Ben Flajnik Confirmed as ABC's Next Bachelor: Is He the Right Man for the Job?

Get More: News, Reality TV

Expect to see plenty of single ladies pounding grape when The Bachelor returns to ABC’s primetime lineup in January 2012. The network confirms that winemaker Ben Flajnik, whose marriage proposal was brutally rebuked by that chick whose name you already forgot Ashley Hebert on the season finale of The Bachelorette last month, will look for love once again on Season 16 of its flagship dating franchise.

According to ABC’s release, “Ben dabbles in a lot of hobbies and crafts, such as crab fishing, sailing, golf, skate boarding, surfing, playing piano and singing in a tribute band. He is also quite handy with a hammer and saw, and loves fixing and building things, as well as landscaping. The woman who will share his life will also have to share one of his other great loves: his Jack Russell Terrier, Scotch.”

So there’s that.

Bachelor Pad Recap: Rose From the Dead

But riddle me this, Bachelor aficionados: Did ABC choose the right man for the job? Take our poll below, then sound off in the comments! And for all my reality recaps, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

Comments (6)

• Snoozefest! Half the time I couldn’t even tell he and Constantine apart and then I realized I didn’t care enough about either one of them to try.

Comment by Trish – September 6, 2011 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ben seems like a genuinely good person – I’m sad for him that he agreed to this clusterf*ck ….

Comment by Katie G – September 6, 2011 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sure he is a nice guy & I have never watched the Bachelor. I did, however, watch the Bachelorette this season. Ben is not a good kisser. It was awkward to watch and he seems so uncomfortable. He pecked more than kissed. I could not watch that again. :)

Comment by Kim R – September 6, 2011 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If I were way younger, a lot taller and beautifully coiffed and made up like a model, I might send in an app to be a contestant on this show. This is the first time I have been looking forward to this show.

I fell head over heels with Ben and so glad ol’ whiny what’s her name, didn’t get her tears caught in his wine.

YAY Ben. I think he’s adorable and classy and smart. I only hope, just as if I were his Jewish mother (he’s not Jewish but I am), that he gets some lovely, mature and intelligent women.

I do realize this is The Bachelor and the producers will probably get ladies who wear tiaras, ones who wear fangs and maybe one in a nun costume, but I’m hoping there are some good ones in the pack.

Well a gal can dream, can’t she?

Comment by MK204 – September 6, 2011 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked Ben and wish him well – he seems smart enough not to choose the wrong women like the last 2 bachelors (ahem, REALLY wrong). Ben seems like a sweet guy like Jason M., not someone who just wants to be on TV. But I had seen a little campaign for Colby Donaldson of Survivor and was hoping it would be him! Colby would be a hunky bachelor and he seems like a good guy.

Comment by Hepburn_Tracy – September 6, 2011 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What the hell is wrong with his nose?

Comment by Alex – September 7, 2011 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post