Glee Season 3 School Photos: Who's Missing?!

Get More: Glee, Photo Gallery

With Glee‘s third-season premiere less than three weeks away, Fox is revving up the McKinley High hype machine. The latest promotional gimmick: The release of the official and hilariously awkward 2011-12 class photos!

Glee Promo: Quinn’s In the Pink, Finn Looks Blue, Brittany Is Planning [Spoiler]!

As you make your way through the slideshow, ask yourselves the following questions: Is there a hidden meaning to be gleaned from the varying backdrops? Which snapshot would you most likely want to carry around in your wallet? And, last but not least, where the hell is Ashley Fink?!

Flip through our slideshow, then tell us in comments who you think is looking good this school year….

Tags: ,

Comments (176)

• Hoping beyond belief that this means Lauren is gone. I’m sure Ashley’s a great gal, but I can’t stand Lauren.

Comment by Amanda – September 2, 2011 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lauren’s amazing. They’ve already confirmed that Ashley Fink will be returning in a recurring capacity (just like last year). It’s odd that they have a picture for Becky and not her but maybe Ashley simply couldn’t attend the day they took the pictures.

Comment by Captain – September 2, 2011 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Becky figures in big this season. She and Santana are co-captains of the Cheerios and Becky doesn’t want to share. She’s going to try push Santana out.

Comment by Rowan – September 4, 2011 12:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I find the girl who plays Lauren Zizes lacking in the kind of talent Glee requires. And her character was mildly amusing in very, very small doses. It never worked for me her being a member of New Directions, particularly once Kurt joined the glee club.

Comment by Puckleberry – September 2, 2011 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You forget, some actors had promo pictures released midway through Season 1 and Season 2. Matt, Mike, Brittany and Santana didn’t have promo pics till a little into Season 1, and when Jesse and Shelby came on they were given pictures to. In Season 2, Sam, Blaine and Lauren received 1 around the middle of the season. Though Ausiello, you need to find out what’s going on with Lauren. They take her on tour and so far no sign of her in previews? Would RIB really risk losing TWO members of New Directions?

Comment by JDHetherington – September 2, 2011 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Why not? They’re losing two members, but the new ones will come: Blaine is transfering in the first episode, Damian’s and Samuel’s characters will join later and there is even some girl named Sugar who will according to spoilers auditioning for Glee Club. They will have enough members.

Comment by Jonathan – September 3, 2011 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m with you on that Puckleberry. I liked the character of Lauren when she was a small part, but once she joined the glee club and made other characters do dumb things, I did not enjoy her anymore. Hopefully they’ll kick her out of the glee club and just bump her back to where she was before.

Comment by ErixN – September 3, 2011 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No there isn’t a hidden meaning to the backdrops.

Ashley isn’t there because they’re dropping her.

ok.

Comment by jc – September 2, 2011 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where’s Ashley Fink?

Comment by Julie – September 2, 2011 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope that means Lauren is gone – her character bugs the HELL out of me. I’ve seen some interviews and Ashley Fink seems great but I just cannot stand her character!!!

Comment by Liz – September 2, 2011 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And Max Adler?! Where is Max Adler?!

Comment by Michela – September 2, 2011 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHERE IS DAVE KAROFSKY should be what you’re asking. No one seems to care about Max anymore when his character has so much unfinished storytelling to be told. :/

Comment by anon – September 2, 2011 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For those who are wondering both Max and Ashley’s roles have been reduced this season. They haven’t been let go but we definitely won’t be seeing them as much.

Comment by Sara – September 2, 2011 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I had heard that about Ashley, but there hasn’t been any announcement about Max that I’ve seen.

Comment by NMO – September 2, 2011 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know Ashley has’s role has been reduced, but nothing was said about Max. I know Max was filming a movie the time of the photoshoot, but sill i wish he was there.

Comment by Erik – September 2, 2011 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is this confirmed? Because there were no rumors about Max Adler and his role at all.

Comment by Claire – September 2, 2011 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • someone thinking they know everything and they know nothing. Nice try but no. You are wrong.

Comment by anon – September 2, 2011 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Where’s your proof? The only thing I’ve heard is the news about Ashley, but I’ve heard nothing about Max’s role being reduced. If you have proof, I think we’d all love to see.

Comment by Meg – September 2, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well, he hasn’t been on set for the first four episodes and confirmed that himself via twitter. Oh well, let’s move on.

Comment by Elle – September 9, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope so. They both take time away from the characters I like. Small doses for them sounds great.

Comment by Octavia – September 2, 2011 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ashley Fink’s screen time has been reduced? She’s continuing as a recurring character. Which She’s been since Season 1, Episode 14 (After a cameo in Season 1, Episode 8). Harry Shum Jr and Chord Overstreet were recurring characters through Season 2, and Heather Morris and Naya Rivera were recurring characters through Season 1. They appeared in like every episode of the season. Heck Ashley has appeared in the show more frequently then Darren Criss.

Comment by JDHetherington – September 2, 2011 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn! Dianna Agron and Mark Salling are smoking hot. The last one is my boycrush… Well, to be fair, I hated Glee for a while but when I watched THE GLEE PROJECT, I was like a fangirl. Now, I’m more excited to see Damian, Sam, Lindsay and hopefully Cameron and Marissa than the ACTUAL Glee kids…

Comment by Di – September 2, 2011 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope shes still on the show!!!! :o(

Comment by Rosette – September 2, 2011 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Becky’s in but Lauren Zizes isn’t? ¬¬

Comment by Ka'lel – September 2, 2011 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why does quinn’s folder say cheerleading on it?

Comment by , – September 2, 2011 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because she likes cheerleading?

Comment by Dain – September 3, 2011 03:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To me it is interesting that the ones on the blue background are the ones that have been said to allegedly be leaving at the end of the season almost like they are senior portraits. I remember my senior portraits were awkward and they made us pose with stupid things like something from a sport or what not. Maybe the red back drops are who is staying in school?

Comment by TheReasonsY – September 2, 2011 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i agree with you 100% they said what mike and santana were also seniors, so they might be just messing with us, which is quite usual with glee

Comment by lau – September 2, 2011 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I thought too. I mean everyone knows there senior pics are all awkward and glamour shots at the same time. Oh Mercedes made me laugh they made my friend do that pose and her parents go it lol

Comment by Liz – September 2, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was my theory, too. Does that mean Will Schuester will be leaving McKinley as well?

Comment by Puckleberry – September 2, 2011 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t imagine that Ashley Fink and Max Adler are gone. They were both used on the Glee Project and neither was a series regular. They are likely just guest starring in some episodes, just as they did in season 2. A series regular would have to do the photo shoot. A guest star could have had another gig lined up on the day of the shoot, so couldn’t be included. I wouldn’t read anything into it.

Comment by Scott – September 2, 2011 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the backgrounds play a significant role on who’s staying and going. I believe with the already released knowledge that Finn, Rachel, and Kurt are leaving; I believe that anyone in blue is a senior. When it comes to Schue and Beiste; I believe (could be wrong) is that they won’t be around next year as much either… which I think is stupid.

And I think the red means they’re staying at McKinley.

My question is though, where’s Ashley Fink, and Max Adler? And what about the kids from the Glee Project, mainly Damian and Samuel.

Comment by Debbie – September 2, 2011 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, Damian shows up in the 4th episode while Sam shows up in the 9th episode. Here’s the source: http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/holy_glee_spoilers_find_out_who_damian/260959

Comment by MTV – September 2, 2011 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not sure that’s true, as (SPOILER) it’s been confirmed that Mike is graduating this year and he’s got a red background. Also, Adler, Fink and the Glee Project kids are recurring characters, so they aren’t here. Which makes me wonder if Becky and Beiste have been quietly added to the regular cast…

Comment by Alden – September 2, 2011 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t know about Lauren Potter (Becky), but Dot Jones was promoted to regular.
        I’m wondering about Max Adler. We got official announcement Ashley is staying guest, but nothing about Max.

Comment by Susanna – September 2, 2011 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think that’s true. It’s already been confirmed that Santana and Mike are also leaving and they’re in red backgrounds.

Comment by Captain – September 2, 2011 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And Darren Criss? Why the hell is Darren Criss still there?xD
    Gosh, I can’t frakking stand him!!

Comment by Matteo – September 2, 2011 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t stand him either!

Comment by Claudia – September 2, 2011 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here. His character annoys me so much. Overrated.

Comment by mary – September 2, 2011 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love Darren, I think he’s great, but Blaine is really irritating! He’s conceited and a hypocrite!

Comment by Ann – September 2, 2011 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • THIS! ^^^

Comment by Anna – September 2, 2011 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Clearly we’re watching different shows. I have never, EVER seen Blaine to be a conceited or hypocritical character. He can be a bit oblivious at times, but he does have a good heart and genuinely wants to help people. Flaws like that just make a character more interesting.

Comment by Elle – September 9, 2011 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My question is why the hell does Kurt’s dad get a school picture? Seems a bit strange.

Comment by Josh – September 2, 2011 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because he is a series regular.

Comment by Joseph – September 2, 2011 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mine is – where is Principal Figgins? He’s on the same level as Kurt’s dad or Coach Beiste – a recurring character.

Comment by Snsetblaze – September 2, 2011 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, Burt is technically a series regular. He gets the same pay per episode as characters like Kurt and Artie and his name is in the opening credits whether he’s in the episode or not, unlike Principal Figgins and Coach Beiste.

Comment by Jordan – September 2, 2011 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because Burt/Mike O’Malley is amazing. :)

Comment by Elle – September 9, 2011 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Foreshadowing? Blue graduating/leaving?.

Since Kurt,Finn,Rachel are all Blue, and they’re the ones leaving, i’d say there is more to the backgrounds that just random.

Comment by RJMac – September 2, 2011 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Santana’s picture will definitely be in my wallet! And Brittany’s and Quinn’s too. ;)

Comment by Pat – September 2, 2011 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll miss Lauren in ND, I thought she and Puck were hilarious together. Yay for Becky, though! I’m happy to see Lauren Potter has a photo-shoot with the main cast, she’s adorable.

Comment by Jordan – September 2, 2011 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I doubt the backround colors have to do with anything, they probably just chose what looked good. Besides, if blue meant leaving it would mean that Will and Beiste would leave the show while Emma and Sue stayed, which I can’t see happening.

Comment by Halle – September 2, 2011 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if lauren zizes is gone, i will be ecstatic. there was a lot of low points in season 2, but the heavy inclusion of her godawful character was definitely the worst offense

Comment by josh – September 2, 2011 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too, Josh!

Comment by Nozizes – September 4, 2011 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Quinn’s picture is strange. She’s got a punk-esk hairstyle, a rather demure dress, no neck, and a cheerleading binder…mixed signals galore!

Oh and Emma looks adorable!

Comment by Anissa – September 2, 2011 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Principal Figgins?

Comment by Soni – September 2, 2011 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The backgrounds mean nothing. Dianna has already said that she knows Quinn is a senior.

Comment by lauren – September 2, 2011 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Blaine still in his uniform? We’ve already seen him in the promo in a New Directions number, so I don’t know who they’re trying to fool…But hurray for him being there!

Comment by Vesta – September 2, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Darren’s pose reminds me of a little musical number in which he “couldn’t wait to get back to school, where everybody thinks he’s cool.” love it.

Comment by bel – September 2, 2011 10:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m so thrilled to see Blaine there! :D I’m sure they just have him in uniform to try not to give away the transferring plot – but we all know, and I can’t wait to see him with all his McKinley bros.

Comment by Drew – September 9, 2011 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also… Where is Max Adler? We need Dave Karofsky back, his story isn’t finished yet!

Comment by Lis – September 2, 2011 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where’s Max Adler? Dave’s storyline was the most interesting!

Comment by Erik – September 2, 2011 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dave’s story wasn’t the most interesting – he was just a small part of the bullying arc, which came full circle when he finally apologized.

Comment by Elle – September 9, 2011 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Harry Shum’s and Heather’s are my favourite shots by far here

Comment by fiona – September 2, 2011 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Finn’s. Corey’s expression is hilarious.

Comment by Lauren – September 2, 2011 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Terri? She is the only character I love on Glee.

Comment by Sivat – September 2, 2011 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Terri is not coming back. In every glee article you obsess over Teri. Get over it and move on.

Comment by Paris – September 2, 2011 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was looking forward to Dave Karofsky’s picture the most. :( Where’s Max?

Comment by Bea – September 2, 2011 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • where’s max/dave? one of the best characters, here’s hoping they bring him back and don’t drop him.

Comment by xel – September 2, 2011 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um, where’s Dave Karofsky? Whether you enjoyed last season or not, that character was central to the major bullying arc. He made great personal strides through several episodes, but ended the year frightened, closeted and alone! I can’t believe that the writers would leave him in that state. And with Max Adler having mentored on The Glee Project for Tenacity week as an example of the good things that can happen when you persist doing good work on even a minor role (i.e., his role grew considerably), it would be particularly cruel if the role were then reduced again. Sincerely hope we hear something about where the character (and actor) stand this season on Glee!

Comment by Melanie – September 2, 2011 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He wasn’t central to the bullying arc – he was the antagonist, but it the arc centered around Kurt’s torment, assault, and eventual chrysallis at Dalton to become a happier, more poised person. That was the central story.

Comment by Elle – September 9, 2011 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whare’s Dave? Where’s Max Adler? I’m worried! :(

Comment by Kate – September 2, 2011 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aren’t Ashley and Max recurring and not series regulars yet, that is probably why they are not included.

Comment by Pammers – September 2, 2011 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Becky isn’t a regular and she’s included.

Comment by Erik – September 2, 2011 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where’s Dave Karofsky? Best character on the show! So, so disappointed he doesn’t have a picture!

Comment by Chris P – September 2, 2011 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was disappointing to notice that both Lauren Zizes and Dave Karofsky were missing from the class pictures. Dave’s storyline still has some definite mileage in it but seems to be stuck hanging off a cliff. And Lauren was a nice addition to the club. How are they going to explain THESE absences?

Comment by Melissa – September 2, 2011 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lauren Zizes a nice addition to the club??!! How? Why? She couldn’t sing. Her “dancing” was painful to watch as she struggled to move. And her acting is pretty bad. And I always failed to see any chemistry between her character and Puck. I hope she gets as much screen time as she had in Season 1…or, better yet, none at all.

Comment by Nozizes! – September 4, 2011 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You realize your hate and the hate for Ashley Fink’s character is overdramatic. She doesn’t sing or dance as well as the others. You’ll note that a number of them actually didn’t either, until they came onto the show. She’s an actor and that’s what she was hired to do. Her romance with Puck isn’t the kind where she will be deciding what she’s going to wear on their “first night together”. I think you and your generation are too caught up in watching couples go straight to bed to prove their undying love for each other, it appears that’s what you will always equate a “normal” relationship to. Shows your immaturity and those who share your same opinion on Fink’s character, which I feel she performs well. And no offense, I don’t think she’s made anyone do anything stupid. It’s called acting. They’re not making that shack up on the fly, so get over your hate. For the record, if you watch Sam in the last few episodes of the season, he looked so disinterested that it made it awkward watching him perform.

Comment by O-town – September 6, 2011 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone else noticed that Sam (Chord Overstreet) is missing too?

Comment by Tracey – September 2, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Chord left and isn’t on the Glee anymore.

Comment by Andrea – September 2, 2011 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s just my personal opinion, but if Darren deserved being promoted to regulars, Max Adler deserved it twice as much. No offense, Darren is great musician, but TV shows are supposed to be about acting skills, aren’t they?

Comment by Silvia – September 2, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The writers probably chose to promote Darren because if they didn’t tie him down, he probably would have been poached for another job. He’s pretty popular right now. Also, I don’t think the writers know what they’ll do with his character and don’t want to promote him in case they decide to right him off early in the season. So maybe after the mid series finale or before season four they’ll promote him if they decide the roll is big enough.

Comment by Jordan – September 2, 2011 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I understand what you mean. Darren had 13 solos, people are buying it on iTunes, yay, how awesome. As character, he has no personality and storyline. Max didn’t sing, but his story is incredibly appealing and inspirational for so much people. And now Darren was promoted and Max wasn’t? I got it. In that case it would be nice, if Ryan Murphy would stop to pretend that Glee is about some important message, because now it looks like it is mostly about his wallet.

Comment by Silvia – September 2, 2011 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Series regular status means nothing but a different contract and a larger paycheck. Burt’s a series regular and he’s hardly in any scenes. Just because Max is not a regular, it doesn’t mean he’s going to have a smaller role. He wasn’t a series regular in season two, either, so it’s likely that he’ll have about the same amount of screen time he had then.

Besides, TV is all about the money. It would have been nice if Ryan Murphy promoted Max to be cool, but why pay someone more if they’ll do the same work for less? Glee has a budget, they can’t promote everyone.

Comment by Jordan – September 2, 2011 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You know, a lot of people are just as inspired and encouraged by Blaine’s story as much as Dave’s, and Blaine never assaulted anyone. I don’t care how you argue it, Karofsky’s initial treatment of Kurt and the subsequent forced kiss constitutes as assault, so please don’t try to excuse the behavior. Both Darren and Blaine get a LOT of unwarranted, unnecessary attack in the fandom, generally from the same group of about ten malcontented people. Please don’t try to make Blaine into a villain – that isn’t fair for a character who has been such a source of light and positive encouragement. He has his own struggles, he’s not perfect.. but he makes Kurt so happy that I just love it.

Comment by Elle – September 9, 2011 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok why is Dave Karofsky/Max Adler not there? After 2 long Years he deserves it……..

Comment by Lassandra – September 2, 2011 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is totally missing Karofsky.

Comment by Freddie – September 2, 2011 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lots of great photos there, but missing the great Max Adler who plays Dave Karofsky. He is definitely the most photogenic – I guess he needs his own album!

Comment by Gord – September 2, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m totally surprised Dave Karofsky isn’t there. His and Kurt’s storyline was the most important storyline of season 2. I was sure he will join glee club and finally gets coming out arc…did I miss something?

Comment by Nanny – September 2, 2011 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like to point even though Max was on his movie on the day most of the cast did this, Darren and Jane did their on another day separate from the rest of the cast. The photographer tweeted Darren and Jane did their a couple of days before the cast.

Comment by John – September 2, 2011 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Max Adler and Ashley Fink. But Lauren is probably leaving Glee Club (what is sad, because I liked her relationship with Puck) and Dave will be minor character again (which is even more sad because his storyline was left unwrapped).

Comment by Julie – September 2, 2011 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course Max Adler don’t get a promo pic because his storyline bomb.

Ryan Murphy gave Max/Karofsky’s storyline a big focus in the Super Bowl’s episode and look what happen afterward. About 27 millions turn in but Glee no bump in the rating in the next episode. He even got no media attention like Darren Criss did.

Comment by Alex – September 2, 2011 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think that’s the reason. The same happened with Darren’s storyline. After Original Song (which is Blaine/Kurt centered episode!) lost Glee almost 2 millions of viewers. What I get from this is that either 20% of Glee viewers are homophobes or Darren isn’t so great as writers think.

Comment by Kate – September 2, 2011 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • About the 20% drop viewership after Original Song, it had to do more with poor writing and lack of real direction than anything. Night of neglect, for example? Promos showing one thing and then none of it is on the actual episode? I don’t think homophobia played a role.

Comment by Puckleberry – September 2, 2011 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • My comment about homophobes was pure irony, of course. I just wanted to point out that even Darren couldn’t save the falling numbers of Glee. It is of course not his fault that his character and storyline is poorly written. But his acting is sort of … boring and stiff. When I look at Rachel, I don’t see Lea Michele playing Rachel, I see Rachel. When I look at Blaine, I see Darren with gelled hair dressed in Dalton uniform. I don’t want to say he is bad actor, because he is good. I just think his choice for this role was more because of his fanbase and not because of his ability to play Blaine.

Comment by Kate – September 2, 2011 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree on Lea Michele playing Rachel. That’s acting.
            And Blaine is a bland character. When it became such a popular one, the writers didn’t seem to know what to do with him. As for Darren Criss acting as Blaine, I think you are right. It’s rather dull.
            Nothing against Darren. Actually, I was just as smitten as anybody else. Then, it became obvious the writing was going nowhere. As in The Sue Sylvester Shuffle episode, the Warblers scene seemed kind of forced, shoe-horned actually.

Comment by Puckleberry – September 4, 2011 05:59 PM PDT
  • I am missing Dave and Lauren. Probably they’re dropping Ashley, which is sad, ’cause I think she’s a great actress and plays a great character. But Dave Karofsky? He was last year’s most important storyline. His arc is Glee’s outcast, as much as Tina’s or Mercedes’ one. They need to be there, Max needs to be there. People are Dave Karofsky, seriously, Glee is much more than the teenager attention Darren Criss gets. It surprises me how few people is shocked to see what is happening. Well, underdogs will always be underdogs. People like Dave are that, I just hope Glee does a fair job and respects those people, giving them something to hang on and keep their hopes up.

Comment by factionb – September 2, 2011 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It isn’t just teenagers who love Darren Criss, but thank you for generalizing. Blaine has helped a lot of people, myself included, and I am a closeted late 20-something. See how happy he’s made Kurt just inspires me so much. I want that. I want my own Blaine, my own support system who doesn’t *always* get it right but is pretty d@mn close. He’s done just as much for the show last season as Max did, just in different ways.

But Dave’s storyline wasn’t the most important last season. Kurt’s was, and Dave was the antagonist to Kurt’s story of bullying, assault, flight, and eventual happy ending. The bullying arc and resolution saved me. Thank you, Ryan, Brad, Ian, Chris, and Darren – it was just beautiful, no matter how hard the merciless bully was to watch. I can’t wait to see how Kurt and Blaine’s relationship evolves next season, they are just so great together. They make me and SO many other people so happy.

Comment by Aliona – September 9, 2011 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Max Adler absolutely needs to be in these portraits. Dave Karofsky’s storyline was one of the most beautiful, incredibly effective storylines in season 2 and if he doesn’t get a big role in season 3, many fans who related and felt so much from the character’s struggles will be sorely disappointed.

Comment by Kayla – September 2, 2011 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who cares about some struggling closeted teenager story? It is just wasting of precious time which can be spent on Blaine’s or Rachel’s solos! Okay, I know, this wasn’t funny at all.

Comment by Sheryl – September 2, 2011 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS ^

Comment by Ann – September 2, 2011 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why isn’t Karofsky here? I thought he was senior too.

Comment by Jane – September 2, 2011 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate the fact that Lauren’s not featured here, but the one I’m REALLY missing is Dave Karofsky. He’s come such a long way, but still has a lot more to work through. I’d love to see that…so so much. It’s a moving and important story line.
    What happened after prom? Has he confided in anyone else? Will he? What about PFLAG? There’s so much to work with here.

Comment by Stephanie – September 2, 2011 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post