Scoop: Molly Shannon Joins CBS' The Talk

Get More: News, Scoop

Is Molly Shannon as fast and funny as Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete? Fans of CBS’ daytime chatfest The Talk will have a chance to find out when the show returns for its second season. Our sister site Deadline.com reports than the Saturday Night Live vet will serve as a guest host for the month of September, and will join returning Talk panelists Sara Gilbert, Julie Chen and Sharon Osbourne, as well as recently hired Sheryl Underwood, for next Tuesday’s season premiere.

Last week, the show signed Kardashian matriarch Kris Jenner to serve as a fill-in cohost. Remini and Robinson Peete were not asked to return to the show after serving on the panel for the duration of its inaugural season.

Are you excited to see how Shannon fares at The Talk‘s roundtable? Or does your membership to Team Leah and/or Team Holly mean your Talk-ing days are over? Sound off below!

Comments (264)

• I love Molly Shannon; however, I am really disappointed that Holly and Leah were not asked back. I just loved the both of them. I loved Leah back when she was on King of Queens and I really did not know much about Holly until the Talk… I am bummed!

Comment by Katy Wells – September 2, 2011 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Nothing against Molly Shannon but I personally think they’ve shot themselves in the foot. The show worked the way it was, even with Julie Chen. I say that because she is so bland. I wish they would explain, to the loyal viewers that have invested their time this past year, what brought them to this stupid decision. “If it ain’t broke…don’t fix it!” I’m bummed as well. :(

Comment by Kim R – September 2, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I AGREE I THINK THEY JUST ENDED THEIR SHOW. I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A BIG HIT BUT NOW I THINK IT IS DONE.

Comment by MARIE – September 7, 2011 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • THE SHOW IS GOING OFF THE AIR!!!! Leah and Holly will be ok!!!!

Comment by Rodney – September 7, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You are right; this show is done; Molly Shannon is the ugilest homely person I have ever seen and she gives nothing to the show. Bring back Robinson Peete and Reme.

Comment by Helen White – September 21, 2011 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I miss the two from last year. Not the same show. Loved Holly.

Comment by Linda – September 22, 2011 11:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I watched (or taped) the Talk every day until Sept. 2 when I fell asleep and I haven’t watcher it since. Holly and Leah were obviously very important to the success of that show. It needs to go.

Comment by Rn Fign – September 25, 2011 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree with some of you on here. The show was great with Holly and Leah just made the show complete. I really don’t know who made the decision to let these two go. Big Big mistake! Please bring them back.

Comment by Beverly A. Hall – September 28, 2011 08:55 PM PDT
      • I couldn’t agree more! Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete were excellent on this show! When I tuned in last Tuesday thinking I would see new shows on this new season I was shocked to see that neither of them were on the panel. The whole panel worked well and made the show very interesting. Now that these changes have been made I WILL NOT be watching!!!

Comment by Sherry – September 12, 2011 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree with all the disappointed viewers!! Loved Leah (still a big “King of Queens” fan)and Holly. I will not be watching The Talk and will be watching The Wendy Williams show instead. She’s interesting and funny!!

Comment by CindyinTexas – September 13, 2011 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I certainly agree with you. At least I won’t have to be home everyday to watch this mess of a show. They really messed it up this time. Too bad. I have many of my friends that feel the same way. What is wrong with CBS.

Comment by Sally Rolllins – September 13, 2011 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I am so not happy that Holly and Leah were not asked back. Big mistake. I think the show worked with all the original ladies. Now it’s so boring! I use to laugh all through the show. Not any more!

Comment by Rosemary – September 13, 2011 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • AGREED!!!!! LEAH AND HOLLY MADE THE SHOW WHAT IT IS, I THINK THE COMBO OF ALL OF THEM WAS A PERFECT FIT!!!

Comment by TINA – September 14, 2011 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I think this new season is discussing. I never missed a show last season but this year forget it. Molly and Sheryl and now I hear Kim have killed it. I love Sara and Mrs. O but forget the rest. I to am done……

Comment by Maddie – September 14, 2011 11:38 AM PDT
        • Think c.b.s messed up again. First they took off Guiding light and I boy cotted the chanel altogether then a friend told me about the talk so I gave it a chance. First few shows ok but then the girls got in grove with each other and they worked well together. I was alittle upset when they dropped Milissa without a word said on the show and now they did the samething with Leah and Holly. I didn’t even know they where leaving til I looked on the internet to find out why they wern’t on the show. I think America should of had a vote instead of just dropping people and shows like they never excisted. That is what upsets me most they act like Leah and Holly never started the show. The show is called the TALK Well I think they need to start talking for they are going to loose alot of veiwers. Sorry I gave C.B.S. another chance.

Comment by Rosemary Putnam – September 15, 2011 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Now that Leah & Holly are off the show I will not be watching the talk.They were the only ones that kept the show going;Sharon Osburne is not to be believed,Sarah is very bland and I thought I liked Julie somewhat but I sensed she felt superior to the others. Too, bad, now the show is boring! This was a very poor decision.

Comment by Laura – September 20, 2011 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What were you thinking? You’ve just lost a loyal viewer….

Comment by Susie – September 13, 2011 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • @susie

That makes two of us!!!!!

Comment by Lexi – September 15, 2011 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I AGREE 100% WITH YOU !!!!!!

Comment by nancy – September 15, 2011 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • hey my day was going good when the talk was the next hour. kick back and call a friend and enjoy the talk show now i just turn to something on the next channel the people who made the show is not there any more. it sucks .

Comment by earnell harris – September 29, 2011 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. It was appointment TV for me, but no more.

Comment by Kim – September 2, 2011 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am so upset about the exit of Leah and Holly. They were my favorite hosts– I thought that they brought so much perspective to the table and I really loved watching them every day. I am so sad to see them go and I do think this will impact whether or not I continue to watch this show. I just don’t think it will work the same as a show about mom’s talking about real issues. Holly brought a lot having a child with special needs and I felt that Leah, though blunt and loud, was so funny and outspoken. I really am so sad to see them leave without any warning :(

Comment by Jennifer Galeas – September 3, 2011 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree! I think this show has written it’s ticket OFF the air! I absolutely LOVED Leah & Holly! The original 5 were brilliant together! I have now watched the first two shows of the second season and found them both to be dead! Sorry CBS, won’t be making it a point to watch any more!

Comment by Peggy – September 7, 2011 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I totally agree…this was a HUGE MISTAKE!!!
          I watched every show each day, really looked forward to it.
          After seeing the first 2 shows of this new season without Holly
          and Leah I am so disappointed. There is no chemistry between these
          ladies anymore and that’s what made the show a “must see”. I adore
          Sharon O. and became very fond of Sarah G., but they can’t carry the show alone. Sadly, I will not be watching anymore. It would have been better if Mr. Moonves had fired his wife and left the others intact–at least the show would still be entertaining and fun and I doubt that anyone would care about Julie Chen’s absence.

Comment by patt – September 12, 2011 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I gave the new The Talk a try, and will not watch it again. It is not the same good show without Leah and Holly. There is no chemistry with these ladies. Sharon is the only good one there and Gilbert is sweet but certainly not the life of the show. I used to like Julie but not after she let go Holly and Leah., They should have let go but with her husband running everything I guess that is not going to happen, so therefore I will not be recording this show which is too bad because they dumped a good show.

Comment by Joan – September 13, 2011 02:10 PM PDT
        • I TOTALLY AGREE! You took one of the best shows on TV and ruined it. I watch this show every day and was wondering where Leah & Holly were. Now I found out. I looked forward to this show every day and mainly cause of Leah. She was GREAT! I really liked Holly too. The whole team together had such great chemistry. Nothing against the newbies but it’s not the same without Leah & Holly. And you have lost a very loyal fan. PUT THEM BACK ON AND I’LL WATCH AGAIN. Otherwise I’m done. VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Comment by Jeanine – September 13, 2011 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I am in agreement with all of the posts. I am in total shock. I have it DVR and looked forward to coming home and watching The Talk,I kept waiting for them to come back and thought it was unusual that no one said a thing. I will not be watching it any longer. Leah and Holly brought alot to the show. I thought those 5 women complmented each other. I have laugh with them and also cried with them. CBS you are wrong.

Comment by Charlene Lang – September 13, 2011 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Completely agree will not be watching this show again unless CBS brings them back. Worst mistake and no reason for it. Two guest hosts for sept I watch once and was done not the same.

Comment by Melissa – September 14, 2011 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Molly Shannon is great too, however I love Leah Remini warts and all. Holly is hilarious and a great women. If CBS was disappointed with the ratings, it was obviously Julie Chen and Sara Gilbert who the viewers didn’t gel with. CBS completely blew it. I feel sorry for Molly Shannon because she signed on to a show that will be canceled very soon.

Comment by Cheryl Wilson – September 4, 2011 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree i won’t watch it anymore. It is a shame for sharon i loved her too.

Comment by Marie – September 7, 2011 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • STUPID, STUPID CBS!!! I so enjoyed this show and the alternative it offered to those always angry women on the View. The Talk ladies appeared to be real and connected and honest. Guess they fooled me -and apparently Holly and Leah, too! And the replacements? PLEASE!!I would NEVER intentionally tune in to any show with Kris Jenner and Molly Shannon is a delightful sketch comedienne, but I shudder to think of her lapsing into her characters in a talk show setting. So little on daytime TV with women in a positive, upbeat setting and the Talk seemed to have that combination. Especially between Sarah and Leah who seemed to have such a great friendship…makes this even more surprising! Holly and Leah were the personality of the show! Julie Chen is so uncomfortable when she tries to act loose and cool…and Sarah is like a timid mouse unless Leah is there to get her going…what was CBS thinking??? I’ll never watch again…definitely no more TALK for me!!

Comment by Shelle – September 5, 2011 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • agree!!! Chen’s killed the show…totally blind to the fact that we watched for the other 3 (Leah, Sharon, Holly)…the other dull as dishwater. The replacements, not their fault. If i never see any of the Kardashaians again i would be a happy camper…hate that bunch of media whores. Molly clearly out of her element, Sheryl did her best but there is no chemistry in that group anymore. Sarah Gilbert desperately needed Leah to make her interesting…now just dishwater dull. Moonves will have to take heat from the egomaniac dominatrix he lives with and can the show. Nobody will be watching that trainwreck. The previous lineup was working so well, why did Chen have to get so jealous and wreck the whole thing. Hate Chen.

Comment by Lola – September 7, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I will not watch The Talk anymore, so disappointed that leah and Holly were not asked back. I also like Molly and know how hard it is to replace someone but there is no chemistry. I love the chemistry with the last seasons panel, I looked forward to watching them every day, but sadly deleted them from my pvr, did not find todays show entertaining what so ever.

Comment by shelley – September 6, 2011 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree will not watch anymore.

Comment by Bobbie – September 6, 2011 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree. I will not watch The Talk anymore. Too Bad!

Comment by Claire Aspedd – September 7, 2011 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I was stunned yesterday when I tuned into one of my favorite shows The Talk. No Holly, No Leah, No Viewer that’s me. Sara and Julie are tooooo bland to hold this show together. What really upsets me is that there is no explanation as to why this decision was made. Did the two ladies take the attention away from the others? Did they want too much money? Leah and Holly were the heart of the show and Leah was loud, gave Sara a hard time but all in fun. This show was so entertaining last year but after watching two episodes this season, I am done. The only reason I watched today was because of Nick Cannon. CBS you just gave The Talk it’s last season. Dumb, dumb, dumb. My DVR thanks you, it will now get a rest during that time slot.

Comment by Duanne – September 7, 2011 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thanks Shelley. I totally agree with everything you said. I will not be watching the talk anymore.

Comment by Sherri – September 7, 2011 06:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Like the show, but didn’t love it. Everyone seemed to just take turns and were sometimes rehearsed. Holly added some worthwhile comments & added some humor to the show; however Leah was just too over-the-top and show-offy most of the time. Sarah doesn’t seem to be a natural conversationalist, while Sharon..just never know what she’s gonna say next. Julie..always the perfect boss’s wife. What a shame. Now that two have been replaced, don’t think the show can recover. Just my opinion.

Comment by Cheryl – September 7, 2011 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree and will not be watching the Talk anymore. Holly and Leah were the best on the show, don’t care at all for their replacements

Comment by Jan Woldhuis – September 13, 2011 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with all the negative comments about the two new replacements and not bringing back Lisa and Holly. Yes, I like the new replacements, but they are just not right as replacements for this show. I won’t be watching anymore. CBS, what were you thinking??????

Comment by Beth – September 7, 2011 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t like the show without Leah and Holly. Can’t believe you let them go.

Comment by Harriet Moore – September 6, 2011 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • @Harriet

I couldn’t agree more, what a complete shame!

Comment by Rory – September 15, 2011 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am really sad! I was hoping that it was a bad rumor. I tried watching the show today and I had to turn it off. It was like losing two close girlfriends. I wont be watching The Talk anylonger:(

I wish all the Best to Holly and Leah.

Comment by Suzanne – September 6, 2011 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I loved coming home and watching “The Talk” as I worked out, I too am sad, the best to Holly and Leah.

Comment by sherri – September 7, 2011 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Suzanne said it well, plus I love Mrs. O and will miss watching her as I, also, will be tuning OUT. CBS, You messed up.

Comment by Donna – September 13, 2011 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I recently have been telling all of my coworkers how much I love The Talk and they need to watch. I told them two regulars were not on so don’t judge it yet. I can only watch one day a week and am SOOOOOO disappointed to turn it on today and now read all these posts and find out Leah and Holly are not coming back. HUGE mistake by CBS. I don’t even care if I ever see it again. It was so good and now it is ruined. Why ruin a good thing. Very upset and the show just lost another viewer. Bring Holly and Leah back please!!

Comment by Deb – September 14, 2011 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What really happened???
      CBS has made a BIG mistake!!!!! I will not watch “The Talk” and I hate “The View” but would rather watch “The View” now. Missing you Leah and Holly!!!!!

Comment by Teri – September 6, 2011 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was shocking to see how unattractive the table is without beautiful Leah and Holly. Mrs. O was no longer even funny to me since she sold out to the Moonves’s. I hope little miss bosses wife, Julie Chen, is pleased with herself. The Talk will obviously be canceled very quickly, costing all those employees behind the scenes their jobs. It’s clean to me Chenbot became painfully aware the Leah and Holly outshined her. That’s why the witch of CBS had them fired.

Comment by The new panel is dreadful looking – September 7, 2011 04:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow!!!What a shame. This show took the place of a long running soap my mom watched for years,was not happy about that to begin with.However watched the new show with an open mind.Absolutely loved the way the personalities meshed.NOT THE VIEW LIKE SHOW!This was very different very real.In real life there are all types of people,not just reserved professional types.Leah and Holly certainly MADE the show for me.They kept it REAL!Such a shame now BORING……..! ANOTHER VIEW!!!Will not be tuning in,sorry! Julie you and Sara can have it!!!!

Comment by carol – September 7, 2011 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i agree with katy –leah and holly were great–very funny do not like your new choices–you had a good show–it appeared you all got along that’s why i thought you were better than the view–i am dissapointed not sure if i will continue watching–totallt bummed!!!!!

Comment by kathy everidge – September 7, 2011 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree , I feel sorry for Molly, like her on SNL, but noone can replace Leah and Holly,…All five of them worked well together. I recorded the show to have something to look forward to when I got home to be able to laugh and enjoy the “girl talk” which I thought that was the premise of the whole show. Now CBS you have messed up big time!! I know we are peons, but if it weren’t for your viewers you wouldn’t be cashing your big paychecks. I have never been so disappointed in a show in my life! Don’t know whose decision this was but it was definitly a bad one. No I will not watch anymore, The Talk was a delight to watch to laugh or cry, not political and always listening to argueing like The View.. Big Mistake CBS….Big….HUGE!!!!!!!!

Comment by Sandy – September 7, 2011 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I watched the first show and part of the second one. Molly Shannon is nauseating! Yuk! The other new gal was so-so, but not interesting enough for me to even remember her name. What a disappointment. CBS really @!!*%^! up!

Comment by Jodees – September 8, 2011 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree . I watched the show just to see Lea sand Holly. I probably won’t won’t watch the show any longer

Comment by Donna Hammers – September 13, 2011 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I really enjoyed watching The Talk. Thought maybe Leah and Holly was on vacation or something, but after watching the show a couple of day it just it the same without them.Probably want be watching the show anymore. It is too boring without Leah and Holly! Too Bad CBS

Comment by Lisa – September 14, 2011 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I will not watch the show anymore. It’s not the same without Holly and Leah!! molly Shannon are you kidding me? Why would you mess up a good show by taking off Holly and leah and adding Molly?

Comment by muriel weiss – September 13, 2011 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am so disappointed that Leah and Holly are not back! I looked forward to watching The Talk daily and had my DVR set, as most days I can’t watch live. I tried to continue watching for a few days without them and BORING. I watched FOR THEM! DUMB move CBS. Deleted from DVR line up and will not be watching now.

Comment by michelle – September 14, 2011 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree with all of the disappointed fans of the talk. Miss Leah & Holly. The only personality is Mrs O. Disn’t realize chen was a bitch. (can’t handle competition) wating for show to be canceled. Would like to know what really happened!

Comment by marie tobac – September 14, 2011 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree Leah and Holly made the show. Gone with no explanation to the viewers. Another show on CBS not worth watching anymore. The morning show was done the same way when taking off Dave, Harry and Maggie.You gave no explanation for their departure either.Think Julie is fine but, she wasn’t the star of either show , it takes a team to make things work. Think CBS owes the viewers some kind of reason for the changes. The two new co-host just aren’t going to cut it. I liked to start my day with the old team. And now you have made the afternoon just as boring as your as your morning news show. Didn’t care for Katie on the evening news was glad to see that change but the spot should have went to Harry Smith.

Comment by TIna – September 14, 2011 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I miss Holly and Leah

Comment by Jane Perrin – September 14, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was a loyal viewer of The Talk. I thought Leah and Holly were on VACATION.I Cant believe they are NOT coming back.The SHOW IS NOT the SAME without them.And DONT look forward to watching anymore!They all worked together,the chemistry was great.Its something the show DOES NOT have now.Will NOT watch anymore.

Comment by debbie randazzo – September 15, 2011 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t believe that they(LEAH AND HOLLY) are not going to be on the show. who’s stupid idea was it to not ask them back? They were great at keeping the conversations going and they were both so funny. PLEASE<PLEASE BRING THEM BACK.THEY BOTH HAVE A GREAT SPIRIT FOR OUR COUNTRY THAT SHOWN WHEN THEY TALKED AND FOR PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT HEALTH PROBLEMS. NOW YOU HAVE LESS PEOPLE IN YOUR AUDIENCE BECAUSE I'M SURE THEIR FAMILIES DON'T COME THEY WERE A GREAT SUPPORT FOR THE SHOW.

Comment by dAWN gRAVES – September 15, 2011 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What the heck were you thinking this show is so boring without Lea and Holly they were great the one who should of been let go is Julie she brings the show down I feel sorry for Sharon and Melissa I stopped watching it and now do my housework BRING THEM BACK.

Comment by Debbie D – September 19, 2011 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Molly? Boring!!! And the stereotype large, loud, jive-tslking Black woman. How cheesy! and, of course, we need more Kardashian influence on TV. How diappointing. I liked The Tak as a fun counterpart to the stuck up The View. But, I’m bailing.

Comment by Lynn – September 20, 2011 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am really bored with this new show,and cant find nothing fun about it ,Julie is so boreing she need to go back to the news,becauce she still acts as if she is a anchoe instead of a host!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by kim – September 21, 2011 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with most of the comments……what were they thinking taking Leah and Holly off the show. I watched the show everday since it first aired. They only person remaining on the show with any personality is Mrs. O. I will not be watching the Talk any longer, CBS has managed to make another boring talk show!

Comment by Vickie – September 22, 2011 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • CBS just gave The View more viewers. I am a View fan but had started to watch this talk show as well. Now, I am strictly a View fan. Go Whoopi!

Comment by Carolyn – September 22, 2011 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree with you. Why would they get rid of the best thing about the show. I am really really unhappy. i loved the show last year. i am not enjoying it at all this year. and all my friends agree.

Comment by Theresa Dugan – September 23, 2011 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i hardly watch the talk now i love leah and holly not the same.

Comment by Donna – September 26, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I won’t be watching The Talk anymore without Leah and Holly. I only began watching mostly because of Holly (loved her radio show with Rodney on XM’s Oprah channel) and came to equally enjoy Leah.

Comment by Amy – September 2, 2011 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Will no longer watch the show,how dare they ,they the hosts got along so well,Leah made me laugh,Holly smart ,educated us about her kids,shame on you CBS

Comment by denise cape – September 5, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I COMPLETELY AGREE!! What a shame. I loved the show with Leah and Holly. It was funny and bright and I looked forward to watching in the evening after a long day. I won’t be watching anymore. What were they thinking??

Comment by Kelly – September 8, 2011 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I AGREE WITH THIS COMMENT 100%

Comment by dAWN GRAVES – September 15, 2011 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another reason never to watch the Talk again. No Leah. no Holly. But Kris Jenner. Give me a break. What a mess!

Comment by Maryann Craven – September 2, 2011 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still not gonna watch!

Comment by Denise – September 2, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watched all of season one. Will no longer be watching.

Comment by Beth – September 2, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely ridiculous. Holly and Leah were awesome. What a poor decision on Julie’s husband Les’ part. I will no longer watch The Talk. Done. Shame on you CBS.

Comment by Leah Ackerson – September 2, 2011 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this lineup better for the Chenbot’s ego? Has anyone figured out why Leah and Holly weren’t asked back?

Comment by Cookie – September 2, 2011 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Regardless of this Holly/Leah mishegoss, I just can’t stand Molly Shannon. I don’t think she’s at all funny, and she just uses that one loud character over and over again. Ugh. Consider me one less viewer.

Comment by A Noun – September 2, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haven’t decided if I will continue to watch The Talk. I loved the show and watched it as well as recorded it daily. All of the hosts seemed to have great chemistry together, which made it so enjoyable.

Comment by Renee – September 2, 2011 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do enjoy Molly Shannon, however I will no longer watch The Talk. Leah and Holly were the most reliably enjoyable members of the panel (though I do loves me some Mrs. O). I don’t understand why they are making these changes. TPTB really should be reading the comments from now-former viewers of their show. They are really screwing the pooch with these “improvements.”

Comment by Marci – September 2, 2011 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was on my DVR–now deleted…why ruin a good thing CBS?

Comment by cin – September 2, 2011 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Deleted from my DVR too. No Leah and no Holly and we are left with sweet, bland, shy, not talking much Sara, and Julie who is ok but not much fun. Mrs. O lots of fun but will be only on part-time. As if all this was not bad enough now we have to contend with Kris Jenner! no thank you! Molly Shannon, not my cup of tea, so once again no thank you!

No more talk for me. I do not think it will last long without Leah and Holly.

Leah and Holly it is not your loss, it is The Talk loss.

Comment by so disappointed – September 3, 2011 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • -HAD- “The Talk” on my DVR. I was excited to start watching season two…How sad that Leah and Holly were FIRED! Those two women are why I tuned in everyday! I won’t be watching anymore…deleted from my DVR!!!

Comment by Ruth Bell – September 6, 2011 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. Deleted from my DVR as well.

Comment by Suzanne – September 6, 2011 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • i also cancelled dvr the talk…its horrible

Comment by andrea – September 12, 2011 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I will not be watching! Leah and Holly brought a certain edge to the show and humor! Bad decision CBS!!!!!

Comment by jcooper – September 13, 2011 03:20 AM PDT
  • Will not be watching…. Did not miss a single episode of season 1. Will not see a single episode of season 2. Loved Leah…

Comment by lene – September 2, 2011 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have nothing against Molly but I will not be watching The Talk again. The Talk came off as a show with friends and family (they had their mothers in the audience often)talking and enjoying each others company. When they coldly got rid of Leah and Holly that destroyed that friends and family image.

Comment by Amanda – September 2, 2011 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not sure if it’s worth seeing without Leah and Holly. They gave the show such great diversity.

Comment by Legend Rivera – September 2, 2011 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s it for me. I watched The Talk daily since the start. Only one I didn’t like was Julie, she never seemed to mesh with the others and kept name-dropping her CBS exec hubby- yawn. I guess who you sleep with does matter. I thought Sara had more to do with the show and sHe seemed to love Leah. Oh well, more time for scrap booking….CBS you are a bunch of idiots.

Comment by Done – September 2, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol – scrap booking. The target demo.

Comment by ger – September 2, 2011 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Without Leah and Holly, I’m out! Love Molly Shannon but can’t stand Kris Jenner and Leah and Holly made the show what it is.

Comment by Bryan – September 2, 2011 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FAIL!
    If I did watch all I would be able to think of is Molly Shannon doing “Meredith Vierra” on SNL!

Comment by Rhonda – September 2, 2011 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also was a daily watcher, and without Leah I’ll no longer watch. She made the show interesting for me.

Comment by brittany – September 2, 2011 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am another viewer who no longer cares to watch The Talk since Leah and Holly are no longer hosts. Leah brought so much, especially laughter. Holly also brought something special to the show, along with Sarah. I honestly don’t know what the producers were thinking. I certainly do not want to see Kris Jenner on a regular basis. Molly Shannon is good on SNL, but not as a talk show host. It seems to be unanimous with viewers of The Talk that they no longer care to watch and like me, feel betrayed by those who have made these poor decisions.

Comment by Sherry Halley – September 6, 2011 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Have to agree with you bring Leah back

Maureen

Comment by Maureen levin – September 13, 2011 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m done too. I started watching for Leah and she was the only one who made me laugh. I guess that will leave lots of room on my DVR for Anderson and Rosie.

Comment by Trish – September 2, 2011 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely not watching. Can’t wait to follow Leah and Holly in their next ventures.

Comment by Cami – September 2, 2011 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Be forewarned prospective new co-hosts! Being married to the president of the network has it’s perks. Being smarter than Julie (Holly) or funnier then Julie (Leah) will not be tolerated! Buh-bye,
    to “The Talk” in my house!

Comment by Debra – September 2, 2011 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will not be watching the show when it returns. I really enjoy Holly and Leah and believe they made the show with their personalies.

Comment by Michele – September 2, 2011 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry you still lost me as a viewer. Julie Chen’s got her husband backing her, but she is a horrible moderator. Will miss Leah and Holly and without Sharon full time with them, still won’t be watching. Hello to the movies!

Comment by Chris – September 2, 2011 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still done with this show.

I’m not a fan of Molly. Didn’t like her on SNL.

CBS is shooting themselves in the foot more and more every day.

Comment by clare – September 2, 2011 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry, without holly or leah, no show! Why were they not asked back is the question. Tooo many women and what does Kris Jenner have to contribute? No show for me!

Comment by Samella – September 2, 2011 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I fell in love with this show, but Holly and Leah were the two biggest reasons. Sarah is OK, but without Leah she is far too wooden. Julie and Sharon are alright, I guess. I cannot imagine Molly Shannon being anywhere near as good as Holly and Leah. And Kris Jenner? Please! I watched the episode she was in, and I ended up fastforwarding past her parts. I seriously doubt I’ll be tuning in. Shame on CBS for messing with a good thing!

Comment by Tiff – September 2, 2011 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, the talk lost me as a viewer.

Comment by Cathie – September 2, 2011 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a way to destroy a show. Julie and Sara leaving no one cares. They took off the two best. Hope they get a new talk show together. It would be awesome! Everyone would watch and it would be better than the talk without julie

Comment by Sjs – September 2, 2011 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved The Talk because of Leah, Holly & Sharon. It was the only daytime talk show I have ever watched. Unfortunately, only having Sharon left will not be enough to bring me back. DVR season pass DELETED!.

Comment by Debbie – September 2, 2011 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I aggree ,I used to be a big fan of the View,since I am a political animal ,mostly liked it the year with Rosie…, but decided to give The Talk a try about 6 months ago and was quite suprised how much I enjoyed it, advised alot of my friends to do the same, … it was not the subjects covered but the diversity and chemistry of these 5 woman (laughed out loud!)
      Leah, Holly and Sharon were my favorites, so we are truly dissapointed in the change (OMG Kris Jenner, you got to be kidding!!!)… Dumb move, back to the View!

Comment by Joanne – September 6, 2011 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved the “Talk” as well. You have got to get those two great ladies back. When are you going to let the viewing audience know why
      they were let go? Did you get alot of complaints from other viewers?

Comment by Bev. from Canada – September 6, 2011 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You hit the nail on the head Debbie. I watched cause of Leah, Holly & Sharon as well, they made the show. I like Sara but she needs Leah to spice her up, and can do without Chen very easily. Leah mad me laugh, I mean really laugh every day. They all had great cemistry together. WHY? WHY? WHY? CBS’!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Jeanine – September 13, 2011 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No offense to anyone…Leah n Holly were the realest n most relatable on the show…I enjoy mrs o…but won’t watch just for her.

Comment by Niki – September 2, 2011 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I did enjoy the chemistry of the cast. These casting changes are a fiasco and hark back to the horrible firing of Valerie Harper in favor of some Wheat Thins fool. Anyway, how about bringing in Valerie as a substitute for Sharon when she is not available? She would bring a different spin and the whole world would not hate the producers for “killing” every sitcom actress.

Comment by Joe Johnson – September 2, 2011 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m checking it out for one reason only: Sheryl Underwood. If you don’t know who she is, she’s a stand-up comedian who hosted ComicView on BET some years back. An interesting tidbit: she’s a Republican.

Comment by Staylor – September 2, 2011 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wouldn’t you know she would be a republican. What happened to their so called family values? (Truly that was a joke)

Comment by Katie – September 8, 2011 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s frakkin’ hilarious! Yet somehow true.

Comment by Staylor – September 2, 2011 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Leah, love Holly. Watched this season but without them will not be watching. It is a shame it always comes down to ratings, but Kris Jenner, give me a break, enough already!!

Comment by Deb – September 3, 2011 03:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sara, Holly and Leah are the ones I tuned into see. I’ve been a fan of Holly’s since Jump Street. Guess I’ll switch to the Doctors show instead now. Talk about ‘jumping the shark’…..

Comment by bev – September 3, 2011 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know even comic of “Saturday Night Live” “Molly Shannon” wouldn’t make up for the lost of the two co-host “Leah Remini” and “Holly Robinson Peete”. Without that spark of “Leah Remini” quick whit and “Holly Robinson Peette” it’s just simply flat without them being present.
    What’s worst is that this is a show with promise and it just made a very critical move that could cost more the letting go the two co-host of the show “Leah Remini” and “Holly Robinson Peete”. Because simply the production is thinking of flash then quality. People have to lose their job,just for the producers to do the last thing but finish this shows strength,by getting out the part of the show that really could of been a contender for a hot show on daytime.
    Why take something that truly worked and now you have a dilemma and with the Fall Line for the upcoming season and this is just going to be very interesting how they going to make this work.

Comment by MEKISHA HALE – September 3, 2011 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Two comics will not take the place or Remini/Peete. Not a fan of Shannon or Underwood. This viewer will not be watching. Looks like you’ve just lost a large number of viewers. Here’s wishing the best to Holly and Leah and hoping your ratings tank.

Comment by shpow – September 3, 2011 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I find it hard to believe that these people @CBS, who get
    paid mucho bucks, cannot see what they have done.
    Leah & Holly can’t be replaced. We as fans see all 5
    as a package deal who we let into our livingrooms on a
    daily basis as we would FAMILY. We already don’t like
    the new people because they didn’t have the class to
    turn down your offer as all the “real” stars did. I’m starting
    to think that you will all be sitting in a meeting shocked
    that you’ve lost all these viewers as if you had no part
    in it. I’m looking forward to seeing Leah & Holly in
    some other format and hopefully at another station.
    Shame on all of you…..I won’t be watching EVER again.

Comment by Natalie – September 3, 2011 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am done “Talking.” It wasn’t broke, no need for a fix. And Kris Jenner – No Thanks!

Comment by RoadrunnerNM – September 3, 2011 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to agree – this show is shooting itself in the foot. The best part of this show was the CHEMISTRY of the five women – and even that didn’t happen overnight grew to be something very entertaining and enjoyable Julie and Sharon and especially Sara don’t work without Holly and Leah. I only watched the first half but I did it every day but I’m out.

Casting Kris Jenner and Sheryl Underwood for a show often geared towards stay at home moms is crazy. Jenner has made a living off pimping her adult children and Underwood doesn’t have kids. LAME.

The worst part is I really LIKED Julie Chen on this show. Guess she’s a better actress than journalist because I was certainly fooled.

Comment by TWoPer – September 3, 2011 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you. I will not be watching the “The Talk” anymore.
      Poor decision by CBS. Shame on Julie Chen if she truly influenced the decision not to bring Leah and Holly back. In fact shame on whoever made this poor, poor decision.

I do not like Molly Shannon or Kris Jenner and I do not know who this Sherry is. But I bet she is no Holly.

Comment by Samantha – September 4, 2011 11:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with the prevailing sentiments expressed above. This change is a great disappointment. I had The Talk on my DVR and never missed an episode, which is not true for me with any other talk show. I enjoyed the chemistry among all five women, but I especially loved Leah Remini, and the cute relationship between Sara and Leah. And although I enjoy Sharon Osbourne, and I love Sara Gilbert, I have zero interest in the program now. Oh well.

Comment by Ronni – September 3, 2011 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thing is, Molly and Leah are…or were? great friends. I can’t see taking a job like that knowing what they did to my dear friend. Makes me not care for Molly too much. Don’t be too sad for Leah and Holly, we are campaigning on facebook to get them a show of their own…on OWN network or …ANOTHER network. ANYTHING but CBS!

Comment by Nancy Stika – September 3, 2011 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I can say is that CBS really shot themselves in the foot. The chemistry among the five hosts was incredible. They seemed like they really liked each other. They were Also all parents and all very “real” and down to earth. They weren’t actors…..they were real. How could CBS make such a terrible mistake. I never missed an episode, but now I will miss a whole season. Kris Jenner is a real Hollywood type and can’t hold a candle to Holly and Leah. I have never heard of Sheryl Underwood, which is another mistake. How could you have done such a horrible injustice to your viewing public.

Comment by Suz – September 3, 2011 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well I always told myself that if leah was even sick i would not watch the talk and now there gone!!!! yea i wont be making time for watchin this show anymore….what a bunch of assholes @ CBS!!!

Comment by Felicia – September 3, 2011 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a truly stupid, awful, dumb unnecessary move on the part of CBS. It only makes me wonder how these top executives are the ones making the big bucks. They took my show, atwt, off the air after fifty plus years on the air and replaced it with the talk. I was soooooo upset about that but quickly became a fan of the talk, mainly because of Leah and the apparent chemistry all the hosts truly seemed to have had. I loved what they all stood for and was pleasantly surprised how much I began to look forward to watching it on TiVo everyday; especially since it’s the show that replaced my soap opera. I am extremely disappointed and just like everyone else, will no longer be watching. What a shame CBS……

Comment by Wendy – September 3, 2011 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t understand what the CBS execs are thinking; if something isn’t broke why fix it. I will no longer be watching The Talk !
    Leah was down to earth, funny and as far as I’m concerned one of the best on the panel. Good-Bye Talk !

Comment by Donna – September 4, 2011 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • this is unbelievable.. i planned my whold day around the show.. i dont like the new hosts.. ididnt really enjoy the guests.. i watched the show cause of the five ladies.. they fed off each other and made the show work for me.. shame on cbs this is the worst decision i have seen on tv since friday night lights was cancelled.. i wont watch with molly shannon or mrs. jenner.. sorry i think uve made a big mistake..

Comment by Deanna Choate – September 13, 2011 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WILL DEFINITELY NOT BE WATCHING “THE TALK” I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU WOULD RUIN SUCH A GOOD SHOW. I WILL NEVER WATCH JULI ON ANYTHING! SHAME ON YOU CBS.

Comment by Marilyn B. – September 4, 2011 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like such a sap!! I loved Leah and Holly. Yes, Leah was loud, and obnoxious and got on my nerves! Who cares? She’s a great person with integrity and she made me laugh. That came across to everyone. I admire Holly just as much. Holly is awesome. Julie Chen is not awesome. I couldn’t care less what Mrs. CBS thinks. I can’t relate to that social climber married to an A lister. Sara Gilbert puts me to sleep. I’m so unhappy CBS ruined this wonderful show. It had Seinfeld chemistry in spite of Chen and Gilbert. If they wanted to fire anyone it should have been Chen and Gilbert. What were they thinking? I will never watch it again, that’s for sure.

Comment by Danielle Shea – September 4, 2011 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How sad! Leah was brilliant on the talk. She helped bring Sarah out of her shell and generally had everyone laughing.
    Don’t understand what happened. But certainly will no longer follow the talk.

Comment by aj – September 4, 2011 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing against Molly Shannon – I liked her on SNL (though she was dreadful on Glee) – but when the powers that be dumped two of the women who made the The Talk what it was, they also dumped the portion of the audience who enjoyed the existing hosts’ chemistry. I won’t be watching it again.

Comment by ZD – September 5, 2011 12:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post