Fall TV Preview

House Exclusive: Wentworth Miller Checks In!

Prison Break‘s Wentworth Miller has booked a guest stint on House, but the iconic TV convict will (sadly) not be rubbing elbows with Hugh Laurie’s titular doc behind bars.

House First Look: Check Out the Season 8 Poster!

House creator David Shore tells TVLine exclusively that Wentworth will appear as a patient of the week in an episode that takes place after Dr. Crankypants gets sprung from jail.

“He plays a real altruist,” says Shore. “And there’s some question as to whether that’s his symptom or not.”

Save for a 2009 guest stint on Law & Order: SVU, Miller has kept a relatively low TV profile since wrapping up his Prison stint more than two years ago. His House episode is slated to air in late October.

House Scoops and Spoilers are Running 24/7 on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello

House kicks off its eighth and possibly final season on Monday, Oct. 3.

Comments (60)

• Where has he been?!I miss Michael Scofield!!

Comment by Jenny – September 12, 2011 11:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Playing Chris Redfield on “Resident Evil: Afterlife”.

Comment by Marc Ouellette – September 14, 2011 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree Jenny!!

Comment by Alfie_Fan – September 14, 2011 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      We miss Michael Scofield so much!!!

Comment by Lindsay – October 18, 2011 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haven’t we already had a patient who was just so nice and altruistic that it had to be a symptom of some disease? I guess the theme of season 8 is “recycling,” TPTB are going green!

Comment by Chris – September 13, 2011 12:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know it was hard to pay attention to anything other than the Huddy trainwreck, but they reworked a bunch of old stories last season.

And, just going by the fact that this guy is an altruist, I wouldn’t say that’s automatically recycling a plot. House’s natural cynicism is a cornerstone of the show and it’s always been a story when he ran up against someone who isn’t entirely self-serving that he questions their authenticity.

Comment by Kendall – September 13, 2011 01:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you, Chris. We’ve seen this so many times already in one form or another I almost was bored just reading the sentence-”someone has a good quality in his character? Oh, well, it must be a symptom or something must be wrong with him.. Let’s debate it for an episode and see who’s right (usually House).” With all the changes, etc. this season, I’ve decided to skip House this season. And all the spoilers that have come out for the new season have just reinforced this feeling.

Comment by Zion – September 13, 2011 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why, yes we did ! ‘ No More Mr. Nice Guy’. Seems David Shore said all he had to say by Season 5.
      Can’t they afford continuity people to catch this stuff ?

Comment by Sila – September 14, 2011 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well said, Chris. Despite its compelling cast, House jumped the shark in terms of plotlines ages ago. . .

Comment by Red Nichols – September 15, 2011 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re right Chris. I haven’t even been watching every episode of House (just casually throughout the years) and I’ve already seen that “Good Guy meets House; House subsequently eats him for lunch” several times already.

Comment by uhyeahright – September 17, 2011 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a fan of Wentworth and seeing him in anything will get me to tune in.

Comment by Melody – September 13, 2011 12:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m very happy we will see him on our televisions again…it’s been a while! It will be great to feast on his work for an entire HOUSE episode.

Comment by Ris – September 13, 2011 01:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wentworth is back to tv…yeah…one more reason to watch house

Comment by mary wem – September 13, 2011 01:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DR CRANKYPANT good Lord man how many times do you think you can say this and still have it be funny or original or anything other than a monumental testament to how little imagination you have or how little you actually understand the character.

I’ll send you the money to hire someone to come up with a new name for House, anything. AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Comment by sara – September 13, 2011 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really love this comment, I do.

Comment by Greg – September 25, 2011 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haven’t watched House since the beginning of last season… But this will get me to watch at least one episode this year!!!! Love Wentworth Miller.

Comment by Beth – September 13, 2011 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why has no one gotten an interview with Charlene Yi yet? Is she not avaiable? Am I the only who cares? Annable is doing promotion and interviews left and right.

Comment by D – September 13, 2011 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Second that. Charlyne Yi is the sexy one, in my opinion.

Comment by Clyde – September 14, 2011 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I already quit on House because, at least to me, without Cuddy it’s not worth it but I wish them good luck just the same.

Comment by Guess – September 13, 2011 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wentworth Miller so pretty. Me like.

Comment by Plum – September 13, 2011 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Recycling old plot lines is the least of their worries at “House” this season. As indicated by the lackluster spoilers and the utterly atrocious orange promotional poster released yesterday, the show runners seem to have just stopped trying altogether. Without passion, intelligence, complexity and commitment, what is “House” anymore?

Comment by Carol – September 13, 2011 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Unfortunately, it would be the same as it has been over the past couple of years, Carol. I also hated the orange promotional poster, but I am hoping for something better this season. It couldn’t possibly be any worse than the awfulness that was “Huddy.”

Comment by Ellen – September 13, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lackluster spoilers? All we’ve been told is he goes to jail, and he’s asked to not screw up for a week. As far as I’m concerned, promos aren’t spoilers.
      As for the promotional image, nice try, but that’s Fox’s marketing department. No one involved in the show on a creative level has ever done any of the posters.
      Without intelligence and complexity, what is “Carol”? Just someone committed to being passionate about hating a show for no good reason. Or, there are reasons she’s not sharing.

Comment by D – September 13, 2011 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually I seem to remember Hugh Laurie being responsible for the Breaking Bad style promos at the start of season 6 as one of his inaugural duties as a producer. The House team are involved with everything aside from how Fox edit down the eps for the weekly promos.

Comment by Dani – September 13, 2011 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d forgotten all about him, I’m embarassed to say. I haven’t watched House for at least a couple of years, but I’ll tune in to this episode to see Mr. Miller.

Comment by Bella – September 13, 2011 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll probably make an exception and watch this episode. Not enthusiastic wth House anymore, it’s become obsolete for me.

Comment by nitemar – September 13, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wentworth should go back to SVU….his character was AWESOME on that show in the brief time he was on. I’ve always thought he would be the perfect replacement for Stabler.

Comment by Pat D. – September 13, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This! Total agreement here!

Comment by Leiney – September 13, 2011 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hi Pat D. You have hit the nail on the head. I agree with you. The character of Nate Kendall had a lot of potential and by the looks of the other comments we would view anything that Wentworth Miller appeared in. I have not viewed a single episode of House but when WM appeared in it I did. I have watched Law and Order SVU from the very beginning but over the past months have been disappointed that WM did not make a second appearance. I am glad that Christopher Meloni has left, his charcter was getting me down a little. All I can say about SVU is thank goodness for Munch and Fin, their double act is priceless. Take care and keep well. Emma

Comment by Emma – November 22, 2011 03:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • D said;<>

Well isn’t it obvious why?! Because maybe they think she’s not pretty enough as the other one & no one will care for her. After all, OA was mainly chosen so she’ll be the eye candy for men so they continue watching the show. While CY’s character must be the comic relief. Even though OA CAN’T ACT while CY CAN.
    I expect that all the shining light will be on OA’s character this season because she’s the new pretty female lead & that alone is a turn off for me.I can’t imagine her having heavy scenes with HL.It will only show how poor acting skills she has even more!
    Well done casting another weak actress for the sake of the looks!
    P.S : I’m not a Huddy , Cuddy or even LE fan.

Comment by Daniel – September 13, 2011 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Miss seeing Wentworth Miller on my TV!! Where as he been since Prison Break?? I have to admit, I love House but I stopped watching it due to having other shows to watch and just not being too interested. Too late for me to catch back up but I’ll definitely be watching this episode! :)

Comment by H – September 13, 2011 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still a House fan. This series hasn’t been as good as it once was, but I am still watching. Knowing Wentworth Miller will guest star is a bonus. I must admit I am glad season 8 will be the last one. I cannot take any more declining quality from a fave tv show.

Comment by Puckleberry – September 13, 2011 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love him…this guy needs more job offers..although he probably turns alot down..he wrote 2 scripts..one which the movie will be out next year that supposed to real good..”Stoker”

Comment by jason – September 13, 2011 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited for this episode. Anything with Wentworth please. :O)
    I miss him so much.

Comment by Aileen – September 13, 2011 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to see him as Quinn in True Blood!!!

Comment by crystal – September 14, 2011 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • miller is ma boi n seein him in house show just keeps d fun comin

Comment by brizzy – September 14, 2011 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • House,has always been very interesting irrespective of the storyline & outcome at d end,dat being said,I think,House should @least be wrong a few more times,& de should get us some fresh stories.it needs serious injection of new ideas.

Comment by tejiri atarie – September 14, 2011 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This cannot and must not be the final season!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Bernice – September 14, 2011 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I LOVE House and it will be a very sad day if the series is to stop. I never over analyse a show but just sit back and enjoy. Love Hugh Laurie when he gets that MAD look.

Comment by Rina Streuderst – September 14, 2011 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This has been my favorite show when it started and sure it will be when it ends any body bitches about the show they did fine with yah and do fine without you…just saying I read some posts :)

Comment by kc – September 14, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree whole-heartedly……House is an awesome show.

Comment by tina – September 15, 2011 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. House is unique and entertaining. House and Wilson are so funny. If those people don’t like it, then they should not watch. There are plenty of us that do.

Comment by Debbie – October 1, 2011 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The “nice guy” who obviously had to be sick because he was so nice had a real disorder known as William’s syndrome…only a jerk like House could find politeness and kindness to be symptoms in general of a serious personality deficit. People with WS are often friendly, and interested in people but they have their days and are still very kind as adults but also suffer from anxiety and even shyness. That is all about WS. About the 8th season, I am very exited because maybe some rules made by people that he can’t manipulate and being around people he can’t hurt will teach him some compassion; or at least how better to handle to next break-up much better!

Comment by Kimberley Oliver – September 14, 2011 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The plot line on House is getting too predictable to be entertaining. However, Wentworth Miller…… oh yeah! I’ll be watching that particular episode.

Comment by kitty – September 14, 2011 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All Dr.’s are “Crankypants”- I agree House is Way More complex and Brillant than that term!

Comment by Robin – September 14, 2011 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i miss u so much michael(w.m) i really you’ll have ur own series,anyway thx at least i have a glimpse of ur prowess in House.

Comment by girlie macabali – September 14, 2011 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HOuse started out “like a house on fire”1 Brilliant story lines, great sexual tension between him and Lisa Edelstein as his boss.
    THen, and up to now, it seems like the writers of ER came to HOUSE.
    Everything goes wrong for the people we care about.
    They wind up in terrible situations. 13 had to euthanize her brother.
    I hope the expectant father gets to keep his baby.
    I hope SOMEONE winds up happy, and in a normal relationship.
    Please, don’t let anyone get their arm amputated by a helicopter blade!

Comment by Lynne Mattison – September 14, 2011 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He lives! Man from the end of prison break I was getting kinda worried! It was so sad

Comment by Nathan – September 14, 2011 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I missed him too! I loved him in Prison Break. I was a couch magnet and eyes glued to the tv show. I missed the show and was highly upset when they aired another show on its place. It didnt end right and needs to be brought back on the air. One show I made it my business to watch. Networks always cancel the good stuff and keep the dumb crap on the air. True Prison Break Fan.

Comment by Eraina Hamptob – September 14, 2011 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you are so right, P.B. was the one show that needed a good ending. Due to the writers strike they came up with an awful season 4! Why not introduce him as a dreamy doctor on House?? Will definetely watch this episode, they should call it quitts though.

Comment by emilly – October 5, 2011 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think they should find a character/role for him in ‘The Walking Dead’ so he and Sarah Wayne Callies could be together again. They had such great chemistry. I know, Sarah’s character is married, but he could be a close friend. lol

Comment by Joan – September 14, 2011 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just love Hugh. The heck with who else is on. I sit and watch rerun upon rerun. It would be a shame to see the show go but, there is just not to much more House can cure is there? Seems as though he has been there done that. But I love the show and Hugh even though!

Comment by Renee – September 15, 2011 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Soooo glad to hear that Wentworth Miller will be appearing on House. It has been too long since I’ve seen your face on t.v…..I just loved you in Prison Break. That was an awesome show. So sad that it ended….. Hope to see Wentworth in another exciting series before too long.

Comment by tina – September 15, 2011 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gud news, I am waiting 4 HOUSE or other…

Comment by Ammaday – September 22, 2011 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WENTWORTH MILLERR I LOVEEEE YOUUUU :D
    I’m so happy i get to see him on t.v again :)

Comment by Nicole – September 30, 2011 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully Olivia wilde will be in that episode back then he was cool on prison break and she still kinda hot so….. I just think it may be interesting

Comment by benny g – October 3, 2011 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so in love with Wentworth..
    He is my bestie..muahhh!!!

Comment by Apeke – October 4, 2011 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i think prison break is the best film in world and Mr miller . i never forget this man and this film I think Mr miller is my brother thank you

Comment by mohammad ali – October 7, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also miss Michael Scofield.
    Where are you??????????????