation: one more infraction (continuity, plot, character development, etc.) and so long!

• Flave says:

You’re an idiot. Get a life, what the f. do you have to do with what this site posts or not? And you really believe in the Nielsen system? That explains everything. This show is watched way more than you think.

• leora polk says:

well ur on here so ur paying attention to the show too,duh…and if u dont like it then get off this site and go watch dancing with the stars…i’m 40yr and i know younger and older ppl who watch this show.they’ve made vampires a little more paletable than they used to be.they’ve given vamps a nice twist.no running from crosses and garlic…if u dont like it, then dont watch…your dancing with the stars has its own website.check of this one…peace…

• rlewis says:

R U kidding me? Vampire Diaries is one of the best shows on TV. Gorgeous characters and tons of chemistry. I wait all week for Thursday night to watch this. Better than all those stupid reality shows. I hope it is one for 10 more years!!

• frances says:

we find the vampire diaries excellant here in scotland awaiting season three to start great tv brilliant actors you should not watch it if you dont like it

8. Just Jules says:

Looks a lot like the season 3 posters from True Blood.

9. Grace says:

I wonder if there is any significance to Damon and Elena clasping their hands together over Damon’s heart (or in the vicinity).

10. Zoey says:

This is the poster I’ve been waiting for! I’m a huge Damon and Elena (Delena) fan, and seeing Damon lying in Elena’s arms appears to indicate that this will indeed be the season they either become a couple, or start down the path toward becoming one. Damon and Elena together and Stefan becoming Klaus’ badass wingman is going to make for a very exciting season. I can’t wait!

11. scooterbeanbag says:

I still find it amazing that Nina was a Degrassi darling right before she landed her big break on the show show. The CW does well for Degrassi alums. (I don’t watch TVD but I’m happy for her success.)

12. sabrina says:

Why doesn’t the CW promote all their shows like this except for a select few?

13. Nicole says:

Are Elena and Damon opening an organic farm or something? What is with all of the produce in the marketing material?

14. Kate says:

Kinda getin fed up of all the new promotional shots involving Klaus, if theyre gunna involve people outside of the main 3 how bout all of them, i am someone who much prefers the Caroline/Tyler/Jeremy and Bonnie storylines & characters so why cant i see some juicy promos involving them? Especially a nice Forwood promo!
    On top of that i agree this looks ALOT like True Blood’s season 3 promo settings, which involved all main characters!

15. Annonymous says:

I already quit on this show but I wish them good luck just the same (they are going to need it IMO).

16. Rob says:

The constant lack of Caroline, Alaric and Jeremy on these posters is appalling.

17. LC says:

Nina Dobrev looks weird. I think she normally is a lot prettier. When I saw her I was like, “What did they do to her face?”

18. Katy says:

I agree that they seriously need to acknowledge Caroline, Tyler, Matt, Jeremy, Bonnie and Alaric – AKA more than half the cast! I understand that Elena, Stefan and Damon are the ‘main 3’ but the others each have their own SLs too – and if they are important enough for character development they are important neough for promotion – especially over someone whose been in, like, 4 eps!!! It’s driving me crazy to keep seeing Klaus and I sure hope they’re not gonna focus so much on him that the other supporting cast get pushed aside!!

19. Damon says:

To the Dumbazz who said The ratings are 2.0 just A prick with no life. And to those who are haters why are you here.. if u hate the show

20. Jon says:

This whole fruit angle needs to stop. I get it, but. . . geez. It’s ugly.

• Carrie says:

I agree. It’s pretty disgusting that they have rotted fruit scattered all around them and blood on their hands. I’m not sure what’s sexy or attractive about that.

21. Susy says:

I love TVD and it is the Best show on the CW! I like the promo picture- love to see Damon recling on Elenaks lap! DELENA FOREVER!!!

22. Susy says:

Sorry for the typo. I meant I love that Damon is reclining on Elena’s lap. At first glance, I hadn’t even noticed Damon and Elena are holding hands. I HOPE THAT MEANS DELENA WILL HAPPEN SOON!!! Btw, I am 37 and I LOVE this show!!! Teens aren’t the only ones loving this show!!!

23. sherrie says:

I’m 45 and a big fan. if we kept beverly hill’s 90210 0n for 10 years vampire diaries will be around a lot longer.

24. Derrick says:

V.d 3 is off the hook.

25. username says:

I love Klaus!

26. DAMON FAN says:

27. Sarah says:

I adore the vampire diaries.My absolute fave show.Wish i was a part of it.

28. Nancy says:

I was streaming the episodes early in the season, and there was a poster in the commercial, with Damon sitting on a rock or something, Elena leaning against his leg, and Stephen in the background, all in a deliciously spooky setting. I can’t find the poster. Does anyone remember it?

29. Tia Serena says:

This poster is so full of significance, yet I have not seen it discussed anywhere. Stefan has both of his hands dirty. Klaus is the background as if he is whispering to him (which we know now, both did…)
    Damon is reclining on Elena’s lap, and they are holding hands – they sought and found companionship with each other. She is holding a bloody Pomegranate. This fruit is simbolic for prosperity and fertility so I really do not understand why it has been chosen (Elena did not prosper nor became fertile…)
    Damon holds bloody dagger. Daggers have two cutting edges, and is symbolic of deception, but it could also indicate Damon’s duality, his good and his bad side.
    The fruit in front of them are rotten and crawling with beetles… are they the consequences of their actions? Is everything that they touch tainted? Or are they eating the tainted fruit?
    So many questions, it would be nice to have some answers…