Fall TV Poll: What Will You Watch on Tuesdays?

Get More: Polls

The Fall TV season is right around the corner folks, so some tough viewing choices are coming. Let’s get thinking about them, shall we?

Each day this week — during “the calm before the storm” — we’re showing you the grid for that night’s fall line-up, including the broadcast nets’ wares and select cable listings. You then vote for what you plan to watch LIVE during each time slot (since live/live-ish viewership is still the creme de la creme when it comes to ratings, whether we like it or not).

Fall TV Poll: What Will You Watch Live on Mondays?

One last caveat before we get to the polls: This is not a popularity contest. Organizing a robo-vote for a certain show will not get Mark Salling to take you to the Homecoming Dance. So have faith in the merit of your individual choices, then watch to see how many others legitimately line up aside you.

NOTES ABOUT THE TUESDAY GRID: Grids represent the face-offs taking place for at least six weeks of the fall TV season; for example, I included ABC’s Last Man Standing/Man Up and USA’s Covert Affairs, even though they don’t premiere until mid-October and Nov 1, respectively. Details on new shows (indicated by an *) can be found at these links: Last Man Standing, Man Up!, New Girl, Reed Between the Lines, Ringer, Unforgettable.

Comments (84)

• Really looking forward to the new season of Raising Hope. I hope (ha!) it continues to live up to its season 1 hilarity.

Comment by scooterbeanbag – September 6, 2011 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch anything live — ever. I’m looking forward to the new shows like Ringer but it’ll be iTunes or Tivo for me no matter what.

Comment by Lisa – September 6, 2011 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I Tivo everything that I want to watch. I rarely watch anything but the news, The Daily Show and Colbert Report live (and the latter two usually are Tivoed as well. Since I have a dual Tivo, I may check out some of the new shows that are playing against each other like New Girl and Ringer.

Comment by Snsetblaze – September 6, 2011 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh yeah, I forgot = I’m actually in school on Tuesday night.

Comment by Snsetblaze – September 6, 2011 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you, I don’t watch anything live either. The closest I come to live is waiting 20 minutes to start watching, so I can still fast forward.

Comment by GG – September 6, 2011 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Same here. At best, I watch Sunday’s shows Monday, Monday’s on Tuesday and so on. I prefer to (after the season premieres) save up 2 or more new episodes to create my own little marathon.

The only thing I watch live is baseball. Go San Francisco Giants!

Comment by Gretchen – September 6, 2011 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • new girl!!
    and dvr ringer

Comment by melita – September 6, 2011 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just watched the pilot episode of the new girl. HILARIOUS! I adore Zooey Deschanel – so happy to see her on a regular basis.

Comment by rebecca a. – September 6, 2011 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have school Tuesday nights until 8pm, so I can’t watch “Glee” live, bummer.

Comment by Kim – September 6, 2011 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 90210, The New Girl, Parenthood

Comment by Ingmar – September 6, 2011 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too many good shows on all at once. DVR will get a work out.
    Watching NCIS duo and body of proof, but will Dvr Ringer, Unforgettable and Glee.

Comment by Kvivik – September 6, 2011 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It looks like I’m going to get a lot of reading done on Tuesday nights.

Comment by elf – September 6, 2011 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ahh, so you’ll be watching Telemundo too? Nice, I thought I was the only one! :-)

Comment by Mike – September 6, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Duh, they don’t use English subtitles on that channel. Guess I’ll have to stick to American TV and spend less time on bad jokes!

Comment by Mike – September 6, 2011 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will be watching New Girl and Raising Hope live, but I will *definitely* be DVRing Ringer at the same time!

Comment by Aprilcot26 – September 6, 2011 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tuesdays is tough for me since I like the entire line-up at the CW & Fox, and 10 I like both Parenthood and Body of Proof. I’ll definitely be watching Ringer & Parenthood live, but the 8 o’clock hour’s a litte tricky. I’d like to watch 90210 live, but last year we always had people over at our house for Glee and made somewhat of an event out of it. If that’s the case again this year, I guess I’ll be watching Glee live 8, but after the hot mess that show was last year I think we’re ready to retire “Glee night”

Comment by George – September 6, 2011 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I won’t watch “Unforgettable” because it sounds stupid and boring. Besides, Poppy Montgomery is one of the worst actors ever!

Comment by AL – September 6, 2011 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will definitely watch Ringer and DVR New Girl only because New Girl takes up less space on my DVR.

Comment by Casey – September 6, 2011 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will at least tune in to DWTS to see if I like it. I am not thrilled with Chaz Bono but I do like Rikki lake, China Philips and Nancy Grace so I will see if they keep my interest

Comment by Ron Kahler – September 6, 2011 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t ever watch anything live. I DVR it so I can fast-forward through commercials. I also watch many things on USA, SyFy, and TNT, so there’s competition out there…

Comment by TrulyRoxie – September 6, 2011 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m shocked what a tough choice the Glee/90210 face-off is for me! Oh precocious youth!

Comment by Mike – September 6, 2011 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PARENTHOOD DUH!

Comment by Justin – September 6, 2011 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. Parenthood is one of the best shows on T.V.

Comment by Trisha – September 6, 2011 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS all the way! I honestly don’t know one single person who watches Glee. Who are these people?
    Can’t for the NCIS premiere, and excited about Parenthood and NCIS:LA as well.

Comment by Mel – September 6, 2011 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS/NCIS LA and Body of Proof.

But not live, TiVo’ing them.

Comment by Gretchen – September 6, 2011 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PARENTHOOD is definitely the one to watch on Tuesdays. BODY OF PROOF seems OK by me but skip watching UNFORGETTABLE, that’s the one new show you don’t want to “forget” as well as LAST MAN STANDING and MAN UP.

Comment by kevin – September 6, 2011 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate that Glee and New Girl are on at the same time as 90210 and Ringer. Guess I’ll go with Glee and New Girl. Then Parenthood for sure. Great show.

Comment by Mike – September 6, 2011 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching Glee, New Girl, Raising Hope and Unforgettable. DVR Ringer and Parenthood!

Comment by Sarah – September 6, 2011 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch any of the Tuesday shows so far, so I think I’ll just watch my DVRed Castle from Monday.

Comment by SK – September 6, 2011 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching live is pointless. I know Nielson thinks it is but you shouldn’t re-enforce your crazy uncle’s olde-time ideals that are technologically ignorant.
    My TiVo already gets Glee, 90210, Body of Proof, and Covert Affairs (which is on at 7 PST). I plan to give New Girl, Ringer, and Unforgettable a try.

Comment by MRinLA – September 6, 2011 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Zooey Deschanel but I love SMG more so I will watch Ringer live and DVR New Girl. I think New Girl will have a great viewing audience anyways with Glee as a lead in and Zooey is so awesome I’m sure tons of people will be tuning in to see her. I want Ringer to have some extra love so I’ll watch that one live for sure.

Comment by Shannon – September 6, 2011 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who isn’t gonna be watching NCIS live?! This poll says more people will be watching Glee but NCIS ALWAYS pulls through with higher numbers

Comment by C – September 6, 2011 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because old people watch NCIS, and old people don’t know how to log on to tvline.com.

Comment by Sivat – September 6, 2011 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Guess I am old. Glee has been boring lately and hasn’t been as good as it was in the beginning and I agree that NCIS is a top rated show.

Comment by s – September 6, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The reason I’ve decided not to watch 90210 at all this season is because every spoiler they’ve put out there for it has had me yawning.

Comment by april-ann – September 6, 2011 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m most looking forward to Raising Hope. That show is a great gem.
    New Girl is okay, so far. Will continue to watch Parenthood. If Body of Proof can’t improve it will surely get dumped by me.

Comment by Jenny – September 6, 2011 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 90210,raising hope,maybe still body of proof and try ringer.

Comment by Brandy – September 6, 2011 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll download glee,90210,ringer,raising hope,new girl,body of proof,SOA and covert affairs since non of the shows will be shown where i live haha

Comment by onno – September 6, 2011 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s face it, Tuesdays are all about FOX for me!!

Comment by Jason bres – September 6, 2011 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t watch anything ABC…They canceled the soaps and paid that child killer Casey Anthony $200,000.

Comment by Boss – September 6, 2011 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I usually working this day, but if not I will attempt to watch Glee (whether I stay or not is iffy because I was disappointed with last season), Ringer (can’t wait for SMG!) and Body of Proof. Otherwise, I will be huluing those show plus New Girl

Comment by Alex – September 6, 2011 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to watch NCIS as soon as Enrique Murciano comes back as a guest star.

Comment by BT – September 6, 2011 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS, NCIS LA and Body of Proof. I’ll DVR all three — none is worth watching live. I might record the first episode of Unforgettable just to see if it’s as bad as the reviews.

Comment by Tom – September 6, 2011 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll DVR Ringer & New Girl for at least the first few weeks. It seems like years since there’s been anything I wanted to watch on Tuesday since I’m not in to DWTS or any of the NCISEIEIO’s.

Probably, I’ll find something on cable. ;)

Comment by Lorelai19 – September 6, 2011 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a busy mom with kids so I dvr EVERYTHING! That being said I will try to watch the CBS lineup (NCIS, etc) by night’s end and watch Glee the next morning. I may check out some of the new shows, but nothing is really striking my interest on Tues. And when it comes back out, I will be watching Covert Affairs. LOVE all the original programming from USA.

Comment by Lynn – September 6, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just glad I have DVR.

NCIS, NCIS LA, Ringer, Unforgettable.

Comment by Renee – September 6, 2011 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How come Tuesday remains the only night with NOTHING ON? All of these shows should be banned for being dumb.

Comment by Michael – September 6, 2011 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll definitely be watching RAISING HOPE and NEW GIRL, but not live. NCIS and NCIS: LOS ANGELES came first and take priority.

Comment by Cass – September 6, 2011 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a great night for TV, probably the best imo. Starting off with Glee, moving on to Ringer & ending with Body of Proof, and DVRing New Girl too.

Comment by Jack S – September 6, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I used to watch glee and DVR NCIS but I think this year it’s gonna be the other way around.
    And if glee is disappointing again, I could stop watching altogether.

Comment by Aurora – September 6, 2011 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I couldn’t check anything. Tuesday is just a vast wasteland of yuck for me. I can’t see anything there I want to watch, live or recorded. I think Tuesday will be a DVD night for me.

Comment by Mary Ann – September 6, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sons of Anarchy for sure.

I’ll probably give The Ringer a shot, and DVR The New Girl. I also voted for Glee because it’s the only thing I’d actually watch in that timeslot though tbh after last year I’ll probably just record it and leave it til I am bored.

Comment by Tee – September 6, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glee is the only show that I will watch live.

Comment by Mehdi – September 6, 2011 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kind of sad Ringer is going up against New Girl on Tuesdays, I could easily leave Glee if one of them was on earlier, but oh well.

Comment by Rachel – September 6, 2011 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only show that I’ll want to watch on Tuesdays is “Ringer.”

Comment by AT – September 6, 2011 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching: NCIS, DWTS Results, Body Of Proof.
    DVR: NCISLA, Unforgettable

Comment by Anna – September 6, 2011 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glee vs 90210 is just not fair :(

Comment by kristin – September 6, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 90210 Against Glee was a bad move… I want to watch both, but I’ll watch 90210, and record Glee. Let’s support the CW

Comment by Jake – September 6, 2011 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll watch 90210 over Glee when 90210 starts bringing back originals again, if that ever happens. Until then, it will be watch Glee and record 90210.

Comment by Liz – September 6, 2011 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Two teens equals different tastes equals heavy dvr night.

We won’t watch much of it live: Glee, NCIS, New Girl, Raising Hope, Ringer, and Body of Proof.

Comment by Janet B – September 6, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will check out “New Girl” because I like Zooey Deschanel and I am already a fan of “Raising Hope”. Otherwise, it is a good night to do laundry!

Comment by Mary – September 6, 2011 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS, and Ringer live. I’ll shift New Girl, Raising Hope and Glee. Depending, I’ll watch the shifted stuff in the 10pm slot, or on another day when there isn’t anything I want to watch. I think there are a few days like that this year.

Comment by znachki – September 6, 2011 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sarah Michelle hAs gained a lot of weight. She has fat arms in the entertainment weekly photoshoot and she hAs a huge spare tire in the new episodes filming now. What a fat actress! New girl all the way!

Comment by Brandon – September 7, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post