Fall TV Preview

Happy Endings Cast Previews Season 2's Very 'Wrong' Halloween Adventure

If you thought Happy Endings‘ brief Season 1 glimpse of Halloween was fun, you’re in for a treat. The ABC comedy is going all out for this year’s Trick or Treat installment. How much bigger and funnier will it be? Adam Pally puts it this way: “Double Snookis” – aka Max and Penny’s costume last year – “was just the beginning.”

“Penny and Max really let loose, but in a very odd way,” he adds.

Happy Endings Exclusive: Secret Life‘s Megan Park, MIOBI‘s Nicole Anderson to Raise Hell

The besties will take it to the next level this fall with a “couples” costume that’s too ridiculous for words. But we pressed Pally to give us a hint anyway. “It’s very loving and very caring,” he teases. (Anybody else thinking of this?)

“It’s wrong,” Casey Wilson adds with a laugh. And also conjoined, which might not be the best thing for two actors who already spend a lot of time together during shooting. “We’ve been filming in this harness costume all week. Adam and I are going to kill each other,” Wilson jokes.

Meanwhile, Zachary Knighton confirms he’s somehow involved with the “mistaken identity, misleading deception” costume we previously teased, while Jane’s pitch that she and Brad share in a theme gets shot down.

“Jane wanted it to be [a couples costume],” explains Eliza Coupe, “but she was left on her own for that one. So I am in this costume that’s just my face and the rest is a very big Styrofoam piece of… something.”

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on the Happy Endings Season Premiere, and More

Jane and Brad actually have bigger things to worry about than their Halloween get-ups — a young American “horror story,” if you will. “Things get crazy in the suburbs,” says Coupe, as the marrieds test out the suburbs for a day… complete with a baby? “There’s a possible child abduction that Jane takes part in,” teases Coupe.

Season 2 of Happy Endings premieres Sept. 28 at 9:30/8:30c.

Comments (15)

• I am already laughing???

Can’t wait to watch the second season.

Comment by Lucas – September 6, 2011 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I laughed too! I was reading, and thinking about the crazy situations and smiling. The perfect show

Comment by Ka'lel – September 6, 2011 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh man, this is going to be great. I love this show so much. Max and Penny are hilarious together.

Comment by Bobert – September 6, 2011 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I looooooooooooooooove Happy Endings! I really do!

Comment by Dwight J. – September 6, 2011 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Snooki and her pickle.

Comment by Anthony Newhall – September 6, 2011 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for some great, fun info from the Happy Endings cast. Best show on TV right now if you ask me. Can’t wait for season two!

Comment by Todd S – September 6, 2011 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Casey Wilson by far the best dressed SNOOKI.

Comment by kevin – September 6, 2011 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show, so glad it’s coming back! Casey Wilson and Adam Pally are especially a riot as Penny and Max, my favorite new characters on tv!

Comment by Millie Mills – September 6, 2011 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SUPER excited for the new season :D
    Double Snookis will forever be a highlight of season 1. Seeing the picture made me break down in laughter.

Comment by Taylor – September 6, 2011 11:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I recently started watching this show and loved it. I got an instant crush on Casey Wilson. Wow, what a talented and beautiful woman, so incredibly hilarious and perfect as Penny. I can’t wait to see Megan Mulally play her mom in the new season!

Comment by Marsh – September 7, 2011 01:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why when I read the word “conjoined” do I think penny and max could do their own version of the human centipede… That would be bad… but could be so good at the same time!

Comment by Xavier – September 7, 2011 02:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad this show is getting the Modern Family lead-in. It’s hilarious and deserves to find its audience.

Comment by DL – September 7, 2011 04:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This will be awesome. Not since the much missed Two Guys And A Girl And A Pizza Place has any sitcom had the potential to do a really good Halloween episode.

Comment by Scott – September 7, 2011 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I tried getting into this show, and I enjoy it to an extent, but I have never seen such an unlikeable cast on a tv show. I have never really seen a tv show try so hard to be hip either.

Comment by Matt – September 7, 2011 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if brad & jane are still together by the end of this season, i think they will get a flase positive surprise pregancy and we’ll see how the couple stay strong when they deal with the consequences of thinking for a moment that they were about to have a kid…

Comment by melanie – September 28, 2011 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post