Fall TV Poll: What Will You Watch on Mondays?

Get More: Polls

The Fall TV season is right around the corner folks, so some tough viewing choices are coming. Let’s get thinking about them, shall we?

Each day this week — during “the calm before the storm” — we’ll show you the grid for that night’s fall line-up, including the broadcast nets’ wares and select cable listings. You then vote for what you plan to watch LIVE during each time slot (since live/live-ish viewership is still the creme de la creme when it comes to ratings, whether we like it or not).

One last caveat before we get to the polls: This is not a popularity contest. Organizing a robo-vote for a certain show will not get Mark Salling to take you to the Homecoming Dance. So have faith in the merit of your individual choices, then watch to see how many others legitimately line up aside you.

NOTES ABOUT THE MONDAY GRID: Grids represent the face-offs taking place for the bulk, or at least six weeks, of the fall TV season; for example, Syfy’s Eureka/Warehouse 13/Alphas trifecta was not included since those shows will be ending their seasons Sept. 19, Oct. 3 and Sept. 26, respectively. Details on the new shows (indicated by an *) can be found at these links: 2 Broke Girls, The Playboy Club, Hart of Dixie, Terra Nova, Enlightened.

Comments (200)

• House, Castle & DVR Hawaii 5-0.

Comment by Mary – September 5, 2011 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am hoping that CBS or the CW add more programming to their OnDemand set up. Right now, through my cable provider, The CW doesn’t have any, and CBS is limited. Here’s hoping I don’t have to watch a ton of tv online again this year.

Comment by Jessica – September 5, 2011 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gossip girl,Hart of Dixie,Lying Game

Comment by Brandy – September 5, 2011 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have 3 DVR’s in the same room and do not watch any TV shows live any more. This gives me the freedom to watch what I want when I want. I’m sure I am an advertisers worst nightmare as I never have to sit through commercials, ever. It’s great that on the cable channels there are multiple showing that don’t conflict with broadcast channels a TV viewer with my options maximizes TV viewing time.

Comment by nlc6868 – September 5, 2011 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My Mondays aren’t so harsh, there are much busier nights of the week for me and TV. I’ll be watching Mike and Molly and Hawaii 5-0 over on CBS and checking out Hart of Dixie.

Comment by Melody – September 5, 2011 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Heart of dixi and castle that is it for Monday

Comment by Christa – September 5, 2011 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty much Castle, nothing else on the list really appeals to me.

Comment by Anne – September 5, 2011 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle baby all the way. The only thing good about Mondays.

Comment by N.M. – September 5, 2011 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll dvr Gossip Girl and HIMYM. I’ll watch GG live but around 8:30 I’ll flip over to DwtS during commercial breaks. Any dances I miss I’ll just look for on YouTube.

Comment by Marisa – September 5, 2011 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Sing-Off and Castle live

Comment by Juan – September 5, 2011 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My family will be watching live every Monday night:

How I Met Your Mother
    Two Broke Girls
    Two and A Half Men
    Mike and Molly
    Hawaii Five-0

Comment by Maureen – September 5, 2011 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will be watching Football and will DVR Terra Nova and Castle.

Comment by Renee – September 5, 2011 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Lying Game @ 8pm it sounds like it is going to be like Ringer
    I can’t wait for Castle to come back @ 10 the season finale was so very intense and surprisng did not expect the ending.

Comment by Emma – September 5, 2011 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For all timeslots, baseball or stuff I’ve previously recorded. No scripted shows are worth viewing live with all those ads.

Comment by Marc – September 5, 2011 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by joterri – September 5, 2011 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will watch Terra Nova live and give the new T&AHM a go, but far from being the best night of TV really.

Comment by Jack S – September 5, 2011 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hawaii 5-0 is the only show I care to watch on Monday! As long as they don’t change it too much this season with all the new characters. Love my Danno and Steven!

Comment by ljb – September 5, 2011 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CASTLE !!!!!!!!
    I will check out Terra Nova and TPBC.

Comment by Gillian – September 5, 2011 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle’s the only one I’ll watch for sure really. Wow, our dvr used to seem so busy on Mondays! I’ll probably give Hart of Dixie a chance at least, though wasn’t overwhelmed by that extended preview.

Comment by Tee – September 5, 2011 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After the amazing Finale , no doubt , Castle !!!
    I will dvr The Playboy Club. Looks good.

Comment by Hanna – September 5, 2011 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The funny thing is the one time I have a conflict… Castle v. Hawaii 5-0, I DVR the one I can’t bear to miss (Castle) and watch the other live IFF I’m home.

Comment by Barb – September 5, 2011 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Live Terra Nova, Hart of Dixie, Hawaii 5-0
    DVR- 2 Broke Girls, House, The Playboy Club

Terra Nova and The Playboy Club might not make my season pass list though.

Comment by Christina – September 5, 2011 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monday Night Football and Hawaii Five-0

Comment by Robin Jane Bridges – September 5, 2011 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Castle but I am the only one in the house who does, so it will be DVR’d.

Comment by Kaiulani – September 5, 2011 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching:

-Terra Nova
    -Hart of Dixie
    -The Playboy Club

I’ll be watching Two Broke Girls online.

Comment by sheilar88 – September 5, 2011 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hawaii Five-0 live every Monday night, and also DVR it to re-watch.
    HIMYM, Two Broke Girls, Two and A half Men and Mike & Molly – all live!

Comment by Cara – September 5, 2011 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CASTLE. So excited for season 4

Comment by Courtney – September 5, 2011 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • terra nova live
    DWTS will be dvr’d and watched until over
    Castle will be watched until we make it to live tv timing.

Comment by Alex – September 5, 2011 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terra Nova—House—Castle!
    Castle is a MUST wacth show for me . After the “I love you Kate” :(

Comment by Julia – September 5, 2011 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I only used to watch Two and a Half Man and Castle on Mondays nights, with Charlie Sheen gone I will not watch Two and a half man anymore.
    So now, it is only me & Nathan Fillion on Mondays.
    I will dvr TPBC, it mabe interesting.

Comment by Nadia – September 5, 2011 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle, Castle and Castle

Comment by Claire – September 5, 2011 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s ALL about Castle at 10pm….don’t really watch much before that.

Comment by CC – September 5, 2011 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will watch The Sing-Off live, but I am afraid it is going to get crushed by the competition.

Comment by Mark S – September 5, 2011 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hawaii 5-0 live! Got bored with Castle :(!

Comment by Jamie – September 5, 2011 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monday night will, in all likelihood, CBS all the way. Hopefully HIMYM will be better than last season. I’ll give 2 Broke Girls a chance. If they both suck, I’ll go looking for NCIS reruns on USA from 8-9. 9 will be the all new and (hopefully) improved 2-1/2 Men, followed by Mike and Molly at 9:30. And last, but never even close to least, Hawaii 5-0 at 10 pm!

Comment by Judy Tankoos – September 5, 2011 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sure I will check out a couple of episodes of Two and a Half Men. But for the most part HIMYM, 2 Broke Girls, Hart of Dixie and Castle is going to be my Monday line up. Next…

Comment by Sparky – September 5, 2011 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monday Night Raw

Comment by Joe – September 5, 2011 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will be watching Terra Nova and The Real Housewives of Bev HIlls. DVRing Hart of Dixie.

Comment by Justin – September 5, 2011 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terra Nova one of most awaited new shows, hope it doesnt tank; House-never was fond of House and Cuddy getting together-, season 7 was horribly written, with some elements gone, and show possible last season, am all in. Castle, am so in love with this show its getting an obsession now, its one of the best written shows, I think. Sept 19 cant come soon enough! :)

Comment by tahina – September 5, 2011 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will watch Hawaii Five 0 but if that Lauren German is constantly on I will switch to Castle.

Comment by Erin – September 5, 2011 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch How I Met Your Mother and start DVRing The Sing Off. When HIMYM is over I will watch the DVR of The Sing Off until I catch up and then I will watch it live. I may tape Heart of Dixie once to give it a try, but I’m not expecting much. I usually love genre shows, but Terra Nova sounds like it will never be able to keep itself together, so I’ll skip it. If it get great reviews and manages to hold on, I’ll get a hold of the DVD’s and give it a try that way.

Comment by Percysowner – September 5, 2011 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So i’m confused about the 12% watching the first half of gossip girl and the 17% watching the second half.

Comment by Jimmy – September 5, 2011 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only show I’m looking forward to is Hawaii Five=0. Lots of great action good back stories on the characters. It’s set in paradise. I agree should not have to much love interest for McGarrett. Kat was perfect. Hopefully his sister will be back too. If it becomes to much of all romance and soap opera that would be bad. Don’t fix something that isn’t broke. Love it the way it is but with the team back together.

Comment by Sally Amelotti – September 5, 2011 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terra Nova
    House
    Castle

Hart of Dixie looks like crap

Comment by Rob – September 5, 2011 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll also DVR Two and a Half Men, just to try the new format out, try Mike & Molly, Hawaii Five-0, and try The Playboy Club

Comment by Rob – September 5, 2011 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle LIVE H50 TiVo

Comment by Andrea – September 5, 2011 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watch Hawaii Five-0 live and DVR! My family will also watch the other comedies on CBS, which are great! H50, H50!

Comment by Will – September 5, 2011 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle’s the only guarantee for me on this night at this point. Gossip Girl has to be pretty good (better than it’s been in a while) in its first few weeks to keep my interest. If it sputters out, I’m all about How I Met Your Mother and 2 Broke Girls. Terra Nova and Hart of Dixie look like solid bets to me; not sure about Playboy Club, but I’ll give it a spin. I never watched Two and a Half Men when Charlie Sheen was on, and Ashton Kutcher’s not much more appealing to me, so that’s a giant unqualified no.

Comment by Jesse – September 5, 2011 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dear God, please let the Supernatural trolls not be fans of Two and a Half Men too.

Comment by Jesse – September 5, 2011 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How I Met Your Mother and Gossip Girl

Comment by Jared – September 5, 2011 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle and How I Met Your Mother :)

Comment by Jackie – September 5, 2011 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post