True Blood Scoop: Rutina Wesley Will Be Back For Season 5… But In What Form?

And Rutina Wesley thought getting kidnapped and duct taped to a toilet by a crazed vampire sucked. In the closing minutes of Sunday’s True Blood finale, the actress’ seemingly cursed alter ego, Tara, jumped in front of a bullet intended for her BFF Sookie and got her brains blown out. Literally.

“I have to say it was actually kind of cool having my brains blown out,” confesses Wesley with a laugh. “All of the special effects and everything… It was cool.”

If she sounds surprisingly chipper for someone who just lost her job on one of TV’s most successful shows, it’s probably because well… she didn’t actually lose her job. In the following Q&A with TVLine, Wesley confirms that she will be back for True Blood‘s fifth season — but that’s only half the story.

TVLINE | When did you first find out Tara was getting shot in the head?
[Series creator] Alan Ball himself pulled me aside early on and told me that this was happening. And I was like, ‘OK, that’s cool.’ I know I’m coming back in some capacity, I just don’t know how I’m coming back. It’s scary as an actor to be in that position. Whatever they do, I think it’s the Golden Hour for Tara. But I don’t know how they’re going to revive me or if I’m dead. And that’s the big question: Can she be saved?

TVLINE | Has your contract option for Season 5 been officially picked up?
Yes. I know I’m coming back. I just don’t know in what capacity.

TVLINE | If she is brought back to life, it seems unlikely she’ll just be the same old Tara.
I like playing a human on the show. I like not having any powers. I like being the voice of reason. But it wouldn’t be a drama if we didn’t have a shift in things. Everything’s up in the air because half of my head is missing. [Laughs] I know Alan has big plans for me next season. But has he shared those plans with me? Not really.

TVLINE | Have you entertained the idea that she might become a vampire?
Not really. Some of my fans actually talked about that a couple years ago. They were like, “Wouldn’t it be great if Tara became a badass vampire? Wouldn’t that be amazing?” But as I said, I like being human. [Laughs] We don’t have that many on the show. And then I’d have to figure out how to talk with the fangs and all that crazy stuff. But with that kind of injury, even if I got the vampire blood could that really save me? I don’t know.

TVLINE | What did you think of Tara’s arc this season? She started out in a very happy place but as the season went on she reverted back to being somewhat of a victim.
I didn’t necessarily see her as the victim this season. I saw her as more of a survivor of the situation. And a fighter. We got to a point where she really had no choice. She got her hand burned on the door and at that moment she was like, “If I have to be here and fight with Marnie, then that’s what I have to do to survive.” What was great about this season for me is even though she did suffer, she suffered for a cause. And she was strong. And I really liked the humor in Tara that we got towards the end. It felt like Season 1 Tara with the one-liners. It was fun getting back to the sassy Tara. I just like to see her be strong and stable and not necessarily crying and whining. I like the more happy Tara but, you know, it’s a drama. Happiness only lasts for so long, as you can see.

Comments (177)

• GOOD! I did NOT want to see Rutina Wesley leave this show! I still love Tara, victim or not

Comment by Kyle – September 12, 2011 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here! I am glad Rutina is staying, and I also agree with her assessment that Tara was a survivor this season.

Comment by Sivat – September 12, 2011 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So there will be a Season 5 of True Blood ?!

Comment by Morgan – September 12, 2011 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes, it was renewed a while ago.

Comment by Lambsilencer – September 12, 2011 11:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I’m SO glad Tara is back, even she’s only a ghost. I think she adds something unique to this show.

Comment by Guess – September 13, 2011 08:36 AM PDT
    • AWSOME!!!So glad Tara is coming back. I thought they were going to kill her off and then I would have to quit watching TB. Tara has always been one of my favorite chacters on the show.I hope she stays human but if shes gotta change I’d prefer a vampire over a ghost.

Comment by Tina – September 12, 2011 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I really hope that they do not incorporate Bubba (from the book) into Tara. I am really afraid that is gonna happen. I am glad that the series is not exactly like the book. Wesley is too good of an actress to become the “female Bubba”

Comment by Pookiesmama – September 29, 2011 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I sooo agree!!! I, love Tara to bits and was cursing at the tv when she was shot, i vowed to not watch the next season (yeah right) I was sooo cut up over it. Love the show, and personally the character that most annoys me is that Stackhouse girl..I forget her name. :P

Comment by Bardo – October 8, 2011 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • As much as I hate the thought, we lose Tara, the show loses me, and I’ve been a Trubie since day one.

Comment by tammie – April 13, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • you would really stop watching true blood (fav show ever) just because tara died? wow, your really not much of a fan. hope to see a few more seasons, with or without tara.

Comment by josh landry – June 9, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you for spoiling the show Aus. I still haven’t caught up with the last few episodes. I guess I know now that something terrible happens to her. You are usually better at not spoiling things this way!

Comment by Eli – September 12, 2011 11:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m really and truly not trying to be snippy but if you haven’t watched all of the episodes, why are you running the risk of learning spoilers when reading an article about an actress/actor on a TV show that has already broadcast its last episode of the season? If you don’t want to know spoilers, you are better off not reading any articles until you are caught up, but if you want to continue to read the articles, don’t be surprised to learn something that you don’t want to know.

Comment by SAM – September 13, 2011 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • THIS

Comment by samantha – September 13, 2011 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I didn’t read the article but the photo and the headline on the front page spoil it all. You see if the headline ran something like “True Blood Scoop: Rutina Wesley talks about her future with the show” or even better “True Blood Scoop: Rutina Wesley says” without that spoily “in what form bit” I wouldn’t have been bothered and I probably wouldn’t have read. The what form thing spoiled it for me. Aus is usually better at this!

Comment by Eli – September 13, 2011 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Why were you here if you didn’t finish watching the end of the season then BLAME it on Sam for discussing it??? YOU spoiled it YOURSELF!

Comment by LeonardLi – November 13, 2011 07:44 PM PDT
          • Control yourself and just don’t read Trueblood stories if you haven’t caught up watching the episodes. Sheesh! Don’t expect the whole world to baby you if you’re the one who’s chosen to be slow.

Comment by hillbilleter – May 23, 2012 11:24 AM PDT
        • SAM… You didn’t do ANYTHING wrong! This person is a dumb@ss and id pissy because you spoiled it? LMAO! Didn’t they just read the interview above? Rutina herself SPOILED IT then! LOL…

Comment by LeonardLi – November 13, 2011 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • …and then there are those who only watched Season One – what a bummer for them that they now know that Tara went through a bunch of crap! Or, you could just not read what is just fan discussion for all those who kept watching, and not spoil it for yourself. Have some self control and just don’t read what may be a spoiler for you and nobody else.

Comment by hillbilleter – May 23, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, many people WANT her gone, I’ve NEVER liked her. Trashy and nosy, and always easily influenced by others.

Comment by lorna – September 13, 2011 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • were you talking about tara? nah, can’t be!

Comment by mbb – September 13, 2011 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You need to stop watching the show, if you are going to make comment like this. I enjoy Rutina(Tara) in the show and don’t want her to leave. Sometime you have to be out spoken for people to hear you.

Comment by emae – March 29, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So, who would you have take the part of Sookie’s lifetime friend, through thick and thin? There has to be someone who she can have those conversations with so that all the viewers can find out Sookie’s past history and how she has dealt with her life. Or would you have Anna Paquin stand in a room alone and deliver soliloquies?

Comment by hillbilleter – May 23, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh my God I don’t remember the last time I cryed so hard, All I could think was there is no way Rutina Wesley, no no Tara can’t go, they have got to have a plan. WOW season 4 really tore at my heart, I can’t wait till season 5 YES

Comment by Karen – September 14, 2011 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Frakkin’ painis… terra and hayzoos can have ghost relations, VAGINA!!!

Comment by Jesus – September 14, 2011 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • UMMMMMMMM……do you mean TARA and JESUS? Do you happen to be a redneck by any chance?

Comment by Loca – October 3, 2011 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Nope, he writes like inner city. Sookie is a redneck and is very different from this guy.

Comment by hillbilleter – May 23, 2012 11:31 AM PDT
    • They need to kill everyone except Sookie, Eric, Alcide, Jessica, and Sam

Comment by Dave Carter – September 17, 2011 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nah, Jessica can go. I hate the Jessica/Jason pairing. She’s outlived her storyline, kill her off!

Comment by lorna – September 18, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • i know right aww i hate them just die already thats what i think every time i see Jessica ass

Comment by chelcie – September 23, 2011 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by chelcie – September 23, 2011 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • UMMM….do you mean TARA and JESUS. Do you happen to be a redneck by any chance?

Comment by Loca – October 3, 2011 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow, what a crazy ending to the season! Personally, I was glad to see Tara gone, she wasn’t one of my favorite characters. The next season is shaping up to be a good one. I found a cool site to learn more about True Blood characters. Thanks for posting this article!

Comment by Adam – November 18, 2011 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like Tara A LOT!! I DO NOT want her leaving the show either!!

Comment by CrystalZ – March 23, 2012 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She is a horrible actress, she ruins the show

Comment by bob – July 10, 2012 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew it!! HaHA.

Comment by Christy – September 12, 2011 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Don’t like her character, but I’d be sad to see her leaving the show. I know that doesnt make a lot of sense, but she’s one of the originals, it just doesn’t seem right to me.

Comment by Gus – September 12, 2011 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on Ausiello! Not even 24 hours later and you’re putting up spoily photos on the main page? I don’t have a 9-5 and haven’t been able to watch it yet! GAH!

Comment by Taylor – September 12, 2011 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You might want to, you know, avoid TV news websites if you don’t want to know what happens on TV.

Comment by TigerNightmare – September 12, 2011 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I dunno, I think he’s got a perfectly valid point. It’s pretty darn spoiler-y. I’d say change the photo and maybe the article title to: “Rutina Wesley on Season 5″ or something like that.

Comment by DL – September 12, 2011 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It’s not a spoiler when the event in question already happened. It’s not Ausiello’s fault you didn’t watch the show last night!

Comment by Sivat – September 12, 2011 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I’ve already seen the show! I’m just saying people come to the site for news about other shows than True Blood, and it’s silly to say you shouldn’t visit the site at all until you’ve watched a particular episode of a particular show. That’s all. It’s just my opinion.

Comment by DL – September 12, 2011 08:41 PM PDT
          • DL, your opinion is wrong. And kinda stupid.

Comment by Sivat – September 12, 2011 09:02 PM PDT
      • This whining drives me up the wall, watch the show you haven’t seen yet INSTEAD of going to a site like TVLINE where there are bound to recaps & spoilers. It’s not that hard is it?

Comment by dee123 – September 12, 2011 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shaddap. I came streaking over here to see if Rutina was back for Season 5, thanks Aus for giving us some hope for Tara next season. I’ll hand it to Alan Ball, not only was I bawling over Jesus and Lafayette I was blubbering over Sookie’s cries as she cradled Tara, whew. Best finale ever, don’t even know what to expect for Season 5.

Comment by Plum – September 12, 2011 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Excellent post, Plum. I am with you-TVLine was where I first headed to see Tara’s future. Thanks Aus!

Comment by Josh – September 13, 2011 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree I don’t want Tara gone she makes the show. Why do Sookie have to have all the good men, be REAL!!! Tara is beautiful in her own right. I really want her with Sam if not to be then Alcide both of character need a strong female partner. Maybe even Eric but, wait they to Kill each other. Come Back Tara!!!!

Comment by emae – March 29, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, sorry – I didn’t watch TB on Sunday either, but I avoided tv sites and even twitter yesterday because I knew that there would be discussion, and I knew that something big would happen since it was the finale. You do have control over what you read online you know – it’s not up to others to protect you. Going to a tv site the day after a major episode of a popular tv show and expected not to be spoiled is willfull ignorance of reality.

Comment by Nicole – September 13, 2011 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • THANK YOU NICOLE – AMEN!!! Thank you for saying perfectly what all of these comments kept making me want to say in response!!!!
        I just watched the final episode today, and so I stayed away from all the websites I knew might spoil it for me because it meant too much to me to see the final episode unspoiled to risk it.

Comment by Kai – September 28, 2011 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly!

Comment by hillbilleter – May 23, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Eric will turn here, and Pam will turn Ginger.

Comment by Anthony Newhall – September 12, 2011 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Eric will give Tara his blood and make her his human just to goad Sookie. I liked the good witches on the show, would be cool to see Tara and Lafayette bring the white lighter power.

Lafayette already resurrected Jesus in Mexico from the snake bite, he may be able to resurrect Tara.

I want Tara to be in flesh and blood form, not some wandering ghost, and I miss her sass. She also has one of the best screams on the show, up there with Sookie and Ginger, those three gals have the funniest Scooby Doo screams ever.

Comment by Plum – September 12, 2011 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sad that she doesn’t want to play a vampire because I think that would be awesome if Tara came back as a kick-ass vampire.

Maybe she’ll return as a resident ghost a la Sally on Being Human?

Comment by Hunt – September 12, 2011 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t stand Tara! She is just too annoying for me. I wish they had kept her more like in the book. Hopefully they only bring her back as a ghost talking through Lafayette.

Comment by Amanda – September 12, 2011 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I find Tara annoying also. I wish the series were a little more true to the books. Tara is a very minor character in the books, I wish that were the case in the series as well.

Comment by Bobby – June 1, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • uuugh hate tara, want her to die

Comment by Sami – September 12, 2011 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • STFU

Comment by Xander – September 12, 2011 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • @Xander: Amen!
        I can’t handle the excessive hatred people spew on the character Tara, and STFU perfectly responds to those comments.

Comment by Kai – September 28, 2011 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed!! Nighty night Tara!

Comment by Zeeman – September 13, 2011 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You need to Turn the Channel!!!

Comment by emae – March 29, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing against Rutina, but it was time her character bowed out. This season, it seemed as if the writers were just giving stuff for Tara to do that was completely out of character just so Rutina would do SOMETHING. Like recruting people for Antonia/Marni’s circle. With Tara’s people skills? I don’t think so.

Comment by Nothingtoadd – September 12, 2011 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that can be said of SO MANY characters on this show!

Comment by mbb – September 13, 2011 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d love her to be a vampire too. I love that she said she likes playing sassy Tara. Remember the first scene she was in, the Supa Save a Bunch one? What happened to that Tara? Maybe if she became a vampire, we could get that Tara back. But I’m glad she’s coming back, it wouldn’t be the same without her.

Comment by Lauren – September 12, 2011 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ugh why? so they can put her in yet another pointless relationship where the person gets run off or killed? Let her go out a hero. Jeez.

Comment by Nichole – September 12, 2011 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • amen!

Comment by nothingtoadd – September 12, 2011 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You mean pointless like Jessica and Sookie’s relationship wit Eric and season 4?

Comment by S.H – April 15, 2012 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I kinda have a hate-love thing for Tara. but Rutina is awesome, don’t want her to leave but Tara is annoying sometimes, argh.

Comment by deanna – September 12, 2011 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show will not be the same without Tara. Hopefully she does indeed come back.

Comment by ArronC – September 12, 2011 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMFG SOOO F*ckin Happy! Rutina Wesley Is An Original As Tara Thorton And It Would NEVER Be The Same Without Her! Thanks Ausiello!

Comment by Alex M. – September 12, 2011 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are so right, Alex she is an original love her or hate her! It just wouldn’t be the same without her.

Comment by S.H – April 15, 2012 10:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Screw u guys who said Tara sucks and needs to die. Tara is awesome. To see her overcome all of her unfortunate situations in some way or another is incredible. And let’s face it. Lafyette’s already lost the love of his life. He’d kill himself if Tara was gone. Im glad shes comimg back. You rock Rutina.!

Comment by Jay – September 12, 2011 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Screw the haters!

Comment by Sivat – September 12, 2011 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am glad Tara is coming back. Lafayette and Sookie needs her and the show won’t be the same without her. I will be upset if they kill her off the show. Last season she wasn’t my favorite person, but this season I really was able to get into her character. I agree that the haters need to be quiet.

Comment by Kim – September 14, 2011 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is the best comment by far! I sooooo look forward to the ‘big plan’ AB has for her story line.

Comment by S.H – April 15, 2012 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What’s yawn is the dry, tired and predictable Sookie-Bill-Eric love triangle.

Comment by S.H – April 15, 2012 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yawn. They finally had a chance to get rid of this boring, unnecessary character and they fail again.

Comment by Jimmy – September 12, 2011 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooooo. After being so happy with the finale and having Tara’s death make up for the rest of the horrid season 4… Now this. Can’t they just let her die already.

Comment by kavselj – September 12, 2011 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Season 4 has been the best season. What are you on?

Comment by Sivat – September 12, 2011 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Are you kidding me? The amount of unnecessary stuff going on between Eric, Bill and Sookie. Like we’re watching a soap opera. Add in pointless Tommy storyline, the whole witch storyline that was wrapped up in 5 minutes by Marney shedding a few tears and then just giving in.

Oh, lets not forget the whole Alcide & Debbie story. Boring as hell. About the only good thing Sookie did this season when she blew her brains out.

And last but not least, Tara has been the most annoying and badly written character in a looooong while on TV. No wonder so many people were relieved when they thought she was finally gonna be killed off.

Season 1 > Season 3 > Season 4 > Season 2.

Luckily Russell Edgington is coming back next season.

Comment by kavselj – September 12, 2011 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Uh, I hate to break it to you but True Blood IS a soap opera. Oh wait, you’re just complainin about everything. Yeah, the Marnie situation was “wrapped up in 5 minutes”. There’s some other whiners who think it dragged on for the whole season – couldja go talk to them?

Comment by ultimate troll – September 13, 2011 02:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • True Blood is supposed to be a VAMPIRE soap opera, with each season they just add in unnecessary plotlines and don’t bother to end them properly or just leave them hanging into one big mess, I’d really like to know, whatever happened to the fairies, or the werepanthers or that telepathic nephew of Sookie’s and what was the point of introducing Portia?, the Marnie situation was wrapped up in the most predictable way possible and it was the only plotline with any potential.

Comment by Jez – September 13, 2011 03:23 AM PDT
        • “Unnecessary stuff?” It’s an ENSEMBLE show. You need to give the ensemble storylines. Without the “unnecessary stuff,” it would just be Sookie waiting tables. And you think season 2 was the worst?! It was nominated for the Emmy for Best Series for that season for a reason.

Comment by r0ckmypants – September 13, 2011 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I’m not the original poster, I actually think season 2 was the best season followed by season 1, 3 and 4 were the worst, it is essential for a show to have an ensemble, TB however does not have an ensemble but a tangled mess of subplots which do not form an ensemble, watching TB season 4 was like watching several tv shows, including some really crappy ones, I’m talking about the ghost and her baby, the werepanthers who were never seen again, Tara’s girlfriend and sudden lesbianism and and Andy’s V addiction story which had already been done with Jason. An ensemble plot must be coherent, not have parallel branches which never intersect and are just time fillers.

Comment by Jez – September 13, 2011 11:58 AM PDT
          • I totally agree with you about season 2, it was the best IMO. Season 3 was the worst IMO, I almost gave up the show.

I hope Tara lives.

Comment by Flave – September 13, 2011 02:32 PM PDT
        • If RUSSELL EDGINGTON, returns and I feel there’s a good chance he will come back as he was such a freaked out sick funny character on the show Eric will get him and rip him to shreds eat him spit him out and burn him till nothing but a bad memory is left …hopefully he wont bring old friends along with him! lIKE NAZI VAMPIRES OR WHO THE IN HELL KNOWS!……………..

AND NOW TIFFANY HAS THE WEATHER

Comment by monkfist – September 16, 2011 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I loooved season 2, Marryanne was the meanest, In fact I kinda can’t remember what happened in 1 , I must be about ready to watch it again. :) for me season 3 was a little boring, And was overkill on the homoeroticism, I mean they even had a scene with Bill and Sam sheesh. I still love the show though. It puzzles me as to why these people who hate this show with such gusto, watch it every season. just don’t watch

Comment by Bardo – October 8, 2011 11:34 PM PDT
        • Mwah! Kisses to all my Tara haterz, at least your thinking about her.

Comment by S.H – April 15, 2012 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i agree. season 4 with bill as king has been the Best Ever

Comment by mbb – September 13, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not a big fan of this season’s True Blood, but I’m glad to read that Tara is not going to be completely gone from TB. I feel that the writers can do so much more with her character and yet they didn’t seem to deliver it this season. Not to mention certain character’s story (Marni) was stretched until there is literally no more.

Comment by prettyinbleu – September 12, 2011 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s pretty clear that they are bringing zombies to Bon Temps (go back and watch the Arlene/Terry costume scene), and Tara will be back as a zombie. Not a drooling “Walking Dead” zombie, but a zombie nevertheless, possibly tying into this season’s necromancy stuff.

Comment by Sivat – September 12, 2011 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This season ends with Sookie screaming for someone to help, if that’s not foreshadowing then I don’t know what is. My guess … someone arrives in the opening seconds of next season with the deal of a lifetime … they’ll save Tara’s life in exchange for Sookie’s “soul.” The only question is who will be buying. My guess would be the fairies.

Comment by mallen – September 12, 2011 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Eric summons Pam and forces her to be Tara’s maker! That would be a treat to watch in season 5. Or Eric will turn her and pam will have a nervous break down. I really hope they turn her to a vampire. The only one we have seen is bill turn jessica and that was a while ago.

Comment by Katrina S. – September 12, 2011 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad Tara will be back! Becoming a vamp would kill Tara, she’d be bitter and angry. Who could save her? I like the point someone made about the Fairies stepping in. After all we haven’t seen the Fairy War yet. I hate that Jesus died, maybe the whole spirit/medium thing he mentioned will bring him back. Can’t wait til June!

Comment by CynMG2 – September 12, 2011 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haha…yes to a few of the earlier comments. It would be great to see Pam as Tara’s maker. Or, if not, Pam and Tara in a relationship after Tara turns…if that happens.

Comment by joerobby – September 12, 2011 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I so would like to see Tara and Pam Tara have a relationship similar to Pam’s and Erics, except Pam is the maker. I would tune in just to see Pam and Tara spar verbally in season 4. I definitely think Pam will have something to do with Tara’s storyline in season 5.

Comment by S.H – April 15, 2012 10:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well that was a dick move, Ausiello. That’s what I get for using a DVR I guess.

Comment by Justin – September 12, 2011 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Whoe reads these site the day after a show aired and cries spoiler? Moronic.

Comment by AJ – September 12, 2011 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What would be moronic is going into a True Blood fan page and expecting to not be spoiled, not the front page of a site for general TV news. Spoiler warnings would’ve been nice, that’s all.

Comment by Justin – September 12, 2011 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I managed to stay away from the fan pages until I watched the last episode. It stands to reason that everyone will be talking about what happened on the latest/last episode. Chalk it up to experience and get some will power – I had to ;)

Comment by Melanie – September 13, 2011 12:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah but come on, it’s not like True Blood has a spoilery kind of vibe or like the season finale might have stuff happen. There was NO WAY to antcipate True Blood finale talk being on a tv gossip and spoiler site. General news?

Comment by ultimate troll – September 13, 2011 02:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • “it’s not like True Blood has a spoilery kind of vibe or like the season finale might have stuff happen.”
          Seriously??? Of course stuff happens, it’s the season finale!!! And if it’s that good it will be talked about in the main stream!!!
          You can’t gag the whole world, you can only control what you do. So, don’t go on the sites until you’ve watched the latest episode – Simples!

Comment by Melanie – September 14, 2011 01:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Sweetie, I believe that was sarcasm.

Comment by liliaceae83 – September 17, 2011 12:39 PM PDT
  • Worst character on the show. Should have left her dead and off the show.

Comment by AJ – September 12, 2011 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For everyone who hates Tara think about the characters you do like on true blood and imagine how they would feel about Tara dying, Sookie, Lafayette, Sam if you truly love the show and care about the characters then you would not want to see Tara die.

Comment by Ciera – May 13, 2012 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well this f’ing sucks. i had so hoped tara was gone for good. ugh, just when i was thinking i could enjoy the show again. balls

Comment by GDM – September 12, 2011 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree. I’d want Tara to stay just because she’s apart of the true blood veterans and she’s misunderstood, but Sookie and LaLa love her. Plus, I wouldn’t want to see Retina lose her job

Comment by Nate – September 12, 2011 10:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • unfortunately….yes

Comment by Polly – September 12, 2011 10:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Tara’s not gone? Weeping with relief tbh…

Comment by Elisa – September 13, 2011 01:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She calls Tara the voice of reason? Hahaha! I found her annoyingly stupid for falling for the villain AGAIN

Comment by Guest – September 13, 2011 02:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I HATE HER! I think she is annoying, useless and grumpy. I really don’t think she fits with the show. The actress is a really bad choice for the role as she looks like a man and I can’t find anymore reasons for her to stay on the show. I really think her character has become really tiring and I hope she gets less show time next season. I am really sad about this!

Comment by Agapy – September 13, 2011 03:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have never cheered for the death of any character on a show before that wasn’t truly a “bad guy” but I did cheer when I heard this ditty. Tara’s character is tiresome and, quite frankly, stereotypical. Black woman with an alcoholic mother who is raped and abused by men…turns to hate and anger. Tara hates supes yet she freely jumps into bed with witches?

This entire season has been off for me. I’ve gone back and forth between loving and hating it…I haven’t even watched the last three episodes. Anna’s acting has been horrible. Amnesia Eric, while cute, was very much over the top. Andy on V? *rolls eyes* Tommy – well, I’m glad HE’S gone.

Sookie/Bill. *sigh* At the risk of sounding like a broken record…Bill’s only purpose was to lure Sookie into the Queen’s clutches. It’s an extremely important plotline from the books. This isn’t about Sookie/Eric or Sookie/Alcide…it’s about being true to the characters in some way, shape or form. It’s like redoing Dirty Dancing and changing the entire story where Baby’s no longer in the corner and Johnny is played by a short, fat, bald gay man. Stephen Moyer/Anna Paquin are very cute together – but base your story on that? WHY?

I’m not excited for the next season like I was after the end of the last. It’s all just “meh” to me.

Comment by Julie – September 13, 2011 03:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NO, the plot is NOT based on Steven & Anna’s relationship (and thinking that is really rude btw. Trust the writers for God’s sake, or don’t watch the show). AND the plotline and the characters of the books are different in the show.
      Get over it.

Comment by Liz – September 13, 2011 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Amen. I’m so sick of hearing people complain that the show should be more like the books. If you love the books and hate the show then stop watching – and for the love of God, stop complaining about it to people who DO enjoy the show.

I prefer Bill to Eric, but can understand why other people don’t – until they start ranting about how Bill does all these things in the books that he hasn’t done in the show and that’s about when I tune out. Part of the whole point of the end of this season was Eric accepting that Bill loves Sookie despite his original intentions (which, face it, changed very early in s01), and Bill accepting that Eric loves her too despite how untrustworthy and selfish he’s proven to be, and the two of them working together – despite their dislike for one another – to protect Sookie.

I hope this frenemy stuff continues. I’m tired of this Team Bill VS Team Eric catfight. Let’s see more of Team Bill&Eric. Their ending scene with Nan was awesome – so awesome that I didn’t even mind what happened to her despite that she was one of my favorite characters to watch.

Comment by Sam – September 13, 2011 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Slvat, it’s okay to disagree with another opinion. It’s not okay to call that opinion stupid. We’re talking about a tv show not some great debate. Manners, okay?

Me, I love Tara. She’s the voice of common sense. She’s the moral center of the show–limited vocabulary and all. She’s the undefeatabe factor in us all, the reminder that you don’t have to be a supe to be cool. She’s the voice of the everywoman. While I’d rather she stay human, I want her around in whatever form she has to take. The show would be much poorer without her.

Besides, Rutina’s gorgeous!

Comment by DJ – September 13, 2011 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • so well said, dj!

Comment by mbb – September 13, 2011 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing against the actress Rutina Wesley, but I absolutely HATED Tara pretty much from day one. Had been wishing for so long that her character would be killed off and finally they delivered in this season’s finale. Come on HBO, why don’t you surprise us by NOT bringing her back … please?

Comment by RJ – September 13, 2011 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • UGHHH… I knew we were screwed when the last episode of this season turned into an episode of Ghost Whisperer. I went & got my hopes up that Tara would be GONE for good, but we just can’t seem to shake her! I’m sure Rutina is a lovely person, but the character of Tara is absolutely abysmal! She’s barely even IN the books (doesn’t come in until book 2 or 3) and she doesn’t have much of a story line either. WHY can’t she just go away??

Comment by Auds – September 13, 2011 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to say that I was hoping for Tara to be gone. I had read that this season was going to be following the fourth book closely, but sadly it did not. The fourth book was my favorite. Looking forward to more fairies and a better season!

Comment by Sherry – September 13, 2011 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i feel so sorry for those that feel such hatred. how do you manage to rustle up so much negativity?

Comment by mbb – September 13, 2011 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To all the people who “hate” Tara and wish she would just die…well you arent watching the same show as I am. Sookie has lost so many people and she has but two or three humans that she calls her family. She would be devastated by Tara’s death…forever. She would have to move because no longer would good memories trump the bad ones. Now Lafayette who too has little to no family loved ones and now has even more magic inside of him. If he lost Tara he would become the villain. Also how much time would be spent on just her death. You think she’s boring and pointless now wait til she’s dead and still being talked about all the time. I watch the show because I care about the characters and feel for them like they r real. So never want anyone i care about to have their best friend/sister get shot in the head protecting them and then die in their arms. too much for one person to handle. not to mention that in show time its only been less than 2 yrs since the pilot. she lost her grandparents, friends, was almost raped, is an alien, and a billion more things that mean she needs someone to talk to that isn’t undead, or jason lol. loved this season and as always cant wait for next. Waiting sucks :p

Comment by B. Williams – September 13, 2011 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Even if you don’t like Tara, you have to realize her importance to others. Tara’s Sookie’s family. In the last episode, we all saw how much she craves family when she pleaded with her grandmother to stay. And you want to take what’s essentially her sister away from her because you don’t like her? That’s not how family works and if this last episode didn’t demonstrate that very clearly with Tommy, I don’t know what will. Anyone who wants Sookie to suffer just that much more has no right to accuse TB writers of adding in unnecessary drama. Personally, I tend to like Tara for her willingness to say things that most of us just wish we could say. She can be annoying when she won’t listen to reason and can storm into bad ideas by being hotheaded, but who hasn’t done that in their life? Look at what Terry said in the last episode about how horrible he was when he came back from war- traumatized people can be obnoxious, but you go through Tara’s trials and see if you come out perky and adorable. I think the series is going to explore trauma a lot more with Terry’s new friend coming to town/Arlene’s warning. And to the jerk who thinks Rutina looks like a man- I thought she looked especially cute this season.

The blatant foreshadowing of Sookie screaming “HELP!” is just a more dramatic interpretation of what happens to Tara in book 5 anyway *SPOILER*, where Sookie makes a bargain with Eric for Tara’s life. Since they’ve already resolved the kidnap/rape vampire issue with Tara, they’re having to integrate her story in a new way. Removing Tara from season 5 should be the last thing on any book purist’s mind.

So here’s how I see it going down. Lafayette’s not deaf- he’s going to come thundering downstairs to find his cousins (Sookie’s his family too at this point) in a puddle of blood. Not sure if he can manage to summon up Jesus’ Tio now that Marnie’s not gunking up the works, but with Holly’s inferences about magic being a matter of anger and intent, its a possibility he might be able to help. Sookie has proved able to do cool stuff when she’s emotionally juiced, but she might be panicking too much to do any fairy-style healing assuming she’s got that ability. Maybe Andy’s new bed buddy comes in and helps out, who knows? I have a feeling that it’ll be a combination of factors that go into saving Tara if she gets to survive as a human.

Vampire blood at this point might or might not do anything, but two other males who aren’t deaf (and have hearing far beyond human ability AND varying degrees of blood connection to Sookie) are going to perk up and come running. She hasn’t revoked anyone’s invitations, I’m sure at least one will likely rip open his wrist and drip into Tara’s head purely because of the distress its causing Sookie. They can talk big around Nan, but anyone familiar with the series can tell you neither man stops loving her. Maybe it’ll work if its done quickly, especially since they’re filled with fairy-esque blood. In this scenario, it’ll be interesting to see Tara have to wrestle with the notion that a vampire saved her life twice, especially given what happens when a vampire gets into your bloodstream. She might start seeing vampires as individuals possessing both good and bad traits, who can be both kind and cruel like any human. If she becomes a vamp, that might integrate a plotline from another book *SPOILER* where a vamp is troubled rectifying his former nature with his new one. A particularly hilarious plot point might be if Tara and Pam end up sisters- the look on Pam’s face at having TARA as a new baby sister would be priceless! “Now Pam, this doesn’t mean we love you any less…” *cracks up* At least Sookie already has a built-in hidey hole!

*SPOILER* the act of shooting Debbie, more specifically the hiding of said act is a major thorn. If Sookie makes a deal, it might actually be more for the purposes of hiding Debbie than saving Tara. I don’t think Russell will enter into the saving part and he might actually play more of an Iago in season 5, making people do what he wants. I think he wants death to feel like a release compared to the misery he plans to rain down on everyone. I think he probably turned Newlin. Newlin flashing his fangs at Jason is an empty threat, because he can’t get in without an invite and Jessica might still be near enough by to feel Jason’s fear if he ends up in real trouble doing something stupid. She can handle baby trash like Newlin ;). He’s likely there to taunt/menace/deliver a message.

I got slightly bored during this season, but when I came back to it i got sucked right back in- its easier to get off V than TB ;).

Comment by liliaceae83 – September 17, 2011 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YEAH!! She will be back! Sookie won’t lose her BFF!

Comment by Liz – September 13, 2011 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “And I really liked the humor in Tara that we got towards the end. It felt like Season 1 Tara with the one-liners. It was fun getting back to the sassy Tara.”

YES! I thought she was more victim-y in the beginning of the season and towards the end she was Season 1 Tara again. Loved it. Always loved her, no matter what. I would’ve been pissed if she really died. And I want her girlfriend to come back next season.

Comment by J – September 13, 2011 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg! Knowing that Tara will be back in season 5 is a huge relief! I Love her

Comment by Chris – September 13, 2011 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still light headed over the finale; I counted a good 14 dead or near dead humans, paranormals, minions, Wiccas and Other in the last two eps.

Can we get an interview with the one and only Ginger? She is such a terrific character, her bonding with Pam was so sweet. Ginger’s caterwauling exits staggering in her heels always lay me out.

Comment by Plum – September 13, 2011 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely love Tara, but I want her to be allowed to be happy on the show. So Alan Ball: Please have Tara become a vampire and be with her ex-girlfriend again. :)

Comment by KatD – September 13, 2011 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! I want a happy Tara! Put in a little contrast to all the gloom otherwise it gets tiresome. Though I will be sad to lose the best human character they’ve got.

Comment by Emily – September 13, 2011 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you want a real “shooting out someones brains” scene then The Walking Dead has them by the bucket load. That True Blood scene was nothing but a little graze in comparison, and for no moment in time did I believe she was a gonna and wouldn’t be returning. Makes me wonder why the TB people didn’t amp up the gore to insert some unsurity into the viewers minds.

Comment by Fido – September 13, 2011 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Check out the ORIGINAL Tara in action before actress Rutina Wessley landed the gig…

Interesting glimpse of what could have been…

Comment by Remote Patrolled – September 13, 2011 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • thank god they chose the lovely rutina wesley instead

Comment by mbb – September 13, 2011 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thankfully, Tara is alive, that’s enough of my favorite characters die almost every time the mems.

Love Tara <3

Comment by gabriel – September 13, 2011 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I personally think that her character is going to come back as a zombie. I mean if you really think about it,zombies are one of the very few supernatural elements that have not been thrown into the whole True Blood mix as of yet. I, for one , do not care what Tara comes back as, just glad she’s coming back. She is awesome.

Comment by Jennifer – September 13, 2011 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! I cried when Tara got shot, I love her. I’m so so happy that she’s coming back, she’s my favorite human! I think she should stay human, because, even though she’s physically weaker than most people, she doesn’t show it. uh, uh. :-)

Comment by Loren – September 13, 2011 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! thank god! Tara may not be the most “popular” character right now (I guess an outspoken black woman is too much for people huh?) but I’m glad Rutina still has a job.

Comment by PhantasyLover – September 13, 2011 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No disrespect intended to Rutina, who is a good actress and did the best she could with Tara as written, but I don’t want Tara back at all. I actually cheered when she was shot in the head, because frankly the way that character behaves it was about time. The only one more stupid is Sookie, and as main characters usually get a Get Out Of Stupidity Free card she’s unlikely to be killed off. It seems all Tara does is make bad decisions for which she blames everyone else, yell at Sookie and play victim. She might as well be toast.

Comment by ChristyA – September 13, 2011 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i do agree with this comment..

Comment by i agree – September 13, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m from Louisiana. Her attempt at a southern accent is insulting. Literally any actors could do better. The actors on the show from OTHER countries have much much much better accents. She ruins the show, it’s really too bad. I cringe when she talks. I’m glad y’all agree, it’s a travesty.

Comment by Jerry – September 5, 2013 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Her character would make a good, evil vampire. I would much rather she was killed outright though. I’m pretty sick of the whole sanctimonious Tara thing.

Comment by mgb – September 13, 2011 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post