Glee in Season 3: What Should Be Puck's Next Move? Take Our Poll!

He’s done time in Juvie, he’s made a baby with Quinn, and he’s romanced Santana, Rachel, Mercedes, and Lauren — all in the course of two seasons. But there’s a twist in store for Noah Puckerman (Mark Salling) in Season 3 of Glee that will change his life inside the halls of William McKinley High School: My colleague Michael Ausiello reports [MAJOR SPOILER ALERT] that Puck’s steady girlfriend Lauren Zizes (Ashley Fink) will unceremoniously dump him in the Season 3 opener. And that’s got me wondering: With Puck back on the prowl, who should get the benefit of his romantic attentions? Let’s review the possibilities:

Quinn | They’ve got history and chemistry for days, but this time around, they don’t have Puck’s bestie Finn turning their affair into a love triangle.

Rachel | Like Quinn, she’s got history and chemistry with Puck, but they also have Rachel’s renewed romance with Puck’s bestie Finn to complicate matters. And nobody wants to see that psychodrama revisited quite so quickly, do they?

Mercedes | We know her brief dalliance with Sam (Chord Overstreet) is doomed, since Trouty Mouth won’t be recurring in Season 3. And while word on the street is that Cougar Town‘s LaMarcus Tinker is joining the cast as her love interest, who says Mercedes isn’t woman enough to juggle two men for a spell?

Santana | Back in June, Ryan Murphy told TVLine that “Santana is now officially a lesbian.” But would Puck let a little complication like that stop him from pursuing his former cheerleader hookup?

Brittany | Hmmm. Puck, Artie, and Santana all fighting for the same sweet but dim-witted gal? Not out of the question, is it?

Sugar | American Dreams‘ Vanessa Lengies has been cast as this tone-deaf chick with money, and certainly the potential cute-couple monikers are intriguing: Puckar? Pugar? SuPu? Suck? (Okay, maybe not that last one.)

The Other New Girl (played by The Glee Project‘s Lindsay Pearce) | She’s already proven to be an effective on-camera kisser, so why not bring Lindsay on board as someone to help mop up the carnage of Puck’s shattered heart?

Terri Schuester | Like a horror-movie villain, you can never be too certain Terri won’t claw her way back to terrorize New Directions one more time. Not that I’m advocating this option, mind you.

Karofsky | What am I doing turning this blog item into a piece of slash fanfiction? I’m the worst!

Quick! Take our poll now and tell us who should be the new object of Puck’s affection, then hit the comments to justify your pick! And because we’ll be doing a series of “Glee in Season 3″ polls over the next week, do follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. carkeyes2 says:

rach and puck. not big fan of finn, they forgive his mistakes way to easily, love the actor tho.

2. Loui says:

I highly doubt that our opinion matters in this. I mean yes, there is a poll. But i highly doubt that TVline would give the results to the writers.
    It could be really awesome if they did. But i doubt it.

I am team Puckleberry
    Team Rachel
    Team Puck

i love Quinn. Alone.
    Not with anyone just alone, because honestly?
    Quinn is a bit of a bitch to her guys :/
    So…Puck deserves better, he deserves Rachel.

3. Krystal says:

Quinn! I loved quinn and puck together in season 1 they had so much chemistry, i really missed them in season 2 so i hope they get together in season 3.

4. Anon says:

Puckleberry <3 My first OTP. Since Faberry won't be acknowledged as canon so I want the best guy for Rachel and Quinndependence.

5. Haley says:

This poll is meant to be for fun! It’s not going to change what happenes on the show. What this fandom needs to learn is that people are going to have different opinions than you, learn to respect that. Instead, you run around, making posts and commenting on other people’s posts how your ship is right and how their’s is wrong. Here’s a tip, nobody cares! People come here to vote for fun and they leave a nice comment stating why they voted that way. Why you all feel the need to attack that is childish. Grow up, it’s just a show. Again, this poll is just for fun!

6. Jessica says:

I love Puck with Rachel. He was only mean to her in the beginning, then she changed him. He wanted to be her friend, he stopped harrassing other kids, he stood up for Kurt, he apolgized to Finn, he´s been there for Rachel whenever she needed somebody, etc.

He didn´t seem to wanna change while he was with Quinn. She never had that effect on him.

And besides that, Quinn and Finn have so much more chemistry. You could literally feel how much she loves him. I´m not saying that THEY should be together. I´m only saying that you can FEEL so much more between Quinn and Finn. She even encouraged Mercedes to get with Puck. Come on!

But Quinn and Puck? They had sex which was a mistake. Oh, and people probably think that they´re looking good with each other. That´s it, right? That doesn´t make a good relationship.

7. Lisa says:

PUCKLEBERRY FOR THE WIN!!!

8. anna says:

I love my Bubble, the majority of the rest of the Glee fandom makes me mad, but i LOVE my Bubble.

9. Celia says:

Anyone but Quinn, that pairing is toxic.

10. Gina says:

Rachel SHOULD.

that doesn’t meant it will be, there are many things that SHOULD be in glee but aren’t oh well…

Season 2 and the finchel crapfest made the show a joke. Season 3 will only end up burying it with more of the same (wemma, finchel and now quick…please)

11. chloe says:

puckleberry! they never got the chance to develop, I would love to see them interact more and go out again. I know some people don’t understand the attraction to puckleberry, and that’s okay. Each to their own.

12. Anon says:

Haha. Im cracking up. The Puchel shippers are so bitter. Sucks to be you guys. Really. You sound crazy.

13. Anon says:

Oh my god, Puckleberry shippers are crazy! It’s a poll, it’s for fun..it will not change what happens on the show. You don’t look like a fan at the moment, you just look crazy. I get shipping them, it’s your right to ship whatever you want. But seriously what are you all trying to prove right now. Grow up!

• teresa says:

what are you talking about?

• jess says:

Agreed. Crazy is defiantly the word. I have never really thought so until now. Great way to represent your fandom Puckleberries.

• hannah says:

But some Quick shippers are doing the same thing. Just because some of the Puckleberry fandom are being O.D. doesn’t mean we all are. Don’t group or stereotype people because of the fictional couple they really want to be together. You think we need to grow up? What about the other shippers who tell us to, get over our couple because “it’ll never happen and Quick is endgame”?

• Anon says:

Why is it that all the hateful comments I see are from people who hate Puckleberry and yet Puckleberry shippers are “crazy”? you need to get your eyes checked.

• BETH says:

Tbere are hateful comments coming from both sides. I see more personal attacks from the PR fanbase. Not just here, everywhere. Maybe YOU need your eyes checked.
        This is one of the reasons i dont ship. It takes all the fun out of the show.

14. anon says:

I don’t know.. I can never see Puck and Rachel as more than friends. It’s just creepy. He acts like her big brother.. :3
    I loved Puck and Quinn but we barely got to see them together.

15. Jessica says:

I honestly don’t understand how RACHEL is still an option. First off, the writers only put Puck and Rachel together when they need an inconsequential third party coming between Finn and Rachel. Second, Rachel has only ever loved Finn and Puck has never had more than sexual feelings for her. Third, and most importantly, they use one another. Puck is my favourite character and, as such, deserves someone who doesn’t use him for her own benefit. So, really, none of these options are good enough for Puck. And, furthermore, I hate that he uses Rachel, used Mercedes, Santana and Brittany. The only current girl he never used was Quinn. Ergo, the best person for Puck – the person who helps him GROW – is Quinn. HOW IS RACHEL WINNING!?

• sandy says:

“Puck is my favourite character and, as such, deserves someone who doesn’t use him for her own benefit.”

and QUINN is that person????? pfffff
      I think you are watching another show.

• Sarah says:

No, Quinn is NOT that person. She wasn´t a good girlfriend for Puck at all. In fact, I never even considered her as being his girlfriend. She was a hookup.

16. jamie says:

I hate to burst EVERYONE’s bubble, but Puckleberry will not be more than a story filler or friendship. From day one it has been said FINCHEL is endgame, therefore, puck and rachel DO NOT end up together…sorrry

• anna says:

so what are you saying is that because they are not “endgame” we can’t ship them? yeah ok.. sure, sweety.

• Karen says:

it just means your going to be disappointed because from the looks of all these arguments for Puck/Rachel, you guys are wayy to emotionally invested in a ship that’s not going to happen.

• anna says:

I don’t think i’m going to get dissapointed, i’m gonna be sad if
          /when they don’t get together at the end? Yes, because like you say i am emotionally invested in them and i don’t regret it because thanks to shipping them I have made amazing friends, the puckleberry fandom is like a family, a happy bubble filled with beautiful, fun and talented people. And I’m so glad I met them. So, no, I’m not gonna get dissapointed. I’m happy with my ship, I love watching their interactions on the show, I love reading stories about them and seeing and making graphics of them. And, like I said, I love my puckleberry friends. So over all, I’m having a great time shipping them and I don’t think I will ever regret it.

• PuckleberryShipper says:

I’m not going to be disappointed. I ship Puckleberry with the full and complete knowledge that Ryan Murphy and company will never put Puck and Rachel together as a viable company. I know full well that Quick and Finchel are the endgame for this show. I don’t like it, but I know it. Really I haven’t ever expected anything else from this show.

Knowing all that doesn’t make one bit of difference for me loving Puck and Rachel together. I don’t “ship” a couple because I think they are going to be paired together by a show, just like I don’t root for a sports team because I think they are going to win their game.

17. Bell says:

PUCKLEBERRY=WIN!!!!

18. Amelia says:

Puck and Rachel fans honestly don’t care about endgame. When you see potential in two characters despite the writer’s intentions, you just don’t give up. Is Puckleberry endgame? Probably not. But because I ship Puckleberry, I’ve met so many amazing and kindhearted people who I am sometimes closer to than my real life friends, and because of that, I’ll always be grateful for Puckleberry.

Also.. Lol, why are people acting like that Puck/Rachel are such an unpopular ship? Why is it so unbelievable that Rachel would win this poll? Sure, it may not be as popular as Brittana or Klaine, but we have quite a large fanbase. Believe it or not, not everyone ships Quick or Finchel.

Keep calm and ship Puckleberry!!

• Stef says:

“But because I ship Puckleberry, I’ve met so many amazing and kindhearted people who I am sometimes closer to than my real life friends, and because of that, I’ll always be grateful for Puckleberry.”

That’s the best part of Puckleberry, the BUBBLE and the amazing people in it that I have met and love and will be friends with long after the show is over.

Is Puckleberry endgame? nope and I never thought they would be, not cause they aren’t great or worthy of the title, but because the writers don’t want it and at the end there is nothing we can do about it. Do I think it’s a waste? totally. but what can you do, luckily we have amazing fanfiction writers in our fandom that fix that.

As for the people who say we puckleberries are wasting our time, what does it matter? It’s our time to waste. How does it hurt other fanbases or the show that we ship Rachel and Puck. us loving this couple won’t alter the show or what the writers think.

As for this poll that honestly is just for fun, everyone is taking it way to seriously. We ship who we ship can’t we just leave it at that and be done with it?

• Beth says:

They can keep saying it’s a waste of time, but we in the Puckleberry bubble know that nothing is final until the end. Joey ended up with Pacey didn’t she? :) Love ya fellow puckleberries!!

19. anonymous says:

puckleberry!

20. GJS says:

I want a Pucktana friendship!

21. sarah says:

quick is on bitches!!

22. BeeBee says:

The only girl I want in his life is BETH.

Rachel and Quinn can have a bromance with him tho. Or some sort of weird family unit, since, you know, baby mama and sister of his child.

Quickleberry Bromance FTW!

23. :) says:

yessssss ! PUCK AND RACHEL !!!!

24. Chen says:

Same. I can’t want Quinn with a guy who pressured her into having (unprotected) sex when she was depressed instead of trying to talk to her.

25. D says:

I go with Puck/Quinn. I want to see them work things out in season 3. Puckleberry is fine but they’re better off as friends. I only like Rachel when she’s with Jesse, where she’s less annoying and there’s actually more of her non-destructive and driven nature.

I won’t even mention the ~superman couple with the cape. But then again, we all know how capes end up with superheroes. It snags down the missile fin and they die. Just like Finchel. Oh crap I just said their name.

I swear a lot.

26. Anna says:

Did you love me?
    Yes, especially now.

QUICK <3

27. gabby says:

Despite me not liking Quick, I’m tired of people saying Puck “pressured” or took advantage of her. Winecoolers aren’t strong and I doubt they had more than two packs. I don’t think Quinn was drunk because as said in an episode of Glee, she’s an “angry” drunk. She sure as hell didn’t look angry. I’m not standing up for Quick but I’m standing up for Puck, my favorite character who deserves someone better than Quinn who will always want the star quarterback.

28. PuckleberryShipper says:

Rachel, obviously, lol. She can see Noah’s potential, even when most other people have just dubbed him a “Lima loser”. He’ll take up for Rachel when everybody else ducks their head and shuts their mouth while she’s being insulted.

29. Kimbo says:

Puckelberry Fo Sho!!!

30. Jen says:

Ok, honestly. I love the puckleberry friendship possibility, but that is it. Lea was definitely the one to suggest them together. But she is also the one who has stated that they are bad red, and they don’t have anything real. I don’t ship, but I think everybody knows that Lea is probably one of the biggest finchel shippers in the world. Not to mention how she said she does not want another love interest. I honestly love every character. I can’t bring myself to hate any of the, becase the cast is so freaking adorable. Mark is not really that great of an actor, and don’t hate me, but I’m not a huge fan of his voice either, but I would like to see him prove me wrong in the acting. So I don’t really want any girl with the exception of Beth for him to connect with this season.

31. Cb says:

I don’t hate any character either, but I feel bad for the people that hate Finn and Rachel. Especially Rachel. The show must be awful for you. To think puckleberry will be romantic in any way is hilarious, but there fans can want that for them. I personally don’t ship him romantically with anyone, bit especially not Rachel. He is more of a brother to her, however his friendship with her is the most honest one that he has had on the show IMO. But no puck and Rachel. Puck and Beth all the way.

32. Anon says:

” He is more of a brother to her” UGH. This is such a boring argument. You don’t make out/find your brother/sister attractive. At least, I hope you don’t.

“however his friendship with her is the most honest one that he has had on the show IMO”
    Then why is it hilarious to want to ship them romantically?

Also, as an aside, I don’t hate Finn– I hate the way the writers have chosen to write him in the second season and I hate how he treats Rachel.

33. Jam says:

Get over it suckleberry peeps. Puck likes Finn and rach. New York anyone? I like the friendship too, bit I also see him as more of a good friend to her. He never really wanted her. He wanted to get some. “Rachel was a hot Jew and the good lord wanted me to vet into her pants.” I also think that it is really impossible to ship puck with anyone. He is too much of a sexy beast to be tied down. I don’t think anyone should be with Quinn, chick has way too many issues. Pretty much everyone else is taken. Including who? Rachel berry that’s who. Hey, puck is part of the reason why she is taken. New York anyone?

34. Angie says:

QUICK UNTIL THE VERY END. For once I’d like to see RM not drop the ball on established lines. What happened to Puck and Quinn? They had a CHILD together, he told her he loved her, and in season two they barely acknowledged that the other existed. I love Finchel, I do, but I’d love for some more Quick time. It’s about time that something real and established actually carries on. By far, I think they’re the best for one another. They challenge each other. Fuinn never would have worked because he brought out the worst in Quinn. Quick just… works.

35. anonymous says:

i hope they make a new series coming from the original glee and make puckleberry… PUCKLEBERRY!!!

36. R says:

EVERYONE CALM DOWN. PUCKELBERRY AND QUICK FANS ALIKE.

Don’t hate on other ships, just because you feel strongly about a certain ship. This is truly the ugly side of the Glee fandom – ship wars. My best friend ships Puckelberry and I like Puckelberry as a friendship only, but we don’t even have to fight about it, we accept each other’s opinions.
    So can we not tear each other down guys? As much as you hate seeing hate on your ship, others probably hate you doing it to their ship too.

37. Jessie says:

Quick! I feel very confident about them this season. :)

38. Nat says:

Rachel :) The show needs a relationship that isn´t based on forced feelings. Rachel and Puck really like each other whilst Quinn and Puck have given it a try and it didn´t work out. I´m over them. Rachel and Puck deserve a chance and there are clearly a lot of viewers who want to see them together.

• gina says:

lol puck supports finchel(new york) and the only person puck has real feelings for is quinn, lol no one wants more finchel drama. This season will be all about Quick and Finchel so deal with it.

• hannah says:

where, this season, did you see Puck having real feelings for Quinn?

• Nat says:

I´ve seen Puck singing a wonderful song with Rachel, I´ve seen Puck being a very good friend for Rachel and I´ve seen Puck having feelings for Lauren (even though I thought that it was rather odd). I didn´t see any kind of scene that would lead me to believe that Puck wants to be with Quinn. And you are very right – Nobody wants more Finchel drama. That´s the reason for why so many fans would like to see Rachel being with another boy. And some of those fans think that Puck should be that boy. To sum this post up in your words: Deal with it!

• erica says:

lol what are you talking about? At the beginning in the first episode Jacob asks him if hes depressed about Quinn in which he doesn’t answer and shuts the camera off indicating that hes not over her, during TOE they looked straight at each other very sadly, episode 3 Puck sings only the good die young to her, episode 4 Quinn is very unsure about Sam because of puck, episode 6 when puck comes back to juvie he breaks down in Figgins office complaining that no one cares about him. There are numerous amounts of moments throughout that season that showed that they’re not over each other. TPPP he showed a look of concern for her when he had seen Quinn’s new look. This week’s episode is supposed to be all about them so you’ll see.

39. T says:

puckleberry for the win

40. Hahe says:

I thought every ship fandom was bad, especially faberry/achele. Those people are seriously sick. But puckleberry fans are getting up there. I mean no craziness, but darn sure fight hard over something that will NEVER EVER happen on the show again. As much as I think st. Berry shippers are also crazy, at least they may have a tiny shot with the spin off. That is if there is one. I love the friendship that puck and Rachel have, and could have. But in no way should they be romantically linked. They weren’t even a real couple they lasted for all of one hour in tv land, and like 30 seconds the second time. At least Sam and Santana lasted a couple of eps. I don’t want more drama between Finn and Rachel either, but like so many people have said we know that is not happening. Confirmed by Rachel berry herself, Ryan, brad, and somewhat Cory. I honestly don’t ship, or whatever you call it any couple. I like them all to an extent, and they all have their ups and downs. For example puckleberrys down is that they, and especially Rachel; don’t care about each other in that way. Finn, puck, and Jesse were all jerks to her if you ask me, but Finn was the only one who had a right to be one. Not that I am defending him cause I hated him middle season 2, but I will give him a chance. Puck was a jerk because he flat out used her, and when she tried to break it off easily, he insulted her, and Jesse well. Jesse is Jesse. Puck and Rachel will absolutely not happen romantically in anyway. Time to let it go, or stick to fan fiction.

• Susy says:

The question is What Should Be Puck´s Next Move?, and not Will Puckleberry Happen?. Why do people get so upset? Everybody can ship everything he wants. No need to try and change minds.

41. Anonymous says:

Kurt. Because Puck sleeps around so much and treats most girls badly.
    Puckurt all the way. I’d at least like a scene where they talk to each other. I mean, 1st season he was throwing Kurt in the dumpster and then 2nd season he was suddenly calling Kurt ‘My Boy Kurt’ and putting his head on his shoulder. Talk about inconsistency. RIB EXPLAIN THIS.
    Now 3rd season and he holds Kurts’ hand while they watch Finn try to dance??? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hYVAuvEZCA, at 1:24)

42. Rachel says:

I will forever ship Puckleberry. No matter what. I’ll always think that after graduation there’s a time and place for them. I don’t give a crap about people who say that Rachel and Finn belong with each other, or that they’re perfect, or that Rachel doesn’t like Puck. Because I know, that they’ve got one hell of a chemistry that Finn could never have with her. I know Puck likes Rachel (why would he then always help her when she asks him?). Besides Finchel is toxic. Why would you want a relationship like that, with a guy who always goes back and forth with you and his ex, a guy who doesn’t appreciate you enough, who’s scared to stand up for you in public. At least Puck stands up for Rachel. Besides… Puck lets her call him NOAH, FOR GODSAKE.

43. Ellen says:

It’s kinda funny how many people say that they aren’t endgame. It’s like your stating something that we puckleberry shippers didn’t know. Does that mean we’ll stop shipping them? Hell no. Why? Cause they’re awesome, that’s why.

44. Kaitlyn says:

Uh… Did i just get rick roll’d by crazy puckleberry fans?O.o

45. Sergio says:

After tonight’s episode, it’s clear that it’s Shelby.

46. mrspuckerman says:

PUCKLEBERRY FOREVER!!! Screw Finnchel!

47. Han says:

Rachel and Puck have the best on-screen chemistry.

48. drogba 11 says:

puck belongs to quinn…..yeah quick forever