Fall TV Preview

Glee Scoop: Mike Chang's Parents Revealed!

Mike Chang’s parental unit has been located.

Glee is making good on its promise to introduce the disapproving folks who produced the vocally-challenged New Directions member in Season 3, and has tapped actress Tamlyn Tomita and actor Keong Sim to fill the aforementioned roles. EW.com first reported the news.

Sim most recently appeared on the big screen in M.Night Shyamalan‘s The Last Airbender, while Tomita — best known for the classic The Joy Luck Club — played a coroner on NBC’s short-lived Law & Order: LA.

The pair is set to appear in the Oct. 4 episode. Glee’s new season launches Tuesday, Sept. 20 at 8/7c on Fox.

Comments (25)

• Yay! More Asians on TV!

Comment by Sivat – September 6, 2011 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. His parents are HOT. I heartily approve.

Comment by xav – September 6, 2011 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good looking parents… Is it just me, or do Asians look way younger than they’re supposed to?

Comment by Karen – September 6, 2011 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not just you, that’s generally how it is. Great when you’re 40, not as great when you’re 21!

Comment by Natalie – September 6, 2011 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Whatcha talkin bout Willis?!? It is great when you are in your 20′s! Hell the day I stopped getting carded was the first time I cried about my age.

Comment by TheReasonsY – September 7, 2011 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey Dim Sun mom!!

Comment by Gabriela – September 6, 2011 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should have take Emily Kuroda aka Mrs Kim on Gilmore Girls !

Comment by Soso – September 6, 2011 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mrs Kim would be his grandmother…… and she would be an AWESOME grandmother. Couldn’t you just see her going off on Tina for the way she dresses? Priceless.

Comment by Lauren – September 6, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These are good choices, but I was hoping they would have brought on BD Wong.

Comment by ErixN – September 6, 2011 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He’s busy doing Awake.

Comment by Sarah – September 6, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to see Tamlyn on something new. She’ll always be Kim on Eureka to me. And she had an early role on Quantum Leap actually playing a character named Tamlyn. She was a psychic who fell in love with Sam and she was supposed to be murdered.

Comment by Carrie – September 6, 2011 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you! I’ve been trying to figure out where I know her from, she was great on Eureka.

Comment by Rebecca – September 7, 2011 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this is one good looking family if I have anything to say. I actually though his mom would be more of the Super Asian Immigrant older look to her but I approve either way =)

Comment by fiona – September 6, 2011 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man that is a hot family!!!

Comment by Samantha – September 6, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice choices, but I was hoping we’d see Rachel’s dads first.

Comment by My – September 6, 2011 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, i am dying to know who her parents are!

Comment by Milton – September 8, 2011 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve loved Tamlyn Tomita ever since ‘The Karate Kid Part II’, and the lesser know, but hugely powerful, ‘Come See the Paradise’ with Dennis Quaid. She’s an amazing actress, and it wonderful to see her get a role in such a high profile show!

Comment by Wendy – September 6, 2011 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow that’s is one hot lookin family. Can’t wait to see more Mike!

Comment by chase – September 6, 2011 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • are we ever going to meet Tina’s 2 dads? so curious..

Comment by jamie – September 6, 2011 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mike Chang is Chinese. However, his mother is played by a Japanese woman and his father is played by Korean man. Clearly, all Asians look alike. Feh!

Comment by Lily – September 6, 2011 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why does everyone have to do that? Whenever a minority character is played by someone who isn’t exactly the same nationality that the character is…people get all crazy. They picked the best actor for the job. Let’s state a fact…if you didn’t know what nationality Tamlyn was…would you even question it?

Comment by Chris – September 7, 2011 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh dear, Mike’s father looks so great. Will Tina secretly have a crush on him ?

Comment by Lily – September 14, 2011 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi Just to point out, Tina doesn’t have 2 dad’s that Rachel, though it would be great to see Rachel and Tina’s parents, from the comments I remember Tina’s parents are strict.

Go parents! I’m still hoping to see Anne Hathaway as Kurt’s aunt, the rumours have just made us all excited about the possibility.

Comment by Shaddy – September 20, 2011 02:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • daaaang Mike’s dad is HOT.

Comment by steph – September 29, 2011 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post