Fall TV: What Will You Watch on Wednesdays?

The Fall TV season is right around the corner folks, so some tough viewing choices are coming. Let’s get thinking about them, shall we?

Each day this week — during “the calm before the storm” — we’re showing you the grid for that night’s fall line-up, including the broadcast nets’ wares and select cable listings. You then vote for what you plan to watch LIVE during each time slot (since live/live-ish viewership is still the creme de la creme when it comes to ratings, whether we like it or not).

Fall TV Poll: What Will You Watch Live on Tuesdays?

One last caveat before we get to the polls: This is not a popularity contest. Organizing a robo-vote for a certain show will not get Mark Salling to take you to the Homecoming Dance. So have faith in the merit of your individual choices, then watch to see how many others legitimately line up aside you.

NOTES ABOUT THE WEDNESDAY GRID: Grids represent the face-offs taking place for at least six weeks of the fall TV season; that is why shows such as Damages (finale airs Sept. 14) and I Hate My Teenage Daughter (premieres Nov. 30) are not included. Details on new shows (indicated by an *) can be found at these links: American Horror Story, Free Agents, H8R, Luther, Revenge, Suburgatory, Up All Night, The X Factor.

1. scooterbeanbag says:

The X-Factor really screws up my Fall schedule. Couldn’t Simon do this over the summer? I’m going to be backed up with at least 4 Wed shows to watch over the weekend because of this blasted show. Of course, I could just not watch XF, so maybe I’ll go with that idea.

2. Karen MT says:

Looks like Wednesday is mostly going to be a wash for me. Good night to catch up on recordings, or probably Mythbusters.

3. Jake says:

I’m not gonna watch the next superstar search, case i’m sooooo over those. Wednesdaynight = ABC night!

4. SK says:

I don’t watch any Wednesday shows right now, either. I might try out Up All Night or Happy Endings, but I think I’ll probably just do something else on Wednesday nights. Most of the shows I watch come on Mondays and Thursdays.

5. Crittle says:

6. Brandy says:

Americas next top model and revenge

7. May says:

@SK Up All Night airs on Tuesdays, not Wednesdays.

8. kevin says:

Toss up at 9 p.m. between HARRY’S LAW or MODERN FAMILY/HAPPY ENDINGS. Also, I’m giving up on CRIMINAL MINDS this season ’cause Season Seven is having its “darkest” year ever and I can’t consider the showdown at 10 o’ clock between CSI and SVU when REVENGE is caught in the middle of all this.

9. jay says:

None of the above, looks a good night to catch up on shows that clash.

10. Cari says:

Man, looking at this schedule (particularly the Harry’s Law/Criminal Minds matchup), I’m really thankful for DVR and the internet.

11. jillianlovesfood says:

Not much going on Wed nights except for Psych but that hits the spot for me :)

12. TaraMisu says:

UGH!! Wednesdays will kill my DVR, I’m glad I have on demand and the internet. No interest in any CW shows on Wed, but all of the rest I want to watch.

13. Percysowner says:

I’ll give Revenge a shot and probably DVR Psych, but Wednesday is a real bust for me.

14. nonabgo says:

Survivor and Criminal Minds all the way!

15. Lynnette says:

Wednesday pretty much stinks until 10 pm when I’m torn between Psych and Revenge!!! I miss Friday Night Lights:-( When is Cougar Town on this year?

16. Mel says:

I will probably watch all two hours of X Factor live but DVR Up All Night, ANTM (total crap but I can’t stop) and watch Modern Family & Happy Endings on demand or on the iPad (ABC has an amazing app). I miss Cougar Town already.

17. Mia says:

Wow. TV is looking pretty lame on Wednesdays. Can we shift some Thursday tv over?

• SK says:

I know, right? I watch/DVR The Big Bang Theory and Vampire Diaries already, and I kind of wanted to check out Charlie’s Angels, but I can only record 2 shows at once and all three of those are on at 8pm on Thursday!

18. Darcy says:

I’ll be watching Survivor at 8, Criminal Minds at 9, and definitely Psych at 10! I’ll record ANTM: All Stars to watch later that night or the next day.

19. Kim says:

I’ll be part of that measly 5% or so watching ANTM. It is the one reality show I am addicted to. I could do without every other one, but I might just cry when ANTM is finally cancelled in cycle 29 or something. SO MUCH CRACK! Plus, the utter hilarity of seeing these girls doing other things down the road trying to get beyond the fact that they were granola-bar-stealers or constantly got drunk or very obviously has plastic surgery to correct flaws the judges found with them… Plus, the fandom has so much snark and I love me some snark.

20. ingmar says:

Criminal Minds & Revenge

21. Lizzy says:

Everyone needs to watch Happy Endings!

22. Kyle Andrews says:

I’m starting to realize just how free most of my weeknights will be this year. I might catch some shows on Hulu if I’m bored, but there really isn’t much that I NEED to watch.

Now, when Friday rolls around and we have Chuck, Supernatural and Fringe all on the same night, I might have some conflicts to figure out.

23. Mike says:

I love Happy Endings, and I’m excited to try Up All Night. I’ve conceded that I’ll probably watch X Factor, but seeing that two-hour block just makes me feel like there are so many better things I could do with that time.

24. KIng says:

Busy TV night for me. I’ll watch the entire CBS line-up live (or maybe just record Survivor to have time for dinner) and record all ABC comedies ’cause I love rewatching comedies on weekends. I don’t care about Revenge.

25. chris says:

The Middle
    Modern Family
    Last Half hour of X Factor

Since Up All Night premieres a week earlier, i can watch that live. If I like it, I guess I will have to watch online since Im sure my mother will make me record X Factor in case she falls asleep.

26. CD says:

Can’t wait for ABC WED night as always. Modern Family, Happy Endings, ect, also can’t wait for Revenge, Psych, and American Horror Story.

27. Jorge Jose Herrera says:

I’m glued to ABC it seems that night. Watching its fantastic comedy block, followed by the intriguing Revenge. Most likely gonna DVR Up All Night (I love Christina Applegate and Will Arnett) and American Horror Story (I’ll watch anything with the former-Tami Taylor).

28. Allison says:

Wow, Wednesday looks crazy. Only pre-10pm show I will watch is “Modern Family” but then I have a 4 way split at 10pm! I guess “Revenge” live (if it is good), DVR “SVU” since it is never on demand and then catch reruns of “American Horror” and “Psych” throughout the week since there are bound to be multiple airings.

29. Sivat says:

Unfortunately it doesn’t look like we’ll get American Horror Story up here in Canada even though I really want to watch it, so I’ll be going with Revenge at 10.

30. tv fan says:

Why is every show I want to watch on one night. I will be using my DVR and watching alot of shows on line this tv season.

31. Ashley says:

Wednesdays will be full but doable (and enjoyable!) for me, starting out with the comedies of “Up All Night” and “Suburgatory”, then moving on to the wonderfully restored “Criminal Minds”, and finally winding down with the amusing old favorite that is “Psych”.

32. Tom says:

Probably time to take up a hobby on Wednesdays. I’ll give Revenge a shot, as well as some of the new sitcoms. But I don’t think my DVR will be getting a lot of use on Wednesdays.

33. sarah says:

Until Cougar Town comes back, I will be catching up on shows from Monday (my crazy night) and Tuesday. Only thing I will be watching live is Republic of Doyle of CBC.

34. Kane says:

Everything on ABC plus Up All Night and American Horror Story.

35. Melanie says:

Criminal Minds is back yay! I will watch Modern Family and Happy Endings on Demand over the weekends or between shows another night! Glad it’s Fall Television Season – the best thing about September!

36. merikat says:

I am looking forward to American Horror Story. This is the only show I’m likely to watch on Wednesdays. I might glance at America’s Next Top Model. It’s another type of horror-show, after all.

37. JUDYTANK says:

God, how I wish SOMEONE would put something decent on at 8 p.m. on Wednesday nights! Other than finding something syndicated oncable (hopefully NCIS will still be shown back to back on USA on Wednesday nights!), I will watch Criminal Minds live, and record Harry’s Law, at 9 p.m. At 10 p.m., I will watch Law & Order: SVU live, which hopefully will still be good with cast changes, and DVR CSI.

38. john says:

you should say what 2 shows will you watch because most people have dvrs plus hulu and east cost feeds so lets make it 3

39. M J Holiday says:

Harry’s for sure. Mark Valley and Karen Olivo have been added to the cast!

40. Renee says:

This will be a reading night for me.

41. Cathy says:

OMG PSYCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

42. Tee says:

Modern Family, and… I think that’s about it. I might try Revenge too, the pilot was better than I thought but I still don’t see how a series format will support that plot.

43. znachki says:

Looks like I’ll be watching stuff I DVR’d. Maybe the FX show at 10pm, but likely not. I get up too early to watch the 10pm stuff, so it gets shifted most of the time.

44. Melody says:

Wednesday’s will be adding three hours of TV watching to my schedule. Since I work on Wednesday nights, all of this will be DVR’d, I don’t have a Nielsen box regardless so DVR is the only way for my ratings to count for anything. So what will be added to the Tuesday night leftovers on the DVR? Criminal Minds and Psych are on the top of the list. I’ve missed Shawn and Gus so terribly much, I need that cringe worthy ridiculousness back on my TV. I wasn’t originally planning on checking out Revenge, but then I found out Nick Wechsler was a part of the cast and I knew I’d be checking it out. Like all the new shows, I’ll give it two episodes to sell me, but my guess is that between Emily Van Camp and Nick, I’ll be sold pretty easily.

45. Rachel says:

wow, Wednesdays are sad. I suppose I’ll just watch whatever’s left on the DVR.

46. Andre says:

Hey Matt;

How’s the new arrangement of Fox and possibly ABC’s replays on Hulu and their respective homepages get to play out this season? With Fox announcing a delay on putting up episodes for free (next day if one subscribed to Hulu Plus) and talk of the producer of Modern Family saying his show should be a model of using a delay of his show replayed online.

There’s a few of us w/o multi-recording DVRs/TiVos and up until these developments, used to supplement timeshifted recordings with online accessibility of replays.

I’d have to watch XFactor live or hope the fansites (rickey.org or MJs) get to post up video online. This is quite a pickle!

47. Meghan says:

DVR Survivor and X Factor, watch Up All Night live or online the next day, DVR Harry’s Law, watch Modern Family/Happy Endings live or online, DVR Revenge, Psych, and Luther (fortunately BBC America, USA, etc. are good about showing their shows multiple times a night and at much later times)

48. Templar says:

Looking forward to Ted Danson on CSI.

49. Christina says:

I’m going to watch Survivor live, DVR The X-factor. At 9:00 start watching the playback of The X-Factor, DVR Criminal Minds, then DVR Revenge. I’ve learned since getting a DVR you can watch Idol/SYTYCD type shows on DVR in about 75 mins cutting a lot of the drag they put into the shows.

50. Captain says:

Go Revenge! Actually surprised it’s beating American Horror Story. I’ll check out both those shows, they look interesting.