Fall TV Poll: What Will You Watch on Mondays?

Get More: Polls

The Fall TV season is right around the corner folks, so some tough viewing choices are coming. Let’s get thinking about them, shall we?

Each day this week — during “the calm before the storm” — we’ll show you the grid for that night’s fall line-up, including the broadcast nets’ wares and select cable listings. You then vote for what you plan to watch LIVE during each time slot (since live/live-ish viewership is still the creme de la creme when it comes to ratings, whether we like it or not).

One last caveat before we get to the polls: This is not a popularity contest. Organizing a robo-vote for a certain show will not get Mark Salling to take you to the Homecoming Dance. So have faith in the merit of your individual choices, then watch to see how many others legitimately line up aside you.

NOTES ABOUT THE MONDAY GRID: Grids represent the face-offs taking place for the bulk, or at least six weeks, of the fall TV season; for example, Syfy’s Eureka/Warehouse 13/Alphas trifecta was not included since those shows will be ending their seasons Sept. 19, Oct. 3 and Sept. 26, respectively. Details on the new shows (indicated by an *) can be found at these links: 2 Broke Girls, The Playboy Club, Hart of Dixie, Terra Nova, Enlightened.

Comments (200)

• Dancing with the Stars & Castle live

Will DVR The Playboy Club

Comment by chris – September 5, 2011 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • DWTS should be dvr’d because of the unnecessary filler!

Comment by Amanda – September 5, 2011 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really?

No one will be watching Monday Night RAW?

Really?
      Really?

Comment by The Miz – September 6, 2011 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes REALLY NO ONE WILL BE WATCHING

Comment by Joe – September 6, 2011 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really?

Comment by The Miz – September 6, 2011 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • My husband and I will be watching!

Comment by A big fan – September 22, 2011 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How I Met Your Mother & House! I haven’t watched most of House’s last season, but with the Huddy doom being over for good I can’t wait to tune in again!

Comment by Sally – September 5, 2011 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes!! My House survived Huddy
      too bad hers didn’t
      David Shore back in the driver’s seat, this is going to be great

Comment by sara – September 5, 2011 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “My House survived Huddy
        too bad hers didn’t”

Lmao, love it!

Comment by Jess – September 5, 2011 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, I can’t wait for season 8!!!

Comment by Jess – September 5, 2011 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here.HIMYM & House!

Comment by Ray – September 5, 2011 11:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I checked House for that time period, but I will probably skip it most of the time. I may catch it in reruns in weeks there is nothing else. Frankly, the show is repetitive and I’m sick of the Fox formula of nasty and odd smart people kept under control by socially smart but otherwise not so bright people. Same goes for Bones, I usually watch both shows only when nothing else is on and I need something new on TV, and I’m just not in the mood to watch You Tube, Vimeo, or other internet media.

Comment by Barb – September 10, 2011 03:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m pretty sure Weeds and The Big C are gonna wrap their seasons up before Terra Nova and House start. Man, that would’ve been a great three-hour Monday appointment watch.

Comment by D – September 5, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Pretty much correct — their finales air Sept. 26, the same night TERRA NOVA starts.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – September 5, 2011 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Will TVLine do a “Fall TV first impression” for Terra Nova?

Comment by Sam – September 5, 2011 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They already did, if you click that Terran Nova link above the polls.

Comment by lauren – September 5, 2011 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Thanks. Someday me read good.

Comment by Sam – September 5, 2011 02:06 PM PDT
  • How I met your mother and 2 broke girls, then heart of dixie ending the night with hawaii five O

Comment by t.t – September 5, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Defiantly going to miss my Chuck fix on Mondays. It used to seem so packed, maybe because Chuck was up against big power players. Without Chuck, I kind of miss Big Bang Theory on Mondays now. :)

Comment by Jayne – September 5, 2011 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gossip Girl
    Hart Of Dixie
    The Playboy Club

Will check out the new format of 2.5 men.

Comment by Jamie – September 5, 2011 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing in terms of live TV. I’ll have plenty of TV shows to watch on DVD instead.

Comment by Alex – September 5, 2011 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMEN Alex Amen

Nothing in this boring,unwatchable lot of TV Tripe espically “House”.

How about the old TV Series “WiseGuy” with Ken Wahl it is out on DVD and I got season one with Sonny SteelGrave and Mel Profitt

Comment by erin – September 6, 2011 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kick off things with DAIR. Reunite with Summer Roberts. End the night with Casckett.

Comment by Bronzia88 – September 5, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch anything live. It’s all TiVoed. You can’t make me watch live tv.

Comment by Sue – September 5, 2011 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I only watch Terra Nova live because it’s a waste of 30 minutes to watch HIMYM then nothing… LOVE HIMYM

Comment by Catherine – September 5, 2011 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im gonna watch Two BrokeGirls, Two and A Half Men, Mike and Molly and my fav Hawaii 5-0

Comment by Cheryl – September 5, 2011 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank goodness someone is watching Hawaii Five-0, as it is the best show on television, okay that’s just my opinion. But Alex O’Loughlin and all the action, comedy, some romance, such an enjoyable show. It has everything. IMHO there is nothing else on TV to compare with it.

Comment by audreyd – September 6, 2011 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • We DVR H50 and watch Castle live (ok, we DVR both shows, just in case.)

Comment by MelindaB – September 8, 2011 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only show I know I am going to watch is Castle. I thought about trying out Heart of Dixie and will flip through DWTS closer to December but other than that we’ll see.

Comment by leigh – September 5, 2011 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monday Night Football!!!!

Comment by Julie – September 5, 2011 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gossip Girl and The Playboy Club all the way! I’ll catch How I Met Your Mother, 2 Broke Girls and Terra Nova on Hulu.

Comment by maryse – September 5, 2011 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ‘How I Met Your Mother’ live, something on my DVR from 8:30-9, ‘Two and a Half Men’ live, and I’ll begin House on playback at 9:30 so I can avoid commercials.

Comment by Ryan Schwartz – September 5, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mondays will mostly be a catch up day on my DVR.

Comment by Acey – September 5, 2011 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL @ THIS:

Love it.

Comment by Whisk – September 5, 2011 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watch Live= Terra Nova, Hart of Dixie, Castle
    DVR = How I Met your Mother , 2 Broke Girls , Two and a Half Men, Hawaii Five O

Comment by Alex C – September 5, 2011 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh and DVR Gossip Girl as well

Comment by Alex C – September 5, 2011 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I care about is Castle. Before 10pm its a free for all. Whatever crabs my attention.

Comment by Sue – September 5, 2011 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. Castle is the first show I have watched ‘live’ since season three of Alias. Two Broke Girls is getting good reviews and I am def checking it out.

Comment by Lisa – September 5, 2011 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DWTS or the Sing Off at 8:00 live only because they are the only family friendly shows to watch with the kids. DVR Terra NOva and House and HIMYM.

Comment by Deb – September 5, 2011 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really don’t want anything “live”. I set the dvr for everything in which I’m interested. For me the categories are “watch same night” and “wait to watch”. The items I chose were for the former category. As for 2-1/2 Men, I haven’t watched it in years, but I’m curious for the first episode. I may also dvr The Playboy Club to check it out.

Comment by My – September 5, 2011 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monday Night Football!

Comment by Kelly – September 5, 2011 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • STILL cannot believe NBC dumped The event for 2 hrs of reality crap!

Comment by Laurel – September 5, 2011 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, I agree, The Event could certainly never be confused with reality.

Comment by Rock Golf – September 6, 2011 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monday is the worst night for TV for me. I literally watch all of the 8 o’clock except for Fantastic Four I mean Terra Nova. This is going to be one rough season.

Comment by ThereasonsY – September 5, 2011 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will watch Terra nova live(the first episode at least), then depending on what teams are playing on MNF, I’ll either continue to watch live or dvr it. I’ll prolly watch 2 1/2 men live. unfortunately playboys club conflicts with my show alphas the first couple weeks so i might hav to dvr playboys club then once alphas goes off I’ll start watching playboys club live

Comment by Es – September 5, 2011 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree on watching Alphas. I figure it will be off on hiatus by the time these all start.

Comment by Patchycat – September 5, 2011 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I sent my DVR for Alphas 1 am Tuesday morning – no conflicts whatsoever.

Comment by Clipper – September 6, 2011 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch HIMYM, 2 Broke Girls, and Hart of Dixie live and The Sing-Off DVR’d.

Comment by Tiffany – September 5, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How I Met Your Mother
    2 broke girls (if I like it)
    Hart of Dixie (if I like it)
    Castle

Mondays used to be busy, but I’m thinking they will be one of my slow nights now.

Comment by Sam J – September 5, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The rest is up in the air but Hawaii 5-0 for sure! It’s must see TV for me!

Comment by Cindy R – September 5, 2011 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s so good to see some people insterested on Hart of Dixie! Rachel Bilson FTW! However, I’m watching HIMYM and Hart of Dixie live as well.

Comment by Jesse – September 5, 2011 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was glad to see that too! I was really hoping there would be a lot of people interested in it. I think it looks really good and I’m a HUGE Rachel Bilson fan! (:

Comment by Darcy – September 5, 2011 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anything but ABC!! Dancing with the Stars has too much filler. I like the Sing Off but I fear now that they have expanded the show it will be loaded with filler also. Thank god for DVR. I will watch RHBH also.

Comment by Sue – September 5, 2011 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MNF, DWTS, House, Castle and Hawaii 5-O. We use our DVR alot!

Comment by Lisamarie – September 5, 2011 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also set my dvr. I have a daughter and a fiance and a life to live so I can’t always just sit around and watch tv. However I do love that Alex O’Loughlin is back in a weekly show so I hope he has better luck and Hawaii Five-O does not get cancelled. Don’t get me wrong. I will also be watching Castle, but please don’t take Alex away from his fans again.

Comment by CLJ – September 6, 2011 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll probably be watching SING-OFF and HAWAII FIVE-O on Mondays but I’ll rather watch TERRA NOVA on DEMAND if it’s available.

Comment by kevin – September 5, 2011 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie reminds me of Everwood,which I liked, so I’ll check that out. Terra Nova also seems to have a lot of buzz- I’ll watch it online at Fox.com or Tvguide.com.

Comment by Susy – September 5, 2011 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to watch DWTS live to support my Ricki. At 10:00 I will watch Thr A-list: Dallas. DVR 2 Broke Girls and Terra Nova. Monday is the least busy night of tv for me (excluding Saturday).

Comment by Pistrool – September 5, 2011 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will watch nothing at 8-9pm, then House and Castle. Don’t care about DWTS, or sitcoms. Not that happy with Hawaii 5-0 although I like Grace Park. They don’t do enough with her to watch it.

Comment by Kellie – September 5, 2011 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish the grid would have listed better what the primary cable channels were showing (Showtime/ HBO/ Starz) if any original programming. That might impact my vote/ decision. Like someone mentioned, if the Big C is still showing original episodes that might affect what I watch on Monday night, though admittedly Castle has pretty much become “must watch” TV for me.

Comment by mdaily – September 5, 2011 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THE BIG C ends its season 9/26, just as the fall season starts. The Cable Highlights single out the best original scripted TV options, plus the formidable MNF.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – September 5, 2011 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I work at night and never watch anything live… Does that mean I don’t count in ratings ever? This must be why Chuck got cancelled!!!!

Comment by mst3k – September 5, 2011 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Chuck wasn’t cancelled. It’s on, on Fridays.

Comment by Laura – September 5, 2011 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Same thing!

Comment by Lisa – September 5, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • My thoughts exactly.

Comment by Emma – September 5, 2011 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Uuhhh NOT REALLY dumba**es

Comment by Kaz – September 6, 2011 10:50 AM PDT
  • There needs to be a voting option for never watching anything live. I’ll DVR DWTS, Terra Nova, & H5-0 for later.

Comment by Patchycat – September 5, 2011 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monday’s are a snoozer for television. I can go to bed early on that day. All the good stuff comes on on Tuesday’s and Wensday’s anyways.

Comment by Snooze – September 5, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Monday is TV that sucks, I just sit around and scratch
      my nuts.

Comment by Tom – September 5, 2011 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle live – DVR 5-0 The Rest – don’t care!

Comment by Jamey – September 5, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mondays always have been and always will be Castle days for me!

Comment by Maria – September 5, 2011 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Other than Castle, I see no reason to watch television on Monday nights. Maybe cable news if there is a story happening. Maybe check out some MNF. But the networks have put together a collection of shows that simply do not appeal to me. I know several people who will be salivating over Terra Nova, but I look at the previews and see the most ridiculous show (that isn’t Doctor Who) I can imagine.

Comment by Timothy McNeil – September 5, 2011 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DWTS and Castle live!
    dvr, Terra Nova and TPBC

Comment by Pam – September 5, 2011 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle and Rizzoli and Isles when it comes back for the second part of its season. House is off my DVR and outta my life this year.

Comment by Crystal – September 5, 2011 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will definitely watch Hawaii 5-0 live and DVR it for repeat viewings, unless it turns into a romance with the new “female McGarrett”. If the show turns away from the Danno-McGarrett bromance and team action concept then I will turn to Monday Night Football then hockey when it starts.

Comment by Dee – September 5, 2011 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HIMYM is one of my favorites so I’ll be watching that at 8. Definitely going to check out Rachel Bilson on Hart of Dixie at 9. I caught up on Castle this summer and am ready to finally watch that live time at 10!! :)

Comment by Darcy – September 5, 2011 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gossip Girl & Hart of Dixie

Comment by Ingmar – September 5, 2011 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish I could vote for Castle more than once!!! It will be watched live AND DVR’d for viewing the restof the week.

HIMYM is also a must see. I’ll give Broke Girls and Two and a Half Men a shot, but not sure how that’s gonna go. Honestly all I care abt for Monday tv is Castle. LOVE that show!

Comment by Lynn – September 5, 2011 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only show I’m really looking forward to is the Playboy Club but I’ll check out Gossip Girl/Hart of Dixie if I’m bored.

Comment by Captain – September 5, 2011 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Super excited for the return of BORED TO DEATH!

Comment by E. – September 5, 2011 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post