Glee in Season 3: What Should Be Puck's Next Move? Take Our Poll!

He’s done time in Juvie, he’s made a baby with Quinn, and he’s romanced Santana, Rachel, Mercedes, and Lauren — all in the course of two seasons. But there’s a twist in store for Noah Puckerman (Mark Salling) in Season 3 of Glee that will change his life inside the halls of William McKinley High School: My colleague Michael Ausiello reports [MAJOR SPOILER ALERT] that Puck’s steady girlfriend Lauren Zizes (Ashley Fink) will unceremoniously dump him in the Season 3 opener. And that’s got me wondering: With Puck back on the prowl, who should get the benefit of his romantic attentions? Let’s review the possibilities:

Quinn | They’ve got history and chemistry for days, but this time around, they don’t have Puck’s bestie Finn turning their affair into a love triangle.

Rachel | Like Quinn, she’s got history and chemistry with Puck, but they also have Rachel’s renewed romance with Puck’s bestie Finn to complicate matters. And nobody wants to see that psychodrama revisited quite so quickly, do they?

Mercedes | We know her brief dalliance with Sam (Chord Overstreet) is doomed, since Trouty Mouth won’t be recurring in Season 3. And while word on the street is that Cougar Town‘s LaMarcus Tinker is joining the cast as her love interest, who says Mercedes isn’t woman enough to juggle two men for a spell?

Santana | Back in June, Ryan Murphy told TVLine that “Santana is now officially a lesbian.” But would Puck let a little complication like that stop him from pursuing his former cheerleader hookup?

Brittany | Hmmm. Puck, Artie, and Santana all fighting for the same sweet but dim-witted gal? Not out of the question, is it?

Sugar | American Dreams‘ Vanessa Lengies has been cast as this tone-deaf chick with money, and certainly the potential cute-couple monikers are intriguing: Puckar? Pugar? SuPu? Suck? (Okay, maybe not that last one.)

The Other New Girl (played by The Glee Project‘s Lindsay Pearce) | She’s already proven to be an effective on-camera kisser, so why not bring Lindsay on board as someone to help mop up the carnage of Puck’s shattered heart?

Terri Schuester | Like a horror-movie villain, you can never be too certain Terri won’t claw her way back to terrorize New Directions one more time. Not that I’m advocating this option, mind you.

Karofsky | What am I doing turning this blog item into a piece of slash fanfiction? I’m the worst!

Quick! Take our poll now and tell us who should be the new object of Puck’s affection, then hit the comments to justify your pick! And because we’ll be doing a series of “Glee in Season 3″ polls over the next week, do follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. Sophi says:

Quinn. Rachel and Puck seems way forced and I don’t see any chemistry there. The other options are all silly. So definitely Quinn and Puck. Who WOULDN’T want to see the two most smokin’ characters making out regularly?? haha

2. Tam says:

i want to see puck with somebody new. Quinn is a control freak bitch she never trusted puck yeah she had reason to but he tried to help her and all she’d do is bitch lets face it folks if the truth never came out about beth being pucks quinn would have kept her but once that went south she had no other choice but to go to puck. quick is toxic let puck be with someone new although i’d perfer puckleberry finchel *gags* stay together sadly

3. Chen says:

Mercedes, or Rachel, or anyone but Quinn. Though they probably don’t know who to hook up Quinn with in s3 either.

4. Rachel says:

Chemistry is totally relative, because Puck/Quinn chemistry? Since when? Dianna is sadly the weakest actress on the show and it doesn’t help her acting to put her against Mark. He has gotten a lot better since the pilot, but it’s best to put both of them with someone with greater talent. It’s more natural that way, like Mark and Lea.

5. Kate says:

Rachel! Puck is way better suited to her than Finn could ever be. “Finchel” is an unhealthy r’ship and its concerning to me as a psychologist to see that TPTB are presenting them as anything but.

6. anonymous says:

WTF are you talking about Dianna is like the best actress on the show. She is great at making people feel bad for her character even when she is being the bitchiest she can possibly be. I also dont agree with your idea of Mark’s acting either, he was the best with Dianna

7. Emily says:

WHAT ABOUT TINA?

8. Mori says:

Okay, I see a lot of people saying “I don’t see how anyone can ship Puckleberry”. Let me tell you some of the reasons /I/, personally, ship Puckleberry.
    1. Puck is known for his reputation as a sex shark. He’s a horny teenage boy. We all know this. But when he dreamed about Rachel in Mash-Up, what was she wearing? A modest white dress. She looked beautiful. Puck didn’t dream about her barely clothed, or in some trampy outfit, he dreamed about her looking beautiful and he wanted her to be his. This is why I don’t understand the ‘he just wanted in her pants’ argument, because if he just wanted into her pants, he wouldn’t have dreamed of her looking like a freaking pure angel.
    2. It was a message from God. ;)
    3. He’s always doing things to show how much he cares about her. Sorry, but guys don’t go out of their way to do this kind of stuff they see ONLY as friends. Maybe he THINKS he just thinks of her as a friend, but deep down, it’s obvious he cares about her in a romantic way. I seriously doubt any of my *JUST* guy friends would organization a freaking flash mob to show me I was beautiful.
    4. Mark and Lea have amazing chemistry.
    5. They are the only constant relationship on the show.
    6. He isn’t ashamed of her, like Finn, and she is proud of him and believes in him, unlike Quinn.
    7. His mom would love Rachel. Not just because she’s Jewish, but because she’s hardworking, gorgeous, smart, talented, and knows what she wants and how to get it.
    8. Puck changed for her. Up until he dated Rachel, I did NOT like Puck. He was a douche bag. But after I watched Mash-Up, I really warmed up to him.
    9. He was clearly upset when Rachel broke up with him in Mash-Up.
    10. He was the only one that defended her in Special Education. Not her boyfriend at the time (Finn), or her friends (Kurt and Mercedes), no, PUCK, who up until that point barely spoke to her in season 2, was the one to come to her defense. Not only that, he was the only one who tried comforting her after the truth came out about Finn and Santana.

There are more, of course, and I’d be glad to list more if you want.

9. Kendall says:

Quinn!!!! Puck needs to be with Quinn!

10. hola says:

Puck’s next move should be continuing to grow as a person and not go back to the way he used to be. That would be all too easy, but it’d be awesome if he kept getting better and focused on graduating and planning a future/go after his dreams. He showed tremendous growth in season two, and it was the most delightful surprise the whole season.

This show has too much relationship stuff and it can get so annoying and boring. There are other aspects of teenage/high school life to explore. I say he should just be a cool friend to all the ladies rather than boyfriend. Guy/girl friendships are refreshing on a show where it seems guys and girls can’t be just friends.

11. Erin says:

Lol at Quick having chemistry.

All I want is Puckleberry… if they don’t end up together on the show (in my head they will eventually) I at least want them to be best friends.

12. horo says:

Puck and Kurt could complement each other perfectly! dolphin + sex shark

13. anonymous says:

Wow i cant believe how Puckleberry shippers can be soo delusional. One of the biggest problems with them is that they don’t understand the way Quinn works. They don’t understand the Quick relationship at all because they are too busy obsessing over how “great” rachel is. Quinn is THE most f***ed up character on Glee and only her true fans really see the depth of her character. Quinn’s problem throughout the entire season was that she was keeping everything bottled up inside her because that’s exactly what her parents taught her to do. No one really knows why Quick haven’t spoken to each other for a whole season but ANYONE would have seen that both of them were depressed about the situation. What Puck is clearly doing throughout the entire season is probably exactly what she told him to do, letting her deal with it on her own, he did the same when she was with Finn and he is still doing it because he knows thats what Quinn wants. If they really didnt love each other then why are they still staring at each other during every one of their songs. As for Rachel, they never gave a damn about each other romantically, i will admit that they were sweet in Mash Up but seriously, i mean she was picturing Finn while they were making out with each other. I may not be the biggest fan of finchel but i am smart enough to know that they are going to end up with each other i means its blantantly obvious. Puck is FRIENDS with rachel, the only time they are actually more than that is when they are using each other to make Finn and Quinn jealous. I just dont understand why Pucklberry shippers cant just settle on a frienship because they were obviously not meant to be a couple in the writer’s POV. With both Lauren and Sam gone its now even more clear that in the end its going to be Quinn/Puck. Considering the SL that they will be having together next season, they can no longer ignore each other

• Cindy says:

So true….it is time for Quinn and Puck to have their story.

• Mori says:

Are you kidding? I’m a HUGE Quinn stan and that’s WHY I don’t ship her with Puck. They are two of my favorite characters on the show, but them together just doesn’t work. Quinn doesn’t believe in him, they dated for the total from what, Hell-O to Laryngitis at the MOST? And if that’s true, Puck tried cheating on Quinn with Rachel. How cute and romantic. Then when Puck dated Mercedes, Quinn was COMPLETELY supportive. Not a hint of jealousy.

• anna says:

I can assure you that I adore Quinn. And Puck is my favorite character. And I’m not afraid to say that even though Quick was my first ship on Glee and I LOVED them together at the beggining, then stuff got horrible with them and later the writers neglected their storyline in a way I don’t think it could be solved. Even more, now I understand that they don’t work together that well, not after all that has happened.. they have a bond, for sure, but that doesn’t mean that they are right for each other.
      Also I think is very rude of you to call us delusional when Rachel and Noah have had a decent amount of screen time together last season, they have developed a friendship and I’m sure that they could make a beautiful couple.

14. Cass says:

Besides when Quinn was pregnant, when did Puck ever show any concern or care over Quinn? Never. He even helped Lauren out with that whole Quinn-is-Lucy-Caboosey (dumbass SL, btw) with her past. Plus, the whole time Puck and Quinn were ‘dating,’ she was basically whining the whole time. Quinn maybe pretty, but that’s about all she has going for her. Plus, Finchel and Quick are just super dysfunctional. Seriously, some of the worst couples I’ve ever seen.

15. Christine says:

PUCKLEBERRY please, and thank you.

16. Charlotte says:

I’m sorry but Puck needs to go after Rachel. Sure Finchel are back on board but Rachel/Puck have so much more chemistry together. Plus when the truth about Finn/Santana came out, who was there for Rachel? Puck was. Who has always been there for Rachel? Puck has. Puck/Rachel need to get together as they are perfect for each other.
    If not those two, then I do believe Puck needs to get back with his baby momma Quinn.

17. LL says:

Regardless or reasons why people ship what they do I just think it’d be bizarre and awfully lazy of the writers to bring back quick after a season of no interaction.If they were always the plan there should have been some kind of interaction to show that but instead he made it plain as day he was in love with Lauren.

• Rita says:

lol thats why puck/lauren are breaking up right? because they’re in love with each other… puck actually loves quinn lauren’s a rebound, she always was, we knew her character wasn’t going to be around very long, plus she didn’t even have a real storyline.

18. marlisa says:

Definitely Puck and Rachel whether its romantic or platonic. If you think about it Puckleberry is the only consistent thing on Glee and when they do interact it isn’t filled with unwanted drama.

Puck doesn’t have to pretend to be badass all the time with Rachel and Rachel isn’t a clingy annoying bitch when she’s with Puck (sorry Finchel shippers)

Puck and quinn is nothing but a one night stand that is being turned into a ‘love story’. I don’t care who you ship its your opinion and you have every right to it (even if I think its the dumbest thing ever).

Puck did what ever he could to get close to quinn because she was pregnant with his child and he wanted to be a good dad unlike his own ‘ my dads a deadbeat and I don’t roll that way.’

Knowing that Puck will sleep with anything with a vagina Quinn used him for a personal gain – to feel good about herself because she was feeling fat that day and it just so happens that she got pregnant.

Its clear that quinn regrets the entire situation and puck does too. You don’t base a relationship on a baby – oh we had a baby together, I guess that means we should be together too…umm, no. And I really hope the writers show some respect to the topic.

Puck and Quinn = Water and Oil
    Puck and Rachel = Summertime and Shorts

19. Sem Evans says:

I am offended that this “Sugar” is trying to steal my ship name with Puck.

Sam and Puck have and always will be Suck.

Suck forever.

It was always on.

20. weronika says:

Mam nadzieję, że Rachel wygra!

21. cand says:

I have known ever since I found out the Puck and Lauren break up in the first episode of the season that the writers were no doubt going for a Quick reunion…and the very thought terrifies me.

I have spent the last four years of my life studying psychology, focusing on the effects that certain events, situations,etc….have on people and the way they function and I honestly feel that if this were a real life situation (one which is unfortunately very unlikely to occur on Glee…hardly anything on there is realistic anymore) the writers would not go back to the traumatic and volatile relationship that was Quick.

There are tons of people that are going to disagree with me, but what Puck did to Quinn was not love, watching the scene in the finale where they rehashed exactly what had occurred between the two made me sick…it may not have been rape, but it definitely portrayed a vulnerable teen girl being taken advantage of by a teen boy…and that’s just unacceptable.

There are far too many teen girls who are in the same situation and it saddens me to think that Glee may go and decide to put a popular spin on a terrible situation (more than they already have).

I’ve read people commenting on how many teen girls have ended up with the father of their babies and that very well may be the case, I don’t dispute that…but ask yourself, how many of those teen girls were already in a relationship with the boy that got them knocked up? How many ended up with the boy that knocked them up after taking advantage of her in a moment of vulnerability? And then ask yourself…how many ended up together after giving a baby away for adoption? I think you’ll find the statistics alarming.

Say what you like, but that scene in the finale of season 1 shows exactly that: Puck took advantage of her and whats worse was fully aware of the fact he had no protection, so he lied to her too and it ended in disastrous consequences.

Quick isn’t a love story, there is far too many teen girls out there that will tell you this…what it is is an absolute tragedy that never should have happened…It’s a P.S.A advertisement to all teen girls of what could happen when you drink irresponsibly in a moment of depression, around boys who have raging hormones.

This whole situation is not something to be taken lightly…and frankly I don’t think the writers will handle it with the care it deserves…they didn’t in season 1 and I doubt they will now.

22. Brandi says:

Rachel! Puckleberry is the best! :)

23. JB says:

PUCKLEBERRY!! Puck and rachel should be together coz she makes him nicer and he mades her calmer! theres no doub about there on screen…and possible off screen chemistry! plus finn and rachel absolutle suck. cory makes lea look like a dwarf… a cute one but still! .

PUCKLEBERRY!

24. Yasmine says:

Puckleberry all THE way

25. FG says:

lol i love how puckleberry shippers are still debating something that will never happen. It was Finchel from the start guys seriously, they are confirmed endgame.

• carrie says:

plus if they were ever to get back together RM would just destroy it like he did with Fuinn, do you guys really want that or do you want a sweet frienship between two people who have absolutely never been in love with each other

• anon says:

It doesn’t really matter what is “confirmed” on this show. People have a right to believe what they want and a lot of us (a lot) think that Puck and Rachel would be great for each other. We’re not hurting anyone by thinking that.

• anna says:

Sorry for say it like this but.. endgame my ass! I don’t ship a pairing because of their chance of being “endgame” I ship them because I see something in them that makes me love them: potential, chemestry, a connection. Noah and Rachel have all that and if they are not endgame I couldn’t care less because for me they are always going to be 1000 times better than your endgame!finchel is ever going to be.

• bobbobin says:

You got owned. hahahaha!!!!

26. Rachel says:

Rachel. People don’t get that it’s not about friendship versus a relationship. It’s about who is good for each other and Puck and Rachel are better for each other than any of these other relationships they’ve been in.

27. Rachel says:

“And nobody wants to see that psychodrama revisited quite so quickly, do they?”

Wrong. It would be much better for a Puckleberry Finn triangle than any Quick Finn/Fuinn Puck/whatever it’s called triangle could ever be.

28. Alice says:

Quick and Finchel SUCK. Puckleberry FTW. Finn and Quinn deserve each other.

29. Nikki says:

Hilarious when the Finchel and Quick shippers come out to work against Puckleberry and make terrible arguments while doing so. Puckleberry has a lot of potential and build up. Quick doesn’t have that anymore. It’s lazy the way they’re doing this.

30. Piper says:

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHERE’S KURT? Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for some Dave lovin, but Puckurt! They’ve even said they discussed it at one point!

31. Louise says:

I can honestly say that i voted for Rachel.
    I think that Puck and Rachel have such a strong and deep connection.
    (People think Quinn & Puck has a better connection, but seriously all he ever did was knocking her up. They didn’t even date. They didn’t had anything together besides Beth)
    Puck has Rachel’s back…Puck is the one who pretty much changed Rachel’s mind about the whole “new nose” thing. He has done so much for her, that it’s only fair that she forgets about Finn, and is going to be with Puck.
    Deep down Rachel knows that Finn isn’t good for her. (Let’s face it, he doesn’t win the prize for boyfriend of the year does he?)
    So vote Rachel…

32. Amelia says:

Calling people who like Puck and Rachel as a romantic pairing delusional or crazy isn’t going to make us ship it any less. We love Puck and Rachel because they have so much potential; sure, they may not be in love, but they can be themselves around each other, without any fake facades. For example, in their conversation in Bad Reputation, it showed how truly similar they are. They care what people think about them, yet deep down, they just want to be loved and accepted for who they are.
    They could be really good for each other, and Puck clearly cares about Rachel, and does a lot for her without him having to gain anything. Rachel is the only person he has consistently treated well after 1×08.

33. Angelique says:

Rachel for sure they are my favorite couple

34. Sara says:

Definitely Rachel, for all the reasons my fellow Puckleberry fans have mentioned.

I’d just like to say that there are way more than fifty Puck/Rachel fans, as someone said earlier on this site. We have huge communities where we discuss Puckleberry on Tumblr,Fanforum, and as well as LiveJournal. We also have a total of 3,839 stories about Puck and Rachel on fanfiction.net, and we have many more stories on LiveJournal and Tumblr, so there are a lot of us out there.

“Glee” has mentioned the portmanteau “Puckleberry” three times (Bad Reputation,Furt, Night of Neglect) ,which is more than any other ship on the show, so it’s clear that although Puck/Rachel may never be a romantic pairing again, the writers clearly know that we are out there! :)

35. Sara says:

I’m sorry, I meant “Rumours” instead of Night of Neglect, my bad.

36. Joy says:

LOL 9,64% for Karofsky, is this serious or trollin?

37. Samantha Hylton says:

Puckleberry ftw!

38. Sherri says:

To me, relationships are about bringing out the best in them and accepting each other. Neither Quick or Finchel do that. I don’t think Quinn will ever be okay with not dating that star quarterback and Rachel will always feel the need to try and change herself for Finn. Each couple had their good moments, no denying that, but overall each relationship isn’t healthy. I voted Rachel because when her and Puck did date for one episode and any interactions after that, they were themselves and neither tried to change each other. Sure, Rachel did mostly take from him but there were several other boys she could’ve gone to but she chose Puck, she always goes back to Puck. And Puck, not matter what he gets out of it, he’ll do it for her. I like Puckleberry.

39. Sandi says:

He explores his gay side, hooks up with Blaine, and we have a Puck/Blaine/Kurt triangle.

40. Nel says:

I voted for Rachel.
    Quinn is awful, she´s always been awful and she will continue to be awful. Puck deserves so much better than her or Lauren.

41. anna says:

Rachel. No doubt. She’s the best for him and he’s the best for her.

42. FrancescaJonas3 says:

Absolutely Quinn and Puck! I would prefer Quinn being with Sam, but he’s not on the show anymore 

43. Diana says:

Rachel!!!! I think they make the cutest couple, I mean Puck is always doing nice things for her they’d are the cutest by far!!

44. Betty says:

It is a shame how polls start off pretty much being fair in the overall results of the majority of the viewers, but then the results get messed up when people start to cheat like the one group appears to be doing here. The first day the poll had Quinn in the undisputed majority along with numerous pro-comments. But in the last two days, another group appears to be leveling a lot of votes just to get their fav in the lead even though there is no hope for it other than a good friendship. Sad to see cheating. Oh well. Guess we will see which way it goes on Glee.

• Rachel says:

I think what you just described is voting, not cheating. It doesn’t matter if anything is likely to happen or not. It asked what people wanted, not what we think will happen.

• Rory says:

No one is cheating, sorry to say. Very few people were aware of the poll when it first started, and the people who WERE aware were the people who peruse tvline and casually watch Glee and ship the couples that the show has pushed them to ship. Once actual Glee fans caught on, the consensus started shifting (as is common when it comes to polls of this nature) because in reality, most of the Glee fandom would rather just see closure between Quinn and Puck than a relationship that pops out of nowhere after a season of ignoring each other.

45. Jessica says:

I would like for Quinn and Puck to get back together for like a couple of episodes just so that they can have some closure over the whole Beth thing and then realize what a terrible match they are and have an amicable break-up. Hopefully, both of them will be able to grow and mature.

46. anna says:

puckleberry fandom, i love you :)

47. anna says:

i think it would surprise some gleeks, how many people DON’T want quinn and puck back together and how many people really like puckleberry. Puck and Rachel have a big fandom so shut it, sweetheart.

48. wendy says:

lol this is kind of pathetic puckleberries… the Quick fandom had barely posted this anywhere and Quinn had at least 27% while rachel was at like 11%. Newsflash: posting this everywhere on tumblr and different blogs isn’t going to change anything.. the Quick fandom is still going incredibly strong after a WHOLE season together while if this happened to Puckleberry, your fandom would become even weaker because Rachel and Puck are not involved romantically.

• wendy says:

a whole season not together i mean

• mark says:

yeah but you all have boregron to deal with..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• bobbobin says:

That’s the thing. They might not be involved Romantically. But they are INVOLVED, even though as friends. Rather than NOT being involved at all in one whole season. And great relationships usually starts w/ great friendships.

• anna says:

our fandom is gonna get weaker? oh that shows how much you DON’T understand the Puckleberry fandom, we are stronger than ever and we know Finchel is together, we don’t care. And don’t call us pathetic for showing our support for our ship. How is that pathetic? I’m glad your fandom is still strong, it must be hard for your ship to not have any interaction at all but I get why you keep shipping them, you guys like them together, the same way the puckleberries like puck and rachel together and whatever happens, just like your fandom, we are not gonna stop shipping them. Oh.. what’s that? We are actually similar?? Wow I can’t believe it *sarcasm*, stop judging people without looking at your fandom first.

49. Joe says:

First off Lea has chemistry with everyone even a log, so that is why Lea and Dianna even work.

So that said Puck/Mark needs a strong acting partner and that is Lea not Dianna.

Her chemistry with Finn is cute/naive and the writers don’t really give them much chance to be anything but. Her chemistry Puck is hot they get to be flirty and well actually really kiss.

Puck and Quinn have only had one decent scene and that was when they made cupcakes after that nothing.

Every Rachel/Puck scene has been interesting be it a kissing or near kissing scene or as friends.

• amanda says:

lol thats bulls**** i dont understand why you’re saying that Dianna cant act thats offensive to her and not even true. Dianna is a great actress and is very good at portraying Quinn. Just because her personality isn’t annoying as Rachel doesn’t mean she is a bad actress. And Quinn is the only one who ever took an interest in Puck too. Plus not to mention, if Puck/Rachel are soo good together then why did Puck help finn out in asking her out?? If he actually had true romantic feelings for her he definitely wouldn’t have done that. Also I know you guys don’t like to admit this either but Quick ALWAYS looks at each other when Puck and Quinn sing solos in glee club, Quinn even looked right at Puck during need you now and Sam looked over to see what she was doing and she wasn’t paying ANY attention to her boyfriend and that’s proof that shes not over him. Rachel doesn’t do that with Puck and he doesn’t do that with her because they don’t love each other. So this poll really isn’t going to do anything and its pretty obvious that Quick will eventually get together at the end of the season, and trust me, pretty much every one of their scenes is decent so again, that is a horrible arguement

• anna says:

Quinn was being supportive in Need You Now. How many times does she have to say “I don’t want Puck” “He was a mistake” “Finn, you should have been my first, not Puck” for people to understand that she is not interested in him, she never wanted him. Even I know that and I was a hardcore Quick shipper on season 1, time has helped me understand that the only one kind of invested in that relationship was Puck. And he isn’t anymore.