Exclusive

House Exclusive First Look: Watch the New, Spoiler-Rich Promo

Warning: If you don’t want to know the answers to several key questions surrounding House’s Season 8 premiere on Oct. 3 — namely does Doc Crankypants regret driving his car through Cuddy’s house and what’s the meaning behind the opener’s title, “20 Vicodin” — steer clear of the new extended promo below.

Everyone else, watch the spoiler-packed clip and then hit the comments with your thoughts/theories.

House Exclusive: And The New Dean of Medicine is [Spoiler]

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, Fall TV Preview, Scoop, Spoilers, Video

1. dfreak says:

Anyone ever consider he was just intentionally being dismissive to those people in the promo and that’s not how he really feels about what he did? No, you probably didn’t because that would make sense, would be exactly what House would do, and you’d have to be capaable of thinking for half a second to see that. They also asked if he was messing with them and he said yes. House is not good with emotions. He likes to pretend he doesn’t have them and nearly always lies about how he feels until he’s pushed to the point where he can’t fake it anymore. How did all of you “fans” manage to miss this very important character trait?

2. Sam says:

I do believe that house is no longer the eccentric brilliant doctor. He’s now like an idiot savant. Good at doctoring but a moron in everything else. He is surely a mental case, in any case. I still find the episodes entertaining though, with some exceptions. I don’t know why. I’m looking forward to the new series.

Have a good one, all.

3. scott poe says:

Can’t wait for the new season!”House” is the best thing on tv!

4. Reymonda says:

Pleeeeeeeeease Cuddy come back!!!! Swiss gurlz want you back sooooo much!!!!!!

5. Reymondo says:

If Cuddy doesn’t come back, I’m not gonna watch anymore!!!

6. AfghansLUVcuddy says:

CUDDY is the reason for this show! please come back LE!

• Ali says:

The show went down hill because of Cuddy/huddy, please LE stay far far away from House you already made too much damage! I won’t miss you.

• sara says:

They gave LE and Huddy a chance and the ratings dropped like the boobs on an aging actress. She was fine as a secondary character, but featuring her and her mom and her kid and her sister just killed the show for many people. they tried – it didn’t work, Now let it go.

And PLEASE Mr. Ausiello if you can’t think of another way to refer to House besides Dr.Crankypants spend a couple of bucks and hire a writer for about five minutes. Or have a contest and let your reader come up with something. It might have been cute once, now it just looks like lazy writing or a brain stuck in neutral.

• Luna says:

No wrong! The ratings were dropping way before Huddy so stop blaming Huddy and start blaming the real source of the problem: The writers! The episodes with the highest rating in season 7 were Huddy ones.. After Huddy broke up it went completely downhill..

• Sam says:

An average of 10 millions for the huddy episode of the season is not good for a show like House. Really a premiere of 10 millions just show how much the viewers that used to love the show cared abou huddy. After huddy broke up Cuddy was still on the show, maybe people liked huddy but not Cuddy? No, viewers left because they couldn’t stomach the huddy anymore and didn’t want to deal with the aftermath of the awful huddy.

• Sam says:

ITA, and that’s why the fox people didn’t want to pay LE what she asked, she wasn’t worth the money.

7. Moe2710 says:

Im in Egypt and i can view it lal

8. Stephen says:

I’m glad that little quisling is off the show!

9. Cheryl says:

Watched the clip…looks entertaining. House working his magic…diagnosing the undiagnosable in prison!

10. Sam says:

House looks so smug and cool, I’m eager to see this season.

11. Julia says:

anyone care to provide a transcript for a UK Housenatic? :( please? :D

12. Mikka says:

I cant watch it ..and I M AMERICAN …CAUSE ARGENTINA BELONGS TO AMERICA CARAJO !!!!!

13. Dan donian says:

I have said this for a while now.Take away the “sub plot” about Doctor house and his use of Vicodin and you will loose the show.The fact that House needs and takes theese pills is one of the reasons of the show being a hit show.The use of vicodin shows frailty, and human intereaction that bonds house to the real world,and at the same time is a running gag that most hits have.The house we know and like(love) is a human,with a bit of a problem which could explain some of his mood swings and make him more human,its not a bad thing,its the way of the world.Heres to a great new 8th seanson! HOUSE RULES!!!!

14. Me says:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

15. fa says:

Merda !!! Da qui non si vede !
    (translate please)

16. Kimberley Oliver says:

I am a true House fan; some of these post are freaking hilarious– like when people are pretending to be the actors from the show. No need for Canucks and Yanks to be hating on each other; I’m Canadian and even though it annoys me that I can’t get the spoilers…@ least I get HOUSE at least once a week! I wish I had him everyday…the actor, I mean…tee hee!

17. Valentina says:

To all you stupid canadians discussing if you can view it or not well guess what I live in a 3rd world country and I was able to view it !!! HA HA……….take that.