The Talk Officially Ousts Holly Robinson Peete

No shock here: Holly Robinson Peete will not return to The Talk this fall.

The actress-turned-daytime host took to her blog to put to rest — and confirm — what has widely been rumored in recent weeks: that CBS has not asked her to rejoin the roundtable dissussion in Season 2.

“After weeks in limbo, I was finally ‘officially’ given word from CBS today that I have not been picked up for the 2nd season of The Talk,” she wrote. “While I am relieved to have this closure, it doesn’t diminish my disappointment one bit about not continuing with a show I worked very hard to launch and love dearly. But I’ve been around long enough to know that while you cannot control certain situations you CAN control how you respond to them.”

Peete, clearly taking the high road, went on to thank CBS “for a tremendous opportunity to realize a long held dream of mine to host a daytime talk show,” adding, “I learned SO much and will cherish and build upon my experience. Best of all I made some friends for life.”

“I want to thank the viewers and those who supported and rallied around me and expressed appreciation for the humor and heart I attempted to bring to the table,” she continued. “You lifted me!”

Positive outlook aside, Peete (who has a son that lives with autism) expressed that the one thing she will miss about The Talk is “the amazing platform” to advocate for families affected by special needs. “Just know that I will never stop speaking for you and sharing your stories. EVER.”

In late August, Talk co-host Leah Remini announced her own exit, all the while rallying behind the soon-to-be ousted Peete. “Holly, I have LOVED working with you,” she wrote. “You are the real deal.”

Season 2 of The Talk debuts this fall with returning hosts Julie Chen and Sara Gilbert, as well as temporary additions Kris Jenner, Molly Shannon, and Sheryl Underwood.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Contract Talks, Daytime TV, News

1. Leanne says:

I like Sheryl Underwood ok but if Kris Jenner is added I won’t be watching. I don’t like the way they let Holly and Leah go. That wasn’t right. I am not sure if Julie is behind it or not. Probably just won’t watch the show at all anymore.

2. Chelseaa says:

I am, just like all you loyal fans, very disappointed in the departure of Leah & Holly. Julie seems like a power-hungry individual, only out for her personal gain. Sara is often very bland and emotionless. Sharon is awesome, but truthfully, Leah and Holly were the show! They were so down to earth and relatable. Both ladies were great, enthusiastic, hilarious and heartwarming. They will be missed! Forget The Talk. Lame, lame, lame! I hope Leah & Holly get their own show; the deserve it!

3. Pat Selby says:

Wow! Officially finished making The Talk a daily habit………..

The show without Leah and Holly is boring boring boring……

Big Mistake…………..Julie, you’re gorgeous, but BIG, BIG, REALLY BIG mistake!

4. Nancy says:

Why on earth would you get rid of the two most real and I mean real women that you had on the talk, Leah and Holly. Another show that I will no longer watch, you made a huge mistake!! Sara and Julie are as boring as watching paint dry.

5. Karen says:

Julie Chen is a joke of a reporter! Leah and Holly were THE SHOW!!! I have not watched the show since they were booted. I can’t stand Sheryl or Holly’s replacement(can’t remember her name…she is very loud)

It’s obvious Julie slept her way to the top, and that Moonves doesn’t wear the pants in that family. I can’t believe The Talk replaced ATWT. What a Waste!!!!

6. Karen says:

7. nancy miller says:

hello cbs sure has been making alot of blunders lately but boy this was a doopper i can no longer watch the talk ill watch food shows i enjoyed those two ladies good bye sara and sharon good luck

8. Fran Prothr says:

I echo the same! I will not watch or record the “The Talk” any more. CBS have made a mistake by not keeping Holly and Leah on the show. I guess CBS don’t care for ladies who have something to say and feeling about what is going on in the world today. Love you much Holly and Leah!!

9. erica says:

I am pissed at CBS for letting holly and Leah go.They was so good,the ladies had amazing chemistry together.They were funny,entertaining and exciting to watch. I couldn’t wait to see what they would bring to the show the next day.The new ladies are boring together. It’s like they hired any two black comedians to keep the black viewership.DISGUSTING. I HAVE STOPPED WATCHING AND WILL CONTINUE TO BOYCOTT THE TALK AND CBS.

10. Redz says:

No leah n holly no “the talk” there is no point even switchin on to cbs cuz the best are not there

11. Kim B says:

Too bad the TALK was originally about what a great show with women that
    really made you laugh and feel there was a real comradery between them. Now the TALK is about how much the TALK sucks! I wonder if that’s why they named it the Talk.

12. DW says:

What a shame Leah and Holly are gone. What a bad, bad move. If Sharon Osbourne indicated on Howard Stern that the chemistry didn’t work well then I’m blind. I loved the show and both Leah and Holly specifically.
    I liked them all really. In my opinion, the show BLOWS now. I never watched that show much for their guests although they had great guests. I just loved the table talk. It’s a head scratcher for sure why they made that move. Guess God has something better in store for Leah and Holly and saw to it that they are available for it. Goodbye the talk.

13. Rox says:

Very sad, I was hoping Leah and Holly were on vacation.

I will truley miss you Both.

Holly, you are the best, bravest and God has his Plan mapped out for you.
    Leah, you are the Bomb, you speak from the heart.
    God Bless you both.

CBS, you have no clue……………….Losers

14. Jo Frazier says:

I know this happened a long time ago, and when Holly & Leah were let go, I stopped watching the show. I love Sharon and also like Sara Gilbert. I had no idea she was gay until she talked about it on the show. I have nothing against her because of this, but I do feel like she has really opened up a lot more recently. I have tuned in again occasionally recently as I did love the show when Holly & Leah were on. I even thought I might start watching again, but that voice of Sheryls is enough to turn anyone away from that show. Several of my friends have mentioned the same thing. I just don’t see what she brings to the show except a loud voice and constant interruptions. I wish there could be a talk show with Leah, Holly, Sharon and the other newer gal that sits next to Julie. I just can’t think of her name. We never did hear why Leah and Holly were let go. Does anyone know why?? I would be interested to know if ANYONE out there really thinks Sheryl adds anything to this program. I have nothing against Sheryl, but her voice and it is so annoying!!