Two and a Half Men × Top 10 = ___ Laughs?

Get More: Late Night TV, Video

“Lettermennnnnnnn….”

Two and a Half Men stars Jon Cryer, Angus T. Jones and newcomer Ashton Kutcher appeared on Thursday’s Late Show With David Letterman to offer the Top 10 reasons to watch their modified CBS hitcom this fall.

I am Team Letterman all the way, have been since college, and maybe it was simply the guys’ delivery, but I found the list to fall shy in the LOL department. But I am but one man — and perhaps I am just unsettled that Cryer’s wearing almost the exact same shirt I have on today — so go ahead and press PLAY below to make your own assessment. (Men premieres Monday, Sept. 19, at 9/8c.)

Comments (29)

• Angus T. Jones is just too adorable for words.

Comment by Steven – September 9, 2011 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Angus. The Top 10s are hit and miss. This one a miss (not the cast of 2 1/2 Men’s fault).

Comment by The WB Frog – September 9, 2011 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You’re right, Matt, it’s not funny. Bad lines + bad delivery = complete miss.

Comment by Mizzfrizz – September 9, 2011 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I read the text version of Angus’ “35 ***damn years old” joke yesterday and on paper it was MUCH funnier, somehow.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – September 9, 2011 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 10. Hope this show earn 2.5 million viewers. 9. Chuck Lorre better earn his paycheck. 8. Angus T. Jones better be best friends with Justin Bieber. 7. Jim Parsons can’t have a “theory” of his own. 6. Give more Krispy Kreme doughnuts to Melissa McCarthy. 5. Les Moonves is about to get Punk’d. 4. Wish Drew Carey could be on that show. 3. Hope CBS doesn’t booked another new crime drama. 2. Charlie Sheen better hook up with one of the Dancing With the Stars female pros. 1. Better hope Two and a Half Men gets CANCELLED.

Comment by kevin – September 9, 2011 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Top Ten reasons you watch OR don’t watch the new season of TWO AND A HALF MEN.

Comment by kevin – September 9, 2011 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unfunny. I only liked Ashton’s “Dude Where’s My Car 2″ line. Poor delivery. Poor script. Just bad.

Comment by Gina – September 9, 2011 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • See, I would totally see “DUDE WHERE’S MY CAR? 2″!

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – September 9, 2011 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So would I.

Comment by ErixN – September 9, 2011 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I liked this line too, only because I would also watch “Dude, Where’s My Car 2″.

Comment by Melissa – September 12, 2011 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just read the list, but most of them weren’t that funny. I did like the “Dude Where’s My Car 2″ and the one with the HIMYM reference, though!

Comment by SK – September 9, 2011 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m using an iPad. I see no play to press. Get with the times and learn how to post videos everyone can see.

Comment by Annonyed – September 9, 2011 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hello. We don’t allow flash on the iPad, iPod, and the other iCrap… The reason of course being that ADOBE IS THE DEVILS WORK, APPLE DOESN’T WORK WITH THE DEVIL!

Comment by Steve Jobs – September 9, 2011 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • lol – that made me giggle!

Comment by Naliandrah – September 9, 2011 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There were a couple of good ones, but like most of the Top Tens, I didn’t find it too funny. Of course I don’t really think Dave or Jay’s shows are that funny overall. I think the 2 Jimmys are the best.

Comment by Katie – September 9, 2011 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • First of All, Craig Ferguson is THE funniest late night host. Secondly, I can barely watch Letterman anymore, because most of the time he seems either disinterested in the guest he is interviewing or clueless who the guest is or has done.
      There are also those awkward pauses when no one is laughing because no one can figure out if what Letterman just said was a joke, a mistaken reference (John Folgeberg? in video above), or demetia is setting in fast.
      It’s depressing to watch.
      Until the cursing rabbit pops up during the Craig Ferguson show after Letterman…HI-larious :)

Comment by Tusk – September 9, 2011 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After the segment Letterman made a comment about how it looked like they thought it was just a rehearsal. At first I thought he was joking, but that could very well be the reason for their lack of energy. After all, they did seem a little lackluster.

Comment by Will the Cashew – September 9, 2011 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think Letterman’s writers quite understand how many people would actually go see Dude Where’s My Car? 2.

Comment by D – September 9, 2011 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Demi’s kids are about the only people who would go to see Dude Where’s My Car? 2.

Comment by maggie – September 10, 2011 03:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought the Top 10s were OK, but the delivery not so much.
    Angus sure got cute over the summer, though.

Comment by reng – September 9, 2011 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 10, 5, and 2 made me LOL.

Comment by Michael – September 9, 2011 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree. I am a HUGE Letterman fan (even went to a taping of the show) but this top ten was a bust. And Yes I do think it was the delivery of the “men” cast that ruined it. None of them really seemed like the wanted to be there…and if this list is any indication of what is to come on the new show than I was right in my desire to not watch.
    If you want a really funny top ten google the one Josh Groban did a couple weeks ago where each number was in song form. I still laughed the second and third times I watched it.

Comment by Janine – September 9, 2011 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, if that’s indicative of what’s to come on the show, I am beyond thrilled to have deleted the Season Pass from my TiVo.

I predict that the first couple episodes will get lots of viewers, then it’s all downhill. Ashton is a horrible actor and without Charlie, the show is nothing.

They should have spun off the show to focus on Berta with Alan and Jake as supporting characters–have her inherit the house, maybe? That would have been funny, would have kept much of the dynamic of the cast and would not have required Ashton and his creepy “billionaire wants to live with single dad and teen son that he doesn’t know” silly storyline.

Comment by Gretchen – September 9, 2011 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was awful. And mostly I mean the writing — John Cryer needs you to support him so he can buy a really big new house in a horrible economy. Awesome, and tactful.

Chuck Lorre is going to get paid no matter what, but it really looks like Two and a Half Men is headed for cancellation, and quickly if this is the kind of commitment the cast can bring to a scene.

Comment by Timothy McNeil – September 9, 2011 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was uncomfortable to watch.

Comment by Melody – September 9, 2011 11:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The really bad delivery of the Top Ten List isn’t a good omen for “Two and A Half Men.”

Comment by maggie – September 10, 2011 03:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bring back charlie

Comment by julie – September 10, 2011 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think they had low energy from working hard that day on the set. They probably had just gotten done with a bunch of shooting, so they didn’t exactly have time to get their energy up. But I’m not excusing it; they should’ve still had some more energy than that.

Comment by uhyeahright – September 10, 2011 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello, i believe that i noticed you visited my site so i came to go back the prefer?
    .I am trying to find issues to enhance my site!I suppose its
    ok to use a few of your concepts!!

Comment by Website Hosting – August 6, 2013 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post