Lifetime Pulls the Plug on The Protector

Sad news for the (very) few folks who tuned into Lifetime’s The Protector this summer: The cabler has decided not to order a second season.

The Protector, which starred Sons of Anarchy‘s Ally Walker as a single mom juggling her personal life and her career as a Los Angeles Police Department homicide detective, debuted to soft numbers back in June — particularly given its strong Army Wives lead-in —  and failed to garner an audience to call its own.

Tisha Campbell-Martin (Martin) and Miguel Ferrer (Crossing Jordan) co-starred on the cop drama.

Our sister site Deadline first reported the cancellation news.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Cancellations, News

1. B says:

Didn’t care for the show, but I’m going to freak out if they don’t renew “Drop Dead Diva”.

2. kevin says:

I could care less to see more ALLY WALKER.

3. Ashley says:

I hope they renew Against the Wall!

4. Linderella says:

I actually liked this series. I hope Ally finds another gig soon. I especially liked the interaction between Ally and her partner.

5. iceblast says:

There goes another good show down the drain.

6. Don J says:

Megan, you have an error in your article. I only watched the 1st episode, but Ally’s character worked for the LAPD, not NYPD.

It wasn’t a good show. Once it got moved to 11pm, it was guanranteed to get cancelled.

7. Ally fan says:

While the show was well done and competent, it lacked anything new or unique. Sadly it was just another police show about soemone with some story.

The numbers showed this. This isn’t a surprise.

8. TrulyRoxie says:

Darn, I planned on watching this show, but forgot all about it. Oh well :(

9. Sparky says:

Tried it out a couple of times and I got bored with it on both occasions and switched off. Like Drop Dead Diva although its time to put Grayson and Jane together or move on – this storyline is getting boring. Also liking Against the Wall – good cast..

10. Luke says:

Sorry, but after her run as such a heinous character on SoA, I just can’t bring myself to see her as anyone else…

11. Tia says:

I liked the show but it was in a horrible timeslpt. It would have done better paired with Against the Wall.

12. Andrea says:

This was an inferior version of The Profiler. I didn’t think this show stood a chance.

13. Candy Corn says:

I watched it, and am a little disappointed it won’t be back, but there’s enough good summer programming on that I’m sure I’ll keep myself busy. I Would have loved to see the brother’s character more fleshed out, he was basically relegated to baby sitting duty. I do love the police procedurals (Against the Wall is better than I thought it woud be), but I don’t really watch too many of them in the fall and winter (just Bones). I had to give up CSI, Castle and NCIS because I’d just rather be watching Fringe, Dexter, The Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire, Sons of Anarchy, Vampire Diaries, Community, The office, Parks and Rec, The Ggood Wife, Glee, Parenthood, Supernatural, Chuck, Survivor and Big Bang Theory. Now with all the new stuff I have to check out – Terra Nova, Once Upon A Time, Grim, Homeland, American Horror Story, Hell on Wheels, Prime Suspect…oh my God…I need to get a life outside of TV…

14. Lisa says:

I couldn’t stand her on The Profiler either. Tisha Campbell-Martin was a mistake, period.

15. Erica Cormier says:

I’m hoping someone on here can help me!! It’s driving my husband and I insane. Who is the actor that plays JACK BRENNAN, the cop that she’s dating and has over for dinner?? He looks sooooo familiar!! Please help if you can! Thanks!!

16. Dacaria says:

What did they expect airing the show at 11pm ET? I know we could dvr it, but still it was if Lifetime was trying to kill the show by putting it at that hour.

17. trudy sett says:

watched two episodes last nite and decided that I really liked it. has a lot of warm and funny charachters…just read on the internet that it has been shut down…the airwaaves are now loaded up with reality shows…give me a break….

18. Serena says:

I really enjoyed this show this stinks

19. Lyn n Rob says:

My husband and I borh love Against The Wall…very few shows we watch together, please and thank you for more seasons!!! Great cast and stories!