Two and a Half Men × Top 10 = ___ Laughs?

“Lettermennnnnnnn….”

Two and a Half Men stars Jon Cryer, Angus T. Jones and newcomer Ashton Kutcher appeared on Thursday’s Late Show With David Letterman to offer the Top 10 reasons to watch their modified CBS hitcom this fall.

I am Team Letterman all the way, have been since college, and maybe it was simply the guys’ delivery, but I found the list to fall shy in the LOL department. But I am but one man — and perhaps I am just unsettled that Cryer’s wearing almost the exact same shirt I have on today — so go ahead and press PLAY below to make your own assessment. (Men premieres Monday, Sept. 19, at 9/8c.)

1. Steven says:

Angus T. Jones is just too adorable for words.

2. The WB Frog says:

Love Angus. The Top 10s are hit and miss. This one a miss (not the cast of 2 1/2 Men’s fault).

3. Mizzfrizz says:

You’re right, Matt, it’s not funny. Bad lines + bad delivery = complete miss.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I read the text version of Angus’ “35 ***damn years old” joke yesterday and on paper it was MUCH funnier, somehow.

4. kevin says:

10. Hope this show earn 2.5 million viewers. 9. Chuck Lorre better earn his paycheck. 8. Angus T. Jones better be best friends with Justin Bieber. 7. Jim Parsons can’t have a “theory” of his own. 6. Give more Krispy Kreme doughnuts to Melissa McCarthy. 5. Les Moonves is about to get Punk’d. 4. Wish Drew Carey could be on that show. 3. Hope CBS doesn’t booked another new crime drama. 2. Charlie Sheen better hook up with one of the Dancing With the Stars female pros. 1. Better hope Two and a Half Men gets CANCELLED.

5. Gina says:

Unfunny. I only liked Ashton’s “Dude Where’s My Car 2″ line. Poor delivery. Poor script. Just bad.

6. SK says:

I just read the list, but most of them weren’t that funny. I did like the “Dude Where’s My Car 2″ and the one with the HIMYM reference, though!

7. Annonyed says:

I’m using an iPad. I see no play to press. Get with the times and learn how to post videos everyone can see.

8. Katie says:

There were a couple of good ones, but like most of the Top Tens, I didn’t find it too funny. Of course I don’t really think Dave or Jay’s shows are that funny overall. I think the 2 Jimmys are the best.

• Tusk says:

First of All, Craig Ferguson is THE funniest late night host. Secondly, I can barely watch Letterman anymore, because most of the time he seems either disinterested in the guest he is interviewing or clueless who the guest is or has done.
      There are also those awkward pauses when no one is laughing because no one can figure out if what Letterman just said was a joke, a mistaken reference (John Folgeberg? in video above), or demetia is setting in fast.
      It’s depressing to watch.
      Until the cursing rabbit pops up during the Craig Ferguson show after Letterman…HI-larious :)

9. Will the Cashew says:

After the segment Letterman made a comment about how it looked like they thought it was just a rehearsal. At first I thought he was joking, but that could very well be the reason for their lack of energy. After all, they did seem a little lackluster.

10. D says:

I don’t think Letterman’s writers quite understand how many people would actually go see Dude Where’s My Car? 2.

11. reng says:

I thought the Top 10s were OK, but the delivery not so much.
    Angus sure got cute over the summer, though.

12. Michael says:

10, 5, and 2 made me LOL.

13. Janine says:

I agree. I am a HUGE Letterman fan (even went to a taping of the show) but this top ten was a bust. And Yes I do think it was the delivery of the “men” cast that ruined it. None of them really seemed like the wanted to be there…and if this list is any indication of what is to come on the new show than I was right in my desire to not watch.
    If you want a really funny top ten google the one Josh Groban did a couple weeks ago where each number was in song form. I still laughed the second and third times I watched it.

14. Gretchen says:

Well, if that’s indicative of what’s to come on the show, I am beyond thrilled to have deleted the Season Pass from my TiVo.

I predict that the first couple episodes will get lots of viewers, then it’s all downhill. Ashton is a horrible actor and without Charlie, the show is nothing.

They should have spun off the show to focus on Berta with Alan and Jake as supporting characters–have her inherit the house, maybe? That would have been funny, would have kept much of the dynamic of the cast and would not have required Ashton and his creepy “billionaire wants to live with single dad and teen son that he doesn’t know” silly storyline.

15. That was awful. And mostly I mean the writing — John Cryer needs you to support him so he can buy a really big new house in a horrible economy. Awesome, and tactful.

Chuck Lorre is going to get paid no matter what, but it really looks like Two and a Half Men is headed for cancellation, and quickly if this is the kind of commitment the cast can bring to a scene.

16. Melody says:

That was uncomfortable to watch.

17. maggie says:

The really bad delivery of the Top Ten List isn’t a good omen for “Two and A Half Men.”

18. julie says:

bring back charlie

19. uhyeahright says:

I think they had low energy from working hard that day on the set. They probably had just gotten done with a bunch of shooting, so they didn’t exactly have time to get their energy up. But I’m not excusing it; they should’ve still had some more energy than that.

20. Hello, i believe that i noticed you visited my site so i came to go back the prefer?
    .I am trying to find issues to enhance my site!I suppose its
    ok to use a few of your concepts!!