Horror Story Promo Warns: 'You're Gonna Die'

The latest promo for FX’s American Horror Story trots out a set of bloody twin boys and a menacing neighbor girl who doesn’t so much borrow cups of sugar but deliver heaping spoonfuls of doomsaying.

Catch Up on All the American Horror Story Scoop

Also, citing the chiller-thriller’s pedigree — Glee executive producers Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk — the teaser promises to have you “singing a different tune,” as it then cues up the whimsical (yet unsettling, once you see its context within the pilot) ditty “Tonight You Belong to Me.”

You also get Alexandra Breckinridge’s garter snap.

TVLine’s Fall TV Survival Guide: News, Previews, Calendars, Videos and More!

American Horror Story stars Dylan McDermott (The Practice) and Connie Britton (Friday Night Lights) as marrieds who move into a new (yet very old) house with their teen daughter (Taissa Farmiga). Jessica Lange plays a onetime actress who lives next door (and is mother to the girl in the promo), while Denis O’Hare (True Blood) is a previous owner of the home literally scarred by the experience.

Press PLAY below for the latest peek into FX’s Horror Story, which premieres Wednesday, Oct. 5.

1. Andy says:

they shouldn’t say “from the creators of glee”

it’s like “the creators of FRIENDS bring you The Ring 3″

2. Aprilcot26 says:

I’m really excited for this show, but I hope those “creators of Glee” don’t nosedive this show like they did with season 2 of Glee. :/

• Captain says:

I may be the only one but I actually really liked Season 2 of Glee. It was definitely uneven and had some pretty low points but overall, I think its creative highs were some of the best moments in the entire series. I also loved all the new characters and the expanded roles for Brittany/Santana.

3. Erica says:

This looks really good. I absolutely love everything that comes from Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk’s crazy little heads. I have a feeling I will be watching this with all the lights on though.

4. Lucia says:

I think that they are just trying to show that the Glee guys have a wider range than what we think they do.

• Danielle H. says:

OOrrrrrrrrr as a desperate ratings ploy?

• Sam says:

I’m no Ryan Murphy fan (he’s such a self-righteous a-hole), but I don’t think they need ratings ploys, and they’re certainly not desperate. Genre shows have done very well on cable lately, and the buzz surrounding AHS (which is quite a fitting abbreviation, considering it’s a horror show) is huge.

5. Kim says:

This totally looks scary.

6. Octavia says:

The cinematography in the previous promo looked better. It was darker. This one has a rather normal atmosphere. I hope they polish the look. Anyway, I know this is the show i’ll be obssessed about. Hopefully they add a bit of heart to the horror.

7. Brian says:

I was REALLY excited for this when the promos were showing less… To be honest, this looks like it’s going to employ every over-used cliché from mediocre horror films… Hopefully, it has a different twist or spin to it, otherwise I may only be watching an episode or two. Shame, because Connie Britton is amazing.

8. Michael says:

This promo is terrible. It sounds like the cheesy Halloween Horor Nights guy doing the voice over and “the creators of Glee will have you singing a different tune,” while cheeky, is just adding to the cheddar. Which I guess is fine, if the show is a self-aware type of horror, but while I was excited for this show, the ads aren’t making me want to watch it.