Fall TV Poll: What Will You Watch on Mondays?

Get More: Polls

The Fall TV season is right around the corner folks, so some tough viewing choices are coming. Let’s get thinking about them, shall we?

Each day this week — during “the calm before the storm” — we’ll show you the grid for that night’s fall line-up, including the broadcast nets’ wares and select cable listings. You then vote for what you plan to watch LIVE during each time slot (since live/live-ish viewership is still the creme de la creme when it comes to ratings, whether we like it or not).

One last caveat before we get to the polls: This is not a popularity contest. Organizing a robo-vote for a certain show will not get Mark Salling to take you to the Homecoming Dance. So have faith in the merit of your individual choices, then watch to see how many others legitimately line up aside you.

NOTES ABOUT THE MONDAY GRID: Grids represent the face-offs taking place for the bulk, or at least six weeks, of the fall TV season; for example, Syfy’s Eureka/Warehouse 13/Alphas trifecta was not included since those shows will be ending their seasons Sept. 19, Oct. 3 and Sept. 26, respectively. Details on the new shows (indicated by an *) can be found at these links: 2 Broke Girls, The Playboy Club, Hart of Dixie, Terra Nova, Enlightened.

Comments (200)

• Hawaii Five 0

Comment by Teresea – September 5, 2011 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well I would’ve checked out the Playboy Club but it’s against Castle, which is why I’ve never seen Hawaii 5-0. ALso looks like I can catch up shows I’ve DVRed earlier in the day Monday.

Comment by raelee514 – September 5, 2011 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alternate: Sing Off/Lying Game/2.5 men and mike & molly, live or DVR

Playboy Club at 10 every week

Comment by Ken – September 5, 2011 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How I Met Your Mother and Castle for me. I might try out the new CW show.

Comment by Tom – September 5, 2011 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle is one of the only shows I watch live. I’m counting down the days until the season premiere!

Comment by Kate – September 5, 2011 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing, probably, now that Chuck is on Fridays.

My TV schedule was packed enough last season (with something to watch every night), and I was lucky enough to not lose anything to cancellation. I don’t think I have much room for anything else, unless it proves to be exceptionally good, and I’ll let someone else figure that out for me.

Comment by Jeremiah – September 5, 2011 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch anything live if possible.

Comment by Will T – September 5, 2011 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will watch HIMYM live then maybe 2 Broke Girls since the previews look funny. I’m going to save Hart of Dixie for watching online.

Comment by peggy – September 5, 2011 10:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monday night will be: Terra Nova, House then local news;
    Every thing else holds no interest to me whats so ever!

Comment by Kath G – September 5, 2011 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terra Nova, House, and Hawaii Five-0! Can’t wait. Looks like a great Monday lineup. :)

Comment by DF – September 5, 2011 10:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do people still watch Dancing with the Stars?

Comment by Mikey M – September 5, 2011 10:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • More like, why did people ever watch it?

Comment by Tee – September 6, 2011 04:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Sing-Off? I guess it is cheap… NBC is going to miss Chuck on Mondays.

Comment by JHarnes – September 6, 2011 02:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I CAN NOT WAIT for [H]OUSE to return!!! HUGH LAURIE IS AMAZING!!!!

Comment by Grace – September 6, 2011 03:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto! Oct. 3rd just can’t come soon enough! :D

Comment by Scarlett – September 6, 2011 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t understand why you pose a question that is accompanied by a graph with only the networks listed. I find myself watching more shows on A&E, USA and TNT than network programming. It’s like eating soup with a fork. It really doesn’t get the job done.

Comment by Templar – September 6, 2011 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What means “Watch Live”? I don’t watch anything live. Everything goes on the DVR for later consumption.

Comment by Rich – September 6, 2011 05:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • House for sure. Terra Nova I’ll try out – hopefully it’s good enough to keep me interested as well.

Comment by Scarlett – September 6, 2011 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Won’t be watching anything. Lie to Me is gone, and what remains is s**t.

Comment by 3rdrocker – September 6, 2011 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DANCING. WITH SOME CLOTHS ON. WANT TO SEE THE STEPS, NOT WAIT FOR THE UNCOVERED BODY PARTS TO FALL OUT!!!!

Comment by marya – September 6, 2011 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You mean there are other shows on Monday other than Castle ;)

Comment by Gabriela – September 6, 2011 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HIMYM live, and the DVR viewing of Terra Nova will start after it’s over!

Comment by Aprilcot26 – September 6, 2011 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of one thing I can be sure I will not watch any reality show on any night. Watching Castle live but what happened to Chuck?

Comment by sandee – September 6, 2011 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Chuck has been moved to Friday nights for it’s 5th and final season. Final season starts Friday October 21st at 8pm and it will likely end in February. At least we don’t have to worry about the ratings and the writers are getting a chance to end the show. I’m going to miss my Chuck Pick Me Up on Monday nights :(

Comment by Wendy – September 6, 2011 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’ll probably be Terra Nova (if it’s good I’ll stay), Two and a Half Men (just want to see how it’s going to do with Ashton), Heart of Dixie, and Castle (my current obsession and my must watch for the season) :D

Comment by Alex – September 6, 2011 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely watching How I Met Your Mother live! After that I don’t care so much, though, we might keep it tuned in on CBS through Two and a Half Men if we’re not doing anything else.

I’ll DVR Castle and watch it on Tuesday.

Comment by SK – September 6, 2011 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terra Nova , House and Castle.
    I started watching Castle last season when CBS moved CSI Miami to Sundays and now it is my favorite show. Love Nathan Fillion!!!!

Comment by Jen – September 6, 2011 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monday is the worst TV night for me in that I have SO MUCH to watch. The rest of the week is generally spent catching up while trying to watch everything ELSE I watch. I generally stick to Dancing with the Stars (shut your face; I enjoy it) since it’s hard to catch up on that at work. The rest I can watch on Hulu at my lunch break. I watch Castle afterward because my roommates like it too. I catch up on HIMYM and Hawaii Five-0 (and 2 Broke Girls and Terra Nova if they end up being good) during work.

Comment by Liz – September 6, 2011 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, with looking at both Monday and Tuesday night schedules, I realized just how much better the summer shows seemed. During the summer, I Tivoed 5 shows on Monday nights – all of them on cable (The Closer, Rizzoli & Ailes (sp?), Eureka, Warehouse 13 and Alphas). Other than Terra Nova, none seem to interest me on Mondays. I’ll check it out live the first time if I’m home (otherwise, its Tivoed.) Even Tuesdays, at times both lines on my dual Tivo were recording (again mostly from cable). Now I don’t think that’s going to happen although I will give Ringer and New Girl a try.

Comment by Snsetblaze – September 6, 2011 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly, I don’t know. Maybe nothing. I’ll record 2 Broke Girls and 2.5 Men just to see if they’re any good. Same with Terra Nova. I’ve pretty much given up on Castle, but I’ll record the first episode to make a final call. Not even going to bother with House. Everything else on Mondays is crap. For the second week of fall programming, there’s a good chance I won’t watch/record anything.

Comment by Tom – September 6, 2011 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about those of us who never watch ANYTHING “live”?
    I dvr every show so I can start 15 minutes late and skip all the commercials and crap filler.

However, I would/will watch Monday Nite Football “LIVE” !!

Comment by Alienate – September 6, 2011 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle…can’t wait to see the Josh & Castle fight. ;) :D

Comment by Vannesa – September 6, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It seem I can’t get interested in House new season. I try to convince myself that it’s worth watching (at least the season premiere) because I know Hugh Laurie is awesome no matter what.
    But so far I couldn’t care less.

Comment by Aurora – September 6, 2011 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • thanks to On Demand, I can catch H50 and Playboy Club later.. DVR HIMYM… Monday Night Football otherwise or on a split screen..

Comment by Doug-H – September 6, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hawaii Five-0

Comment by Alavenia – September 6, 2011 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle! It is the only show I watch live! And can’t wait for it to start!!

Comment by ctf20 – September 6, 2011 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for season 2 of Hawaii Five-0 to premiere. Watch LIVE. I will also watch all the comedies on CBS, every Monday night.

Comment by Maureen – September 6, 2011 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know most people are going to be watching Dancing with the Stars. That show is mega huge in ratings. I personally dislike reality shows, so I’m planning on watching Castle live on Mondays. Nothing else really interests me, except perhaps I’ll give 2 Broke Girls a chance.

Comment by Michaela – September 6, 2011 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dancing with the Stars will be the top show the two hours it airs by far – crushing everyone airing against it as it always does, and this poll doesn’t even reflect that accurately. (It’s in last place here when we know in reality it will be in first. It averaged what – 20 million viewers last season?)

The results here are not exactly empirical and can’t be because of the conditions of the poll, but it is good fun to say what a portion of us are looking forward to. I am curious, however, as to what real ratings for all the shows next season – new and aging – will be.

Comment by addendum – September 6, 2011 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • To be absolutely accurate, Dancing With the Stars is in third to last place, not in last place, only beating out “Other” and “The Sing-Off”.
        Yet, even Gossip Girl is beating it in votes in this poll, and its numbers last season were very much at the opposite end of the spectrum from Dancing with the Stars.

Comment by addendum 2.0 – September 6, 2011 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mondays are all about Hawaii 5-0. 10pm never comes soon enough!

Comment by Lynnette – September 6, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle FTW always, best show ever!!i´m super excited for season 4

Comment by Mery Charlotte – September 6, 2011 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot wait for Monday at 10 PM to watch Hawaii Five-0. This show rocks big time and will be awesome during season 2.

Comment by Cara – September 6, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Live: Terra Nova, House, Castle. Recorded: 2 Broke girls [very funny show], Hart of Dixie [one of the few pilots I haven't seen, so I'll have to check it out when it premieres], Hawaii Five-0.

I don’t do reality TV, The Playboy club is lame and nothing else really appeals to me [though I will check in on HIMYM from to time to see what Barney's up to].

Comment by Sheldon W. – September 6, 2011 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • will watch dwts & h50 live. will also dvr h50 to watch later.

Comment by alk – September 6, 2011 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely Hawaii Five O because of Alex O’Loughlin!

Comment by Janet – September 6, 2011 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terra Nova and Castle.

Comment by Fiona – September 6, 2011 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only thing I care about is Castle because the amazing Nathan Fillion is there!!!!
    Super excited for the premiere. The Finale totally rocked!
    I will check Terra Nova too.

Comment by Kim – September 7, 2011 02:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Castle Mondays!!!!

Comment by Amanda – September 7, 2011 05:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hawaii Five-0, with an awesome cast and creative writers and producers, is the only exciting, high energy, fast paced and action filled show to watch every Monday night. CBS’ comedies are all amazing as well. It means nothing if the same fans keep voting multiple times each day!

Comment by Maureen – September 7, 2011 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Great CBS Press Release :)

Comment by Nina – September 7, 2011 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Love your post Nina. If they don’t push it, who will?

Comment by Anna – September 7, 2011 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DVR How I Met Your Mother and Terra Nova, watch Gossip Girl live or online the next day (because I’m the only one who watches it), DVR The Lying Game later (because ABC Family is good about showing their shows later in the week or the previous week’s episode earlier on Mondays), DVR Hart of Dixie, DVR Castle and Playboy Club (though I have a feeling the latter will be terrible)

Comment by Meghan – September 7, 2011 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terra Nova, House and Castle.
    I will dvr The PlayBoy Club.

Comment by kirstein – September 8, 2011 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching Gossip Girl live, sadly. And DVRing How I Met Your Mother so that it will make me happy after GG disappoints me for the millionth time.

Comment by Emily – September 8, 2011 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i wish the new house premier was longer then an hour

Comment by jacqueline varano – September 8, 2011 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gossip Girl gets me at the start, but we’ll see how it goes. DVR Playboy Club, Terra Nova, HIMYM and 2 Broke Girls. Love Kat!! and for sure Hawaii 5-0. Also, this is the craziest night on my schedule. LOL

Comment by Stacy – September 9, 2011 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post