Fall TV Poll: What Will You Watch on Sundays?

The Fall TV season is right around the corner, and some tough viewing choices are coming. Let’s see what your gameplan is for Sunday night.

Fall TV Survival Guide: News, Scoops, Premiere Calendar

Each day* this week — during “the calm before the storm” — I’ve been showing you the grid for that night’s line-up, including Big 5 fare and select cable listings. You then vote for what you plan to watch LIVE during each time slot, since live-ish viewership is still the gold standard when it comes to ratings, whether we like it or not. (*Yes, we’re skipping Saturday since I know you’ll all be watching Rules of Engagement; don’t want to break PollDaddy, after all.)

Fall TV Polls: What Will You Watch Live on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday?

One last caveat before we get to the polls: This is not a popularity contest. Organizing a robo-vote for a certain show will not keep the walkers from gnoshing on your brains when that day comes. So have faith in the merit of your individual choices, then watch to see how many others legitimately ally with you.

NOTES ABOUT THE SUNDAY GRID: This represent the face-offs taking place for at least six weeks of the fall TV season; that is why AMC’s Hell on Wheels (premiering Nov. 6) is included, while Breaking Bad (which finales Oct. 9) is not. Details on new shows (indicated by *) can be found at these links: Allen Gregory, Hell on Wheels, Homeland, Once Upon a Time, Pan Am.

1. FayeD says:

I will be watching The Good Wife live and using my DVR for Desperate Housewives. The Good Wife is “appointment tv” for me.

2. Juan says:

Definately ABC all day, gonna be a good night

3. Carmen says:

These unscientific polls are such a joke. Just incredibly unreliable for anyone who actually thinks they could possibly mean anything.
    Which amazingly some people do.
    For instance, I note from the results above that Sunday Night Football gets ratings of between 5% to 12% of the totals.
    Does anyone actually belive that.
    When the actual results are in, SNF will get upwards of 20 million viewers (18 on a bad night) and will, in all liklihood, double the others combined.
    But reading results from polls like this would suggest that SNF would be cancelled 3 weeks into the season.

4. merikat says:

I am so looking forward to the return of The Walking Dead. I’ll watch Sunday Night Football, too, if the match-ups are interesting to me.

5. ladyhelix says:

I had to cut back to “less than basic” cable (expenses go up – paycheck doesn’t), so I’ll be watching DVD’s or visiting friends.

6. Adria says:

People still watch live TV? Huh. That just seems so 2002.

7. jenn says:

I think I’m more excited for Friday nights. The only thing I’ll watch live on Sundays is The Walking Dead.

8. SK says:

I don’t have any shows I’m currently following on Sunday, but I’ll try out Pan Am.

9. Sara says:

I watch nothing live. I choose to pay for internet, not cable. Station websites stream most of their shows the next day, and I can wait 12 – 24 hours.

10. Gretchen says:

TiVoing The Good Wife, CSI Miami, Pan Am. Never watch anything live, sorry!

11. Aurora says:

The Good Wife, Dexter, Boardwalk Empire. Can’t some of them go on monday? I guess I will just have to DVR Dexter and Boardwalk Empire.

12. Michelle says:

The good wife
    Pan Am

13. Tee says:

Once Upon a Time and Good Wife, but football may take over.

14. Scott says:

I’ve picked favorites on each of the days/times, but it’s highly unlikely I’ll truly be watching any of them “live”. I DVR everything and then watch it later. Sometimes in the middle of the show recording, I start watching it, but I rarely ever watch anything “live” even though I generally watch TV in the 8-11 PM time period every day. I just time shift to avoid watching most of the commercials, though I’ll occasionally stop and watch one if it catches my eye while fast forwarding.

15. Cat says:

Start the evening with Once Upon a Time. Thank god for on demand! I will be WATCHING Dexter and catching Boardwalk Empire later on demand. Pan Am @ 10 unless it turns out to suck after a couple episodes.

BRING ON MY DEXTER!!!

16. Holly says:

Seems like there should be an option for watching The Good Wife live in the 10 p.m. slot since that’s most likely when it will air after football runs over!

17. MissJess says:

In all likelihood, I’ll be watching Sunday Night Football live, but I’m looking forward to Once Upon A Time and How To Make It In America on DVR!

18. TVDIVA says:

Now that True Blood is over until next summer, I will not be watching anything on Sundays.

19. lawyerchick99 says:

Thank goodness for DVR, that’s all I have to say.

Will watch DH for sure.

Cable gets the rest of my attention. I really like Ginnifer Goodwin but the fantasy show does nothing for me. Pan Am and CSI: Miami? Please I’d rather watch Cupcake Wars and Iron Chef for goodness sakes.

I will DVR Boardwalk Empire and Good Wife so I won’t have to watch The Chew during the day.

My girlfriend DVR’s Dexter at her house since she has Showtime and I have HBO so I won’t miss this great show. She will DVR Homeland so we can see that as well.

20. Edie Russo says:

I love the Good Wife and Dexter, but if CBS does it’s normal football mickey mouse routine I won’t be watching Good Wife any more than I watched CSI: Miami this past season. I have Comcast which doesn’t have the intelligence to record when a show comes on, but only when it is supposed to come on……so. Why can’t they leave their line-ups alone. Tuesday was perfect.

21. axcc says:

Walking Dead On Demand. I prefer to watch it earlier in the evening.

22. Carm says:

This SUCKS!!!!!
    I guess I will watch 1. Desperate Housewives LIVE.
    2. DVR The Good Wife
    3. HBO On Demand after 10:00 pm Boardwalk EMPIRE

23. Cindy says:

Walking Dead, Desperate Housewives and The Good Wife all on a the same time? Hopefully, AMC will repeat Walking Dead throughout the week. If not, then it will by bye bye to Desperate Housewives.

24. laura says:

Who watches anything Live anymore? At a minimum I wait 18 minutes so that I can skip through all the commercials on my Tivo.

25. Tej says:

Homeland for sure. So far all the dramas I watch are deteriorating and all the really good ones like Battlestar Galactica are gone. I need something to replace that and heal the hurt Covert Affairs created when it burst onto the scene in ridiculous Louboutins last year. Just got Showtime so I’m really excited that I won’t have to rely on the notoriously tardy and faulty iTunes to crank out the eps for the season pass. Also I don’t have to pay for my cable but I would have to pay the $40 or so a season pass would be. I may watch Pan Am On Demand but I dont think it will hold my interest long.

26. Clara says:

The Walking Dead is the only show Sunday I am that interested in watching live, but I will probably watch Once Upon A Time to start with to see if I like it, if its no good then I will just do something else while I wait for The Walking Dead to come on, I used to watch Dexter but have missed too many shows so I don’t watch it now,(went without cable for a couple of years).

27. AL says:

I’m really looking forward to Pan Am, but if the Pats are on Sunday Night Football, all bets are off.

28. D says:

Once Upon A Time, Dexter, Homeland. DVR Boardwalk and the Walking Dead, wait for reviews of Hell on Wheels.

29. Erika Carolyn Young says:

I will be watching the best show on tv. CSI:MIAMI#1 the Best cast on tv. Emily Procter, David Carusco, Adam Rodriguez, EvaLarue, Omar Miller, JonTogo and the loveable RexLinn There’s no other show better!!!!! Yeeaaah!!!!