Fall TV Preview

Dexter Preview Video: Get to Know the Season 6 Newbies – and Baddies!

Dexter‘s sixth season is right around the corner, yet still very little is known about the abundance of fresh faces popping up during the killer saga’s next cycle.

Thankfully, Showtime has put together a handy package of intros to the newcomers — including Colin Hanks, Edward James Olmos, and Mos – with some new footage thrown in for good measure.

Before educating yourself with the clip below, here are a few notable bites about each guest star:

Brother Sam | Played by rapper-actor Mos, Michael C. Hall says, “He is someone Dexter is initially pursing as a potential victim, but comes to realize Brother Sam has in a legitimate way rehabilitated himself by cultivating a relationship with God.”

Travis and Professor Gellar | Played by Hanks and Olmos, it appears these two are a package deal. “Travis represents a new bad guy,” Hanks reveals. “He believes he is doing the right thing and it is under the tutelage of Professor Gellar. The two of them have this relationship that is very… dangerous.”

Jamie Batista | Dexter’s nanny — and Angel’s little sister “is a very positive influence on Harrison,” says the bubbly Aimee Garcia (Off the Map).

Mike Anderson | Billy Brown (Light’s Out) describes Miami Metro’s newest squad member as “hard-nosed” and “intolerant with shenanigans…. It’s all business for him.” Look for a rocky start between the Chicago native and Jennifer Carpenter’s newly-promoted Deb.

Take a peek at the jam-packed promo below, and don’t miss all the bloody good action when Dexter premieres Sunday, Oct. 2 at 9/8c.

Comments (11)

• Colin Hanks’ character looks dangerous. I think I’m going to like him.

Olmos is always amazing, no matter what he does.

Aimee Garcia looks hot, but I don’t really see what her character brings to the table.

Billy Brown’s character seems like a good straight guy to play off of everyone else’s quirks… but I still miss Doakes. They should never have killed him off.

Comment by Nicotine – September 8, 2011 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 100 % agree on Doakes. My favourite character on the show besides Dexter himself. Why not kill off someone like Batista? Would love to see him bite a bullet ;-)

Comment by Kasper – September 9, 2011 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It looks at though Aimee Garcia will be Debra Morgan’s LOVE interest at least crazily looks like it from the promo!!!!!

Comment by Dan – September 9, 2011 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Season Six promise to do much better than a lackluster Season Five with Julia Stiles’ stint on the show. DEXTER is still one of best TV dramas that gives me the creeps.

Comment by kevin – September 8, 2011 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DEXTER, YEAH!!!!!!!!, ’bout frakkin’ time

Comment by Mike – September 8, 2011 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Give us more MASUKA!

Comment by Woo! – September 8, 2011 11:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • New season looks amazing. I have very high hopes. I actually thought that Season Five was decent, it had its ups and downs. But this one will hopefully be good all the way through.

Comment by DL – September 9, 2011 05:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I CANNOT wait for the new season of DEXTER!

Comment by jr – September 9, 2011 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought Julia Stiles did a great job as Lumen. Im gonna miss her. Looking forward to a great new season!! And I definitely agree about Daokes – he was fantastic as an adversary to Dex.

Comment by Tom H – September 9, 2011 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! Watching that clip makes me soooo excited. It’s about time. I have really missed MCH. I agree with Tom H…Julia Stiles was great as Lumen, and I thought last season was really good. Can hardly wait for 10/02!

Comment by Yellow marker – September 9, 2011 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post