Lifetime Pulls the Plug on The Protector

Get More: Cancellations, News

Sad news for the (very) few folks who tuned into Lifetime’s The Protector this summer: The cabler has decided not to order a second season.

The Protector, which starred Sons of Anarchy‘s Ally Walker as a single mom juggling her personal life and her career as a Los Angeles Police Department homicide detective, debuted to soft numbers back in June — particularly given its strong Army Wives lead-in –  and failed to garner an audience to call its own.

Tisha Campbell-Martin (Martin) and Miguel Ferrer (Crossing Jordan) co-starred on the cop drama.

Our sister site Deadline first reported the cancellation news.

Comments (23)

• Didn’t care for the show, but I’m going to freak out if they don’t renew “Drop Dead Diva”.

Comment by B – September 8, 2011 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I could care less to see more ALLY WALKER.

Comment by kevin – September 8, 2011 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Couldn’t stand her on The Profiler gave her a chance on this. Nope. Still can’t stand her.

Comment by Templar – September 8, 2011 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they renew Against the Wall!

Comment by Ashley – September 8, 2011 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. I like the family dynamic. Granted, sometimes it feels a little close to Blue Bloods, but I love Blue Bloods, so that’s okay.

Comment by DL – September 8, 2011 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me 3!! I wish the would show more of the family life, but I love it all the same.

Comment by V – September 8, 2011 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really hope they renew Against the Wall too!! What a great show!! I can’t wait to see who she picks too!

Comment by Jackie – November 4, 2011 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually liked this series. I hope Ally finds another gig soon. I especially liked the interaction between Ally and her partner.

Comment by Linderella – September 8, 2011 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There goes another good show down the drain.

Comment by iceblast – September 8, 2011 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Megan, you have an error in your article. I only watched the 1st episode, but Ally’s character worked for the LAPD, not NYPD.

It wasn’t a good show. Once it got moved to 11pm, it was guanranteed to get cancelled.

Comment by Don J – September 8, 2011 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While the show was well done and competent, it lacked anything new or unique. Sadly it was just another police show about soemone with some story.

The numbers showed this. This isn’t a surprise.

Comment by Ally fan – September 8, 2011 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Darn, I planned on watching this show, but forgot all about it. Oh well :(

Comment by TrulyRoxie – September 8, 2011 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tried it out a couple of times and I got bored with it on both occasions and switched off. Like Drop Dead Diva although its time to put Grayson and Jane together or move on – this storyline is getting boring. Also liking Against the Wall – good cast..

Comment by Sparky – September 8, 2011 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry, but after her run as such a heinous character on SoA, I just can’t bring myself to see her as anyone else…

Comment by Luke – September 9, 2011 12:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked the show but it was in a horrible timeslpt. It would have done better paired with Against the Wall.

Comment by Tia – September 9, 2011 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was an inferior version of The Profiler. I didn’t think this show stood a chance.

Comment by Andrea – September 9, 2011 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched it, and am a little disappointed it won’t be back, but there’s enough good summer programming on that I’m sure I’ll keep myself busy. I Would have loved to see the brother’s character more fleshed out, he was basically relegated to baby sitting duty. I do love the police procedurals (Against the Wall is better than I thought it woud be), but I don’t really watch too many of them in the fall and winter (just Bones). I had to give up CSI, Castle and NCIS because I’d just rather be watching Fringe, Dexter, The Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire, Sons of Anarchy, Vampire Diaries, Community, The office, Parks and Rec, The Ggood Wife, Glee, Parenthood, Supernatural, Chuck, Survivor and Big Bang Theory. Now with all the new stuff I have to check out – Terra Nova, Once Upon A Time, Grim, Homeland, American Horror Story, Hell on Wheels, Prime Suspect…oh my God…I need to get a life outside of TV…

Comment by Candy Corn – September 9, 2011 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I couldn’t stand her on The Profiler either. Tisha Campbell-Martin was a mistake, period.

Comment by Lisa – September 12, 2011 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hoping someone on here can help me!! It’s driving my husband and I insane. Who is the actor that plays JACK BRENNAN, the cop that she’s dating and has over for dinner?? He looks sooooo familiar!! Please help if you can! Thanks!!

Comment by Erica Cormier – September 20, 2011 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What did they expect airing the show at 11pm ET? I know we could dvr it, but still it was if Lifetime was trying to kill the show by putting it at that hour.

Comment by Dacaria – September 25, 2011 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • watched two episodes last nite and decided that I really liked it. has a lot of warm and funny charachters…just read on the internet that it has been shut down…the airwaaves are now loaded up with reality shows…give me a break….

Comment by trudy sett – September 26, 2011 05:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really enjoyed this show this stinks

Comment by Serena – October 21, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My husband and I borh love Against The Wall…very few shows we watch together, please and thank you for more seasons!!! Great cast and stories!

Comment by Lyn n Rob – October 28, 2011 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post