Exclusive

Grey's Anatomy Exclusive: Jason George Returns, Ignites Bailey Love Triangle Drama

After heading Off the Map for a brief spell, Jason George is returning to Grey’s Anatomy this fall to further complicate Bailey’s (Chandra Wilson) already complicated love life.

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that George will reprise his role as Bailey’s anesthesiologist ex for multiple episodes during Season 8.

Viewers last saw Dr. Ben in the Season 7 premiere when Bailey — still steamed that her beau was out golfing the day of the Seattle Grace massacre — formally dumped him. His return — slated for late October/early November — is sure put a crimp in Bailey’s current romance with Daniel Sunjata’s Nurse Eli.

Exclusive: Kevin McKidd Says Grey’s Has Written Cristina “Into a Box”

Grey’s Anatomy kicks off its eighth season with a special two-hour episode on Sept. 22.

GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. bob says:

i hate saying it, but its ludicrous for the audience to believe that either of these model-hot-men would be interested in dr. bailey. not that bailey isn’t beautiful, but these men would only date the olivia wildes and jessica biels of our society. give bailey a normal looking guy and a believable storyline. i’m sick of seeing “man-crazy-bailey,” because it just isn’t her. bailey would never get wrapped up in this kind of drama. moreover, it’s obvious these men are only in the show to be eye candy (although, double-edged sword, thank you for that, shonda!), so stop trying to make me believe that bailey would have a meaningful relationship with either of them. both have the personality of a rock on the show, for real.

2. Cinde says:

I want Bailey to get her hottie back. It wasn’t his fault he was golfing. Mostly, I want Chandra to win an Emmy. Her performance last year outside the elevator when Charles was dying with the elevators shut down should have clinched it. She is way underrated and it’s clear here that people agree: she’s an excellent actress. I, too, loved her from day one.

3. Mstrcolm says:

Jason George is an exceptionally untalented actor, and why are they giving Chandra Wilson such a pathetic storyline – a love triangle. It really is the only thing Shonda Rhimes can come up with. But people will watch it of course because he’s like hot and he’s like McHottie and Greys fans just can’t get enough of this superficial trash.

4. Ashley says:

You also forgot mer/der/vet, Richard/Ellis/Adele, callie/Arizona/mark, Callie/ mark/ Erika

5. Linda says:

Eli – hands down!! He is sooo freakin hot!! I too like the dynamic that he is confident enough to be with a woman with a higher “position” – but he’s probably totally in charge in the bedroom! My only complaint is that we don’t see enough of him now. Well….just one other complaint. I love Grey’s but I’m about sick of Meredith – the most whiney, self-centered, narcissistic character ever created! I mute her most of the time; she so thinks everything is all about her.

6. elam says:

I think GA should find a way to return Washington to the show, I stopped watching with interest when left. Make bailey relevant again.

• Porthos says:

Washington may have been a talented actor, but as a co-worker and as a human being, he was just a total dick. Leave him in the obscurity he ended up in.

• Brenda says:

I totally agree with you on that! I was glad when he left. His character was such a self absorbed jerk. Please don’t bring that back. I also don’t think Grey’s fans have forgotten why he was fired.I guess being nasty wasn’t all an act.

7. elam says:

I think GA should find a way to return Washington to the show, I stopped watching with interest when he left. Make bailey relevant again.

8. Norma says:

I love grays anatomy and I cant wait for the new season!!!!

9. marilyne says:

I agree,bring Izzie back,and I hope McSteamy and little Gray can patch things up

10. Steph says:

I actually like “Ben” Jason George for GA. I was hoping he would come back. I don’t like Eli with Bailey. It’s too effeminate for me. When Derek opened the on call room door I had to do a double check. It looked like he was wearing red lipstick! I also don’t like his attitude with her. Ben, IMO ,was a much better fit and more manly and more on her level plus on a shallow note he did have a great apartment. I do like the fact that they have male nurses though as it is realistic. I thought Eli was at his best when he was talking man to man with Mark and telling Lepida “you’re not welcome here.” I do miss Tyler. My vote is for Ben. Sorry Eli. As far as a triangle thing AGAIN, please get some new writers to breathe life into this show. I will give them this. The long promo has a lot going on it even if I think they show too much. I’m excited to see what happens this season to Derek, Meredith, Cristina, Alex and Bailey. If the love of the chief’s life and his wife have Alzheimers than its only fitting that he and Thatcher should die of liver disease together.

11. bola says:

Wow, y’all av said it all and I’l really like to see izzie back on the show and since errone is getting a love life on d show, I fink april should av one too and bailey getting 2 hot guys is d best thing dt culd happen in GA.

12. Brenda says:

I love greys anatomy I like the story line I hope it keeps comming new and old characters…. Shonda is doing a hell of a decent job doing these stories…she tries ger best if u feel u can do better then write out our own series movie

13. Brenda says:

Personally I think preston burke should make a come back …altho I love owen I would like to see how the three of them hold up like bailey and her two men would be awesome if her hubby tried to come back and as well as lexie getting back with mark

• Brenda M. says:

This is another Brenda. NO,NO,NO to the Burke character!! Let it go, lets get the current problems solved. That one is a dead horse.

14. Koki says:

great name fr the Ben character. Ha ha. Yup why bring back a dud character? Bailey’s been one of the best characters on GA by far. If you wanna spice up her life do something different than eternal triangle

15. Ty says:

It is 2011. Why can’t Bailey openly have them both? Let’s broaden Bailey’s perspective as she evolves into current culture. Bailey has overcome many obstacles and has always held back to be proper. Let it all hang out give her an open relationship with 2 handsome men who adore her & make her the center of the universe. They both love her.

16. Nara says:

Team Ben! I want to see them work through the trauma that forced them to break up after the shooting and come out stronger than before. Eli is a nice enough guy, but what Ben and Miranda had was special. They deserve a fresh start.

17. Paige says:

I don’t like Eli at all. I have never really felt any chemistry between Bailey and him. They just don’t quite seem to fit. I think she and Ben were MUCH better!

18. Alberto says:

YES!!! I love her with Ben!!!

19. hooby says:

why they didnt return drVEN
    VET DOCTOR

20. Lauren says:

I like Ben. But not really concerned either way, as long as we get lots of Bailey screentime!

21. Amanda says:

Like Callie, Bailey seems to have gotten LESS mature as she’s gotten older. Bailey was caught having sex in the on-call room. When she was “the Nazi”, she would have torn into anyone for not only the sex but for being too stupid to lock the door. Sorry, but Eli seems too young for Bailey. I like Ben better.

I wish “bad-ass” Callie would come back but since she’s a mommy now I don’t think she will.

22. RS says:

The word IS spelled weird, not werd!!!

23. Abolarin motunrayo says:

I tink greys anatomy is rily geting close to been a sad drama.the characters are not happy all the time,sad tins are always happenin like breakups even death especially of our favourite,it wuld be best if tins cud change for gud dis new season and mixture of fun and work,not only surgery all the time.

24. 막장 says:

그냥 개념을 디시인 쌈따구 비트박스 16비트 발맞춰서 걷어찰만큼 말아먹었네, 숀다 아오 3각구도? 몇번째로 써먹는거냐.

25. Ti says:

I love the fact that both men are gorgeous. Is like a boost factor for Bailey: she’s a strong confident woman that is wooed by two handsome men. That Shonda Rhimes didn’t went for the “funny guy” or something like that is a thumbs up for her and GA

26. Laura says:

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe
    Catch a tiger by the toe
    If he hollers let him go,
    Eeny, meeny, miny, moe

My mother told me
    To pick the very best one
    And you are [not] it.
    Ben-

Out goes one
    Out goes two
    Out goes another one
    And that is you.
    Eli!
    This story arch reminds me of this nursery rhyme.

27. Olive says:

Saying bailey cant attract a man is very narrow minded. Being attractive involves much more than being skinny.

28. jl says:

This is most ridiculous story line ever. Baily is fat!!!! She is a great actress but needs to lose a bunch of weight. These two guys would never be in any kind of relationship with her. It is laughable to see.
    Can’t you help her?
    For years this has been my favorite show….no longer

29. Diana says:

if in 8 season return Berk, this would be very intresting love triangle: Krisina, Owen, Berk. i’d like to see.

30. Shawn says:

I’m so happy that you said that keep posting they may pay attention to what’s being said and fix it enough of the triangles. I must also say I’m ssssssoooooo happy it’s not another reality show LOL

31. jen says:

she belongs with eli…he is not intimidated by her strong personality because he has one of his own…i think its good for her to have a strong guy so she can have a chance to relax…this girls been thru alot, she needs a partner whos strong enough to hold her up for a change, and show her vulnerability…and her femininity! go bailey…eli is the guy for you!

32. Wilder Smith says:

Whatever GA does I will still enjoy Bailey is must and I would love to see Izzy make a guest appearance also. The competition from the other guy will spice it up and Bailey will choose who gives her the emotional support she desires.

33. Crystal says:

I love Bailey and how well she plays her character but Eli has soften her some and I miss the old Bailey personality. Eli is her fun and is the present but Ben is her future. I think she should get back with Ben and start being herself again!

34. If some one desires to be updated with most up-to-date technologies afterward he must
    be pay a quick visit this site and be up to date daily.