Taking the stage to “jokingly” bash the infamous actor are comedians Jon Lovitz, Patrice O’Neal, and Amy Schumer, fan fave William Shatner and… Private Practice‘s Kate Walsh?! So strange, but oddly enough true.
Sheen’s roast shoots this Saturday, to air Monday, Sept. 19 at 10/9c — one hour after the particularly new season of Two and a Half Men debuts.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• An all-new, eight-minute promo for Simon Cowell’s The X Factor will debut this Sunday, following Fox’s afternoon NFL broadcast. Fret not if you miss it — the same teaser will air later that evening during Family Guy.
• Speaking of The X Factor, Brit host Steve Jones is set to co-host Fox’s live Countdown to the Emmys special on Sunday, Sept. 18 with previously announced emcee Nancy O’Dell.
• Zachary Levi will step behind the Chuck camera for a third time in the NBC spy dramedy’s upcoming fifth and final season, and here’s the best part: He’s directing the episode guest-starring his pal Danny Pudi (Community).
• The Hatfields and McCoys cast continues to grow: Jena Malone (Sucker Punch) has joined the TNT miniseries as Nancy McCoy, “Roseanna’s ruthless cousin who uses her feminine wiles to wreak revenge on the Hatflieds,” per The Hollywood Reporter.
• Rescue Me‘s series-ender was red-hot in the ratings on Wednesday night, delivering the FX drama’s largest audience (2.33 million total viewers) since the Season 4 finale. In the coveted 18-49 demo, it marked a high since the Season 5 opener.
• Previous Rizzoli & Isles guest stars Jacqueline Bisset and Billy Burke will return for the TNT drama’s Season 2 finale this December, per The Hollywood Reporter.
Which TVLine Items have you talking?