Fall TV Preview

Fall TV Poll: What Will You Watch on Fridays?

Get More: Fall TV Preview, Polls

The Fall TV season is right around the corner folks, so some tough viewing choices are coming. Let’s get thinking about them!

TVLine’s Fall TV Survival Guide: News, Scoops, Premiere Calendar and More

Each day this week — during “the calm before the storm” — I’ve been showing you the grid for that night’s line-up, including Big 5 fare and select cable listings. You then vote for what you plan to watch LIVE during each time slot (since live-ish viewership is still the drink-stirrer when it comes to ratings, whether we like it or not).

Fall TV Poll: What Will You Watch Live on Thursdays?

NOTES ABOUT THE FRIDAY GRID: Grids represent the face-offs taking place for at least six weeks of the fall TV season. Details on new shows (indicated by *) can be found at these links: Kelsey Grammer’s Boss, Patrick Wilson’s A Gifted Man, NBC’s Grimm.

Comments (257)

• I’m with Mr. Ausiello on this one Chuck, Fringe, Blue Bloods and dvr Nikita

Comment by onno – September 9, 2011 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m crossing my fingers for something on cable because that list is crap.

Comment by Templar – September 9, 2011 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita and Supernatural. I kind of gave up on Chuck as I hated the ending of the finale. They should have just ended it after the wedding and left it at that. Supernatural has been my favorite show for 6 years so I am excited to start season 7. I am planning to DVR Grimm to see what it’s all about.

Comment by Shannon – September 9, 2011 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita

Comment by Brandy – September 9, 2011 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i can’t help it.. i love dateline

Comment by amanda – September 9, 2011 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural is the only show that stops my world for tv time.

Comment by ChiggerOK – September 9, 2011 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My DVR is going to get a workout on Fridays !

Fringe, Supernatural, Grimm, Nikita, Blue Bloods and A Gifted Man.
    I’m not sure which shows I’m going to watch and which shows I will record BUT I’m watching ALL of them.

Comment by Laurel – September 9, 2011 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NIKITA of course. It have action and badass people… Maggie Q and Shane West.. #Nikita #Mikita

Comment by Daniella – September 9, 2011 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FRINGE! FRINGE! FRINGE!

Comment by Rex – September 9, 2011 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck and Fringe. I’ll probably watch Grimm online the next day, or on demand.

Comment by Michael – September 9, 2011 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched Fringe’s first season, but dropped off in my viewing, and I kinda thought it was a gonner for a little while there – then ALL OF THE SUDDEN it seems like it’s the show everyone is talking about. That might just be my perception.

I’m a major Supernatural fan, and I’m bummed to see that SPN and Fringe will compete for a time slot. I think SPN deserves better than to be pummeled by the 800 lb gorilla in the room. Wish SPN were back on Thursdays.

Comment by Cebe – September 9, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’LL BE WATCHING SUPERNATURAL OF COURSE.

Comment by Mary Lovett – September 9, 2011 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as it disappointed me last season & isn’t sounding that great this season, SUPERNATURAL. Jensen Ackles is still on it for right now & even if its limited this season, have to watch for him!

Not sure about FRINGE, it depends how they handle the Peter question. Never a good thing when a show decides to just wipe out your favorite character like that. But I won’t be watching live.

NIKITA, I like the fact that they boldly shook up their premise like that, and all the characters are involved & working towards their own objectives.

I’ll try GRIMM but heard some not so great things about the lead & the pilot, so we’ll see on that one.

Comment by mare – September 9, 2011 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I LOVE Supernatural, but I agree Jensen is the best thing about it. :)

Comment by Nics – September 9, 2011 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita & Fringe!!!!! This is the first Friday that 2 great shows are on that I’m going to watch!

Comment by Tvaddict – September 9, 2011 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to watch Chuck, Fringe and Blue Bloods live and DVR A Gifted Man, Nikita, Grimm and Supernatural.

Comment by Jorge Jose Herrera – September 9, 2011 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural of course!!!!!!

Comment by amy – September 9, 2011 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural! ♥ this show.

Comment by Angie – September 9, 2011 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SUPERNATURAL! Until the very end!

Comment by Ruby – September 9, 2011 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NIKITA of course! It will air at 2am my time but….come on, it’s Nikita!

Comment by Jasna – September 9, 2011 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita and SUPERNATURAL. ALWAYS SUPERNATURAL!!!!!!!

Comment by Lisa Reames – September 9, 2011 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe will always be worth watching live on Friday nights.

Comment by B. Brewer – September 9, 2011 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FRINGE FRIDAY!!

Comment by Ash – September 9, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely Blue Bloods – all other time slots are blah…maybe a good time to catch up on my Thursday night DVR shows!

Comment by Linderella – September 9, 2011 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I,ll be watching Supernatural of course

Comment by Paulette Corona – September 9, 2011 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One last caveat before we get to the polls: This is not a popularity contest. Organizing a robo-vote for a certain show will not get Jared and Jensen to drop by your book club. So have faith in the merit of your individual choices, then watch to see how many others legitimately line up aside you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
    SUPERNATURAL, no contest. Swear to Chuck, best show ever IMHO!!

Comment by Peter Passon – September 9, 2011 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another one-show night for me. I’ll watch Supernatural. And then I’ll try to catch The Soup from time to time.

Comment by merikat – September 9, 2011 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural is the only show that stops my world for tv time outside of news

Comment by ChiggerOK – September 9, 2011 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural!! If you’re not watching this show you have truly been missing out!!

Comment by Kellie – September 9, 2011 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita of course!!! 2 more weeks to go!!!

Comment by Julie – September 9, 2011 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck…Fringe…and Blue Bloods!!!

Never thought I’d say this, but Friday night is a my favorite tv night!

Comment by jenn – September 9, 2011 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural of course! I wouldn’t miss it!!!

Comment by Amy – September 9, 2011 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have always been a HUGE fan of Sanctuary, but after seeing the cast in a panel at DragonCon, I love the show even more! They were the absolute best of all the panels I attended. They came on the stage chest-pumping each other and seemed truly happy to be there. This was their first time there and they were awesome and said it was better than Comic Con!

Comment by Carolinagirl – September 9, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing at 8. Supernatural and Blue Bloods at 9 and 10.

Comment by flounder – September 9, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural!!

Comment by Lisa – September 9, 2011 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • supernatural of course!

Comment by Lisa – September 9, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Chuck, but how long I stick with it depends solely on how long they make Morgan the new intersect. Hopefully that mistake is corrected in the first episode back. Unfortunately, I doubt it though.

Comment by The Squatch – September 9, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural

Comment by Lpnc – September 9, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will be watching as always SUPERNATURAL!BEST SHOW ON!I would like to check out the new one coming on at the same time,Grimm but theres no choice for me love the Winchester brothers!!

Comment by TRINA – September 9, 2011 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural, supernatural, supernatural….you get the point.

Comment by shannon – September 9, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will watch Nikita and Supernatural and will watch Fringe later.

Comment by Linda – September 9, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural!!! At least, on nights I’m home. I’ll DVR it and watched the first minute I can, otherwise. I just watched the entire show over the summer, and I’m completely obsessed. It’s just so good! I plan to DVR Grimm and A Gifted Man. I haven’t heard much about AGM, but it’s got Patrick Wilson. I have to at least give it a shot.

Comment by Tiffany – September 9, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SUPERNATRUAL….waiting for the new season is killing me!!!!

Comment by Kim casey – September 9, 2011 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know what your all thinking about. SSUUUUUPPERRRRNNNATTTTTUUURAAAALLL BABAYY!
    WOOHOO

Comment by Zina – September 9, 2011 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita and then Supernatural :) Ill DVR Fringe

Comment by Jen – September 9, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching Chuck and fringe live and dvr a gifted man

Comment by Marianne – September 9, 2011 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grimm and Blue Bloods!

Comment by jay – September 9, 2011 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m loving all of this Nikita love in the comments. I’m a bit surprised that the CW didn’t pair it up with Ringer since that seemed like an obvious match, but it’s definitely my pick out of the Friday night lineup. I was skeptical at first, but it’s really turned out to be a fun, twisty show.

I might give Grimm a shot because I’m a sucker for fairy tales, but the trailer really didn’t look that promising.

Comment by Julie – September 9, 2011 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural for sure!!!!

Comment by Lissette – September 9, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never watch TV Movies or Shows live I DVR everything but football.

Comment by Chris Kampfer – September 9, 2011 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post