Exclusive

House Exclusive First Look: Watch the New, Spoiler-Rich Promo

Warning: If you don’t want to know the answers to several key questions surrounding House’s Season 8 premiere on Oct. 3 — namely does Doc Crankypants regret driving his car through Cuddy’s house and what’s the meaning behind the opener’s title, “20 Vicodin” — steer clear of the new extended promo below.

Everyone else, watch the spoiler-packed clip and then hit the comments with your thoughts/theories.

House Exclusive: And The New Dean of Medicine is [Spoiler]

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, Fall TV Preview, Scoop, Spoilers, Video

1. Ginger says:

I think House has lost it’s magic. I hope this will be the last season.

2. beelzebub0 says:

Why are there so many comments about House being other than the same character that has always been presented: self-centered egotist who is only interested in his next high. This high may be drug induced, induced by his working people to do things to his advantage, or solving mysterious cases.
    As to this he isn’t pentitent for his crime thread, how many prople who serve their time in prison are really sorry for what they have done? Given the his recidivism rate, very few.

3. Diane says:

House has been one of my favorite shows until the last 2 years. It has gotten sooooo ridiculous. He should stay in jail. It’s just not entertaining anymore.

4. Charlene says:

BRING ON HOUSE!!! I can’t wait for the new season. I love that Nutty Sexy doctor! Please don’t let this be the last season!!!!

5. CHallett says:

As if the show would be interesting if House was a happy, healthy guy. Go prison! Keep up the twisted perspective, House.

6. JB says:

He probably isn’t sorry but we can’t really say thats what he was saying no to. They can put those promos together to look like anything.

I’m not going to be watching S8. I’m excited that I was able to watch that promo w/out any strong feelings or reaction.

7. Chris says:

The people who are whining that House has no remorse or humility crack me up. We watch the show BECAUSE he is that person. If I wanted to see some oooey gooey doctor spilling sappiness, I would watch a lot of the other generic crap on TV. I watch House because he is who he is. If you don’t like the character, watch something else. People in the real world unfortunately do act childish, selfish and impulsively. Don’t believe me, people watch at a Mall or Wal-Mart for a while. The real world doesn’t always have happy endings or the story tied up in a nice little bow and I appreciate that this show reflects that.

8. Tammi says:

Looking forward to the new season – the show has great writing, superior acting, and keeps viewers guessing – what more do you want from a TV show?

• JT says:

great writing in the first seasons, I want great medical cases for the last season, Shore do you hear me? and bring back clinic duties.

9. Starr says:

Couldnt view it and that pissed me off! Am in fla and we damn sure should be able to view it and if nt then it should be on the website who or how to view it! :(

10. Zizi says:

Tot ce pot sa spun ca raspuns la faptul ca europenii nu pot vedea clipul este : HAI SICTIR !!

11. esther says:

havent seen season seven

12. Johnny says:

I think season 8 it’s gonna be so cool ..and I really think that something is gonna change for House …Hugh Laurie’s acting is amazing for once more he deserves every award etc… Writers must do good job cause they burning a great actor like Laurie .. Both promos are really interesting ..In jail we can see many different cases and real action BUT if the writers do a good job… If not they are going to screw it up… have a great feeling ..I am not House fan all this years I’m just choosing episodes and sure I’m gonna watch the first episodes at least …

13. Powerslave212 says:

Dear people who cannot view this for being in a different country.

Download a program called Hotspot Shield, this changes your IP to one in Chicago(USA) and allows you to view American content as if you lived there.

14. jeff says:

Inevitably, these promos are deliberately misleading. I’ll wager the following:

1. He does show remorse before he gets out of jail.
    2. This season is better than most.
    3. There will be more clinic duty this season.
    4. This will be the last season and it ends with House dying, not by suicide but by either an accidental drug overdose (unlikely. too predictable) or in the process of saving someone’s life.

15. Shannon says:

It looks like it will be a good season. Can not wait until it comes back on.

16. Tiffany Ducote says:

Exactly what I was thinking!!! It’s entertainment but at the same time pretty comparative to society these days and the justice system!! I love this show and House even more!!!

17. Scooter says:

I used to love watching this show but not anymore. Last episode I watched is when 13 got out of jail. I totally hated the Masters character, she ruined it for me. What were the writers thinking?

18. gojuman says:

AWESOME! More of what I love, and from all the above conflict he is still got it LOL love him, hate him but you can’t stop yourself from wondering whats next LOL

19. jessica barley says:

Dr. Wilson

20. Ahmed says:

i am in uk and cant watch it:)

21. Nick says:

I can’t wait to see it! If they ever killed House off I agree, it should be from him saving someone, or someone kills him, cus you know that’s definitely possible.

22. John says:

Pftt. Karen I don’t know if you have been busy watching house reruns and missed current events but america is broke and canadains are not tripping over themselves to visit you anymore. And yeah.. I better slap on the parka and lock up the eglo and warm up the dog sled and boogie on down to maine before i freeze to death.. I mean its only light here for 2 months of the year and it gets as cold as mars In September eh ? Yeah that’s right I said eh.. I say it like every third sentence.. Because that’s how us canadains roll.. Now I gotta run I gotta pack a whale blubber sandmitch for the drive down to Maine.. I better pack my short pants because it is straight up scorching down there

23. Michelle says:

I think House is great. If you don’t like it, stop watching. Canadiens can bite me. Just because you know a handful of people who complain about paying into the US…it’s a US show so why wouldn’t you have to pay to see an excessive promo? Quit your complaining…there are more important things going on in the world.

24. Brian Davis says:

Alas, that level of sociopathy is unattainable for us mere mortals…

And Hugh…

Yoooouu…

25. Judy Evans says:

Can’t wait to watch, looks like the show walked thru the valley and is back in the light again. And Hugh, i agree, double your salary !!!!!!!!1 Love House !!!!!!!

26. mister foreigner says:

Could anyone please tell me what House says around 0:23, after the inmate took his shirt off ? I hear something like “going steady ain’t gonna help”, but I’m missing the beginning of the sentence to get the meaning of it… Thanks a lot.

27. Nick says:

People on here that are complaining about the no remorse stuff and that the shows changed too much are just in denial. Their not unhappy cus the show changed, their unhappy because it didn’t, they did. People don’t like it when they find out they suddenly don’t like the things they once did. It breaks them out of their comfort zones and forces them to think about things like getting older and outgrowing things. They don’t want to admit they changed so they will try to find anything to complain about just so they don’t have to face the real reason they find themselves not liking it like they used to.

28. Chantilly says:

I can’t wait for the new season. Hugh Laurie is amazing. I love how House’s every word is dripping with sarcasm. Hugh plays this character beautifully!

29. Debi Lyda says:

How many of you would feel remorse if your long time Love just told you she/he wasn’t seeing anyone else and then you go to their house and see them having family dinner with someone, I for one would not!!!!!!House is a great show,I am an RN and have known a few like him, the smarter they are the harder they are to live with….lol, But the not so bright Doc’s are always lined up to ask questions!I personally love the episodes where house shows a bit of his softer side.But to go all squishy soft NO way!!!!!!

• seriously? says:

Seriously?
      well, I hope I WOULD feel remorse if I had crashed my car into my ex SO’s house, no matter how hurt I felt at the moment.
      TBH, every decent human being would.
      I get that House had to let his anger and frustration out, but I also think that months later he should acknowledge (not to other people, of course, he’s House after all, but to himself) that what he did was wrong.

30. Tanya says:

‘House’ is THE show! I think this promo looks great! Hugh Laurie is awesome as House and for all you out there analyzing the character – it’s TELEVISION!! It’s not real – it’s entertainment!! (And SERIOUSLY – Thank goodness this isn’t reality TV!!!) I’ve seen every episode of House and have never been disappointed – can’t wait to see this one!!

31. Marcia Hicks says:

Hugh Laurie is HOT. He is a miserable p—k that I love to hate. But I
    watch every show I can and because I missed a lot of them I’m watching
    the whole series on DVD’s thru Netflix. I’m on the second disc of season 7 so the timing is perfect…HOT – HOT – HOT

32. sandra says:

i can’t wait. even tho it is going to suck not having cuddy :(

33. Karyn says:

YAY! I am very excited! :-) Can’t wait for House to come back!

34. kt says:

I love Hugh Laurie he makes house.. I would love to met him in person.. Love the start to the new season… keep them coming. I dont miss an episode..

35. Faith says:

Can’t wait for the new season. This looks like it’s going to be a great show. I’ll be glued in front of the TV on October 3rd! Hugh Laurie is a fantastic actor! Can’t wait. :)

36. Yawn says:

I certainly wouldn’t call this clip ‘spoiler-packed.’ It spoils precisely nothing. We already knew House was going to jail.

37. Brenda says:

I think Hugh Laurie is brilliant and sexy :)
    I love House!

38. raven5860 says:

Totally lame.
    Wow, now all the guys who can’t get a date will really love House even more.

I hate having to look for a new show. But, it was great while it lasted.

39. george enriquez santiago says:

I can’t see it w/ my smartphone, too.

40. Melissa says:

I’m so happy he didn’t feel any remorse for driving his car though her window. She treated him horribly! REALLY!! One minute they’re in love and the next he’s out??? I really didn’t get it! Now if she has to be off the show, maybe prison (or a prison hospital) could get interesting! I honestly couldn’t choose anyone to replace her or their relationship. It’s been great to watch! And also, I agree with the comment made earlier that House’s salary should be doubled! Love his music also!

41. Maitlanco says:

Well,that’s odd. Cuz I live in China, and I can view this promo.

Also the guy who talks to House at 30 secinds, did he ever appear on the show before? He really looks like that drug dealer in season 6.

42. toast says:

haha, it kinda looked like a movie trailer, House Goes to Prison. Its pretty funny, but i really hope the show has not turned into a comedy. i love analyzing the characters and they might loose substance if the show were to be lowered to a comedy. i miss watching House interacting with his patience, after all it is a medical mystery drama. but this is only the opening of the season and i will still be watching. the jail thing seem kind of unrealistic though, lol itd be cool if House did get shanked.

• Maro says:

Don’t worry, there shall be lots of tragic moments as well, if only to make us appreciate Hugh Laurie more.
      And yes, bring the shanking on!

43. Anonymous says:

Everybody can hate all they want, but when it comes down to it, you’re all here, watching the promo. Not the behavior of someone whose given up the series forever. Everybody ALWAYS “boycotts” a show when stuff like this happens, when the simple fact is that if you’re HERE, you’re probably going to watch every single episode like clockwork. Newsflash, you’re not going to be more popular by acting like you have such an educated dislike of something mainstream, you’re just going to come off as an unpleasant person.

So, yeah. They’ll take bad ratings if it means more viewers, and thousands of people will watch this show just so they can express anger about how angry they are about the choices the writers have made. Just like everybody whined about how much they changed between the books and the movies of Harry Potter, but almost all of the people whining went to go see every single one anyway.

As for my personal opinion, it’s still better than most of the garbage on T.V. I’ll probably watch it, as long as it’s available on-line or on-demand for me.

44. Karomana says:

It has always been half comedy, half drama. That is the secret of it’s popularity, God bless Hugh Laurie for projecting both sides without tipping the balance.
    And yes, a shanked House would be cool.
    This is so exciting!!!!!!!!!

45. Ginger E. says:

Oh, it’s gotta be Foreman! No doubt about it.

46. mister foreigner says:

Could anyone please tell me what House says around 0:23, after the inmate took his shirt off ? I hear something like “going steady ain’t gonna help”, but I’m missing the first part of the sentence to get the meaning of it… Thanks a lot.

47. All I Know Is GO HOUSE!!!!!!! Just Love That MAN! Off Screen TOOO! Like Life… He’s Full Of Surprises!

48. Tantz Aerine says:

It’s rather frustrating to get locked out by geographical location. Just saying.

49. Lucy says:

I really don’t get this idea that somebody like House could not feel remorse for crashing into Cuddy’s house. Really?
    We must have watched a different show, because from what I’ve seen in all those years, House is not a totally senseless man, and only a totally senseless man would not feel bad for doing such a wrong thing.
    Then of course, I get that he would die before admitting that with somebody else, I’m ok with this. But I absolutely don’t buy that he would feel nothing over what he did.

• D says:

Why not? Can you name many instances where he truly felt sorry for anything? And even if there was, when did he openly admit to anyone, sincerely? He tells Masters he’s completely fine with letting his patient die in her final episode. If you want earlier examples, he makes a half-assed apology to Wilson after Vogler forced him out of his board position, he never really owns up to being a catalyst for Amber’s death, he basically tells his fellows “EFF YOU GUYS” when he pretends to have cancer and gets caught… The closest thing to true, honest feelings of remorse and admission of doing something wrong from House are shown in dream sequences, where he — shocker — is within his own mind and alone.

• Lucy says:

Well, for example, I think he DID feel responsible for Amber’s death, even if what happened to her wasn’t really his fault. Same goes for Kutner: he told Cuddy that it wasn’t his loss, but you could see it wasn’t true. And it was also pretty clear that on some degree he blamed himself for not understanding that something was wrong with him. I know we don’t see House admitting these feelings and it’s ok, but somehow it shows onscreen.
        So, while I agree it would be OOC for him to apologize or say he’s sorry etc., I can’t believe he is just ok with what he did.

• @Lucy says:

I think you answered your own question very. Why do you complain first? Come on girl just wait and watch the episode and don’t meet trouble halfway! I´m sure we`ll see him grieving in this episode,somehow, in his own way.

50. knight says:

I’ve reading your comments and it’s just been painful. “Oh my God, this episode sucks!”, “Oh, I don’t like it!” Any of you idiots has even watched it?! Could you please wait until after you do watch it and then criticise as much as you want. You are just being that kind of dumb people talk without really saying anything good.
    And to those complete morons that say that House was trying to kill everyone in the room when he drived the car in to Cuddy’s house, don’t be stupid! If you had even watched the freaking episode, you’d know that he waited until they left the room.
    “Oh no, he doesn’t feel remorse. He’s bad!” Stop being so queer and watch the show’s season 3, in whitch he refuses to apologize to Tritter. One of the characters main atributes is being stubborn as a mule. If he belives he hasn’t done anything serious, he won’t say he did it.

• Cringing teacher says:

Before you call anyone “stupid” or a “moron,” you ought to run your post through Spell Check and Grammar Check a few times.