Fall TV Preview

Fall TV Poll: What Will You Watch on Fridays?

Get More: Fall TV Preview, Polls

The Fall TV season is right around the corner folks, so some tough viewing choices are coming. Let’s get thinking about them!

TVLine’s Fall TV Survival Guide: News, Scoops, Premiere Calendar and More

Each day this week — during “the calm before the storm” — I’ve been showing you the grid for that night’s line-up, including Big 5 fare and select cable listings. You then vote for what you plan to watch LIVE during each time slot (since live-ish viewership is still the drink-stirrer when it comes to ratings, whether we like it or not).

Fall TV Poll: What Will You Watch Live on Thursdays?

One last caveat before we get to the polls: This is not a popularity contest. Organizing a robo-vote for a certain show will not get Jared and Jensen to drop by your book club. So have faith in the merit of your individual choices, then watch to see how many others legitimately line up aside you.

NOTES ABOUT THE FRIDAY GRID: Grids represent the face-offs taking place for at least six weeks of the fall TV season. Details on new shows (indicated by *) can be found at these links: Kelsey Grammer’s Boss, Patrick Wilson’s A Gifted Man, NBC’s Grimm.

Comments (257)

• Aw yeah Supernatural season 7.

Comment by I'm still just Castiel – September 10, 2011 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FRINGE! Team Lincoln Lee! Where is Peter Bishop ?

Comment by ripleyaeryn – September 10, 2011 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural…if I have the Fridays off and access to cable? I like Fringe too but I’m a huge Sam & Dean fan! I can not wait to see how things play out with Castiel this 7th Season!!

Comment by Misti – September 10, 2011 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe!!!Its more mature,superior acting/writing/special effects/cinematography/music etc..that other show on that other “network” doesn’t compare sorry..its the truth,live with.

Comment by Kathryn – September 10, 2011 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The way you put it is kinda rude but in a way you are right. SPN is a good show too though.

Comment by Kaz – September 10, 2011 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not their fault CW doesn’t give them a bigger budget for fancier effects,music,etc. I’d say they’re doing just fine without though. ^_^

Comment by ErikMarie – September 11, 2011 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As someone who has seen every episode of both Supernatural and Fringe, I would disagree. I’m glad you have found a show you enjoy, but please don’t bother insulting my favorite.

Comment by Melody – September 13, 2011 01:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally AGREE WITH YOU! Fringe RULES Fridays,lol!

Comment by Clara – September 13, 2011 05:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nope Kathryn just your opinion:)

Watching Supernatural live in bring on season 7!!

Comment by Leslie – September 10, 2011 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally watching Supernatural at its usual(US Central) air time.(I like quite a few other shows on there, and will give a few new ones a chance too! But Friday nights are SPN nights for me.) And that snarky comment about using bots needs to be directed at ALL the fans sadly. We bust our a**es voting just like the rest of you and it is downright rude to single us out, just because the creator of this poll/writers here dislike Supernatural. Whatever happened to treat others as you want to be treated? And we may or may not have book clubs but we also have conventions, which, you know, the actors choose to go to for us – the fans. But really whoever wins this, congrats! All us fans are voting till our wrists hurt for our beloved shows and its heartwarming to see. So good luck everyone!

Comment by Amanda – September 10, 2011 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SUPERNATURAL. duh. cause it’s the only show worth watching. trolol.

Comment by teammoose – September 10, 2011 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SUPERNATURAL FOREVER <3

Comment by mishasminion – September 10, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • isn’t it time they learnt that when supernatural is concerned, the fandom will always win.

Comment by jaredpotterlecki – September 10, 2011 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SUPERNATURAL!!! I MEAN OBVIOUSLY… ITS THE BEST SHOW IN THIS UNIVERSE!!!

Comment by Ruth – September 10, 2011 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita!!! <3

Comment by Annie – September 10, 2011 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really wish Fringe and Supernatural weren’t on at the same time. They’re the only 2 shows listed that I actually watch and enjoy. But since I don’t have FOX and CTV doesn’t air Fringe anymore, I’ll be watching Supernatural.

Comment by Victoria Smith – September 10, 2011 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SUPERNATURAL ALWAYS!!

Comment by kerry – September 10, 2011 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Live: 8-9: Chuck; 10-11: Fringe; 10-11: Sanctuary

Record: 8-9: Nikita; 9-10: Grimm, Supernatural, 10-11: Boss

Comment by Sheldon W. – September 10, 2011 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching Fringe and Blue Bloods live because I can never wait to see each episode. May dvr Grimm.

Comment by spader – September 10, 2011 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural!!!!!!!!

Comment by Joanne – September 10, 2011 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SUPERNATURAL!! And nothing else.

Comment by Quietkittycat – September 10, 2011 11:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural :-)

Comment by Jacquelyn – September 11, 2011 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SUPERBATURAL!!!! Freaking epic show!

Comment by Kyra – September 11, 2011 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I can only DVR two programs at once, and I DVR everything I watch, so that means A Gifted Man and Grimm are automatically cut out of any first run watching by me. So, Chuck and Nikita at 7pm. Fringe and SPN at 8pm. And Blue Bloods and Sanctuary at 9pm. Or I can record Sanctuary on its late night repeat. The shows I mainly care about are going to be Fringe and Supernatural. But Supernatural is simply my main love on television, so SPN will always come first with me. I cannot wait to see what they do with Sam’s memory integration next season. It is what has me most excited right now.

Comment by Sandy – September 11, 2011 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural of course!!! Friday isn’t Friday without it.

Comment by gabi – September 11, 2011 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural – no question. I caught up on all episodes of fringe this summer but nothing beats the Winchesters. Since I don’t own a DVR, I will watch Fringe on Fox when they post it.

Comment by Dahne – September 11, 2011 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural is where I will be on Friday s

Comment by Melissa – September 11, 2011 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural!!!

Comment by Shanna – September 11, 2011 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NIKITA ALL THE WAY!

Comment by Bruno – September 11, 2011 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BOSS on starz is supposed to be insane. my boyfriend got to see first episode. he says its the best new show this fall. kelsey grammer nominated next year for emmy and golden globe.

Comment by abbott b. – September 11, 2011 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural live, as always, DVR Fringe, which I am also addicted to (yes, there are many of us who are fans of both), and well, I’m not sure how I’ll watch Grimm. I get that Friday nights are becoming the refuge of genre shows, but they do get that some of us can only dvr two shows at the same time, right? I wish Grimm was on at ten so I could give it a chance, but there’s no way I’m not watching SPN and Fringe.

Comment by Dorothy – September 11, 2011 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That caveat is really condescending and disrespectful (although funny).

Comment by Melanie – September 11, 2011 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Always “Supernatural.” Then at 10: “Supernatural” because I’ll Dvr it to watch again. “Fringe”‘ll have to wait because I got too far behind.

Comment by ErikMarie – September 11, 2011 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who run the world? GIRLS
    Who run the polls? SUPERNATURAL FANDOM <3

Comment by Kiona – September 11, 2011 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe and Blue Bloods.xD

Comment by Oggy – September 11, 2011 10:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only show I watch on Fridays, since Smallville is a thing of the past, would be Supernatural. I’m not in to the stories out there on Friday. Before Supernatural moved to Fridays, I had not watched tv on Friday nights since 2008. I watched Ghost Whisperer, Moonlight, and Numbers. There again, the only one I never missed was Moonlight.

Comment by Patricia Wylie – September 12, 2011 12:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will also tape “Fringe” and “Sanctuary”. We love those SYFI shows!!!

Comment by Gayle – September 12, 2011 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, if the Supernatural fandom is always winning polls is because we are a lot of people who stay awake all night VOTING. We don’t need to cheat. We love our show, that’s all.

Comment by Hannah – September 12, 2011 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FRINGE Always LIVE! Friday is Fringe night,I stopped watching Supernatural after the 3rd season because it changed too much after that all about angels and demons and the devil,and nothing else,Love Fringe have watched sense the first season never miss a show, and this season may be its best yet with the wheres Peter thing happening,it changes everything,its going to be fun to see how different everyone is without Peter there, the other show I watch is Sanctuary I love Amanda Tapping sense she was in Stargate SG 1 as Sam Carter.

And as long as Anna Torv is on Fringe I will always watch it over anything on TV,lol!

Comment by Clara – September 13, 2011 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita and Fringe!

Comment by Kat – September 13, 2011 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatual fans don’t robo-vote, we’re just highly motivated, obsessive, and have a robust fandom communication network. Also, if I thought I’d get a visit out of Jared, Jensen (or Misha) out of this poll, it would NOT be an invite to my book club.

Comment by morgan – September 13, 2011 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL, Morgan!! So true! I’m still annoyed at the “caveat” though…ESPECIALLY when this was a one vote per IP poll, so it was REALLY pointless except to be snarky to the SPN fans.

Comment by Janice – September 13, 2011 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • F
    R
    I
    N
    G
    E

Comment by Dave D – September 15, 2011 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe and Blue Bloods. I wouldn’t miss Fringe for the world–or the other worlds, too. (;

Comment by Drakan – September 15, 2011 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Forgot to add that I am a fan of Supernatural as well, it just can not replace Fringe in my weekly TV viewership — it doesn’t even come close! No other show gripped me like Fringe did/does, and probably never, ever will. I seriously love the show too much to miss it, rerun or no, and I ALWAYS watch it live, which I can say is extremely rare for any show. Only two other shows are like this to me: Community, and harry’s Law. (different nights, I know.- Don’t get me wrong, I adore SPN, but I’m not attached to it like I am to Fringe, that’s all!

If SPN moved to a better time slot (i.e: not conflicting with Fringe-, OR aired a repeat of that episode later in the week, I’d watch it like I do Fringe/Community/harry’s Law. But, between the two, Fringe wins me over quicker than a heartbeat.

Comment by Drakan – September 15, 2011 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe and Supernatural. Why can’t I watch both of them at the same time?

Comment by Gabriel Bryant – September 16, 2011 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How about in this universe you watch Fringe and in the other one you watch Supernatural.

Comment by dsnap – September 18, 2011 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How about in this universe you watch Fringe and in the other one you watch Supernatural!

Comment by dsnap – September 18, 2011 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My DVR is going to get a workout big time. I will be recording Fringe, Supernatural,Grimm,Bluebloods and Sanctuary. Can’t stand the idiotic commercials every 5minutes. Will watch at “my” leisure.

Comment by Ginny – September 19, 2011 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Friday we will definitely be watching Supernatural!!!

Comment by Gail – September 19, 2011 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural~ C:

<33

Comment by Karret – September 20, 2011 12:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SUPERNATURAL!!!!!! Can’t wait till Friday! I miss Dean Sam and Cas.

Comment by Syb3rStrife – September 20, 2011 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Organizing a robo-vote for a certain show will not get Jared and Jensen to drop by your book club.” What an obvious and deliberate stab at the Supernatural fans! So, because Supernatural tends to win most of the online polls its in it means the fans are cheating? Really? Or maybe it means that we are just a dedicated bunch doing what we can, within the confines of the RULES, to get our show the recognition it so much deserves. Next time, don’t be so blatant about where you’re aiming your accusations! Oh, and on a more important note: If Supernatural is on, no other show stands a chance to be watched in my household. GO SUPERNATURAL!!!!!!!!!

Comment by cindy – September 21, 2011 05:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch the Cw on Thursday and Friday 8pm to 10pm then I’m on Supernatural facebook after the show

Comment by coffee438 – October 5, 2011 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We DVR everything (including Yankee games) — we have three dual-input DVRs, so we have just about everything covered. Neither my husband nor I have any patience for commercials.

Comment by Kathy – October 10, 2011 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a really amazing article!!

Comment by spss – November 18, 2011 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post