Gossip Girl Promo: Save the Date for a Sun-Soaked, Cougar-Filled Trip to Hollywood

In case you didn’t get the memo, Gossip Girl is going Hollywood (a.k.a. the home of fresh starts, per Serena) when it returns on Sept. 26.

Chuck reinvents himself as a thrill seeker in La La Land, while Nate pretends to be “that guy in that movie” before reverting back to his cougar-baiting habits with Elizabeth Hurley. But back in New York, life goes on. Future bride Blair is sending Save the Date cards, which Dan doesn’t look too happy about, and Gossip Girl is still Dorota’s primary source of news.

Gossip Girl Boss Previews Blair and Her Men, Serena’s New Life, and Exploiting the UES

Check out the new CW promo below and tell us what you’re looking forward to most in the comments.

1. Helia says:

DAIR DAIR DAIR DAIR DAIR DAIR DAIR DAIR!

2. Lexi says:

LA looks fun but the promo needed Chair.

3. Sandra says:

Looks like a lot of fun for Chuck, Serena and Nate in LA. But why isn’t Blair also having fun with them? Oh right, she’s stuck in some boring storyline.

4. Megan says:

The promo didn’t really pull me in. I think the C,N,S stuff looked interesting but Blair’s story looks so boring. I wish we had something emotional with SB or Chair to have some heart to it. I guess if Blair is having Chuck’s baby the emotion will be there, hopefully. Not really impressed.

• B says:

What exactly is interesting about Chuck being on a bike and having sex with the bikini girls? There wans’t enough Blair in the promo for me to know if her story is boring or not.

5. Molly says:

Don’t care about Blair’s Save the Date cards. I wish she were in LA with the charming threesome. It’s a shame I won’t be able to enjoy my favourite female character because of the crappy SL, boring guest star and obsessive failure of a writer. SNC on the other hand do seem interesting enough to at least tune in and watch the première. Not sure about the rest of the season. And did I mention I miss SB and CB already?

6. Lisa says:

Blair should be in LA with Nate, Serena and Chuck. She looks so bored, but I can’t blame her, she is stuck in NYC with boring Dan and Louis. The show needs more N-JBC and less Dan.

7. Edith says:

Chuck Bass please don’t ever change, but what is he doing?
    Poor Blair all alone in NYC, she’d be having so much fan with the NJBC. I hope the engagement doesn’t last long.

8. A says:

Poor B is all alone in NY with the most boring character ever. She should be in LA with CSN and have the time of her life. Chuck could totally ride her on his motorbike.

9. Beth says:

Why would Blair be hanging with CNS in LA? Chuck dumped her.

Chuck is back to whoring, I see. So much for his growth.

• Molly says:

Why don’t you do yourself a favor and watch 4.22 again. Chuck did not dump Blair. How can you dump someone who’s ENGAGED TO MARRY someone else? He loves her and is doing his usual thing to get over her. She’s the one who’s moving on, marrying a prince, while possibly carrying Chuck’s baby in her baby. Can’t wait to hear how you’ll justify keeping a father from his child’s. It’s all about human decency. You just don’t do that.

Excited to see both Blair and Dan getting some karma for their actions. I’m sick of them blaming everyone for their problems.

10. B says:

So glad Chuck is done with Blair and back to being the BAMF he was in season one! Love him on the yacht with the sexy women where he belongs. Blair should thank her lucky stars Chuck Bass ever looked at a cow like her!

11. Jeanette says:

Nate OWNS this promo, and Chuck is right behind him. I love seeing CNS in LA having a good time, I just wish I could get some CB scenes out of it too.

12. Katy says:

Loved Nate’s fist pump! So cute made me lol. He is seriously underused in the show, especially last season – and as he’s my fave eye candy this is not good lol. This promo looks like the 3 are having so much fun – cant wait!

13. Marry says:

I wish Chuck and Blair were on the promo.İt just isn’t as appealing as it used to be with them in the promo.They have to leave Dan alone forever or go next to Vanessa to land of nowhere and never come back.I am tired of seeing Dan in everyones storyline.He has feelings for every other girl on the show.enough is enough. At least I have LA NCS to look for. Chuck is the best character on this show with Blair.But she is isolated from her friends and Chuck and stucked with Dan so I am skipping her scenes.

14. Star says:

Awwww no Dair, I really hope its because they don’t want to give too much way being that almost the whole last season was leaked by that gg site. I like being surprised, and I know Ausiello will keep us in the loop when the good Dair stuff starts bc he is awesome like that. :)

Dair is too good to let go to waste, don’t be scared gg writers, go there!!!

15. Prinnie says:

Loved seeing so much Nate! LA looks like a lot of fun. The promo is very 90210ish in my opinion.
    It is missing the weight of an epic Chuck and Blair scene.

16. Rebecca Westly says:

Loved Chuck, Nate and Serena in the promo. At least there is something to look forward to in the premiere. Glad there wasn’t much Dan or DB but I wish there was some CB or SB. They are the heart of the show for me.

By the way, I’m not convinced that was Blair’s wedding that Dan got a save the date for. I bet it has to do with his book. His expression was pretty inscrutable.

17. Lauren says:

I’m surprised how much I’m looking forward to it coming back. I really haven’t liked the way they’ve treated Chuck and Blair. Happy to see Ethan Peck comes back, and I’m hoping for some Dan and Blair.

18. Carolina Manzo says:

Good things about the promo:
    NATE looking his sexy best
    Chuck looking his sexy best
    Happy Serena
    Only a brief glimpse of boring Dan
    NO DB!
    Blair looking beautiful
    Sunshine twins Serena and Nate

Bad things about the promo:
    No CB
    No SB

19. Queen Raina says:

NATE!!!! My bb pwnd the promo! But why is he always stuck with cougars? Yeah, Elizabeth Hurley is sexy but come on. Give Nate a story please. I also enjoyed adrenaline junkie Chuck too. The LA filming looks like a lot of fun. I just wish Blair was there as well. The promo is just missing Chuck and Blair and I’d love it.

20. Stina says:

Chace Crawford is too cute for words. More Nate please. Just give us more NJBC and I think alot of us would be thrilled to death. Blair needs to be with them out in LA instead of stuck in NY dealing with that stupid wedding.

21. GG_fan says:

Good things about the promo:
    Serena ;
    Dan;
    Blair;
    Bad things about the promo:
    Chuck
    Nate flashback of season 2

22. Amy says:

I’m probably in the minority but I’m looking forward to Blair’s storyline much more than the Serena and co story. I think I just prefer the usual New York setting but a change of scenary won’t hurt for a few episodes. Also excited for the possibility of Dair! And of course Chuck and Nate friendship is always a good thing :)

23. Arnetta says:

I love all the Nate and Chuck in the promo. Two sexy beasts pwning LA. But I miss Chuck and Blair so much. This wedding will be my undoing. At least there is minimal douchy Dan and no DB.

24. Selena Gomez Babysitter Queen says:

You almost hooked me Gossip Girl writers. Adorable gorgeous Nate, thrill seeking sexy Chuck and a happy satisfied Serena are all enticing. But I just can’t muster up much excitement for the show without Chuck and Blair’s relationship being featured. C’est la vie. I’ll keep an eye out for spoilers and youtube the fun CNS scenes in the meantime.

25. Sharona says:

I like the fun aspects of the promo. It’s nice to see Chuck, Nate and Serena having a good time. But I think the promo lacks heart. There’s nothing to grab me emotionally. For me that means Chuck & Blair or Serena & Blair. Those two relationships keep the show tethered. It doesn’t feel like GG when they aren’t featured. I hope this seperation between Blair and the people she loves most is just temporary and the second half of the season features CB, SB and NB (at least as a friendship)

26. O'Brien says:

Peeps, chill. Chuck and Blair will feature prominently. You know they will. Their tension/fire is the lifeblood of the show. They both tried to do the “right thing” RE: this whole prince mess, but, as we all know, they’re both dead awful about doing what’s “right,” especially when their feelings for each other are involved. Chuck can hit it with every girl in California and Blair can follow every rule about weddings ever written by Emily Post, but it won’t matter.

As for Dan/Blair…I mean, that had a whole failure to launch issue, and while they are interesting to watch, I just don’t think that they’re right for each other at the end of the day.

• Marina says:

I can only add “Word” to this comment. It’ll come back to Chuck and Blair in the end. It always does. No matter how hard they try to get the other out of their blood they’re meant to be.

I like Dan and Blair as friends (she’s the first person who could make him half way interesting) but nothing more.

27. Calinda Raymond says:

Like most of y’all I love seeing so much Nate and I adore the LA stuff in general. 3/4s of the Non-judging breakfast club is better than none. They all seem to be having a great time.
    But I really wish there was something epic to draw me back in like the Chuck and Blair train station scene at the end of S4 Paris promo. Needs more CHAIR is my new refrain. I’ve never been really into Serena and Blair’s relationship but they give Gossip Girl some emotional depth too.

28. CHAIRLover says:

At the end of the day, it WILL be CHAIR 4 LIFE!!! Bank on it!! CB are the lifeforce of GG. CB=KISMET!!!

29. Lilly says:

Who cares about Chuck being all adventurous? We wanted to see Dan or Blair… Or Dan AND Blair!

Give us DAIR!

30. Beck says:

Quite a boring promo, really.
    I wanted to see something about the book Dan wrote, you can’t say that won’t be boring. Maybe the thing on Gossip Girl was about the book Dan wrote?
    Blair might not be pregnant you know, everyone just assumes so. Could be Eleanor (however unlikely it is), Dorota again, Serena or Blair…
    Serena wants to re-invent herself? That sounds like pregnancy to me… Sick of Serena having problems and dragging the ENTIRE cast into them to fix them for her. Oh well, I’m just hoping for some Dan & Blair scenes while they’re in New York alone together. I don’t want them to have a relationship, I just love them being best friends. It’s adorable.