Fall TV Preview

Hot Promos: The Mentalist, Criminal Minds Team Face the Music - Plus NCIS: LA With a Bullet!

In our endeavor to make sure you keep current with the latest promos for returning fall shows, we present a 3-for-1 deal –- CBS’ new teasers for The Mentalist, Criminal Minds and NCIS: Los Angeles.

First up, The Mentalist returns Sept. 22 with Patrick Jane locked up for gunning down “Red John,” while a critical piece of evidence in his defense has curiously gone missing. Could Bradley Whitford have been but a “Red” herring?

Hawaii Five-0 Season 2 Trailer: Terry O’Quinn Rides to the Rescue

Next, Criminal Minds (back Sept. 21) reveals that “resurrecting” Prentiss does not come without a price, as the BAU team is called on to account for their actions (presumably against Ian Doyle).

The Good Wife‘s Addictive New Promo

Lastly, NCIS: LA puts a bullet into one of its own, as the Hetty mystery resumes on Sept. 20.

1. DL says:

Say what you will about CBS’s procedural machine, but I’m excited for the return of all three of these shows. They certainly know how to make entertaining TV.

• Mandy says:

Yes, I’m glad that “Criminal Minds” is back and that Prentiss is back. Also looking forward to “The Mentalist”. :)

2. Colleen says:

Not to nit pick but the CM promo shows up twice and no NCIS LA.

Not that its a bad thing since its AMAZING and I can’t wait now.

3. kevin says:

CBS still obsessed with procedural dramas since CSI. My advice: no more of that ’til next season and stop picking up more than one of them during pilot season. Enough is enough, CBS.

• Mel says:

Why? It’s obviously working and making them money?
      Don’t fix something if it isnt broken.

• Bubbles says:

I disagree…I think CBS’s procedural dramas are much better than the comedies they put out in recent years…with the exception of Bug Bang Theory. These three in particular always have great storylines and are able to keep my interest. But, to each his/her own, of course. =)

4. Andrea says:

When I click on all of the videos it reads…”the video you requested is unavailable or expired.” I don’t think it’s expired since this was just posted this morning.

5. Polly says:

For those outside US

NCIS:LA -> http://youtu.be/PEYLqdVllk0
    The Mentalist -> http://youtu.be/-V43id2rpJo

6. Mikaylah says:

So excited for Criminal Minds! The whole team back together again! Hotch is looking pretty scruffy… It will be interesting to see how they all handle the news that Prentiss is alive, and the fallout. It eases my minds that everyone is here all season though.

7. Jen says:

I’m still extremely happy that NCIS:LA turned into something awesome.

8. Mel says:

So excited for CM to return! Sept 21 can’t come soon enough!

PAGET/PRENTISS is back, I love her!

So excited that AJ Cook is back where she belongs as well.

9. steve says:

Great to have the gang of CMs back together again but sad to see it seems like they will unravel Prentiss return in one episode. She had 1 of the best tv exits imho the build up was just so good and i was hoping they would give her return the build up her exit got.

10. Alicia says:

Thank you for this, Matt! I may or may not have tweeted you about it yesterday evening… :D
    Anyway, glad to have somewhere to gush–so stoked for Prentiss and AJ’s return! Though I was hoping they’d drag out the Doyle storyline a bit longer (it looks like they catch/kill him in the premiere), guess
    we’ll see.
    Also, I like how the team is testifying together before a committee (to back Prentiss up), similar to how they had that mini “tribunal” with Strauss after Hotch killed Foyet.
    CM’s premiere is definitely the one I’m looking forward to the most :)

11. RvE says:

And of course, it would just kill CBS to let the fans outside the US see these previews as well. Sigh….. :(
    Can’t WAIT for the return of “Criminal Minds” the way it’s supposed to be!

12. torontogirl98 says:

I cannot wait for The Mentalist, I can’t wait to see where things go next!

• Danielle H says:

I know, right? I hope we can move past this in an episode or 2 and still have the procedural part of the show.

13. Vader says:

CM should have keep Rachel Nichols and not brought back Paget Brewster.

• Sam says:

Reevaluate your taste. Paget wipes the floor with that dollar store AJ.

• SL says:

Both Paget Brewster and Rachel Nichols suck! They are terrible actors!

• Michael Wiseman says:

I Agree…The Dollar Store version had nothing to offer past the BAU case she had experienced herself. What was it Hotch said to Emily when she showed up. We can not have agents assigned here just to give it a whirl. Writers should have remembered that.

• KMG says:

Really? Are you her family member or something? That’s the only way you could feel that way, the way she was handled last season.
      I actually felt sorry for Ms. Nichols… CBS fired two popular characters from a popular show, then clumsily replaced them with one new character with no intro, no backstory, and no character development — and then they gave her no role on the team! She got a total of about 30 lines in all of the episodes she was in, made zero impact, and established no rapport with anyone. Plus, she bore an amazing resemblance to AJ Cook. There was no way she was going to be accepted by the CM fans! I think the producers knew that going in, and made her their sacrificial lamb so that they could get back to the cast they wanted.

• BT says:

“I think the producers knew that going in, and made her their sacrificial lamb so that they could get back to the cast they wanted.”

You know, I thought that too! I mean, they couldn’t have written her any worse if they’d tried so who’s to say they weren’t trying?

• Ashley says:

The vast majority of fans are thrilled with Brewster coming back and Nichols being gone. Stop beating that dead horse already.

• txg says:

You have got to be kidding! RN was like watching a wet towel every week! I can see that by opening up the washing machine! Having Paget return is certain to kick up some dust around the BAU and keep things interesting.

14. Lil Jo says:

OK… How many times is NCIS LA going to shoot one of the characters, enough already?

15. Jack says:

So does Patrick John run into Greg House when he’s in the slammer?

• RebeccaJ says:

Isn’t it odd that Jane is in for murder and yet I actually want him to get out of jail more than I want House to? Lol.

• Alicia says:

Not odd at all. Jane’s actions were righteous–no one can fault him for taking revenge on the murderer of his wife and child. House recklessly attacked his ex-GF’s home because he was “hurt.” Yet somehow David Shore thought people would cheer for that…

16. Tiffany says:

So…I thought there was no way I could possibly get more excited for September 21, but I was very wrong!! I can’t wait to see how they bring Prentiss back! I had been hoping they would build it up as they did a fantastic job building up her exit, but now I just can’t wait for our team to be back together again. (And scruffy-lookin’ Hotch ain’t bad!)

17. Melissa says:

So excited for all 3 of these shows to come back! Thanks for posting these Matt! Was it just me but in the last couple secs of the CM preview, was that Morgan on the ground? I hope they don’t hurt Derek Morgan!!!!

18. LDSK says:

That CM trailer kicks major A**!!! Love it! Can’t wait until the premier.

19. Jeff says:

Major Kudos to whomever put that trailer together for Criminal Minds. CBS usually doesn’t put a lot of thought or money into promoting the show so this is a big change. The music, images, glimpses of story to come…really well done.

20. Lorie says:

Matt, thanks for posting these teasers. The Mentalist & CM premieres can’t come soon enough!

21. Lauren Reynolds (is dead) says:

Oh my gosh I’m so excited for CM to start. Looks like the premier is going to be awesome!

22. Lyndsey says:

I actually enjoy it more than NCIS these days! Casting Linda Hunt as Hetty is definitely one of the best casting decisions ever made on TV!! She makes it must-see TV along with the fantastic chemistry between the entire cast!!