Fall TV Preview

Hot Video: House Battles the Pretty Prison Doc

The doctor is in — even when he is an inmate, as this fresh clip from the season premiere of Fox’s House demonstrates.

Picking up a year later with House serving time for, you know, driving his car into Cuddy’s populated home, this teaser shows that Dr. Nasty’s mad skills will not be fenced in — especially if it means he has an opportunity to whip out the ol’ lupus diagnosis.

Exclusive First Look: The First House Season 8 Poster! What Does It Mean?!

How does pretty prison practioner Dr. Jessica Adams (played by Odette Annable channeling Dr. Sara Tancredi) cotton to the inmate’s unsolicited assistance? Press PLAY below to find out. House kicks off its new season on Monday, Oct. 3 at 9/8c.

1. Ben says:

Well if that is a highlight of the episode it looks to be very boring. YAWN

2. ted says:

What’s with the ominous music for such a tepid scene? Is someone about to start a prison break any second now?

3. Suzanne says:

Boring! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…

4. Raisa T says:

Now that the first 3 comments were negative, everyone’s going to say the same thing. It’s getting old haters.

5. Brendan says:

Dear trolls who post dumb comments on all the house stories,
    I don’t care if you feel personally wronged by the writers of House for the way they handled the last couple seasons. I, like the vast majority of its viewers, still very much enjoy the show. Flooding the comments section with your whiny, uncreative, pessimistic drivel is annoying. If you didn’t like the Huddy saga, or last season’s finale, then fine. Good for you. Now kindly go away and leave the rest of us be.

• Amy says:

They won’t go away, their only purpose now is spread their hate and bitterness. Pathetic LE/huddy fangirls

• Sam says:

Yep, you’ve got it all figured out. Now all that remains is for you/”real fans” to save House from the ratings graveyard.

• Amy says:

I’m not a ‘real fan’, I didn’t watch the dumb huddy season and I wasn’t going to watch the next one but what I’ve heard and seen so far made change my mind, and the death of huddy is just the cherry on the top. Now you can go and whine with your fellows huddys

• Kim says:

Ita, they look for any House news (because that’s what you do when you don’t care about the show anymore)just to bash the show. Pathetic, indeed

• J says:

They don’t actually hate it, but saying you hate something or acting as you’re over it makes you seem like you’re better than everyone else. See the comments on posts about other shows. Glee fans hate Glee, Greys Anatomy fans hate Greys Anatomy, True Blood fans hate True Blood, etc. But we all keep watching.

• Emgee says:

Haters gonna hate.

Can’t wait for October 3rd.

6. allie D says:

Looks good to me. But then, I don’t arbitrarily write negative things on websites. Oops, I guess I kinda just did…

7. Why don't you cry about it? says:

HA. Like anybody cares about YOUR opinion? You and your inflated sense of importance can stay pressed.

8. me says:

I’m really excited for season eight but ugh the new girl doesn’t look like a very good actress. And what’s with the really intense background music? I thought I had an ad playing in a different tab

9. tara says:

I saw this promo allready on the SpoilerTV website a few days ago. Hoped it is the new one.

But just a random thought, it looks like house is now like the “Japan-Janitor”,a story of a person he told in “Son of the Coma guy”. Someone House really admired in his own way. Lol

10. Violet says:

This new chick has even less facial expressions than Olivia Wilde. Thumbs down to the casting deparment.

11. Ebowers says:

Chastity Bono and Nancy Grace are looking better and better

• sillyEbowers says:

But of course, LE fangirls want to see ass and boobs, that was Cuddy’s purpose on the show and this new actress is not going for the slutty style, that was Cuddy prerogative. Better watch the dumb DWTS, this suits huddytards much better

• Dani says:

Erm dude they have wardrobe department. If you have a problem with how they dressed one of their actresses and therefore degraded woman kind I’d write a strongly worded letter to them. Personally I think they have bigger problems: like having to be told that displaying an act of violence as cathartic isn’t really acceptable especially in this type of show, even if the protagonist was only trying to ‘hurt her house’ AND the fact that whilst all the male cast members are over 30, none of the new female cast are.

And before the bandwagon is jumped on, no I’m not a Cuddy/Huddy fangirl. I just appreciate strong narratives that don’t revolve around chickens, segways and hairbrushes. The easiest path isn’t necessarily the most rewarding. Sadly a lot of people are just working on this show for their paychecks now.

• Thomas says:

Hey now! The finale had a “strong narrative.” It was just, uh, ~lost~ somewhere between the beginning and end…

• cindy says:

Lol, hm yeah, Wilson and Cuddy wanted that he let his feelings out and house did. He just followed their advice in his own housian way,Lol.

Last season was an emotional rollercoaster for House, this whole H/Cu relationship was a sole torture. I`ve expected in a middle of the season that house would fire a bomb in the season final.It was inevitable. DOn`t understand me wrong, what he was an outragious thing to do and deserves some time in prison.

I`m excited for season8 and I`m curious to know about Houses next journey. :)

• Thomas says:

“DOn`t understand me wrong.” How could I, Cindy? I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter. Please tell me more.

• Ali says:

Dude, LE decided what to dress as Cuddy, it’s all in the official House Guide. Huddy turned House into a stupid ship show no wonder the narratives went down.

• Karomana says:

“having to be told that displaying an act of violence as cathartic isn’t really acceptable”

Try reading a little more ancient drama and Shakespeare!
          Plenty of violence, catharsis and remorse!

Fortunately for us House is funnier….

• Dani says:

I’ve read plenty. Fortunately I realise the difference between plays set in the 16th and 17th Century and how they reflect attitudes to women back then, rather than thinking they still apply to today’s society: it’s called cultural materialism. Ironically though Shakespeare, Jonson and many of the ancient Greek/Roman writers could give Shore a lesson on how to write proper, believable consequences for his protagonist, rather than the goldfish approach to evolving a character, i.e. Let’s forget everything that went before and fit the character to suit the plot rather than vice versa. He should also re-visit his source material for the character. Doyle and his character Sherlock Holmes were both pro-feminist and anti-racist.

The wardrobe department and later LE had a hand in what Cuddy wore, but the ‘revealing’ clothes that some people seem to have such a problem with were written into the script through the dialogue right from the first season. LE’s not responsible for that as much as some people would like her to be.

• Karomana says:

@ Dani
            Well if you read plenty you would know that catharsis is more for the audience than for the characters who just get punished with loads of moralizing by the chorus and/or the survivors.
            For House it might have been “cathartic” as he let go of years of bottled-up anger and frustration. Unfortunately he struck at Cuddy as she was the current object of his emotions. That’s just an explanation as the act is inexcusable. The whole thing is a cautionary tale of what do or not to do to avoid ending a wreck like House which is what the ancient tragedies aimed at.
            As for Shore, let’s wait and see what punishment he metes out to his protagonist. For the moment House does not seem to have it easy in jail.
            What I fail to understand is the connection of Ancient, Renaissance and Restoration tragedies and their attitude towards women with the subject of retribution and catharsis. Apart from Othello, very few if any deal with passion/jealousy crimes as the one House committed. The crimes are connected to deeper issues like power, politics, ethics. And in any case, even before feminism, those great writers never condoned gratuitous violence towards women or anybody else for that matter unless they were the “criminals” to be punished .

12. JH says:

At first all I could think about was Prison Break but then the awesomeness that is Hugh Laurie took over and I dared to believe that one brilliant actor could carry the show through the season. I still live in hope.

13. Ebowers says:

She better be careful or House will drive a car through her House too !!!!!

• Lol says:

Don’t worry, she is not going to show her ass and breast in order to get into House pants, Cuddy was the slutty one, remember.

• Dani says:

I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve seen House semi-naked. At work too. Does that make him a slut too? I was under the impression that that delightful name tag was only assigned to someone who slept around a lot. Oh no I forgot those double-standards make it not so!

Polo necks and chastity belts at the ready ladies, otherwise people will get confused.

• Lol says:

Cuddy is the dean and walks around showing off her assets, I’ve never seen House doing the same.

• Dani says:

No he just has massages in his office with hookers. Invites hookers in and out of the hospital to get married or play pranks on people. Not inappropriate at all eh? He’s the Head of a Department not the janitor. Oh man the people who are obsessed with Cuddy’s clothes are insane…

• @Dani says:

Cuddy is the dean and she made a habit of dressing like a slut, how many times House had a massage in his office? How many times he invited hookers in the hospital? How many times House dressed in an inappropriate way? Also Cuddy is the one who tolerate House’s behaviour in her hospital. LE wanted to play the sexy card with Cuddy, she also said she acted sexy even when the scenes didn’t implied it. If you find Cuddy behavior appropriate, well that’s your right, just like mine is finding her totally inappropriate and slutty.

• Ebowers says:

Yes but House is the one who has sex with hookers Right

14. Kasper says:

This looks great! I hope a lot of the season takes place in prison and not just 1 or 2 episodes.

15. jules says:

So far, she looks like a better actress than Olivia Wilde or Michael Michele, so I’m not crying. I’d rather they brought back Famke Janssen or someone more age and talent appropriate (a guest shot for Emma Thompson would rock) but with Olivia Wilde and Michael Michele in mind, this one is practically Judi Dench.

• Olivia Wilde is exactly as good an actress as the show ever asked her to be. But Michael Michele, well – she’s probably one of the worst actors around. I suppose she could play vulcan or a robot or something but that’s about it.

16. tahina says:

They have been so stereotyped with girls selection its now classic. Why didnt they pick an Afro-American, or a latina, or even gay, but no, it has to go with certain specifics, long hair, fair complexion, oh an OW almost look-alike. How boring–and not, am not a Huddy, just for the record.

• Thomas says:

So you think the new girl and OW look alike? RACIST. Not all white girls look the same, you know! It’s people like you that make it harder for every show to have a cute white girl…

• Cindy says:

Lol i think tahina is right. The casting directors have for sure certain preferences, all the female teammembers look alike *cough and i`m not a racist. It`s just an observation. I have no problem with it. I don`t watch a show because of the look of their cast. Lol

But Tahina calm down. They casted another woman, she is Asian. Maybe it will please you.

• Foxy says:

Actually this time they break the mold.
        No more enormous green/blue/grey eyes as in LE/JM/OW.
        This girl’s eyes are black and she has a rather sharp foxy face.
        I like her.

• Kendall says:

Odette Annable IS Latina, Einstein.

I guess she just ain’t enough of a prieta for you, huh?

17. Sara says:

This vid is not working for. It´s not because i live in a different country. The vid seems to be broken.

18. D says:

Kind of reminds me of the very first diagnostic scene in Episode 1. I guess that’s a good thing, since they said we’re going back to basics.

19. Sally says:

I actually liked this preview. I wasn’t going to bother with this season at all, but I probably will tune in for the season premiere.

20. Nancy says:

I am saddened by all of these disgusting negative posts.
    [H]OUSE is an outstanding show and Hugh Laurie is AMAZING!
    I am very much looking forward to this coming season.

• Maro says:

I so agree with you!
      Negative and repetitive and SO BORING. Don’t read them and don’t answer them. They aim to destroy our enjoyment of [H]ouse.
      As a matter of fact I pity all these haters: They cannot feel excitement and anticipation for the show. The way they keep on nagging after so many months leads me to suspect that they have very negative feelings for their own depressed lives.
      They are the ones who miss out.

21. huy says:

seems like Dr.Tancredi and Mr.Scofield all over again…

22. metkic says:

well i love the promo. And i was a Huddy fan also. At the begining when it was new and interesting. later tho…not so much. last season was quite boring if u ask me, but the last few eps were awesome. maybe that end scene really was a bit much, but at least SOMETHING happened. and back to the promo… i love the chemistry between house and Odette (although i’m not a fan of hers).
    i would also like to use this opportunity to suggest some objestivity people!

23. Bob says:

All will be well and good.

24. luis says:

25. luis says:

it seems interesting and i will watch it…this is one of the only shows i´m looking forward to come back…people say it sucks and everything but i dont really see why they bother on even click on the story..but well…im totally watching it!

26. marcelo says:

no house no cuddy the end

27. Connor says:

I think you might mean, No Hugh Laurie-no House-the end!

28. Wonko says:

Wait a minute, did he say it was Lupus? It’s never Lupus.