TVLine Items: USA Sneak Peeks Psych Premiere, ABC Comedy Hosts Lost Reunion, and More

Psych fans will be psyched to hear this: In honor of the comedy’s upcoming sixth season, USA Network is hosting a Fan Appreciation Day that will feature an advance screening of the long-awaited premiere and Q&As with the cast and creator.

For a chance to win tickets to the New York City event, head over to psych.usanetwork.com by Sept. 12 and sign up. And fret not if you can’t make it. USA plans to live stream the whole shebang on their website.

Fan Appreciation Day will take place Oct. 6 at New York City’s historic Ziegfeld Theatre. For the rest of you, Psych‘s Season 6 premiere airs Wednesday, Oct. 12 at 10/9c.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Midseason TV scoop! Work It, ABC’s Bosom Buddies-like comedy about two guys who pose as gals to land jobs, will play host to a Lost reunion when Sam Anderson (aka “Bernard”) guest-stars opposite series regular Rebecca Mader. “I was at a table read when I turned to my left and saw Sam’s cheeky grin! I squealed with delight,” the British beauty tells us of the surprise crossing of paths. “It was wicked to see him in a comedic role; he was hilarious!”

• Molly Sims (Las Vegas) has been tapped to host Lifetime’s eight-episode Project Runway spinoff, Project Accessory. Lifestyle expert Eva Lorenzotti will mentor contestants, with designer Kenneth Cole and InStyle editor Ariel Foxman forming the judge’s panel.

• Fox’s buzzy Locke & Key pilot might not be dead after all. According to Deadline, the series is being shopped around to other networks, and while Syfy passed, MTV has shown interest.

• NBC is developing a new buddy comedy — only there’s a twist. My Best Friend Is A Lesbo (actual title…for now) is about two female BFFs — one straight, the other gay — who decide to move in together to make life in Los Angeles easier.

• Fido, call your agent! TNT has picked up Scent of the Missing, a crime-drama pilot from CSI showrunner Carol Mendelsohn, per Deadline that centers on the “leader of a canine search-and-rescue team who assists various law enforcement agencies with her best friend and partner, a golden retriever.”

• ESPN has locked in the rights to continue airing Monday Night Football through the end of the 2021 season.

• Legendary actress Mary Tyler Moore will receive the Life Achievement Award at the 18th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards ceremony, to be held Jan. 29, 2012.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (23)

• Let’s hope ESPN can keep up MNF for the next decade.

Comment by kevin – September 8, 2011 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

they should just call it “Will & Grace 2: lesbian edition”

Comment by Lee – September 8, 2011 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think a good name for the show is Girl on Girl.

Comment by the girl – September 8, 2011 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • don’t they air this show on tnt, it’s called Rizzoli and Isles

Comment by Bob – September 9, 2011 05:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did I miss the LOST reunion bit?

Comment by Lizzy – September 8, 2011 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep — it was the second item :)

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – September 8, 2011 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can we all just effing agree that if it isn’t 4 main characters together it isn’t a Lost reunion? I am sick of all of these Lost reunion stories that get my hopes up only for it to be two people and in this case two peripheral characters unlike the Hawaii 5-0 casting of Jin and Locke.

Comment by TheReasonsY – September 8, 2011 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. To call this a lost reunion is ridiculous. Truly, no one cares about Rebecca Mader and Sam Anderson was never even a series regular!

Comment by Josh – September 8, 2011 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scent Of The Missing sounds like that show Sarah Marshall was starring in at the end of Forgetting Sarah Marshall, “Animal Instincts”.

Comment by Marco – September 8, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s the first thing I thought of!

Comment by Karen – September 8, 2011 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Except for the prospect of Locke & Key, it all looks bad.

Comment by Lisa – September 8, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And Mary Tyler Moore. But the prospect of seeing Locke and Key, even just the trailer, is really exciting!

Comment by Sam – September 8, 2011 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have missed Psych so much!! My summer just wasn’t the same without it.
    “you know that’s right”

I think it’s nice thing that USA is doing for the fans.

Comment by Elizabeth – September 8, 2011 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, Psych and Summer go together like Shawn and Gus – I’ve missed them too! Whaaaaaat? :D

Comment by Annika – September 9, 2011 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I used to love Psych in the beginning. But then, somewhere around S3 or 4 it started getting so over the top silly that I just couldn’t stomach it anymore. I’m actually surprised it is still on the air.

Comment by Babygate – September 8, 2011 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’dd watch that lesbo show. even the tittle’s funny.

Comment by Andy – September 8, 2011 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m dying for new episodes of “Psych”. This hiatus has been waaay too long and I need my Shawn and Gus fix.

Comment by Carrie – September 8, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lesbo show could actually be good/funny if they do it right. I’m intrigued.

Comment by Lauren – September 8, 2011 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for “Scent of the Missing!”

Comment by tazzy – September 8, 2011 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, how I wish I lived in New York! Oh well, I’ll be watching Psych Fan Appreciation Day over the internet, I guess. It’s awesome that they’re doing that! Right up there with the college tour last season.

Comment by Tiffany – September 8, 2011 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Even if you win tickets to the Psych preview, you aren’t guaranteed admission. I found this buried in the rules:

“Seating at Event is subject to availability and is on a first come, first serve basis. Prize and/or ticket confirmation do not guarantee entry into Event”

Comment by Ken R – September 8, 2011 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss psych and looking for the pineapple.

Is this the form the text you sent was talking about. The one to enter to see the filming of them?

Comment by Susan lafleur – September 10, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for Psych!!! Whaaaat!!?

Comment by Kim – October 1, 2011 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post