Fall TV Preview

The Good Wife: Monica Raymund Is Cary's New Co-Worker — and Something More?

But what about Kalinda?!

Monica Raymund has landed a recurring role on CBS’ The Good Wife as a prosecutor working in the State’s Attorney office and a possible love interest for Cary, TVGuide.com reports.

Although it appeared that Cary had eyes for Kalinda last season, the former Lie to Me beauty may cause his attention to wander from the engimatic P.I. The two will be working together closely under new State’s Attorney Peter Florrick.

“We know she’ll be amazing across from Matt Czuchry, since they get to work together — both professionally, and perhaps more than professionally,” executive producer Michelle King tells the site.

The Good Wife returns Sept. 25 at 9/8c. Thoughts on this potential matchup? Hit the comments to discuss!

Comments (24)

• Loved her on “Lie to Me” so I should enjoy her role on this show. They’ve not steered me wrong yet.

Comment by B – September 8, 2011 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woot woot! Looking forward to this. No Cary/Kalinda please!

Comment by Mae – September 8, 2011 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This! Please no Cary/Kalinda, it just don’t fit right!

Comment by Pao – September 8, 2011 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Disagree. Cary/Kalinda all the way! They are wonderful together.

Comment by kay145 – September 9, 2011 01:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ditto.

Comment by xav – September 9, 2011 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! Now if only someone gave Brendan Hines another great role…

Comment by Lynn – September 8, 2011 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t mind a new love interest for Cary (it probably means more screentime for him, which I love), as long as it’s Cary/Kalinda in the end!

Comment by katie – September 8, 2011 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS!

Comment by anonmceebs – September 8, 2011 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I can’t wait to see Kalinda’s reactions. I bet it will force her to figure out if she really wants to freezing him out….And I’m glad he has something else to do while she’s figuring out.
        Thanks for the spoilers.

Comment by Luc – September 8, 2011 09:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • THIS SO MUCH.

Comment by kay145 – September 9, 2011 01:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. More Cary please…luv him, and all his scenes with Kalinda :)

Comment by Nita – September 9, 2011 01:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very nice! I miss Lie to Me. Now Monica Raymund makes the second Fox transplant after Lisa Edelstein.

Comment by DL – September 8, 2011 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still have no idea why FOX cancelled Lie to Me….despite them always shuffling its air night around, from what I understand it still got good ratings.

Then again, I don’t know why FOX does a lot of things, LOL.

Comment by Pat D. – September 8, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She looks like eye candy for Peter Florrick!

Comment by Linderella – September 8, 2011 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is soooo beautiful

Comment by Andy – September 8, 2011 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooooooo! I want Cary/Kalinda so bad!

Comment by Ella – September 8, 2011 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. But I smell…”love triangle”.

Comment by Luc – September 8, 2011 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, she will be on both Blue Bloods and The Good wife?

Did I miss something or is that correct?

Comment by Lu – September 8, 2011 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good. They need something to make the Cary scenes less boring.

Comment by sarah – September 9, 2011 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as we get more shirtless Cary scenes out of this…

Comment by Julie – September 9, 2011 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t see a love triangle brewing, I don’t even think that’s in Kalinda’s nature to chase after someone. I’m to believe that Kalinda who has serious trust issues and obviously considers love a joke will suddenly fight to the death to win over some guy and that guy is…Cary. If anything I believe Kalinda would probably be happy that for a moment she wouldn’t have to deal with her “unresolved feelings” for Cary.

Comment by zeejee – September 9, 2011 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I see no chemistry between Cary and Kalinda…
    And Monica did a pretty great job when on Lie to Me, and I expect nothing less now.

Comment by Mayra – September 10, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Forget tv marriage I would date her in real life loved her on lie to me

Comment by LP – October 13, 2011 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m looking forward to seeing Monica Raymund on The Good Wife. She was wonderful in Lie to Me.

Comment by B houghton – October 26, 2011 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post