Glee in Season 3: What Major Life Change Should Mr. Schue Undergo? Take Our Poll!

Get More: Glee, Polls

Will Schuester has spent two seasons of Glee guiding New Directions to show-choir excellence, battling Sue Sylvester for the title of alpha dog in the McKinley High teachers’ lounge, and extracting himself from a miserable marriage to high-school sweetheart Terri. But hopefully, the show’s upcoming season will allow the show’s main adult presence to spread his wings in, um, new directions. Take our poll below to choose which path you’d most like to see Mr. Schue take, then hit the comments to brainstorm further plot lines — as long as they don’t involve him sitting in his car alone, crying while he listens to music.

Comments (101)

• Are you Sean Hayes manager or maybe his mom? Matthew does a terrific job in the roll. I am looking forward to Season 3, 4 and 5.

Comment by Anna – September 10, 2011 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, I simply recognise talent when I see it.
      Your opinion is just that, yours, just as I am entitled to mine. Frankly Mr Schue has become annoying over the last season and many would like to see something fresh on the show or a return to the magic of the first season (where the humour was much edgier and not so damn saccharine all the time).
      No-one else is suggesting any other replacements so I suggested someone I admire but I’m sure there are others too.
      Personally I can see them bring Sean in though as he is so talented (maybe YOU are not aware of his Broadway appearances, musical/singing skills as well as acting etc. but many people are).
      It was merely a suggestion.
      You might be thrilled for more of the same but as you can read in the comments here there are plenty aren’t and would be happy to see Matthew gone.

Comment by Sez – September 10, 2011 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The fandom is hardly the majority, though. From what I’ve heard, A LOT(most?) of people outside the fandom like him. Heck, he has quite a few fans online too, but the haters are more vocal. Plus like his character or not, I think Matthew’s character is important for maintaining the dynamic of the show. I know of people online who hate him but don’t want him to leave simply for that reason.

Comment by Sara – September 10, 2011 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I never said ALL people.
          There are people who want him to stay, people who want him to beggar off, people who want his character to become less annoying and people who love him just as he is. I fall into the 2nd and 3rd categories, just making it clear whether people thinking it’s a matter of being vocal or not there actually are MANY who’d be happy to see him go.
          Not that it probably matters, Ryan Murphy seems to think he’s the most important character in the show and wants to keep him forever.
          If the next season is like the last one I’m out, I miss the greatness of season 1 (and that includes Mr Schue being likeable), it’s getting way too sickly for my taste and needs a major overhaul in the 3rd season or it probably won’t get a 4th.

Comment by Sez – September 10, 2011 11:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • He definitely has a lot of haters, but I think there are JUST as many people who like him as there are those who dislike him. He’s very polarizing, and so are most of the other main characters both online and off.

Comment by Sara – September 11, 2011 01:57 PM PDT
  • All these Will haters are just mad because Will is going to stay for the entire series run on every episode unlike the kids.

Comment by tlc – September 10, 2011 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only thing I want is for him to stop being a jerk. He yells at Kurt and Rachel, but will do anything to support Finn or Quinn and allows Santana to bully others in front of him (he even rewards it).

Comment by Celia – September 12, 2011 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • /\ *Applause* He’s such an awful teacher, it makes me want to gag every time the kids say he’s the best teacher.
      Only thing I was impressed by about him this last season was him telling the kids to call him if they got into trouble when out drinking and he’d make sure they got home safe.

Comment by Sez – September 12, 2011 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kidnapped by (insert cleverly/hysterical plot point) – so he can
    (1) be gone for a few episodes (we need a break), and
    (2) come back and be legitimately less annoying having had such a harrowing experience.
    Jury duty works too.

Comment by ladyhelix – September 12, 2011 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They SHOULD have just let him go to Broadway over the Summer and have a personality transplant as a result (due to success or failure, my instinct says due to the dreadful song preview it would have been the latter).
      There was no reason he couldn’t have gone, he told Emma before he was due to leave that he’d be back before the next term, so why make him stay?
      Simple so they could try to rectify Wemma, which for a lot of people has become stale and boring anyway (I lost interest after the Madonna episode).

Comment by Sez – September 12, 2011 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • An engagement with Emma Pillsbury OR an unplanned pregnancy with Emma Pillsbury. He and Emma have to stay together, they were born for each other. But this “unplanned pregnancy” can not shake their romance. They are cute together. The most beautiful couple of Glee, in my opinion. WEMMA 4EVER ♥

Comment by Paula Sousa – September 12, 2011 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post