Fall TV Preview

Exclusive First Look: Castle's Official Key Art Points to a Season of Secret… Love Affairs?

Castle is giving us another mystery to chew on as we approach its Sept. 19 return: What clues, if any, can be gleaned from the official Season 4 poster?!

To best answer that question, one first must determine what exactly is happening in the image below. Given where things left off in May — with Castle confessing his love to a near-dead Beckett — conventional wisdom suggests that she’s shushing him before he opens his mouth (and heart) any further. Of course, that assumes she even heard him in the first place.

Spoilery Video: Castle Takes the Blame For Beckett’s Shooting

It’s also possible, particularly given the mischievous look on their faces, that Beckett is trying to stop Castle from taking their forthcoming secret love affair public! That scenario also plays into the intriguingly punctuated “Partners. In Crime” tagline in that it suggests they are joined both professionally and personally.

It also may just be a fun, provocative piece of art that holds no hidden meaning.

Your thoughts? Do any of my theories hold water? Am I overthinking things? Underthinking? Study the poster, then hit the comments! And for instantaneous Castle scoop/spoilers, follow me on Twitter at @MichaelAusiello

Tags: ,

Comments (214)

• I’m just really disappointed in whatever they did to her fingernails there. They must have money in the budget for decent photoshop, right? Other than that, I can’t believe it’s almost back already!

Comment by Nerdista – September 9, 2011 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What’s wrong with french tips?

Comment by MoxieSue – September 9, 2011 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They’re not Beckett-like

Comment by Allison – September 9, 2011 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Beckett fights crime in heels, and you think the nails aren’t “Beckett like?”

Comment by Nina – September 9, 2011 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I don’t like her nails because they look really fake and too shiny but I wouldn’t say they aren’t “Beckett like”

Comment by Alexis – September 9, 2011 05:59 PM PDT
          • haha, you said shiny.

Comment by TJCrinc – September 10, 2011 04:10 AM PDT
          • “I dont need the height, I just like it” ;)

Comment by ginny – September 14, 2011 05:17 PM PDT
      • They were so obviously photoshopped it’s insane. To heck with decent photoshop, couldn’t she just get a decent manicure before the shoot?

Comment by Alice – September 9, 2011 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Her fingernails? LMAO!

I ain’t even looking at the finers, look at how FINE Nathan is and how beautiful she is! This picture stole my breath! HOTNESS! It needs to be the 19th like NOW!

Comment by NathanAndStanaLover – September 9, 2011 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • @ Nathanandstanalover — AMEN!!!!

Comment by Tammie – September 9, 2011 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • amen but on the beckett part!!

Comment by james – September 10, 2011 12:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Where’s the like button for this one? LOLOL

Comment by Linda – September 9, 2011 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No doubt. My first reaction also….WOW.

Comment by lrmsea – September 9, 2011 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree 100% with you!!!!!

Comment by Heidi – September 10, 2011 12:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Finally someone with a real mine. This picture is HOT!!! I’d like to have them both in my bed, especially Castle. I’m inviting my lover over to watch this season. mmmmm……….

Comment by foxden4210 – September 10, 2011 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree, Nate stole the shot with those gorgeous eyes. Not that Stana isn’t beautiful. :)

Comment by Stacey Joy Netzel – September 10, 2011 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t care about the fingernails either. I just can’t whait until the 19th.

Comment by Linda Joyce – September 10, 2011 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL EXACTLY!!! After reading Michael’s theories, when I saw the poster I said “I don’t even care what it means, they are just too stinkin’ cute!” Such a hot pair — they need to be together already!

Comment by LeAnn – September 13, 2011 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I noticed her nails, but I agree with you; I want it to be the 19th.

Comment by Jessica – September 13, 2011 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think they look pretty. You aren’t a fan of french manicures?

Comment by Monica Sorg – September 9, 2011 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Her fingernails? That’s what caught your attention and is complaining about? Not how fine both Stana and Nathan looks in this poster? Really, there’s nothing wrong with those nails. At all. And oh my goodness for nit-picking. Just saying…

Comment by CharlieBlue – September 9, 2011 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Just reread this part of my reply:
        “Not how fine both Stana and Nathan looks in this poster?”
        I meant:
        “You’re not gushing over fine both Stana and Nathan looks in this poster”…
        Managed to submit and not add the first part. *head!desk*

Comment by CharlieBlue – September 9, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Besides the nails, who cares..
      Its like with the chuck promo…
      I dont know what they do to their faces…
      they should just let it be, or hire somebody who can work with photoshop… they seem to always overdo things… look at nathans creepy eyes there for instance…

Comment by DonLunte – September 9, 2011 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I also think they overdid it a little bit with the whole photoshoping. Like in the cast promo photos (especially with Nathan Fillion).

Comment by Illi – September 9, 2011 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree. Katic is naturally beautiful; they didn’t have to airbrush her like that. At least they left Nathan Fillion’s little laugh lines in place, thank goodness!

Comment by Marti W – September 9, 2011 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • A big grin on my face at the mention of Chuck :D
        2 of the best shows on tv!

Comment by edelweiss – September 9, 2011 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ITA, it was over-PhotoShopped. Hands, eyes, teeth, skin – all have that too-polished look. These people look great without all the tweaking.

Comment by KathyT – September 9, 2011 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Holy Photoshop Overkill Batman!
        Other than that, can’t wait to see what happens next! And yes, CHUCK!!!

Comment by Petra – September 9, 2011 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you kidding you are actually concerned about her nails????????????????

Comment by momsyourfan – September 9, 2011 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nice. So looking forward to this season! :)

Comment by Savannah – September 9, 2011 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Get a grip…they are movie stars! Except for one hour a week, when they’re Beckett and Castle.

Comment by Brenda – September 9, 2011 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Her nails look great!!! They both look wonderful!! Maybe U have a big problem!!! Counting down the days to the day, Castle starts it’s Fall season!!!!

Comment by Barbara Kwiatkowski – September 9, 2011 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh come on. She looks GORGEOUS!

Comment by Fleur – September 9, 2011 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s the new fad in manicures. Pink nails w/extremely white French tips.

Comment by Joy Fernandez – September 9, 2011 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All your worried about is her nails!!Ladies take a really good look at Nathan. Oh boy I really do luv blue eyes especially his..lol I wonder if he would be interested in a cougar???

Comment by Jennifer – September 9, 2011 11:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are SO right Nerdista! I notice little details like the fingernails too! Maybe it looked OK to someone on a tiny phone screen ;) But is that who’s doing their airbrushing? :) And could Nathan look more brushed, btw?!

Comment by Minx_in_LA – September 10, 2011 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well they look like press-ons to me, but whatever the reality,they are definatly Beckett-like. What I dont like is the shift in their vibe. The first year was more intense, more funny, more something, They seem to be losing that as the show goes on. But I still love it, there are so few good shows on now days, waaaaay too much reality garbage and poor re-makes. What is there no new creativity in L.A. or N.Y.? Bring back the old school comedies, and stop cancelling the good shows before they get a chance to get up and running. Well enough on that, but seriously more comedy! Less reality!

Comment by Chad Kollasch – September 10, 2011 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hey Chad!
        I couldnt agree with you more!
        More comedy! less reality! thats why I watched Castle in the first place. I read a newspaper review that praised its fresh, funny and overall charmingness. Now after watching season 3 and half dreading season 4 I can definately say thats it is no longer the funny charming show it was in seasons 1 and 2. Still we battle on in hopes of a return to form in season 4. Are you listening Mr. Marlowe?

Maybe success is Castles problem? when it was a little slot filler it was light and funny.Now people are dying and getting shot! If I wanted Drama I’d tune into one!! Theres plenty of good stuff on tv (in Ireland anyway, I cant speak for you castle fans elsewhere.). Please Castle writers return to your original brief, keep it light, funny, witty and interesting! Hardly a tall order….!

Comment by Marie – September 14, 2011 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m sorry but I completely disagree with you, if all Castle was was just the witty banter and light hearted comedy every single episode, there would be no story and therefore no show, with conflict and drama sure, Beckett wouldn’t have gotten shot and ideally no one would have died; but that’s not what crime shows are about, especially not with Castle which includes to a fair few genres. I also disagree about how it has changed since season one; obviously there are going to be some differences two seasons down the track, Andrew Marlowe can’t create a show and the keep the characters exactly the same as they’ve always been, they need to be developed. Castle is only part comedy and was always written to have issues in it, which I believe is also an integral part to the show (aside from the humour) .

Comment by PhoenixnotFelix – September 19, 2011 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I noticed the Nails too, and they do suck.. At first I almost didn’t see them until I looked at the whole poster and saw the finger infront of his mouth and then noticed it was her finger and then the Horrible nails really stuck out.. They look shiney, uneven, and just not good.
      But other than that I like the poster. The both look refreshed and great together!

Comment by MGTatUU – September 13, 2011 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You see all that from the poster? LOL.. wow, I just thought they were being humorous.. but I what do I know :)

Comment by Connie Guzman – September 19, 2011 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SQUEEEEEE! I’ve been waiting not-so-patiently for this season! Almost here!

Comment by Casey Wright – September 9, 2011 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • From what I have heard, they are not even revisiting the “I love you” until halfway through the season. I have a feeling that Castle is going to work on slow but steady progress into a Caskett relationship. I think that while they will still move forward towards being a couple this season, they won’t actually become a couple until at least next season.

Comment by Castle_fan – September 9, 2011 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not a fan of “Caskett”, think it sounds a bit creepy ;-) Would prefer even Beckle…

Comment by Bertine – September 9, 2011 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No way on the Beckle. That is the name of a creepy politician.

Comment by Dana – September 9, 2011 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Rickate?

Comment by Marti W – September 9, 2011 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • THAT sounds like a calcium deficiency.

Comment by KathyT – September 9, 2011 04:29 PM PDT
          • Kick????? Oooh, like it. Less morbid.

Comment by Abigail – September 12, 2011 02:53 AM PDT
    • Please please share! What reliable press source said that about the ILY???

Comment by Danyelle – September 9, 2011 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It was in an interview with Andrew W. Marlowe.

Comment by Lydia – September 9, 2011 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I read a SPOILER somewhere that said there will be a new “love interest” for Castle in the upcoming season.

Comment by rcwblessed – September 9, 2011 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • There will be a new “lust interest” for Castle this season but only for one episode, I think it’s safe to assume her purpose in the episode will be purely to let us (and Castle of course) see Beckett jealous as ever. My guess his is that he will endlessly flirt with her the entire ep then at the end of the episode she will ask him out and of course he will turn her down much to the appeasement of Beckett

Comment by billie – September 10, 2011 01:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • His eyes are so blue!

Comment by Mairead – September 9, 2011 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know what the poster means… I can’t get past Nathan’s blue eyes to see what else there is.

Comment by Angela – September 9, 2011 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • RIGHT!? I mean he was fabulous in Firefly, but man is he freakin awesome as Castle! <3

Comment by ellekay – September 9, 2011 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I first saw him on *Buffy the Vampire Slayer” & fell in love with him that was even before Firefly and Serenity. They are both Beautiful! how can anyone get caught up in her nails! missing the whole point of Her holding the Shhh finger up to his lips! Aw *sigh* Does anyone have a time machine? O am addicted to this show and the actors!

Comment by stormyann – September 9, 2011 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He also was awesome as Caleb in the last season of Buffy :)

Comment by Crystal – September 10, 2011 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holy airbrushing, Batman!

Comment by Monica242 – September 9, 2011 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I may be wrong but I think this is the first TV ad to ever have airbrushing.

Comment by lauren – September 9, 2011 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You know what…I think you may be right…

Comment by Tallulah – September 12, 2011 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All they’re missing is a couple of milk ‘staches.

Comment by TrishA. – September 9, 2011 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hmmmm. tag line says “Partners. In crime.” I taking hope in the specific separate designation of partners. And that they both look happy.

Comment by Kay – September 9, 2011 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • my thoughts? i think they want to keep the giggity giggity a secret.

Comment by TJCrinc – September 9, 2011 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree.

Comment by Lorie – September 9, 2011 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think he’s kissing her finger!

Comment by Jeannie – September 9, 2011 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with Jeannie. A definite kiss on the finger teaser. Loving it until we see another kiss between them.

Comment by Jan – September 9, 2011 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eh… it’s just Castle and Beckett… there’s nothing interesting and creative going on like there usually is.

Comment by Jay – September 9, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nothing going on????!!! Blind much?

Comment by stormyann – September 9, 2011 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 10 days and Castle is back!!

Comment by Alyssa – September 9, 2011 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate when they do these cheesy pictures – their characters are so real and not-stereotypical on the show, and this makes them look so Hollywood.

Comment by Allison – September 9, 2011 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I abhor it too but this one isn’t as bad as last year’s; I can still remember it had them both seated on chairs that were back to back while they were handcuffed to each other and they were both (obviously due to instruction) pulling rather tacky expressions. I’m not saying anything against the actors, just the media and publicity approach of network television nowadays. I work in multi-media & advertising and can think of many other effective and appealing ideas for posters than aren’t as contrived as these ones. The Photoshop artist did a deplorable job as well.

Comment by kristen – September 10, 2011 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed – they photoshopped her into Brooke Shields!! I kept reading trying to figure out why she was in the photo with Nathan instead of Beckett.

Comment by LADYHELIX – September 12, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think the simple fact that they’re french tips is the problem’ I think it’s more because they look cartoonish.

Comment by Scarlet – September 9, 2011 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is it just me, or is her facial expression all wrong? She looks (gorgeously) goofy. I hope their dynamic doesn’t change TOO much- I like her!

Comment by TrishA. – September 9, 2011 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Worst. Photoshopping Job. Ever.

Comment by Beonin – September 9, 2011 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed.

Comment by nancy – September 9, 2011 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I second that! I use photoshop professionally, ALOT. And one thing I’ve learned is that the more you airbrush, the more you loose the personality (and the professional feel) of the picture. Basicly, less is more…
        This picture feels static, not vibrant, and I guess we all want it to feel vibrant. Personally I would prefer a stillshot from the (long awaited) 4th season premiere. Can’t wait! :D

Comment by BlueSkies – September 9, 2011 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ugh I can’t stand you people that come on ALL the boards and post about how bad the photoshop is every. single. time. Get over it, and if you can’t and you’re so freaking good at it, go apply and take that person’s job so everyone will just stop bitching.

Comment by Sarah – September 9, 2011 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • don’t care what it means. I love them and can’t wait for the season to start.

Comment by Leola – September 9, 2011 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it is a great picture of them. I just love this show and can hardly wait until it returns. She may have Gel Nails as they tend
    to shine a lot, but if it’s airbrushed that’s ok with me. He looks fine….

Comment by Marilyn – September 9, 2011 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is up with his left eye???? OMGosh

Comment by Karen – September 9, 2011 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s got in here! I can’t for Castle to take off his clothes! OWWW!

Comment by Dalea Lugo – September 9, 2011 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castles eyes are so beautiful! And Becketts teeth are so clean and nice! Her nails aren’t Beckett-look like you guys said, but it’s looking good on her!

Comment by Laura – September 9, 2011 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t really think there is much of a hidden meaning; I think it’s just light-hearted Castle cuteness aiming to get people to tune in.

Can’t wait!

Comment by Danielle H. – September 9, 2011 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gorgeous picture, I completely adore castle it’s by far the best show on tv today. I LOVE IT. <3 <3 <3

Comment by Amber – September 9, 2011 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Remember “moonlighting”? when they actually get together there goes the romamce and tension. wont happen til final season.

Comment by Robin – September 9, 2011 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d rather they suffer the Moonlighting curse than the Bones curse.

Comment by Becca – September 9, 2011 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i think they should just confirm a relationship on screen, continue with the constant flirting and tension, but leave the romantic relationship for the off-screen, where i imagine they make each other “pay” for the teasing.

Comment by TJCrinc – September 10, 2011 04:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE YOU CASTLE AND BECKETT

forever

I like much

CASTLE CASTLE

BECKETT BECKETT

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Comment by princesitacastle – September 9, 2011 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • are we sure this season is not going to be a ‘dream’ or she is not a ‘ghost’???

Comment by Pat – September 9, 2011 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that would piss me off. made me cry when it happened in roseanne.

Comment by TJCrinc – September 10, 2011 04:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think they should have a secret romance and then Beckett tell Castle she’s expecting their baby and go with that storyline for a while. Will they/won’t they get married? Will she have the baby or lose it during an attack? Then at the end of the series, THE wedding, does it goes to plan or who wrecks it and why? They could even hold off telling anyone at work who is the father until the wedding invites go out, if no-one knows then they can keep up the sharp dialogue..DO NOT go gushy! Gosh, story-lines are endless.

Comment by Dee – September 9, 2011 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cannot wait for my fav TV show to return. The only thing that pissed me off was the captain and he was finished

Comment by A T Kenos (Australia) – September 9, 2011 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just keeping us on our toes. R.

Comment by Richard – September 9, 2011 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE YOU

CASTLE AND BECKETT

Comment by castle – September 9, 2011 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FOREVER

CASTLE

BECKETT

I like much

Comment by PRINCESITABECKETT – September 9, 2011 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why is the book so different from the TV show? in the 1st book they have sex by the end. TV not.

Comment by cindy – September 9, 2011 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The books are supposed to be written by Rick Castle, not be ABOUT Rick Castle. The books are way steamier because that’s the way Castle likes it. You’d NEVER see it that way on the show!

Comment by D – September 9, 2011 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the cheekiness of the new poster… but wished it was like the others where it had a crime scene theme.

Comment by tvbmadness – September 9, 2011 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gorgeous! I love them both! I adore the show! Can’t wait for the season to begin! Love her nails!!!!

Comment by momsyourfan – September 9, 2011 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the show. I can’t say anything wrong about a show that makes me laugh so hard. Okay,but the photo shot is a little much.

Comment by Sabrina – September 9, 2011 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • cant believe yr complainin about the finger nails,they both look good

Comment by cheryl – September 9, 2011 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think she didn’t even hear the I Love You comment! You know the writers must terrorize us romantics :)

Comment by garnette – September 9, 2011 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Her fingernails???Who cares!! I am excited about the return. Love the new poster..Will be watchin!!!

Comment by SnippieT – September 9, 2011 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What’s wrong with you people? My goodness have you seen any pictures of Stana Katic taken by Brian Bowen Smith? That woman requires no photo shopping; stunning doesn’t even begin to describe it. And I think his cocky eyebrow lift is so Castle. And the nails??? They were painted a soft natural pink in ‘To Love and Die in LA’ so I see no problem here. Oh, and screw the Moonlighting curse. I for one will not stop watching when they get together, will you?

Comment by TVfanatic – September 9, 2011 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As far as I’m concerned the only curse on Moonlighting was the fact that by the end Shepherd and Willis couldn’t stand each other. There was nothing wrong with the show itself, just the stars.

Won’t have that problem with Castle. They could but Castle and Beckett together this season and I’d still be watching it 6 seasons from now. They put it on and I’ll watch it. I own the first two seasons and cant’ wait for Season 3′s DVD to come out.

Comment by wildchild1954 – September 9, 2011 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who cares about her fingernails! People they are coming back and I can’t wait. They are awesome team, couple. I hope they get together as a couple but who cares they work so well together. I love that show!

Comment by karen abili – September 9, 2011 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My favorite TV program. Period. No phone calls accepted. Please do not interupt me by speaking to me or asking a question while Castle is on – I will not respond. Love, love, love Castle!

Comment by Rita Toler – September 9, 2011 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I do the exact same thing. Sometimes, I even put my cell phone on silent mode.

Re: promo poster- I’ve been waiting for this to come out for a long time. I can’t believe the sneak peeks were released earlier.

By the way, I like your theories, Ausiello! Thanks for this and keep the Castle scoop coming!

Comment by casper – September 9, 2011 11:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They look so hot together!!!! I would love to see them together, but I’m kinda scared as to what happened on “Moonlighting” With Bruce and Cybill. Once they got together the show started sucking. I don’t want this show to end for a long time, but then again..how much longer can you stretch out the inevitable? So, I guess what I’m saying is
    go for it…BUT …..do it in a way that helps the show, not get it cancelled. Love Nathan Fillion<3

Comment by Cndi Wetzel – September 9, 2011 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the poster its cute and soo castle but i dont see and hidden meaning really and stana’s nail look so awsome stop hating !!! Love it!!:D

Comment by CB4ever – September 9, 2011 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think that hair style suits castle… :l

Comment by tristan – September 9, 2011 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • its the same haircut castle has had nothing has changed

Comment by char – September 9, 2011 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When I first saw the picture, I thought, “DANG! Nathan Fillion has some long nails!” LOL Great picture and I can’t wait until the new season begins! I am in Castle withdraw!

Comment by Shannon – September 9, 2011 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care a bit about the nails and the airbrushing– I honestly think it looks great. And I’m just looking forward to seeing what the shushing is all about.lol

Comment by JoJo – September 9, 2011 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it suggests that they have a secret later on. It doesn’t mean that they are together but maybe opening up a little more. It (to me) means that they are depending on each other a little more. An when Castle said “I love you” when Beckett was shot and possibly dying, i think it was in the moment because he didn’t have the nerve to say it because he was afraid of getting rejected by her. He probably wouldn’t have said it for a while if she hadn’t been shot but it could be that he would regret NOT saying it to her as well. And with Beckett, she will probably chose not to recognize the most important sentence of her life because she know that he thought she might not have made it toward the end. She may want to hear those words with no pressure involved. But all this is only my opinion…if it makes any sense

Comment by Laura Arriaga – September 9, 2011 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hey there,
    have you forgotten the original TV series THE AVENGERS, they are husband and wife team yet one of the popular TV series in the 60′s and seventies. Castle TV series would still be as hot even if the romance between the two lead stars blossomed……HURRAH FOR THE RETURN OF CASTLE……….

Comment by romeo – September 9, 2011 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I can say is HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEE! This is one heck of a birthday present. :)

Comment by Beth – September 9, 2011 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one who thinks her nails look horribly fake? It’s a 2 tone gradient and done poorly. If they were real, the highlights would have went down to the white tips. White is never truly “white” in real life. It’s forms of tan, grey, and a color base.

Comment by anon – September 9, 2011 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think she looks a lot like a young Brooke Shields in this shot.

Comment by Meredith – September 9, 2011 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you! I thought at first that Brooke Shields was guest staring. But on a second look…………these two would make great babies together.

Comment by Jaz – September 9, 2011 09:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • great castle babies.

Comment by TJCrinc – September 10, 2011 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!
    How cool, I cannot wait for the premiere.

Comment by Gillian – September 9, 2011 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on people! The poster is a promo for the show – Its like they are saying, “want to know what’s coming next, well, we’re not talking! Watch us on September 19!” Besides that they are both gorgeous whether this picture was photo shopped or not, and as for her nails and his eyebrow, that’s just petty jealousy!

Comment by Gina – September 9, 2011 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMEN to that…………….LOL

Comment by K – September 12, 2011 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I would just like to know where they find a man like him…..we don’t have any in this small town in Missouri..They should lock him up because every woman can’t have one just like him !!!

Comment by Treva – September 14, 2011 12:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post