Exclusive

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Glee, Grey's Anatomy, Community, Gossip Girl, HIMYM and More!

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Just want to say hi? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Can you give me some really good stuff about what is going to happen on Gossip Girl? —Saloni
Ausiello:
Good stuff coming your way in 3, 2, 1… The show is pulling out “all the stops” for its milestone 100th episode in January, according to executive producer Josh Safran. “We want to honor the [fact] that it’s the 100th episode,” he says. “We know that we are very lucky to be coming by it, and we’re going to respect that. So we definitely want to make it feel like it is a special event. Let’s put it this way — it’s not going to be a clip show.” Hmm… Safran already confirmed that Blair will spend the first chunk of the season planning her royal nups to Louis, so it stands to reason that the wedding itself would take place around midseason. See where I’m going with this, people?

Question: I’m still confused about Taylor Momsen’s status on Gossip Girl. Is she gone for good? Gossip Girl isn’t the same without Lil J. —Jen
Ausiello:
Sources confirm to TVLine that Jenny will return to the UES when hell freezes over. But it’s not like the show will pretend like she never existed. Case in point: Rumor has it her absence is addressed in the season premiere (and don’t assume she returned to school upstate).

Hot House Video: House Battles the New Prison Doc

Question: Do you have any hints on what’s to come on the new season of Glee, especially for Santana and Brittany, separately or together? —Ghislaine
Ausiello:
The word around McKinley is that Brittany will make a serious run for class president. And in potentially related news, I hear there’s an intriguing/hilarious story behind this photo, and we’ll find out what it is in Episode 2.

Question: Beggars can’t be choosers, so I’ll take any Glee scoop you can spare. —Colin
Ausiello:
A new glee club provides fresh competish for New Directions — and this particular group is much closer to home.

Question: I’m anxiously awaiting the new/final season of Chuck. Got any juicy scoop for us? —Pam
Ausiello:
Community‘s Danny Pudi will not be playing Abed when he crosses over to Chuck in Episode 5. “It’s not like Cougar Town,” he tells us. “It’s a different character altogether… It has something to do with Vic Sahay’s character, [Lester], I’ll say that.” And if you blink, you very well could miss his cameo. As Pudi points out, “It’s very quick.”

Question: With so much Community news, there’s been very little about Greendale’s resident buzzkill. What’s going on with Britta?! —Kellen
Ausiello:
I think a better question is who’s going on. (Answer: Troy!) “The stuff with Troy and Britta has sort of been like the stuff with Jeff and Annie in the past — still too subtle for the other characters to notice,” observes Alison Brie (Annie). “It’s very vague and we’re not sure if it’s just an attraction or something more. In the third episode, Jeff and Annie kind of notice the Britta-and-Troy thing and get a little territorial, like, ‘Wait a minute! We want each other [but] we don’t want you guys to be with anyone.’ It’s very incestuous.”

Community Spoiler Alert: Jeff and Annie’s Romance Heats up!

Question: Got any Community scoop? — Len
Ausiello:
Apparently, the show is about to out-gay Glee! In Episode 6, we’ll meet Jason and Randall, a pair of young Greendale fashionistos who are all a-Twitter because they get to hang with Miss Urbana Champaign, a drag queen whose video goes viral (at least among friends of Dorothy). Since some singing is required, may I suggest the glamtastic Manila Luzon from RuPaul’s Drag Race?

Question: Any hope of seeing either Booth’s mom and dad on Bones this season? —Dotty
Ausiello:
It looks like we may get a glimpse of Booth’s elusive pa in an early ’11 episode that finds David Boreanaz’ alter ego flashing back to his childhood — specifically, the time father and son attended the World Series together. The show is currently casting an 8-year-old version of Boreneaz for the circa ’80s sequence. Mom, send Junior to the audition in funny socks.

Question: Any scoop on NCIS: LA? —Heidi
Ausiello:
A November episode will introduce a former NSA agent whose secrets begin to come to light. Middle-aged Larry — the rogue operative in question — is said to be as smart as he is unflappable. But something tells me his knack for pushing buttons won’t have diminished since he was last on duty.

Question: Do you have any scoop on whether Jack Coleman is playing Caroline’s dad on Vampire Diaries? —Elsa
Ausiello:
That’s what I keep hearing, but I have no official confirmation of that. Makes perfect sense, right?

Question: Any news on what’s in store for Chase on House this season? —Melinda
Ausiello:
No, but I did get Jesse Spencer’s thoughts on Lisa Edelstein’s departure. He admits he has “mixed” feelings about the loss of his longtime costar. “She’s been there since the pilot, she’s a big part of the show,” he sighs. “When I first found out I was like, ‘Oh, no. We’ve lost another castmember. That’s really difficult.’ I love Lisa and I think she’s been such a big, big part of our show. And it’s hard to lose someone like that. But at the end of the day, it’s business. Unfortunately, that’s the way the business went. And now we have new castmembers, and we’re going to have to start over.” THIS JUST IN: New House Promo Features Fresh Spoilers!

Question: Haven’t really heard anything about one of my new favorites, Blue Bloods. Got anything? —Karen
Ausiello:
Danny is going to regret not calling in sick in the Oct. 7 episode when he accidentally shoots someone while working on a case. And not just any someone — a fellow cop!

Question: Is anything good going to happen for Meredith and Derek on Grey’s Anatomy, or is it all depressing stuff? —Samantha
Ausiello:
I hear Social Worker Janet (played Janora McDuffie), spied in the fresh batch of premiere pics, will return to Seattle Grace in October, which leads me to believe there’s trouble on the horizon with little Zola. On the brighter side, Derek continues to make progress on his and Mer’s McDream house. In fact, Episode 4 — aka the much-buzzed-about “all-male” hour — finds several of his colleagues lending a hand with construction.

First Look: 25 Pics From the Grey’s Anatomy Premiere

Question: I, for one, love that Owen will be the new Chief on Grey’s Anatomy. Any intel on how he’ll adjust to the new gig? —Theresa
Ausiello:
He won’t be hiding out in his office, mostly because… well, he won’t have one. I hear he’ll decide to ditch the traditional office and instead roam the halls armed with nothing but an iPad-esque tablet.

Question: Can we get any spoilers on How I Met Your Mother‘s Barney and Robin? We love this couple! —Juliet
Ausiello:
In the season opener, Lily urges Robin to crap or get off the pot with regard to Barney. “She encourages her to be honest about her feelings,” previews Alyson Hannigan. “‘Cause Robin’s playing it off like, ‘No, no, no.’ So Lily’s like, ‘Alright, then, prove it. Step up to the plate and tell Barney that it’s not going to happen.’ Something magical then happens, but you’ll have to stay tuned for that.”

Question: Any intel on which old girlfriend Ted runs into in the Sept. 26 episode of How I Met Your Mother? —Jane
Ausiello:
Nope, but I can tell you that it leads to a scene Josh Radnor says will “reward longtime fans” of the show. Per the actor, Ted challenges the gang to guess the identity of his ex. “And I don’t think he’s prepared for four-and-a-half pages of guesses from them of who this girl could be,” says Radnor. “They basically list every single girl that Ted has had any sort of encounter with over six years. It’s a pretty comprehensive list.”

Question: Tell me more about Annie becoming an escort on 90210. The very idea sounds laughably awful. In other words, I’ll be glued to my TV. —Angela
Ausiello:
You and me both, Angela. Sadly, Annie will be playing a G-rated hooker, which basically means there’s no sex and the dates usually occur in group settings. Zzzzzz... In far more exciting news, I hear the gang goes to Vegas in Episode 8 for a fun-filled weekend that features an impromptu wedding.

Question: How will Pete respond to his near-death experience on Private Practice? Is he going to turn into a vigilante like Derek did on Grey’s? —Elizabeth
Ausiello:
Hell, no. Whereas Derek embraced life (to a fault), Pete is going to retreat from it. “There have been all of these studies about heart attacks and how coming out of one is like plunging into a depression,” explains Shonda Rhimes. “People don’t come out of their heart surgeries happy or cheerful, many of them come out much darker, much more bitter people then they used to be. There’s an actual chemical imbalance, personality change that happens, and we’re going to play with that a little bit.”

Question: Do you know what the ration of mythology/standalone episodes will be on Fringe this season? —Scott
Ausiello:
I don’t have any hard data, but after chatting up J.J. Abrams, it sounds like mythology has the definite edge. “What I love about what the show is doing now is it’s kind of doing what the show needs to do to be the best version of the show, as opposed to just the apologists’ stand-alone thing — which I don’t think Fringe could ever be,” he maintains. “Shows like Alcatraz and certainly Person of Interest have much more of a shot because it’s much more, clearly a new case every week, whereas Fringe is like more about this insanely twisted family of people that are working in this crazy lab.”

Fringe First Look: The Season 4 Poster!

Question: Any True Blood scoop ahead of Sunday’s finale? —Scott
Ausiello:
By the end of the hour, the show will be down at least one series regular.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. Also, you can keep track of my scoops on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello. Thanks for playing! (Additional reporting by Meg Masters and Vlada Gelman)

1. AngelMoonGirl says:

Thanks for the Bones and Fringe scoop!
    With regards to the latter, I love that Fringe has always had this balance between mythology and stand-alones. I think it’s great, that you can have individual stories every week, but at the same time there can be this overarching master plot that twists and turns into so many unsuspecting places. Hope Fringe can last until its proper end, because man is it a clever show!

2. Donna says:

Sigh… more non-spoiler “spoilers” from Fringe… when do we get some REAL spoilers???

3. meme says:

I heard the one regular in True Blood is ……………………………………SOOKIE!

4. Ethan says:

90210: In far more exciting news, I hear the gang goes to Vegas in Episode 8 for a fun-filled weekend that features an impromptu wedding.

You mean like the one Brenda had in the original? How creative

5. Aeol says:

Re: True Blood – I wonder if Hoyt might bite it in this finale. I like the actor and the character but his biggest role in Bon Temps is as Jason’s best friend, and if this Jessason thing is really happening, how can they possibly find a logical role for Hoyt?

As for other series REGULARS – Kevin Alejandro is a series regular but I would be super bummed if Alan Ball kills off another of the cousins’ SOs. Why can’t Tara OR Lala have any kind of lasting relationship? If anyone deserves it, it’s Lala!

Fiona Shaw is also listed as a series regular and she’s definitely going to die. I think either Jessica or Hoyt has to go in order to redeem Jason. That’s all I got for regulars.

As for Britt Morgan AKA Debbie Pelt – she is NOT listed as a series regular but a Special Guest Star. SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER this character is still at risk since Debbie Pelt does die in the books and this clears the way for Alan Ball to continue torturing Team Eric by giving us Sookiecide in Season 5. Even though it never happens in the books.

6. deanna says:

people are still asking about brittana? O.o

7. Boo says:

I love FRINGE! The more seasons, the better! Thanks!

8. Lindsey says:

I’m going to be disappointed if the ex Ted runs into isn’t Victoria. She was the only girlfriend I ever liked of his, and while she’s obviously not the mother, I’d love to see her back. As for Barney and Robin, I’m just sick of that whole thing anyway. Never liked them together, never will.

9. Allie says:

Blair’s wedding on GG is so obviously a stall tactic- she’s never going to marry someone who isn’t Chuck.

*Drums fingers impatiently, waiting for that to happen*

10. chase says:

where be the NCIS original series scoops? michael, needing some scoops!

11. Amy says:

wow i kinda like the community scoop.. it would be interesting to see Britta and Troy have a little sexual tension

12. Rprincipessa says:

I hope Blair runs out on her wedding and marries Chuck!!

13. Sally says:

I don’t care about LE and her decision to leave the show (no, wait, I’m happy about it!), least of all do I care what other cast members think about it, I want scoop about the show! WTF?! Please, no more talking about LE, instead give us infos what’s coming up next for House, Wilson and his team!

14. Leela says:

Troy/Britta is one of the best things about Community. Their love story is so sweet. I’m so glad the writers are still going with it.

15. Riley says:

Thanks a lot for the quote from Jesse Spencer about Lisa Edelstein.
    I appreciate your support to Lisa and hearing other castmember express their genuine sorrow for not having her around anymore to work with and as a friend. I know things got sour to say the least and she was treated poorly just like Jennifer Morrisson was last year. Such a shame to lose these 2 talented actresses… For many, House/Wilson/Cuddy were, are the show. I don’t think I can come back to this mess and to this character House has become.

16. Jenny says:

Finn isn’t shown in the latest promo for Glee other than playing drums. Is his character being quietly sidelined? There is a lot of charicature on Glee and that’s fine for the funny, but I always found the Finn storylines the one with the heart (akin to say Dr.Green’s on ER way back when). I found the scene where Finn cries telling Mr.Shu about his girlfriend’s pregnancy or his body image concerns in Rocky Horror really moving. And no I am not some hormone-fuelled teen with a crush.

17. Gead says:

Love that Owen’s gonna be chief, although I do miss Chief Webber and I’ll definitely miss Owen being Head of Trauma.
    Wow, he sounds like a very modern chief ;)
    But I am a little disappointed that he doesn’t have an office, because I was looking forward to some office sex :/ Oh well. They can do it a other private places too right :P?

18. S. says:

Oh,great! Now Pete isn’t only plain boring, he’s going to be bitter and boring. He should be dead.

19. Karin says:

Maybe Chuck will try and force himself on Ivy in the 100th? The writers loves that and try to make it okay for him to do so.

20. Doreen says:

Mike,I still don`t know why you`re still talking about LE. Everybody heard the news.Seriously,I´m starting to despise this woman. The show was not named Cuddy md or Huddy md. The name of the show is House.md and Hugh Laurie,Robert Sean Leonard and Jesse Spencer are still working for the show. So give us finally some great S8 scoop and don`t rewarm cold coffee,please!!

• Dani says:

It’s not Mike’s fault. It’s all that’s on offer from the House peeps at the mo as they make ‘spontaneous’, I mean, ‘co-ordinated’ displays of regret that LE left the show, whilst advertising Season 8 with Huddy clips from previous seasons. Serious PR fail!

• Charla says:

This is so true. There isn’t much excitement coming out of the “House” camp this fall and the reason why is obvious: the departure of LE dealt a body blow to the morale of the team. Now it is clear that Hugh is genuinely charged up about his music and his films; RSL is still jazzed about his Broadway work of the past summer; Olivia Wilde is promoting her movie career; David Shore is still trying in vain to explain why House crashed his car into Cuddy’s window.

The spoilers we have gotten so far have emphasized the role of newcomers, especially the lovely young women. Why is it that “House” seems to treat female characters like Kleenex: to be used and disposed of? Cameron, Stacy, Lydia, Amber, Cuddy, Masters, Thirteen, even salty Nurse Brenda, all gone. And yet the male members of the team (Kutner excepted) slog on and on. This is the question I wish Ausiello would put to the “House” producers, why can’t they do justice to women characters on this show?

• Kim says:

“advertising Season 8 with Huddy ”

What? A re they trying to alienate the viewers who left because of the huddy crap?

• Charla says:

I actually think they were hoping to excite some interest in the fans by suggesting that the House/Cuddy relationship was not dead. Going forward the show has no buzz about it this month, as evidenced by these utterly lame spoilers Ausiello has been floating. No one, including the cast and crew, seems really to be interested in promoting “House.” And really, can anyone blame them? There is no there there.

21. SK says:

Season 4 was my favorite on HIMYM, so I’m excited to see the reverse this year. I wonder if Lily will end up keeping the secret all season like she did for Barney, or if she’ll be persuaded that Robin really doesn’t like Barney? Either way, hoping for those two to end up together eventually!

Also, I’m excited to see Ted’s “list” of previous girls. He really has dated a lot of people over the years, haha. I’m sure the returning girlfriend will be Victoria, though.

22. mandy says:

Yuck…. True Blood down at least one series Regular…… I love them all So not looking forward to that. As long as its not Alcide or Jason or Erik or Lafayette or Jessica or Sam. Darn it I dont want anyone to die :(

23. Amy says:

I would totally love Jack Coleman to be Caroline’s dad – but, if so, who is her other dad, aka, his partner?

24. Andrew says:

so sad for Jenny, really hope she can be at least in the final episode of GG

25. Jenny says:

For the love of god Michael can you please hold Rhimes feet to the fire about Derek’s house? They broke ground back in season six. Reel life or real life this is beyond ridiculous. Looks like another depressing season of Greys’s.

26. Spoilerchicka says:

Ausiello, thanks for the news update on House and Lisa Edelstein’s departure. It’s so sad she (Cuddy) won’t be there for s.8 as Cuddy-Wilson-House were a great dynamic. At this point its pretty obvious that Wilson will be the new Dean of Medicine (who else would give House his job back?). Please please please keep up the good work and keep us posted on Lisa Edelstein’s career moves. I sincerely hope to see her in her own show just like Jennifer Morrison got one with the fairytale theme. Sorry to see the Jmo-LisaE fandom going after each other but some people lead sad lives. Hey folks, let it go. these are two nice actresses who both got hosed rotten by the FOX network and by David Shore’s flaccid writing skills when it comes to writing women characters. Some guys can handle strong women, right studio-tard execs? DShore? You guys are so weak-minded. Yuck.

27. LHJ says:

CHAIR ALL THE WAY!!! We ALL know that the ONLY man Blair will ever marry is Chuck. To deny that fact is foolhardy & absurd. Chuck-Blair is the heart & soul of GG & its OTP!! CB=DESTINY=ENDGAME!!

28. GGfan73104 says:

Hoping that Gossip Girl’s 100th episode is ALL about Chuck and Blair…with maybe a sprinkle of Serena and Nate :)

29. Nan says:

How many times you will be repeating the same about Booth’s dad Ausiello? The question was will we see dad AND mum – if you have nothing new to report, choose another question. WE KNOW for like a month now that there will be a flashback to Booth’s childhood

30. Maria says:

CHAIR FOR the 100th!!!!! hope she leaves Louie for Chuck :)

31. HT says:

I just KNOW Jesus is going to die on True Blood. Of course Tara and cousin Lafayette have to suffer. Never-ending suffering is in their families blood. Those demon powers Jesus has will either destroy him, he’ll sacrifice himself for Lafayette or it won’t be powerful enough to destroy Marnie and so Marnie will kill him. Shoot, another good one gone! :(

32. Mike says:

Too much Brittany. The one liners have become lame, and the mumbling of Heather Morris is annoying.

33. Mathis says:

you can kinda tell the people who have bad relationships if they want Robin and Barney to get back together… did no one watch season 5?

34. Jenn C says:

Glad to see that Community might be “going there” with Troy and Britta! Always preferred Jeff and Britta just as friends, they’re too much alike, but they might fun partners in crime. Love Jeff/Annie!

Re: Gossip Girl, it always amazes me how many people STILL want Blair with Chuck after all of the awful, abusive things he’s done to her (aside from all the names he’s called her, trading her for a hotel to a man who almost raped his stepmother, and sleeping with Little J were two of the worst! Yet anytime there is a GG mention on here, everyone comes out shouting CHUCK AND BLAIR FOREVER! Yikes….) I say bring on Dan/Blair, they have great chemistry and banter, and he treats her SO much better than Chuck does.

35. LEIGH says:

It’s going to be Chuck&Blair 4 LIFE!!! We ALL know it…CHAIR is DESTINY!!! They are the PERFECT match in every way & CB truly understand, LOVE, & “get” each other. There is no pretense or attempt to mold one another into someone/something else. Chuck&Blair TOTALLY & TRULY KNOW & LOVE one another in spite of & because of their follibles. That’s one of the NUMEROUS reasons CB are such a winning & DESTINED combo!! Bottom Line: NO ONE can hold a candle to CHAIR or compare to their undeniable love connection!!! CB is in a league of their own…They are truly unique & cannot be denied!!! CB=DESTINY=ENDGAME!!!

36. Star Foreman says:

why can’t they just recast the role of Jenny? It would make sense and then the character could come back but leave Taylor out of it.