Glee in Season 3: What Should Be Puck's Next Move? Take Our Poll!

He’s done time in Juvie, he’s made a baby with Quinn, and he’s romanced Santana, Rachel, Mercedes, and Lauren — all in the course of two seasons. But there’s a twist in store for Noah Puckerman (Mark Salling) in Season 3 of Glee that will change his life inside the halls of William McKinley High School: My colleague Michael Ausiello reports [MAJOR SPOILER ALERT] that Puck’s steady girlfriend Lauren Zizes (Ashley Fink) will unceremoniously dump him in the Season 3 opener. And that’s got me wondering: With Puck back on the prowl, who should get the benefit of his romantic attentions? Let’s review the possibilities:

Quinn | They’ve got history and chemistry for days, but this time around, they don’t have Puck’s bestie Finn turning their affair into a love triangle.

Rachel | Like Quinn, she’s got history and chemistry with Puck, but they also have Rachel’s renewed romance with Puck’s bestie Finn to complicate matters. And nobody wants to see that psychodrama revisited quite so quickly, do they?

Mercedes | We know her brief dalliance with Sam (Chord Overstreet) is doomed, since Trouty Mouth won’t be recurring in Season 3. And while word on the street is that Cougar Town‘s LaMarcus Tinker is joining the cast as her love interest, who says Mercedes isn’t woman enough to juggle two men for a spell?

Santana | Back in June, Ryan Murphy told TVLine that “Santana is now officially a lesbian.” But would Puck let a little complication like that stop him from pursuing his former cheerleader hookup?

Brittany | Hmmm. Puck, Artie, and Santana all fighting for the same sweet but dim-witted gal? Not out of the question, is it?

Sugar | American Dreams‘ Vanessa Lengies has been cast as this tone-deaf chick with money, and certainly the potential cute-couple monikers are intriguing: Puckar? Pugar? SuPu? Suck? (Okay, maybe not that last one.)

The Other New Girl (played by The Glee Project‘s Lindsay Pearce) | She’s already proven to be an effective on-camera kisser, so why not bring Lindsay on board as someone to help mop up the carnage of Puck’s shattered heart?

Terri Schuester | Like a horror-movie villain, you can never be too certain Terri won’t claw her way back to terrorize New Directions one more time. Not that I’m advocating this option, mind you.

Karofsky | What am I doing turning this blog item into a piece of slash fanfiction? I’m the worst!

Quick! Take our poll now and tell us who should be the new object of Puck’s affection, then hit the comments to justify your pick! And because we’ll be doing a series of “Glee in Season 3″ polls over the next week, do follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. yen says:

PUCKLEBERRY!!!they are both Jewish. Jewish people stick to each other. I love to see Puck’s mom fawn on Rachel. This ship really has the spice in it. Please make it Puckleberry!

2. anonymous says:

rachel

3. Stacey says:

Puck and Rachel have had amazing progression in their relationship consistently throughout S2, there’s no denying that and it’s been made extremely obvious that Puck obviously cares about Rachel A LOT. Whereas Puck and Quinn have basically ignored each other since they gave up Beth. I find it rather ridiculous how the writers plan to bring back this couple in a plausible way. Puckleberry truly have the potential to be one of the best couples on the show but it’s being wasted due to what the writers continue to pursue as pathetic “endgame”.

• Zoe says:

All of this. Honestly, this ‘endgame’ stuff is getting ridiculous. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and just because you don’t have the same opinion as someone else, doesn’t mean you need to cut them down or ‘diss’ their views. Its not your problem to stick your nose where it doesn’t belong. Personallly, I ship puckleberry, and I know that I will continue to ship them, but just because my best friend does ship Quick, it doesn’t mean I’ll bring her down or try to bring it up all the time. The fact is, is that she’s awesome and just because she likes something different, doesn’t mean that will change anything in our relationship. To each his own, that’s my motto.

• leila says:

What progression? Seriously, they are always using each other to make other people jealous and Puck encouraged Finn to go after Rachel!

4. gleek says:

rachel and puck all the way!!!

5. gleefundom says:

rachel berry is IT for noah puckerman!

6. Chris says:

Quinn- This seems more possible, esp. with Shelby and Beth back.
    Rachel- Finchel stopped this.
    Terri- Isn’t she in a diffrent country now??
    Santana- She is in need of a beard…
    Karofsky- J’no, Slezak, J’no!

7. Puckleberry says:

‘Nuff said. Haters to the left.

8. yvette says:

Hahaha the fifty Puckleberry shippers in this fandom have all come out to this post. Get over yourselves. It’s NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

• Gloria says:

And yet people say Puckleberry shippers are the immature ones? People can want whatever couple they want, just because a few of us are rude and bitter doesn’t mean all. There are ignorant couple fans all over this comment page, don’t single US out.

• Moriah says:

The 50 Puckleberry shippers? Excuse me? The Puckleberry Bubble, at this point, probably has more people than Finchel or Quick, if not just as much.
      Also, grow up. You wouldn’t be acting like this, purposely calling Puckleberry out, if you REALLY think it’s ‘not going to happen’. You see us a threat because, judging by the past two seasons, Puckleberry is more likely than Quick.

9. laraby says:

Puck and Rachel will never happen. They are not going to give Finn and Rachel another love triangle. Good God, more angst for Finchel makes me want to gag.

10. L says:

Anyone who actually likes Quick must not like Puck very much.She’s a complete bitch to him and having a baby which isn’t even theirs any more is no reason for two people to be together.

11. Anon says:

Non-canonically speaking (because RIB will probably NEVER break up Klaine)… Puckurt anybody?

12. Ann says:

Haha. Yea. Puchel used each other. And I voted for Terri. I never said I liked Quick. But good job showing how threatened you are by Quick. I think some are gonna be real bitter by the time season 3 is over. Because I would bet money Quick is endgame.

13. Jrss says:

LOL. Spur of the moment? How are you so sure? Did you ask RM? Lmao. Stop making stuff up.

14. Janine says:

Oh my God, Dave Karofsky got 12,32% of votes, who are these people wo did this? :D

15. PUCKLEBERRY FTW! says:

PUCKLEBERRY BITCHHHHH!
    - HE’S THE SWEETEST TO HER
    - TO HER HE’S ‘NOAH’
    - QUINN GAVE AWAY HIS BABY AND DIDN’T LET HIM DO ANYTHING
    - OBVIOUSLY, THEY’RE THE HOTTEST TOGETHER
    - THEY WILL ALWAYS GIVE IN TO EACH OTHER’S DEMANDS
    - HE SERENADED HER FIRST
    - HE CHOSE FOOTBALL FOR HER!
    - HE GAVE UP HIS POPULARITY/REPUTATION !
    - THEY’RE BOTH JEWISH. (I MEAN, C’MON. MEANT FOR EACH OTHER.)
    - THEY BALANCE EACH OTHER OUT

• R says:

-Puck was even sweeter to Lauren imo. And Quinn too actually.
      -Okay. So nicknames don’t equal to love. Sure.
      -It was Quinn’s choice what to do wasn’t it?
      -Whatever. I think Pucktana was hot too before I found out about Brittana. I mean, Naya Rivera is super hot.
      -Puck earned money to help raise Quinn’s baby, even though she didn’t DEMAND it from him.
      -If we go by this logic, technically Finn serenaded Rachel first and vice versa, no?
      -So did Mike and Matt, for what was seemingly Brittany and Santana, but they’re not endgame.
      -He basically gave up his popularity/reputation since he joined glee club anyway.
      -Wow, you’re actually using religion. Sure. They are “meant for each other”.
      -So did Lauren and Quinn.

16. K says:

I voted for Sugar. She’s the rich girl born with a silver spoon in her mouth. He’s the kid who ended up in juvie. It’s very Breakfast Club, and we all know how much the writers love 80′s movies. (Kurt asking, “What about prom, Blaine” during Prom Queen…a line directly from Pretty in Pink.) Plus, I want Samuel from The Glee Project to end up with Quinn.

However, in the promos they keep pairing Quinn and Puck so we’ll see what happens. I guess it’d be nice to get some better closure to their storyline. Didn’t they have any feelings at all about giving their kid away? It’d be nice to see that explored in season 3.

17. Angie says:

I absolutely agree with you. You can’t blame the fans. If you don’t like the storylines, the only people you can blame are the writers. If you are not a “couples fan” that’s your choice but I really don’t get it when people say fans ruin things. I support Finn and Rachel coupling and enjoy their storyline and regardless of your opinion on them, they are an important part of the show. The writers go back week after week consistently now for the entire series, even if it’s just a look. They take the time and effort to show the audience those things. I don’t run around screaming finchel from building top and imposing my wants on other people. I generally gravitate towards sites frequented by like-minded fans. I certainly don’t think that ruins the show for anyone. There are a ton of sites that are neutral.

18. kimmy says:

Puckleberry all the way

19. Laurel says:

I just want Puck to have a decent storyline and not just sit there in the back row.

20. nusrat44 says:

PUCKURT all the way <3

21. Beexa says:

Puckurt, obviously! Puck and Kurt need to get together!

22. Alfredo says:

Where’s Kurt on this poll?! Puckurt should totally happen!

23. fabooo says:

Puck doesnt care about quinn, he helped zizes reveal her deepest secret and destroy the one thing she always wanted. Just because they had a baby together doesnt mean theyre meant to be together.

anyway quinn could always go gay
    so stop voting for quick

24. Rory says:

Uh, the only interest he had was getting in her pants, I’m sorry to say. Neither of them had genuine feelings for the other, and it’s been made pretty obvious throughout the show.

25. Anon says:

Lol. The bitterness is the Puchel shippers is funny as hell.

26. MadMax says:

Santana..she doesn’t put up with bullsh**. and given her diverse lifestyle, man it will really “rock” (no1 uses that word anymore) his lifestyle.

27. Joann says:

Lindsay from Glee Project is a gloryhound — i just don’t see what Ryan was thinking. Granted she has a voice comparable to Lea Michele’s, but she was a manipulator on Glee Project and was never really a true “character.” I hope her two episodes are just that two episodes – in the background!

28. mswe says:

Karofsky … cuz that would be so hawt :)

29. Mrnda says:

it needs to be Rachel. it would be TOO great.

30. shannon says:

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if Puck was Bi and dated Karofsky. The only probalem is who would be the “top”. Puckleberry is nice too.

• Wow. says:

Okay, bringing up the stereotype that all gay couples have to have a designated “top” and “bottom” makes you look quite ignorant and personally I find it slightly rude.

31. Anon says:

UTC. You can’t tell people to stop voting for a couple just because you don’t like them. Lmao. Censorship doesn’t work. So get over yourself.

Meanwhile I voted for Terri. Trolololol.

32. Denise says:

Quinn, her baby’s mommy is back, pink hair bad girl goin’ for it!

33. Melinda says:

Anyone but Rachel. She just uses him and would treat him horribly. Their entire “friendship” is her using Puck and their relationship would be the same because Rachel only cares about herself and will walk over anyone to get what she wants. She treats people absolutely horribly and gets away with it, gets away with a lot of crap that a boy would never be able to because if a boy did it, it would be called abuse. Rachel needs to grow up. She’d just drag Puck back down.

• Sam says:

But Lauren embarassing him and using him to get her food and crap isn’t bringing her down? Quinn calling him a “Lima Loser” isn’t dragging him down? I see your opinion on Rachel and while I disagree, that’s how some see her. You’re forgetting that in the episode they dated she was proud of him and was self-less when he wanted to choose football over glee, she’s been self-less many other times. Honestly, I think Rachel would motivate him to be better.

• Melinda says:

Lauren wasn’t an option so I didn’t feel the need to mention her. But yes, she treated Puck horribly and was verbally abusive to him. He treated Quinn just as badly as she treated him. Rachel dated him for about two seconds and since then all she’s done is use him. He’s been nice to her but she doesn’t return the favor. Rachel would treat Puck the same as she treats other boys: her problems are more important, her needs are more important, and she’s allowed to humiliate or hurt them purposely whenever she wants and they just have to put up with it.

34. ocanade says:

E
    R
    R
    Y
    PUCKLEBERRY!!!!!!!!!!!

35. Mary says:

Both Quinn and Rachel are horrible girlfriends. They’re both verbally and emotionally abusive toward boys and people pretend like they’re the victims in their relationships. Like they deserve better even though they’re the problem. Maybe they should try respecting other people before they and their fans go around proclaiming that they’re innocent little victims who deserve better because if one of my friends treated their boyfriend the way Quinn and Rachel treated theirs, I’d be the first person telling her off.

36. Caroline says:

I really think that Puck and Quinn should give it a shot. Since they have shown them together in the Dodgeball promos, and Quinn’s going for the punk girl look, they should really see if they can work together.

37. Amy says:

I vote for Quinn!! I love Quick and honestly, apart from Rachel all the other options are silly. I do enjoy Puckleberry but mainly as friends especially because it seems that Finchel won’t be getting involved in any more love triangles and that that their main issue will be what to do after graduation…

38. Q u i c k < 3 says:

I ship Quick. Not because they had a baby together. They loved each other, and they both had feelings for each other, even when dating other people.
    Puckleberry? No hate. But they don’t love each other. Their friendship is cute, but them together makes me want to vomit. Yes, they care about each other. But that’s what FRIENDS are for. Puckleberry dated to make other people jealous, and to make Puck’s mom happy.
    Mark and Dianna have amazing chemistry. Mark and Lea? Friendship. Okay.

• Liz says:

So agree…..I want Quinn and Puck so much…but I also enjoy the Puck-Rachel “friendship”! Hoping to see a real romance between Quick.

39. Gabby says:

I do see some people’s opinion on why NOT to choose Rachel but Quinn is the wrong choice. Quinn and Puck never brought out the best in each other – in my opinion neither do Rachel and Finn – but to me, Rachel works. Puck has never had a girlfriend that BELIEVED in him, Santana dated him for sex, Quinn thought he was a “Lima Loser”, and Lauren publicly degrades him. Rachel would support and be proud of Noah – she said so in the episode they dated. You can argue all you want but unless you show me proof of another girl being proud Noah Puckerman, I will believe that Rachel is the right choice.

40. Gleek says:

Please, NO Quick! Quinn never loved him!

41. Dani says:

Well let’s see… Santana and Brittany definitely belong to one another so that eliminates them two. Mercedes and puck- they just don’t seem to fit. And whoever thinks puck and rachel have real chemistry is just plain crazy. Back in season 1 I think the writers made it pretty obvious that puck and Rachel were just each others rebounds from quinn and Finn. They’ve also made it obvious that Finn and Rachel are no doubt the shows star couple and possibly end game, unless they decide to split due to Rachel leaving for new York. So in my opinion, the perfect match for puck is Quinn. I hear their daughter is supposed to be returing for season 3 and I think this will bring back their old feeling for each other. Quick FTW!!!!

42. Ryan says:

Coach Beiste! I’m serious…

43. Greg says:

Everybody vote for Karofsky. Just do it. Do it for the lulz.

44. Anna (@westerberghey) says:

I think his next move should be to continue on his arc of becoming a stand-up guy. He showed some healthy growth in Season 2.

45. Ashley says:

Pucks next move? Getting his high school diploma and hauling ass outta Lima before another bitch calls him a Lima Loser. Peoples, you don’t need romance to make drama.

But…as a long-time Puckleberry fan (who still likes Finn though, so don’t start bitching on me), I must ask you all to remember:
    Joey and Pacey. }:D

46. Clarice says:

WHERE THE BALLS IS KURT

47. Sophia says:

Quinn+Puck=<3

48. deanna says:

D’aawww Glee really hated fat girls and studs dating… only people with gorgeous bodies deserve each other. You go Glee!

49. Soso says:

hmmmm, I’d have to go with Quinn.
    1) because the actors who portray them seem to have amazing chemistry whenever I see cast interviews etc.
    2) because well they’re both HOT
    3) none of the others seem like good enough candidates for Mr. Puckerman

That is all :)

50. Taylor says:

PUCKLEBERRY TILL THE DAY I DIE!!! I mean honestly, we know that Puck is a jerk but that’s because he has wall up from the hurt his dad’s leaving put him through. Rachel is the only one who could have the possibility to see through that wall. I mean she most likely does, she’s the only one he allows to call him Noah. She could be good for him, make him a better guy. He could be good for her too! I mean honestly, he could pull out a side of Rachel that nobody’s ever seen because she’s so hung up on Finn. I like Finn…sort of, but he just puts Rachel through all this crap that Noah would never do. He may be a jerk, but he has a heart, I mean he was the one that helped put together the Barbravention, AND he was the ONLY one to stand up for her and say “I kinda like her” when NOBODY stood up for her at Sectionals for the second season. And let’s be honest, have you SEEN the “Need You Now” performance? TOTAL chemistry !! I didn’t see Rachel smile like that when her and Finn sang “Pretending”. >:)

Just my thoughts :)