Exclusive

House Exclusive: Wentworth Miller Checks In!

Prison Break‘s Wentworth Miller has booked a guest stint on House, but the iconic TV convict will (sadly) not be rubbing elbows with Hugh Laurie’s titular doc behind bars.

House First Look: Check Out the Season 8 Poster!

House creator David Shore tells TVLine exclusively that Wentworth will appear as a patient of the week in an episode that takes place after Dr. Crankypants gets sprung from jail.

“He plays a real altruist,” says Shore. “And there’s some question as to whether that’s his symptom or not.”

Save for a 2009 guest stint on Law & Order: SVU, Miller has kept a relatively low TV profile since wrapping up his Prison stint more than two years ago. His House episode is slated to air in late October.

House Scoops and Spoilers are Running 24/7 on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello

House kicks off its eighth and possibly final season on Monday, Oct. 3.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, Fall TV Preview, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Jenny says:

Where has he been?!I miss Michael Scofield!!

2. Chris says:

Haven’t we already had a patient who was just so nice and altruistic that it had to be a symptom of some disease? I guess the theme of season 8 is “recycling,” TPTB are going green!

• Kendall says:

I know it was hard to pay attention to anything other than the Huddy trainwreck, but they reworked a bunch of old stories last season.

And, just going by the fact that this guy is an altruist, I wouldn’t say that’s automatically recycling a plot. House’s natural cynicism is a cornerstone of the show and it’s always been a story when he ran up against someone who isn’t entirely self-serving that he questions their authenticity.

• Zion says:

I agree with you, Chris. We’ve seen this so many times already in one form or another I almost was bored just reading the sentence-“someone has a good quality in his character? Oh, well, it must be a symptom or something must be wrong with him.. Let’s debate it for an episode and see who’s right (usually House).” With all the changes, etc. this season, I’ve decided to skip House this season. And all the spoilers that have come out for the new season have just reinforced this feeling.

• Sila says:

Why, yes we did ! ‘ No More Mr. Nice Guy’. Seems David Shore said all he had to say by Season 5.
      Can’t they afford continuity people to catch this stuff ?

• Red Nichols says:

Well said, Chris. Despite its compelling cast, House jumped the shark in terms of plotlines ages ago. . .

• uhyeahright says:

You’re right Chris. I haven’t even been watching every episode of House (just casually throughout the years) and I’ve already seen that “Good Guy meets House; House subsequently eats him for lunch” several times already.

3. Melody says:

I’m a fan of Wentworth and seeing him in anything will get me to tune in.

4. Ris says:

I’m very happy we will see him on our televisions again…it’s been a while! It will be great to feast on his work for an entire HOUSE episode.

5. mary wem says:

wentworth is back to tv…yeah…one more reason to watch house

6. sara says:

DR CRANKYPANT good Lord man how many times do you think you can say this and still have it be funny or original or anything other than a monumental testament to how little imagination you have or how little you actually understand the character.

I’ll send you the money to hire someone to come up with a new name for House, anything. AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGG

7. Beth says:

Haven’t watched House since the beginning of last season… But this will get me to watch at least one episode this year!!!! Love Wentworth Miller.

8. D says:

Why has no one gotten an interview with Charlene Yi yet? Is she not avaiable? Am I the only who cares? Annable is doing promotion and interviews left and right.

9. Guess says:

I already quit on House because, at least to me, without Cuddy it’s not worth it but I wish them good luck just the same.

10. Plum says:

Wentworth Miller so pretty. Me like.

11. Carol says:

Recycling old plot lines is the least of their worries at “House” this season. As indicated by the lackluster spoilers and the utterly atrocious orange promotional poster released yesterday, the show runners seem to have just stopped trying altogether. Without passion, intelligence, complexity and commitment, what is “House” anymore?

• Ellen says:

Unfortunately, it would be the same as it has been over the past couple of years, Carol. I also hated the orange promotional poster, but I am hoping for something better this season. It couldn’t possibly be any worse than the awfulness that was “Huddy.”

• D says:

Lackluster spoilers? All we’ve been told is he goes to jail, and he’s asked to not screw up for a week. As far as I’m concerned, promos aren’t spoilers.
      As for the promotional image, nice try, but that’s Fox’s marketing department. No one involved in the show on a creative level has ever done any of the posters.
      Without intelligence and complexity, what is “Carol”? Just someone committed to being passionate about hating a show for no good reason. Or, there are reasons she’s not sharing.

• Dani says:

Actually I seem to remember Hugh Laurie being responsible for the Breaking Bad style promos at the start of season 6 as one of his inaugural duties as a producer. The House team are involved with everything aside from how Fox edit down the eps for the weekly promos.

12. Bella says:

I’d forgotten all about him, I’m embarassed to say. I haven’t watched House for at least a couple of years, but I’ll tune in to this episode to see Mr. Miller.

13. nitemar says:

I’ll probably make an exception and watch this episode. Not enthusiastic wth House anymore, it’s become obsolete for me.

14. Pat D. says:

Wentworth should go back to SVU….his character was AWESOME on that show in the brief time he was on. I’ve always thought he would be the perfect replacement for Stabler.

• Leiney says:

This! Total agreement here!

• Emma says:

Hi Pat D. You have hit the nail on the head. I agree with you. The character of Nate Kendall had a lot of potential and by the looks of the other comments we would view anything that Wentworth Miller appeared in. I have not viewed a single episode of House but when WM appeared in it I did. I have watched Law and Order SVU from the very beginning but over the past months have been disappointed that WM did not make a second appearance. I am glad that Christopher Meloni has left, his charcter was getting me down a little. All I can say about SVU is thank goodness for Munch and Fin, their double act is priceless. Take care and keep well. Emma

15. Daniel says:

D said;<>

Well isn’t it obvious why?! Because maybe they think she’s not pretty enough as the other one & no one will care for her. After all, OA was mainly chosen so she’ll be the eye candy for men so they continue watching the show. While CY’s character must be the comic relief. Even though OA CAN’T ACT while CY CAN.
    I expect that all the shining light will be on OA’s character this season because she’s the new pretty female lead & that alone is a turn off for me.I can’t imagine her having heavy scenes with HL.It will only show how poor acting skills she has even more!
    Well done casting another weak actress for the sake of the looks!
    P.S : I’m not a Huddy , Cuddy or even LE fan.

16. H says:

Miss seeing Wentworth Miller on my TV!! Where as he been since Prison Break?? I have to admit, I love House but I stopped watching it due to having other shows to watch and just not being too interested. Too late for me to catch back up but I’ll definitely be watching this episode! :)

17. Puckleberry says:

Still a House fan. This series hasn’t been as good as it once was, but I am still watching. Knowing Wentworth Miller will guest star is a bonus. I must admit I am glad season 8 will be the last one. I cannot take any more declining quality from a fave tv show.

18. jason says:

Love him…this guy needs more job offers..although he probably turns alot down..he wrote 2 scripts..one which the movie will be out next year that supposed to real good..”Stoker”

19. Aileen says:

I am so excited for this episode. Anything with Wentworth please. :O)
    I miss him so much.

20. crystal says:

I want to see him as Quinn in True Blood!!!

21. brizzy says:

miller is ma boi n seein him in house show just keeps d fun comin

22. tejiri atarie says:

House,has always been very interesting irrespective of the storyline & outcome at d end,dat being said,I think,House should @least be wrong a few more times,& de should get us some fresh stories.it needs serious injection of new ideas.

23. Bernice says:

This cannot and must not be the final season!!!!!!!!!!

• Rina Streuderst says:

I LOVE House and it will be a very sad day if the series is to stop. I never over analyse a show but just sit back and enjoy. Love Hugh Laurie when he gets that MAD look.

24. kc says:

This has been my favorite show when it started and sure it will be when it ends any body bitches about the show they did fine with yah and do fine without you…just saying I read some posts :)

25. Kimberley Oliver says:

The “nice guy” who obviously had to be sick because he was so nice had a real disorder known as William’s syndrome…only a jerk like House could find politeness and kindness to be symptoms in general of a serious personality deficit. People with WS are often friendly, and interested in people but they have their days and are still very kind as adults but also suffer from anxiety and even shyness. That is all about WS. About the 8th season, I am very exited because maybe some rules made by people that he can’t manipulate and being around people he can’t hurt will teach him some compassion; or at least how better to handle to next break-up much better!

26. kitty says:

The plot line on House is getting too predictable to be entertaining. However, Wentworth Miller…… oh yeah! I’ll be watching that particular episode.

27. Robin says:

All Dr.’s are “Crankypants”- I agree House is Way More complex and Brillant than that term!

28. girlie macabali says:

i miss u so much michael(w.m) i really you’ll have ur own series,anyway thx at least i have a glimpse of ur prowess in House.

29. Lynne Mattison says:

HOuse started out “like a house on fire”1 Brilliant story lines, great sexual tension between him and Lisa Edelstein as his boss.
    THen, and up to now, it seems like the writers of ER came to HOUSE.
    Everything goes wrong for the people we care about.
    They wind up in terrible situations. 13 had to euthanize her brother.
    I hope the expectant father gets to keep his baby.
    I hope SOMEONE winds up happy, and in a normal relationship.
    Please, don’t let anyone get their arm amputated by a helicopter blade!

30. Nathan says:

He lives! Man from the end of prison break I was getting kinda worried! It was so sad

31. Eraina Hamptob says:

I missed him too! I loved him in Prison Break. I was a couch magnet and eyes glued to the tv show. I missed the show and was highly upset when they aired another show on its place. It didnt end right and needs to be brought back on the air. One show I made it my business to watch. Networks always cancel the good stuff and keep the dumb crap on the air. True Prison Break Fan.

• emilly says:

you are so right, P.B. was the one show that needed a good ending. Due to the writers strike they came up with an awful season 4! Why not introduce him as a dreamy doctor on House?? Will definetely watch this episode, they should call it quitts though.

32. Joan says:

I think they should find a character/role for him in ‘The Walking Dead’ so he and Sarah Wayne Callies could be together again. They had such great chemistry. I know, Sarah’s character is married, but he could be a close friend. lol

33. Renee says:

I just love Hugh. The heck with who else is on. I sit and watch rerun upon rerun. It would be a shame to see the show go but, there is just not to much more House can cure is there? Seems as though he has been there done that. But I love the show and Hugh even though!

34. tina says:

Soooo glad to hear that Wentworth Miller will be appearing on House. It has been too long since I’ve seen your face on t.v…..I just loved you in Prison Break. That was an awesome show. So sad that it ended….. Hope to see Wentworth in another exciting series before too long.

35. Ammaday says:

Gud news, I am waiting 4 HOUSE or other…

36. Nicole says:

WENTWORTH MILLERR I LOVEEEE YOUUUU :D
    I’m so happy i get to see him on t.v again :)

37. benny g says:

Hopefully Olivia wilde will be in that episode back then he was cool on prison break and she still kinda hot so….. I just think it may be interesting

38. Apeke says:

I am so in love with Wentworth..
    He is my bestie..muahhh!!!

39. mohammad ali says:

i think prison break is the best film in world and Mr miller . i never forget this man and this film I think Mr miller is my brother thank you

40. Lindsay says:

I also miss Michael Scofield.
    Where are you??????????????
    Come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

41. Diane Miller says:

Hey cuz… good to see you out there again! Love you, Diane