Fall TV Poll: What Will You Watch on Mondays?

The Fall TV season is right around the corner folks, so some tough viewing choices are coming. Let’s get thinking about them, shall we?

Each day this week — during “the calm before the storm” — we’ll show you the grid for that night’s fall line-up, including the broadcast nets’ wares and select cable listings. You then vote for what you plan to watch LIVE during each time slot (since live/live-ish viewership is still the creme de la creme when it comes to ratings, whether we like it or not).

One last caveat before we get to the polls: This is not a popularity contest. Organizing a robo-vote for a certain show will not get Mark Salling to take you to the Homecoming Dance. So have faith in the merit of your individual choices, then watch to see how many others legitimately line up aside you.

NOTES ABOUT THE MONDAY GRID: Grids represent the face-offs taking place for the bulk, or at least six weeks, of the fall TV season; for example, Syfy’s Eureka/Warehouse 13/Alphas trifecta was not included since those shows will be ending their seasons Sept. 19, Oct. 3 and Sept. 26, respectively. Details on the new shows (indicated by an *) can be found at these links: 2 Broke Girls, The Playboy Club, Hart of Dixie, Terra Nova, Enlightened.

1. chris says:

Dancing with the Stars & Castle live

Will DVR The Playboy Club

2. Sally says:

How I Met Your Mother & House! I haven’t watched most of House’s last season, but with the Huddy doom being over for good I can’t wait to tune in again!

• sara says:

Yes!! My House survived Huddy
      too bad hers didn’t
      David Shore back in the driver’s seat, this is going to be great

• Jess says:

Yes, I can’t wait for season 8!!!

• Ray says:

Same here.HIMYM & House!

• Barb says:

I checked House for that time period, but I will probably skip it most of the time. I may catch it in reruns in weeks there is nothing else. Frankly, the show is repetitive and I’m sick of the Fox formula of nasty and odd smart people kept under control by socially smart but otherwise not so bright people. Same goes for Bones, I usually watch both shows only when nothing else is on and I need something new on TV, and I’m just not in the mood to watch You Tube, Vimeo, or other internet media.

3. D says:

I’m pretty sure Weeds and The Big C are gonna wrap their seasons up before Terra Nova and House start. Man, that would’ve been a great three-hour Monday appointment watch.

4. t.t says:

How I met your mother and 2 broke girls, then heart of dixie ending the night with hawaii five O

5. Jayne says:

Defiantly going to miss my Chuck fix on Mondays. It used to seem so packed, maybe because Chuck was up against big power players. Without Chuck, I kind of miss Big Bang Theory on Mondays now. :)

6. Jamie says:

Gossip Girl
    Hart Of Dixie
    The Playboy Club

Will check out the new format of 2.5 men.

7. Alex says:

Nothing in terms of live TV. I’ll have plenty of TV shows to watch on DVD instead.

• erin says:

AMEN Alex Amen

Nothing in this boring,unwatchable lot of TV Tripe espically “House”.

How about the old TV Series “WiseGuy” with Ken Wahl it is out on DVD and I got season one with Sonny SteelGrave and Mel Profitt

8. Bronzia88 says:

Kick off things with DAIR. Reunite with Summer Roberts. End the night with Casckett.

9. Sue says:

I don’t watch anything live. It’s all TiVoed. You can’t make me watch live tv.

10. Catherine says:

I only watch Terra Nova live because it’s a waste of 30 minutes to watch HIMYM then nothing… LOVE HIMYM

11. Cheryl says:

Im gonna watch Two BrokeGirls, Two and A Half Men, Mike and Molly and my fav Hawaii 5-0

• audreyd says:

Thank goodness someone is watching Hawaii Five-0, as it is the best show on television, okay that’s just my opinion. But Alex O’Loughlin and all the action, comedy, some romance, such an enjoyable show. It has everything. IMHO there is nothing else on TV to compare with it.

12. leigh says:

The only show I know I am going to watch is Castle. I thought about trying out Heart of Dixie and will flip through DWTS closer to December but other than that we’ll see.

13. Julie says:

Monday Night Football!!!!

14. maryse says:

Gossip Girl and The Playboy Club all the way! I’ll catch How I Met Your Mother, 2 Broke Girls and Terra Nova on Hulu.

15. ‘How I Met Your Mother’ live, something on my DVR from 8:30-9, ‘Two and a Half Men’ live, and I’ll begin House on playback at 9:30 so I can avoid commercials.

16. Acey says:

Mondays will mostly be a catch up day on my DVR.

17. Whisk says:

LOL @ THIS:

Love it.

18. Alex C says:

Watch Live= Terra Nova, Hart of Dixie, Castle
    DVR = How I Met your Mother , 2 Broke Girls , Two and a Half Men, Hawaii Five O

19. Sue says:

All I care about is Castle. Before 10pm its a free for all. Whatever crabs my attention.

• Lisa says:

Me too. Castle is the first show I have watched ‘live’ since season three of Alias. Two Broke Girls is getting good reviews and I am def checking it out.

20. Deb says:

DWTS or the Sing Off at 8:00 live only because they are the only family friendly shows to watch with the kids. DVR Terra NOva and House and HIMYM.

21. My says:

I really don’t want anything “live”. I set the dvr for everything in which I’m interested. For me the categories are “watch same night” and “wait to watch”. The items I chose were for the former category. As for 2-1/2 Men, I haven’t watched it in years, but I’m curious for the first episode. I may also dvr The Playboy Club to check it out.

22. Kelly says:

Monday Night Football!

23. Laurel says:

STILL cannot believe NBC dumped The event for 2 hrs of reality crap!

24. ThereasonsY says:

Monday is the worst night for TV for me. I literally watch all of the 8 o’clock except for Fantastic Four I mean Terra Nova. This is going to be one rough season.

25. Es says:

I will watch Terra nova live(the first episode at least), then depending on what teams are playing on MNF, I’ll either continue to watch live or dvr it. I’ll prolly watch 2 1/2 men live. unfortunately playboys club conflicts with my show alphas the first couple weeks so i might hav to dvr playboys club then once alphas goes off I’ll start watching playboys club live

26. Tiffany says:

I’ll watch HIMYM, 2 Broke Girls, and Hart of Dixie live and The Sing-Off DVR’d.

27. Sam J says:

How I Met Your Mother
    2 broke girls (if I like it)
    Hart of Dixie (if I like it)
    Castle

Mondays used to be busy, but I’m thinking they will be one of my slow nights now.

28. Cindy R says:

The rest is up in the air but Hawaii 5-0 for sure! It’s must see TV for me!

29. Jesse says:

It’s so good to see some people insterested on Hart of Dixie! Rachel Bilson FTW! However, I’m watching HIMYM and Hart of Dixie live as well.

• Darcy says:

I was glad to see that too! I was really hoping there would be a lot of people interested in it. I think it looks really good and I’m a HUGE Rachel Bilson fan! (:

30. Sue says:

Anything but ABC!! Dancing with the Stars has too much filler. I like the Sing Off but I fear now that they have expanded the show it will be loaded with filler also. Thank god for DVR. I will watch RHBH also.

31. Lisamarie says:

MNF, DWTS, House, Castle and Hawaii 5-O. We use our DVR alot!

• CLJ says:

I also set my dvr. I have a daughter and a fiance and a life to live so I can’t always just sit around and watch tv. However I do love that Alex O’Loughlin is back in a weekly show so I hope he has better luck and Hawaii Five-O does not get cancelled. Don’t get me wrong. I will also be watching Castle, but please don’t take Alex away from his fans again.

32. kevin says:

I’ll probably be watching SING-OFF and HAWAII FIVE-O on Mondays but I’ll rather watch TERRA NOVA on DEMAND if it’s available.

33. Susy says:

Hart of Dixie reminds me of Everwood,which I liked, so I’ll check that out. Terra Nova also seems to have a lot of buzz- I’ll watch it online at Fox.com or Tvguide.com.

34. Pistrool says:

I have to watch DWTS live to support my Ricki. At 10:00 I will watch Thr A-list: Dallas. DVR 2 Broke Girls and Terra Nova. Monday is the least busy night of tv for me (excluding Saturday).

35. Kellie says:

Will watch nothing at 8-9pm, then House and Castle. Don’t care about DWTS, or sitcoms. Not that happy with Hawaii 5-0 although I like Grace Park. They don’t do enough with her to watch it.

36. mdaily says:

I wish the grid would have listed better what the primary cable channels were showing (Showtime/ HBO/ Starz) if any original programming. That might impact my vote/ decision. Like someone mentioned, if the Big C is still showing original episodes that might affect what I watch on Monday night, though admittedly Castle has pretty much become “must watch” TV for me.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

THE BIG C ends its season 9/26, just as the fall season starts. The Cable Highlights single out the best original scripted TV options, plus the formidable MNF.

37. mst3k says:

I work at night and never watch anything live… Does that mean I don’t count in ratings ever? This must be why Chuck got cancelled!!!!

38. Patchycat says:

There needs to be a voting option for never watching anything live. I’ll DVR DWTS, Terra Nova, & H5-0 for later.

39. Snooze says:

Monday’s are a snoozer for television. I can go to bed early on that day. All the good stuff comes on on Tuesday’s and Wensday’s anyways.

40. Jamey says:

Castle live – DVR 5-0 The Rest – don’t care!

41. Maria says:

Mondays always have been and always will be Castle days for me!

42. Other than Castle, I see no reason to watch television on Monday nights. Maybe cable news if there is a story happening. Maybe check out some MNF. But the networks have put together a collection of shows that simply do not appeal to me. I know several people who will be salivating over Terra Nova, but I look at the previews and see the most ridiculous show (that isn’t Doctor Who) I can imagine.

43. Pam says:

DWTS and Castle live!
    dvr, Terra Nova and TPBC

44. Crystal says:

Castle and Rizzoli and Isles when it comes back for the second part of its season. House is off my DVR and outta my life this year.

45. Dee says:

Will definitely watch Hawaii 5-0 live and DVR it for repeat viewings, unless it turns into a romance with the new “female McGarrett”. If the show turns away from the Danno-McGarrett bromance and team action concept then I will turn to Monday Night Football then hockey when it starts.

46. Darcy says:

HIMYM is one of my favorites so I’ll be watching that at 8. Definitely going to check out Rachel Bilson on Hart of Dixie at 9. I caught up on Castle this summer and am ready to finally watch that live time at 10!! :)

47. Ingmar says:

Gossip Girl & Hart of Dixie

48. Lynn says:

I wish I could vote for Castle more than once!!! It will be watched live AND DVR’d for viewing the restof the week.

HIMYM is also a must see. I’ll give Broke Girls and Two and a Half Men a shot, but not sure how that’s gonna go. Honestly all I care abt for Monday tv is Castle. LOVE that show!

49. Captain says:

The only show I’m really looking forward to is the Playboy Club but I’ll check out Gossip Girl/Hart of Dixie if I’m bored.

50. E. says:

Super excited for the return of BORED TO DEATH!