Scoop: Molly Shannon Joins CBS' The Talk

Is Molly Shannon as fast and funny as Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete? Fans of CBS’ daytime chatfest The Talk will have a chance to find out when the show returns for its second season. Our sister site Deadline.com reports than the Saturday Night Live vet will serve as a guest host for the month of September, and will join returning Talk panelists Sara Gilbert, Julie Chen and Sharon Osbourne, as well as recently hired Sheryl Underwood, for next Tuesday’s season premiere.

Last week, the show signed Kardashian matriarch Kris Jenner to serve as a fill-in cohost. Remini and Robinson Peete were not asked to return to the show after serving on the panel for the duration of its inaugural season.

Are you excited to see how Shannon fares at The Talk‘s roundtable? Or does your membership to Team Leah and/or Team Holly mean your Talk-ing days are over? Sound off below!

1. E O'Reilly says:

MOLLY SHANNON IS TOO LOAD… SHE’S SCREAMS LIKE A BANSHEE AND HOGS THE FLOOR…please bring back Leah she was gutsy without looking like she was about to spontaneously combust any second… Julie and Sarah are bland but run the show so we need smart humour not SCREAMERS!!!!! PLEASE

2. Cutie2002 says:

Wow! How could Holly Robinson Peete and Leah Remini be excluded from the Talk? They made the show! I certainly can’t imagine why the two best talents on the show would be replaced. Was it out of fear – that their talents outshown Julie Chen and nobodies Sharon Osborne and the other air head (who has not opinion and portrays a shy little lesbian)? So long – forever!

3. JanieC says:

I will no longer watch “THE TALK”. It is drab and not at all funny . Please bring back LEAH an HOLLY.

4. Sue Wag says:

Pleaseee,give us a reason,

5. Cathy Whitney says:

What were you thinking taking Leah and Holly off and bringing on Kris and Sheryl. I used to look forward to the show everyday. Everyone was great and I used to discuss it with my friends. It was great!!!!!
    Now look what you’ve done. Don’t like the show at all anymore and will probably stop watching it.
    Bring them back and we’ll all be happy. Thank you.

6. Angela says:

Didn’t like JC ever. I only watched “THE TALK” when I heard Leah was a co-host…she was so so funny and smart that I actually had an alarm set in the house and on my cell phone to insure I didn’t miss the talk program…Only to see Leah!!! I haven’t watched it since I realized she was canned,the day they had Stevie on, while she rocked the show isn’t the same:( . I will no longer watch CBS and needless to say the alarms have been cancelled too!

7. NJ Thornton says:

Both my married daughter and I have also deleted The Talk from our DVR after the 2nd show and will no longer be watching.

Two days of Molly Shannon were five days too many for me; she nauseates me and the other one (sorry … Don’t remember her name) … Was mondescript.

I wasn’t fond of Leah’s constant yelling, but at least she was s happy-go-lucky personable gal, and much easier to watch than either of these two.

8. R Ewanchuk says:

I agree with everything i have read Leah and Holly did make the show so much fun to watch i would laugh from the beginning to the end. I don’t know who makes these decisions but it wasn’t the right one it was the same with the View loved that show when it first started but they let the original cast go know it’s just another talk show it would be nice if Holly and Leah started up there own show i think they would do a wonderful job. so sad to see them go:(

9. Moderate Viewer says:

Upon watching “The Talk” I initially thought I missed the announcement of the two guest hosts, the reason they were there (possibly Holly Robinson Peete had a temporary conflict of schedule and Leah Remini was on vacation), and the time frame of their appearance. I wasn’t impressed with either of the guest hosts but assumed their appearance was temporary and short (until Holly & Leah returned) therefore, I could endure.

As I waited for an announcement, regarding the time line of Holly Robinson Peete and Leah Remini’s return to “The Talk”, I became annoyed.

So today, I googled “The Talk” and now I have read statements on line by the viewers, fans, Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete. In fairness, I would like for “The Talk” to present their “View” in a professional manner to acknowledge the current situation and the attributions of Holly Robinson Peete and Leah Remini in the first season.

Ignoring the situation, will not make it disappear and may irritate viewers to the point of turning off “The Talk”. Acknowledge the elephant in the room and move forward (allowing the viewers to be truly informed as they decide to continue or discontinue to view “The Talk”).

10. Heather says:

CBS really messed up. I used to love watching the Talk because the girls all seemed to get along so well. They could bust on each other and laugh. I don’t think I have seen Sara laugh since Leah left. I am done watching too because it is boring. It was such a great show. What a shame!

11. Julia says:

I had really been enjoying The Talk, and was watching it instead of The View. I found it really fun to watch and thought the team worked well together. Now, it’s only “OK” and I no longer make a point to watch it. Sorry CBS, you really messed up this time.

12. Sue O says:

I watched the show faithfully since day one. Now I have several taped and have no interest in watching them. It’s really dull without Holly and Leah. The five had a good chemistry and now it’s gone.
    I do not undertand why they tried to fix something that was not broke. You build on a good foundation not tear it down and start over…… you’ll never get off the ground. Disappointed to say the least.
    Sad in Wisconsin.

13. ginger says:

I want to watch the Talk so bad but with the recent changes to the hosts I can’t stand it Molly Shannon looks like she should be doing sign language for the deaf and hearing impaired she talks entirely too much with her hands the chemistry is not ther without leah and holly I know sharon is so busy with everything she does love her though kardashian isn’t bad but dang tie molly shannon’s hands under the table cause I am turning the channel only 22 minutes into the show.

14. Linda H. says:

I went on vacation taping The Talk and looking forward to catching up when I returned. I was blown away to see Leah and Holly gone. I can’t agree more that CBS made a huge mistake not renewing their contracts and then the 2 people they replaced them with don’t come close to rounding out the panel. I will watch occasionally for awhile but don’t plan to record and watch regularly like I did before. I recorded The View and The Talk and watched them each afternoon/evening….not no more! Bring them back, fess up you screwed up and all will be well.

15. Andie says:

Go MOLLY !!!!! I love listening to your stories….She’s real !!!!

16. A. Bowen says:

I think Julie Chen shot her show down. The Talk is boring now without Holly and Leah. I am sorry to say Julie and Sara are boring people. The only other person beside holly and Leah was Mrs.O they made the show lively. This is too bad because before Julie make a big mistake and fired them it was a good show to watch. Leah, Holly and Mrs. O were the up people, and Julie did a good job by keeping the show in hand, Sara well she is just a bit boring. Sorry Sara. You have lost another viewer, I don’t think you are going to last too much longer, you are very boring now.

17. m.r says:

I LOVED LEAH THE MOST ON THE SHOW…SHE IS WHAT MADE IT FUNNY ….SHE WAS VERY INTERESTING TO WATCH ..SHE MADE IT “”REAL””….YOU NEED TO BRING HER BACK CUZ I THINK THE SHOW IS BORING WITHOUT HER…..I TRIED TO WATCH IT…BUT I JUST CANT SEEM TO GET INTO IT WITHOUT LEAH THERE……YOUR RATINGS ARE GONNA GO WAY DOWN IF YOU DONT BRING HER BACK………..

18. Miss Leah and Holly says:

ATTENTION CBS – How can you ignore all of these comments? Just take a look at how many people want to express their disappointment. We all miss Leah and Holly. I no long record the show, as well as all my friends. And now you are trying to tell us the rating haven’t changed. Wow, is that a load. You are trying to save face, but no one is buying it. You know you screwed up by letting them go, but are you strong enough to admit it??

19. Maryann Gruver says:

CBS ..What the hell were you
    thinking? I am so disappointed, hurt, and mad as hell. What a way to treat your loyal fans of the show? With out them the show is just another talk show. They made me laugh, cry and listen when they talked. It was a great group of women. But if this is the way you are going to treat these ladies then maybe they are better off and so am I went I find something else to watch. I found The Chew..
    I will no longer watch The Talk” My very best to Leah and Holly.

20. DKL says:

Last season taped on DVR “The Talk” every day and never missed watching it at night. Enjoyed most the chemistry of the five women at the table. The two with the least amount of personality (Sara and Julie)balanced the other three that were more outgoing and fun. I have given the new season with their permanent/temporary/guest hosts two weeks and just can’t watch any more. Molly Shannon has the personality of a sponge and gives absolutley nothing to the show. Sheryl Underwood is OK but no where close to replacing Leah. And… WHO IN THE WORLD WANTS TO HEAR OR SEE A KARDASHION FIVE MORE HOURS A WEEK. Last seson “The Talk” was very refreshing and fun to watch five days a week. Most days they did not need to even have guests to make the hour very enjoyable. The varying personalities of the five women were very entertaining. Best of luck to Leah and Holly…maybe another network will pick them up with a couple of friends for a new show “Talk BACK to CBS.” Wish CBS would respond to what really happened. Until they do we will all have to assume that Julie Chen does not play well with others. She has certainly surrounded herself with a current panel of women that do not over shadow her which is evidently what she wanted.

21. Jane says:

I still miss Holly and Leah. Molly’s ok but Sherri is dreadful. She doesn’t add to the conversation . She ends it. Leah had a life and commented in a funny way. Sherri only tries to be funny in a way related to sex, but she never actually adds to the discussion or gives any insights into her real life.

22. PAMELA says:

CBS YOU ARE NUTS. I LOVED THE TALK WITH THE 5 ORIGINAL GALS, BUT TAKING HOLLY AND LEAH OUT OF THE MIX WAS A BIG MISTAKE. IN MY OPINION THEY MADE THE SHOW. I WILL NOT BE WATCHING THAT SHOW AGAIN, NO USE IF YOU CAN’T LAUGH AND ENJOY IT. THE CHEMISTRY IS JUST NOT THERE AT ALL. HOPE CBS WILL BRING THEM BACK AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

23. Claude Baker says:

My days of watching “The Talk” is over.

24. annie says:

I stopped watching after the girls were fired.Boring boring boring….CBS is stupid stupid stupid….

25. Marie Al says:

This show should beg & pay whatever it takes to get Leah & Holly back! Remember Julie’s hubby is President of CBS…..
    They came in acting like it was about Mothers & now they have hosts that are not Mothers, they have a revolving door of hosts as well. Love Mrs. O, but she is out a lot! Leah & Holly had spice. Loved Marissa Jaret Winokur & she is missing. I never hear anything mentioned about these people missing either. I do not watch like I did the first season. BRING LEAH & HOLLY back please!!!