Grey’s Anatomy fans, take heart: Ellen Pompeo — whom you know well and love as Seattle Grace’s Meredith Grey — has revealed that Season 8 of the ABC medical drama will not necessarily not be her last.
Talking to TV Guide Magazine, Pompeo opened up about the possibility of continuing with Grey’s beyond her contract’s expiration at the end of the upcoming season, saying, “I would love the opportunity to discuss it. I would never turn up my nose at Grey’s. As long as the stories are honest and truthful, and Patrick [Dempsey] and I feel there is material for us to be passionate about, it still beats a 9-to-5 job any day.”
Adds the actress, “If I hear from the fans that they want us to keep going, then I would continue, because we owe them everything.”
There’s only one problem: “I was invited for eight years… and no one has asked me for a day more,” Pompeo explains. “I know [series boss] Shonda Rhimes has said the show will continue [beyond that], but I wouldn’t presume that they want to continue with me.”
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Daytime TV king Regis Philbin has announced that Friday, Nov. 18 will be his last day as host of Live With Regis & Kelly. Ever the charmer, Philbin revealed that while his replacement has yet to be found, “Kelly will be trying out new co-hosts, just like we did 11 years ago, when we found her!” Live‘s recently premiered new season will be devoted to Regis’ “favorite moments” from the past 28 years, including Ripa’s first appearance as a guest/All My Children ingenue, in a clip they shared on Monday.
• General Hospital tough Jason Morgan (played by Steve Burton) and his longtime love Sam McCall (Kelly Monaco) will finally tie the knot beginning Sept. 19; EW.com has your first look at the unconventional I Dos here.
• Greg Daniels is at it again! After (more than) successfully adapting Ricky Gervais’ British comedy The Office for NBC, the über-accomplished executive producer will try his hand at bringing U.K. hit Friday Night Dinner to the U.S. for none other than the Peacock network, per Deadline.
• The new Fox comedy New Girl is getting sneak peek treatment before its official debut on Sept. 28. Per Variety, the Zooey Deschanel vehicle will hit iTunes on Sept. 6, and then will appear on Hulu, Fox.com and VOD beginning Sept. 13.
• Kate del Castillo (aka Weeds‘ Pilar Zuzua) will appear in the fifth episode of CSI: Miami‘s upcoming season as a sheriff who assists Horatio Cane when the notorious Mala Noche gang resurfaces, CSI Files reports.
• Bachelor Pad fiends… rejoice? EW.com reports that the Sept. 12 season finale of the ABC reality show has been supersized to occupy a whopping three-hour block of time.
• Take note, Kindle owners: The pilot episode script of ABC’s promising fall drama Revenge (starring Emily VanCamp) can be downloaded from now until its Sept. 21 premiere date.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?