Fall TV Poll: What Will You Watch on Thursday?

Get More: Polls

The Fall TV season is right around the corner folks, so some tough viewing choices are coming. Let’s get thinking about them, shall we?

Each day this week — during “the calm before the storm” — we’re showing you the grid for that night’s line-up, including Big 5 fare and select cable listings. You then vote for what you plan to watch LIVE during each time slot (since live-ish viewership is still the drink-stirrer when it comes to ratings, whether we like it or not).

Fall TV Poll: What Will You Watch Live on Wednesdays?

One last caveat before we get to the polls: This is not a popularity contest. Organizing a robo-vote for a certain show will not get Nina Dobrev to handwash your Mini Cooper. So have faith in the merit of your individual choices, then watch to see how many others legitimately line up aside you.

NOTES ABOUT THE THURSDAY GRID: Grids represent the face-offs taking place for at least six weeks of the fall TV season; that is why I included “late” premieres such as Bones and Burn Notice (Season 5.5), which both return Nov. 3. Details on new shows (indicated by *) can be found at these links: Charlie’s Angels, How to Be a Gentleman, Person of Interest, Prime Suspect, The Secret CircleWhitney, The X Factor.

Comments (124)

• I will be watching Community, and you all should be ashamed if you are not.

Comment by Joel Yeomans – September 8, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well said, it puzzles me why a person would watch anything else in that time slot.

Comment by ruby – September 8, 2011 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones! Bones!! Bones!!! Can’t wait for the season to start… Everything else? Mehhhh…

Comment by STL Cards Fan – September 8, 2011 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’am definately going to watch my favouress like the vampire diaries,and the new series secert circle and charlie’s angels and i will only watch the x factor on wednesday instead of thursdays cause it on the time my shows airs so thats how i’m spenting my thursday nights and i won’t also forget jersey shore baby……………….

Comment by billy martins – September 8, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you don’t watch TBBT you should be ashamed

Comment by Jen – September 8, 2011 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am looking forward to seeing Vampire Diaries again. There’s nothing else on the schedule for me on Thursday nights. I’m so glad I have a good DVD selection.

Comment by merikat – September 8, 2011 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watch Community, Parks and Rec, The Office live.
    Watch The Big Bang Theory and Vampire Diaries online.

I watch too much TV. :(

Comment by Emily – September 8, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the thursday NBC comedy line up is called MY Holy Thursday

Comment by ruby – September 8, 2011 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BONES!!! Just have to wait until it comes back in November. :-(

Comment by Erin – September 8, 2011 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why oh why, is Thursday at 9:00 always so full of interesting shows. Starting Nov. 3rd it will be Bones that I watch live, but until then I plan on watching Person of Interest and recording Grey’s Anatomy. I also plan on giving the new Charlie’s Angels a try but I don’t know….

Comment by elr – September 8, 2011 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When I looked at the poll 4 hours ago The Big Bang Theory was winning for the 8:00-8:30 time slot but now I see things have changed and Community is in the lead there’s still good in the world. Now Community needs to be watched live because it could really need the ratings and because it is the kind of show that deserves a bigger mainstream support, TBBT is already renewed for next year Community needs this and as audience we need shows like Community on the air. As a fan of both Community and The Vampire Diaries the timing is a problem but Community wins there too because TVD is the highest rated show in CW standards and it is a raving mainstream success. So PLEASE watch Community live and DVR TVD and TBBT. Just think of how awesome Community is guys

Comment by ruby – September 8, 2011 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For me it’s ABC all the way. They know what I like. Strong female roles that are smart and powerful yet vulnerable and human, heck yeah! I could never get into Bones because the lead is just too clinical for my taste. I’m nowhere near ready to give up on Grey’s. It is still my favorite in spite of the recent misses. And the premiere looks phenomenal. That sinkhole is HUGE! And Owen coming down on that rope to rescue it’s just too hot to pass up. I am hoping Charlie’s Angels does not disappoint. I will give it a shot. And what is a Thursday without a little Addison Montgomery et al from Private Practice? Especially now that they have Benjamin Bratt!
    Anything else I can catch on HULU later.

Comment by Babygate – September 8, 2011 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These type of polls are comical in the sense of how they stack up percentwise to how the real world will be.
    Case in point: at the time I monitored the poll results for 8:00 the votes had Community leading TBBT 33.6% to 28.3%

However, when the season starts and actual results come in, TBBT will have double (or more) the Community ratings.
    Just an example of how results will skew from reality when the sample is not scientific.

Comment by J.Norman – September 8, 2011 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And THAT is exactly how I feel.

Comment by ryanandhobbes – September 8, 2011 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmm. Only thing I’m interested in this night is Person Of Interest.

Comment by Renee – September 8, 2011 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The vampire diaires ! !

Comment by Sarah – September 8, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My only real conflict will be Grey’s vs. Project Runway. I have grave doubts about Prime Suspect because the original was so brilliant and…well, it’s on NBC, and I don’t trust them to keep it on if it actually is worth watching.

Comment by mims – September 8, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m giving The Office a shot, but depending on the first couple of episodes I might not watch the whole season (or just wait until it’s over in the spring and watch it all in one go). Big Bang is a must though! :D

Go Thursdays!

Comment by Julie – September 8, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Cami – September 8, 2011 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i will be watching TVD and the Secret Circle for sure. Then check out Prime Suspect.

Comment by david – September 8, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grey’s Anatomy always and forever, would never choose anything over it also the other ABC shows

Comment by Juan – September 8, 2011 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At 8, I’ll probably be watching something on Bravo or HGTV or the Food Network, and ditto at 10. I loved the British “Prime Suspect” but the American versions looks like it will have very little similarity to the original, and I don’t need just another cop show.

At 9, I’ll be watching Gale Harold on “The Secret Circle.” It would be an easy decision, even if “Person of Interest” sounded more interesting, but I long ago concluded that Jim Caviezel is sorely challenged in the acting department. Even if it weren’t opposite Gale Harold’s show, I wouldn’t be interested. I’ve never been that interest in “Bones,” and I got tired of “Grey’s Anatomy” a while back From everything I’m reading and hearing, “The Secret Circle” sounds very interesting, even aside from the always-fascinating Mr. Harold.

Comment by Rex – September 8, 2011 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Thursday 8:00 PM time slot is overloaded. Big Bang Theory, Community, and The Vampire Diaries all at the same time. My DVR can’t record all three. One will have to be streamed online. Sigh.

Comment by Anonymous – September 8, 2011 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones all the way! How can you not tune in to watch Booth & Brennan having a baby? We’ve been waiting for 6 years for this! Definitely suggest you TVO everything else!

Comment by KRS – September 8, 2011 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DVR Community/Parks & Rec, DVR X Factor, watch Vampire Diaries live, DVR The Office, DVR The Secret Circle, I want to try Person of Interest so I guess I’ll have to watch it live, DVR Burn Notice. Very tough night.

Comment by Meghan – September 8, 2011 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NBC all the way for the Big 4 networks. I’ll stomach Whitney, just to see how bad it is, and then transition over to FX for Always Sunny.
    When does 30 Rock come back? That Tracy Morgan fluff didn’t have anything to do with it being absent, did it?

Comment by D – September 8, 2011 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I may have watched 2 episodes of Grey’s anatomy since it has been on the air….I know…I am probably the only female no enamored with “Mc-whozzit” and “Sir-whatshisname”…I so would much rather watch an hour of “Seeley Booth”…even if I have to wait until November 3rd to see new episodes. So not a hard decision.

Comment by Bubbles – September 8, 2011 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wtf is ‘live tv’

Comment by NotaTroll – September 8, 2011 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m gonna watch Big bang theory, then watch the office, wait till 10 and watch the mentalist, then I’ll record community and the vampire diaries

Comment by Tvfan – September 8, 2011 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching CW Thursday nights. Can’t wait to see Gale Harold play the gorgeous bad guy.

Comment by verybookish – September 8, 2011 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Live: 8-9: Charlie’s Angels [the pilot actually showed a lot of potential]; 9-10: Bones; 10-11: The Mentalist [I'm curious to see if that was Red John, and if so, where the show goes after Jane jhas his revenge].

Recored: 8-9: Nothing; 9-10: Person if Interest [if it wasn't in conflict with Bones, I'd being watching it live], Grey’s Anatomy [fun, but no longer appointment television] and Secret Circle [which I'm hoping won't become as silly as Vampire Diaries]; 10-11: Prime Suspect [the pilot was promising, but it just didn't feel like Prime Suspect - if that makes any sense], Burn Notice [in season...].

Comment by Sheldon W. – September 8, 2011 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Charlie’s Angels
    Grey’s Anatomy
    Private Practice

Comment by chris – September 8, 2011 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did you seriously use a picture of Katherine Heigl for Grey’s!? She literally has not been on the show for a year and a half. That cast is made up of plenty of other pretty people who didn’t complain their way off of the show. Why don’t you throw some credit their way?

Comment by Annonymous – September 8, 2011 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um, that’s Gillian Jacobs from COMMUNITY. Your apology is accepted, Anonymous one.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – September 8, 2011 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching Community, Parks and Rec., Person of Interest, and Prime Suspect, and then go back to dvr’d The Office. So I can stop watching if it’s going to be a bad episode…funny, with The Office, it always seems like you can tell just by the cold open.

Comment by Sean D – September 8, 2011 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Taping Charlie’s Angel until I decide whether to make it a regular. Watching Grey’s Anatomy live if I am home or same night on DVR if I’m not.

Comment by Pam – September 9, 2011 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is definitely a dvr night. Checking out some of these pilots, but it will depend on if Grey delivers this season. I’m bordering on giving it up, but we’ll see how long I have to stick with Avery/Lexie. UGH! Bring back Mark/Lexie and you have my attention live. ;)

Also, very excited about Secret Circle if for Gale and Britt!! :)

Comment by Stacy – September 9, 2011 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why oh Why did Bones have to be moved back? I loved my old Thursday schedule: Bones, then Gray’s, then Private Practice. I hate having to choose between Bones and GA, and I don’t really care for any of the shows that are now on at 8.

Comment by Anna – September 9, 2011 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The best choice has to be BBT 8-9 sure, Bones all the way ever 9-10, before 3th november a new show maybe Person of interest sounds good.. not more GA it really sucks lately is just boring and in general no believable… Private Practice 10-11, this is a very good show.

Comment by me – September 9, 2011 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Greys will get me live the first week only because I happen to be off or else it’s DVR/PVR. Depending on what happens to keep my interest and make me want more, (forward movement not constant, contrived , predicable, adolescent misery) I might by channeling surfing.

Comment by Sue – September 9, 2011 10:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grey’s Anatomy forever! I’m excited to see Teddy and Henry!

Comment by kate – September 11, 2011 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vampire Diaries, then Bones. Not a lot on that night I’m interested in.

Comment by Tee – September 12, 2011 04:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Community and Parks and Recreation. Need my Jeff Winger/Ron Swanson fix.

Always watch Greys live. Will DVR Person of Interest or what I call The Ben Show.

Private Practice is ususally on for noise but since my husband is back on day shift he will most definitely NOT be watching that.

Comment by lawyerchick99 – September 12, 2011 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THE MENTALIST FOR SURE!!! I cannot wait to see how the whole Red John/Not Red John plot goes!!!! #leggo!!!!

Also thinking about trying out the Person of Interest, it sounds interesting to say the least, and I am always happy to see CBS shows. (NCIS, The Mentalist, etc….) They always have killer shows.

Comment by Maura – September 15, 2011 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe!!!! I can’t wait for season 4!!!

Comment by Angela – September 16, 2011 01:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to say I watched The Secret Circle and I thought it was awesome. I can;t wait for more and I hope it becomes as big as TVD.

Comment by The Secret Circle – September 18, 2011 01:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • vampire diaries and the secret circle.. then work a night shift

Comment by ralf – September 24, 2011 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank god some bloggers can write. Thank you for this piece…

Comment by jessedziedzic – October 20, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You are truly right with this writing…

Comment by bono apuesta – November 29, 2011 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post